PDA

View Full Version : G.P.S.

01-08-2010, 05:05 PM
When did it become an acceptable practice for supervisors to disable their vehicles G.P.S. If I recall the OG reflects no person is allowed to disable the vehicles G.P.S. unit. I also recall that a certain Major voiced his opinion on this matter in a memo he issued awhile back. That memo included LT, Sgt and Patrol. Furthermore when we attended the so called training on the MCT’s we were all told by this major if anyone had the idea of disabling this feature he or she would be written up for violation of policy.

I was not aware that when you were given rank you were also given a blessing to violate certain policies and face no ramifications for your actions. Over the last several months I have seen it happen several times where a certain Lt decides to request 94 and his location in unknown. Ya this Lt routinely forgets to even check out in the first place, and that should be addressed also.

I just can’t figure out what the reasoning is behind a supervisor disabling the G.P.S. I would assume it would be to “sneak” up on a deputy. If this is the actual reasoning for this then why is that deputy even allowed to be on the road. If a supervisor can’t trust their personal to the degree he or she has to “sneak” up on them to supposedly catch them doing something wrong, well that’s just stupid. On the other hand are these supervisors doing something they don’t want anyone else to know about. Just makes me wonder.

01-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Who cares? If you do not like it, switch squads at the end of the month. If you are not on the squad then you really have no reason to complain. I personally could care less if they want to "sneak up" on me since I actually do my job. If your are worried about getting caught, look inward for the problem, not outward. When will people learn that life is not fair.

01-10-2010, 02:29 AM
Who cares? If you do not like it, switch squads at the end of the month. If you are not on the squad then you really have no reason to complain. I personally could care less if they want to "sneak up" on me since I actually do my job. If your are worried about getting caught, look inward for the problem, not outward. When will people learn that life is not fair.

You are a sheep. Confrom and follow, blindly. Do it. Chug that Kool aid, brother.

Or, maybe- do as the original poster did and ask "why?" when expetions to General Orders are exercised regularly by the "elite". Exceptions ot the rule, of course. Oh, I should have known.

If you truly believe in the "do as I say, and not as I do" theory, then you will flourish in this administration. Enjoy the ride.

01-10-2010, 02:54 AM
I agree why is this an OK practice? I do my job to but I also believe that rules, however retarted are still rules.

01-11-2010, 05:46 AM
It is not that I blindly conform and follow, it is simply that I understand some battles are worth the fight and others are not. This fight would be one definitely not worth the fight. I do not agree with the "do as I say, and not as I do" theory due to it being a complete oxymoron while in a management role but I again believe this issue is not worth fighting. The only thing gained from winning this battle is being able to see the location of your supervisors (which is irrelevant to me) and pissing off the upper echelon. I would rather not see the location of a supervisor because the GPS is unplugged than not be able to see it because I am unemployed. We all know your job at the agency depends on who you piss off or don't piss off so why waste your job on such a trivial issue. Back to my original post, life isn't fair, why worry about it?

01-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Guest and cry a little more. You’re both right. The cowardice and hypocrisy of the brass who turn a blind eye to violation by their favorite sons is disgusting. But it isn’t worth losing your job over. Just keep a low profile and a detailed documentable diary of this stuff. It will come in handy someday.

01-21-2010, 10:21 PM
This is great, not only do we have a supervisor sneaking around, now we also have a grunt keeping track of stuff in their little book! What the flip over?

02-04-2010, 04:29 AM
If a supervisors whats to disappear, so be it. But the system does not work as it should. I recall a couple years ago when I ran a statis and saw my SGT right down the street. That was easy, I drove in circles looking for him for paper. I sent him a message, and he said he was ghosting. He could project his last GPS location. I like him, he is a good superviser, but what the hell is the purpose of that. I guess I should have called his cell...are you really there?

02-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Well the main reason the certain Lt. Turns off his GPS. Is to go hide with a certain female deputy. Who thus the same, so go figure.

02-16-2010, 01:56 AM
..Some things never change- and others always stay the same. The badge will get it, and it will get your badge. Unless you work for Highlands S.O.

;)

02-16-2010, 09:02 AM
I guess people don't have enough to worry about so they bother themselves with the personal lives of others.

02-17-2010, 03:56 AM
I hear the female deputy in question has "skills", so I can't blame the Lt. Be nice to her, she may be your Sgt. someday.

02-18-2010, 08:51 PM
When did it become an acceptable practice for supervisors to disable their vehicles G.P.S. If I recall the OG reflects no person is allowed to disable the vehicles G.P.S. unit. I also recall that a certain Major voiced his opinion on this matter in a memo he issued awhile back. That memo included LT, Sgt and Patrol. Furthermore when we attended the so called training on the MCT’s we were all told by this major if anyone had the idea of disabling this feature he or she would be written up for violation of policy.

I was not aware that when you were given rank you were also given a blessing to violate certain policies and face no ramifications for your actions. Over the last several months I have seen it happen several times where a certain Lt decides to request 94 and his location in unknown. Ya this Lt routinely forgets to even check out in the first place, and that should be addressed also.

I just can’t figure out what the reasoning is behind a supervisor disabling the G.P.S. I would assume it would be to “sneak” up on a deputy. If this is the actual reasoning for this then why is that deputy even allowed to be on the road. If a supervisor can’t trust their personal to the degree he or she has to “sneak” up on them to supposedly catch them doing something wrong, well that’s just stupid. On the other hand are these supervisors doing something they don’t want anyone else to know about. Just makes me wonder.

If you've got a complaint then write a memo.

If you are afraid to write a memo then posting your complaint here is cowardice.

I was not aware that when you were given rank you were also given a blessing to violate certain policies and face no ramifications for your actions.

Now you ARE aware. Move on with your life.

:roll: