PDA

View Full Version : new chief = change

01-06-2010, 12:18 AM
The ledger, http://www.theledger.com/article/20100103/NEWS/1035018

New chief says changes are on the way, I SURE HOPE SO. Thus far I have seen nothing. Hercherl still sitting around doing nothing more than smoking a pack a day and reading the paper. I hope and remain hopefull Hall will do something with the upperstaff that has been retired on duty for far to long. Hercherl does nothing positive for the department, just an i.t. tech with a gun. Don't get me started on maclin. he is just useless. Not smart and has the leadership skills of a 3rd grader.

Come on Hall and wow us with change, we're all ready for it!

01-06-2010, 12:25 AM
newbie to the site,
but I gotta agree, bring the change Obama, i mean Hall. #2,3 and 4 should not be tasked with making decisions, how do you think the department got in this situation from the get go?!?!?!?!?!?

01-06-2010, 02:46 AM
This whole posting situation is being in a room with a group of small spoiled children who don’t want to play together!

01-06-2010, 03:38 AM
Maybe if some of you guys spent more time energy arresting drug thugs instead of posting the PCSO would not have to spend their time solving Bartow’s drug problem.

01-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Maybe if some of you guys spent more time energy arresting drug thugs instead of posting the PCSO would not have to spend their time solving Bartow’s drug problem.

Alright genius...why do you think they are posting their complaints? Its the Admin who shut down BPD drug unit, therefore PCSO had to come in and do what they did. Why do think Officers and Detectives are upset with the current situation? You think they like the fact they have been dismantled over the last several years. You think they are thrilled that the same #2 #3 #4 people are still making the same decisions that caused the downward sprial to begin with? You think the front line officers at BPD dont want to be members of a respected department? Obviously you are aware of the drug arrests made in Bartow recently. That shows you what happens when an Admin plays with fire and instead of hiring sworn officers......they hire civilian training officers who have no qualifications to train, they fill the halls with civilian positions because they dont want to do the tasks themselves. They dont see they need people in uniform on the road, detectives working past 430 in the affternoon, street crimes, burglary unit, etc etc...All they see is what is inside a building that is falling down around them, literally. And anyone who is tired of reading the complaints, sick of the BPD offficers writing their opinions, and fed up with the BPD postings......it simple, stop reading this page. You have the freedom to click on something else the same way you turn a tv channel or a radio dial. GO to PCSO site and read about arrrested Deputies...over and over and over again.

01-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Alright genius...why do you think they are posting their complaints? (BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT MATURE ENOUGH TO EVALUATE LIGITAMATE COMPLAINTS AND ADDRESS THE REAL ISSUES IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER). Its the Admin who shut down BPD drug unit, therefore PCSO had to come in and do what they did? (THE DRUG UNIT WAS DISMANTALED AS A RESULT OF PERSONNEL CUTS DIRECTED BY CITY HALL. SIX POSITIONS BY PREVIOUS CITY MANAGER AND SIX MORE BY CURRENT MANAGER). Why do think Officers and Detectives are upset with the current situation? (CAN UNDERSTAND THE CONCERN). You think they like the fact they have been dismantled over the last several years. NO. You think they are thrilled that the same #2 #3 #4 people are still making the same decisions that caused the downward sprial to begin with? (MAYBE THE DECISIONS ARE BASED ON WHAT RESOURCES AND TALENT THAT IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE). You think the front line officers at BPD dont want to be members of a respected department? (THEN ACT PROFESSIONAL). Obviously you are aware of the drug arrests made in Bartow recently. That shows you what happens when an Admin plays with fire and instead of hiring sworn officers......they hire civilian training officers who have no qualifications to train, they fill the halls with civilian positions because they dont want to do the tasks themselves ? ( FOUR CIVILIAN POSITIONS WERE ALSO CUT. YOUR ALLEGATION IS FALSE). They dont see they need people in uniform on the road, detectives working past 430 in the affternoon, street crimes, burglary unit, etc etc...All they see is what is inside a building that is falling down around them, literally. (THESE CONCERNS AND RECOMMENDATIONS TO ADDRESS THESE ISSUES WERE PRESENTED TO THE COMMESSION AND REJECTED). And anyone who is tired of reading the complaints, sick of the BPD offficers writing their opinions, and fed up with the BPD postings..BE FACTUAL AND THE RESULT MAYBE VIEWED AS CREDIBLE....it simple, stop reading this page. You have the freedom to click on something else the same way you turn a tv channel or a radio dial. (OR PRESENT INFORMATION THAT CAN BE VARIFIED BY A PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST). GO to PCSO site and read about a rrrested Deputies...over and over and over again. (NO ONES PERFECT)!
duh (DUH IS RIGHT)!!!!

01-07-2010, 11:26 AM
The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority.

To the poster that said it was not the #2#3or #4 mans fault the world around them crumbled, think of this. (You were probably an administrator or are an administrator.) NO where in your response did the admin take any responsiblity for things that went down hill. Its all the commisions fault or the officers that are making complaints with no facts. When a "leader" can no longer lead, they must get out of the way. Several years ago a survey was conducted on the department and according to the results everyone felt that the #2 man was just as responsible as the #1 man that got booted. It was recommended that he leave the department as well. The CM has told him, he is lucky to still have a job. It was so bad that when the interim was here from the Sheriff's office he couldn't leave the #2 man in charge when he wouldn't be at the office. When the interim from the SO left to go back to the SO, the #2 man was skipped and a underling Captain was put in charge over him, what does that say. That decision was not made by the employees, but by the powers at city hall. All the above is fact and I hope you can try and dispute it, i think it will be some good reading.

But like i said, (you being an admin) you will say, the survey didn't mean anything, blah blah blah. I will stop there and wait for you to respond.

01-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Leadership is a combination of influence and authority with additional characteristics. Leadership is not just the admin responsibility, but all within an organization. Additionally every-one in an organization shares responsibility for its success or failure. The allegations posted just point the finger at specific targets. The intent of these remarks is to portray that all the employees are victims of the bad administrators. The admin disbanded all the specialty units within the department.

Unfortunately there are always a select group who will attempt to undermine and discredit in an effort of self-gain. They really believe if the top admin were removed, it will give them the opportunity to climb that ladder. There were all kinds of allegations in that survey. Certain employees were ringing their hands in anticipation of the removal of all the admin. The fact of the matter is you have to have just cause to remove someone. The complaints have to be valid. You can bet the man from the SO tried his best to achieve that task. Would have made it easier for a merger.

YOUR POST: Several years ago a survey was conducted on the department and according to the results everyone felt that the #2 man was just as responsible as the #1 man that got booted. It was recommended that he leave the department as well. The CM has told him, he is lucky to still have a job. It was so bad that when the interim was here from the Sheriff's office he couldn't leave the #2 man in charge when he wouldn't be at the office. When the interim from the SO left to go back to the SO, the #2 man was skipped and a underling Captain was put in charge over him, what does that say.

Your information is not exactly correct. The #2 man did run the department in the absence of the interim from the SO. The #2 man was skipped over for interim after he spoke in opposition of the merger at the commission meeting.

The commission on that night ask to hear from the police department regarding the merger. The #2 man was the only one to speak. The rest of the members sat in their seats. Never said a word. Said they didn’t want to take the chance of up setting the SO just incase the merger was passed.

This is all public record and can be checked out.

01-07-2010, 07:37 PM
While true Hiedi was the only person to speak, this is because he had the most to loose.
Heidi spoke soley out of self preservation, knowing full well that a merger left him on the
doorstep. Lets not pretend that you, "i mean heidi", was doing anything for the boys!!

01-07-2010, 08:16 PM
While true Hiedi was the only person to speak, this is because he had the most to loose.
Heidi spoke soley out of self preservation, knowing full well that a merger left him on the
doorstep. Lets not pretend that you, "i mean heidi", was doing anything for the boys!!

Oh come on, all that talk about I BLEED BLUE, the union vote behind the scene, he was the only one to lose anything.

Not good enought!!!

01-07-2010, 11:42 PM

01-07-2010, 11:48 PM

Based on what I have read, I would not have done it for the “BOY’S” either. The “BOY’S” are suppose to be men and able to speak for themselves!!

01-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Do you really think all this posting is going to achieve anything positive. This site is viewed by the public. Various posting talk about professionalism, wanting respect and a host of other accolades. This behavior will destroy any chance of that.

Think about it!

01-08-2010, 01:24 AM
"Do you really think all this posting is going to achieve anything positive. This site is viewed by the public. Various posting talk about professionalism, wanting respect and a host of other accolades. This behavior will destroy any chance of that.

Think about it![/quote]

Do you really think *****in about others voicing their opinion is going to achive anything? albeit for people to talk about current "affairs" on a leoAFFAIRS posting, without the speech police moving in and *****in. this site has always been about "discussing" the goings on at the PD, so obviously you don't mind reading the posts, that is until something is said that you disagree with.......either contribute to the post with your opposing view, or shut your yap and change the channel!!!!

01-08-2010, 01:36 AM
"Do you really think all this posting is going to achieve anything positive. This site is viewed by the public. Various posting talk about professionalism, wanting respect and a host of other accolades. This behavior will destroy any chance of that.

Think about it!

Do you really think *****in about others voicing their opinion is going to achive anything? albeit for people to talk about current "affairs" on a leoAFFAIRS posting, without the speech police moving in and *****in. this site has always been about "discussing" the goings on at the PD, so obviously you don't mind reading the posts, that is until something is said that you disagree with.......either contribute to the post with your opposing view, or shut your yap and change the channel!!!![/quote]

Remember the famous words spoken by Rodney King “ Can’t we all get along.”. Or did he say F#*k those mother F&#&ER’S crackers

01-08-2010, 04:31 AM
I think the major and the lt. Are worthless there is my opinion! I've got nothing more to add.

01-15-2010, 02:05 AM
I HAVE TO GO WITH LT IS MORE WORTHLES THEN MAJ. THE LT IS NOW WHAT HE HAS ALWAYS WANTED TO BE. A DEWBOY OF THE HIGHER UPS. MAJ IS IN DROP AND THE END IS IN SIGHT. THE LT HAS NO LIFE BUT TO MAKE THINGS MISERABLE FOR THE REST. HE WILL BE HEERE FOREVER.

01-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Alright genius...why do you think they are posting their complaints? (BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT MATURE ENOUGH TO EVALUATE LEGITIMATE COMPLAINTS AND ADDRESS THE REAL ISSUES IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER).

Your perception of our maturity is inaccurate. The rest of us are sitting on go waiting for some to retire so our opinions suggestions and viewpoints will no longer be discounted and ridiculed because of their lack of ability to see our maturity.

Its the Admin who shut down BPD drug unit, therefore PCSO had to come in and do what they did? (THE DRUG UNIT WAS DISMANTLED AS A RESULT OF PERSONNEL CUTS DIRECTED BY CITY HALL. SIX POSITIONS BY PREVIOUS CITY MANAGER AND SIX MORE BY CURRENT MANAGER).

And who put their jobs/careers on the line to go stand up to the wackos at city hall to prevent this? Blame city hall all you want, but if our admin would have amassed an augment to the cutbacks, maybe if they would have asked us immature slugs some questions and acted like administrators instead of know it all jackasses, and then stood up for the department, by putting themselves on the line like real leaders do, then maybe some of the slash and burn we experienced would have been minimized.

Why do think Officers and Detectives are upset with the current situation? (CAN UNDERSTAND THE CONCERN).

Other than understanding, what is being done about it? We sure don’t know of any plan the masterminds have in place!!!!!

You think they like the fact they have been dismantled over the last several years. NO. You think they are thrilled that the same #2 #3 #4 people are still making the same decisions that caused the downward spiral to begin with? (MAYBE THE DECISIONS ARE BASED ON WHAT RESOURCES AND TALENT THAT IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE).

Talent? You don’t have a clue as to the amount of talent which actually exists here, bub. Just making that comment shows you haven’t looked for talent. They haven’t done a thing to develop the talent surrounding them.

You think the front line officers at BPD don’t want to be members of a respected department? (THEN ACT PROFESSIONAL).

Another blow. Read the papers there buddy. Look at the number of arrests, acts of immoral behavior and just plain ol’ stupidity that has been reported about the other agencies in our fair county. And what do you know of our professionalism? When do you come out and work along side of us. When do you ever witness our professionalism in action. If our admin would, "Quit Mashin’ Ass" in the office and at the back table and come out into our world then they might change their opinion of us. To insult us like this is an atrocity of sensibility. We are professionals. We do our jobs. We are the front line for this department and our reputation as professionals is in tact my friend.

Obviously you are aware of the drug arrests made in Bartow recently. That shows you what happens when an Admin plays with fire and instead of hiring sworn officers......they hire civilian training officers who have no qualifications to train, they fill the halls with civilian positions because they dont want to do the tasks themselves ? ( FOUR CIVILIAN POSITIONS WERE ALSO CUT. YOUR ALLEGATION IS FALSE).

Four civilian positions? The poor *******s.

12 police officer positions. That is our loss……hardly a comparable fact considering we are a :

LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY !!!!!!!!!!

They dont see they need people in uniform on the road, detectives working past 430 in the affternoon, street crimes, burglary unit, etc etc...All they see is what is inside a building that is falling down around them, literally. (THESE CONCERNS AND RECOMMENDATIONS TO ADDRESS THESE ISSUES WERE PRESENTED TO THE COMMESSION AND REJECTED).

Who conducted this presentation and when? Was it an actual presentation or was it a stack of papers thrown at them to read. Who prepared it? Was there any input from the rest of us? The commission has to be spoon fed information. They only know what they are told. Did the then chief, major or any other administrator go out on a limb in an effort to publicly drum up support for this agency? I will guess that they did not.

And anyone who is tired of reading the complaints, sick of the BPD offficers writing their opinions, and fed up with the BPD postings..BE FACTUAL AND THE RESULT MAYBE VIEWED AS CREDIBLE....

Credibility is a matter of opinion. Ones own bias, level of knowledge and position in a situation shapes their view of credibility. The facts as we see them can only be truly judged from our point of view.

it simple, stop reading this page. You have the freedom to click on something else the same way you turn a tv channel or a radio dial. (OR PRESENT INFORMATION THAT CAN BE VARIFIED BY A PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST).

Public records? My god, what are you thinking? We are talking about the issues surrounding people and their concerns. There are few issues here that can be addressed by a public records request.

GO to PCSO site and read about arrested Deputies...over and over and over again. (NO ONES PERFECT)!

Seems that you think you are !!!!!!

duh (DUH IS RIGHT)!!!!

I will agree.

01-17-2010, 07:03 PM
Bravo to the preceeding poster. The LT and MAJ are just sitting on their biscuit without having to risk it! If a tough question is asked of the LT he isn't going to answer it, if he tries, he is going to be wrong. And, no one is going to post a question to the MAJ, he doesn't have time for police questions. Just ask him about gigabits or the ledger, that's all he studies.

01-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Did anyone see the email the lt sent out about using proper grammer? Then sent out 2 emails smothered with typos and run on sentences. What a smuck, way to lead by example.

01-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Did anyone see the email the lt sent out about using proper grammer? Then sent out 2 emails smothered with typos and run on sentences. What a smuck, way to lead by example.
Actually it is " Then sends out two emails" and it is Schmuck, not smuck, figured you wanted to be accurate while bashing someone for spelling and grammar (NOT GRAMMER)structure.....Hope mine is not " smothered with typos and.....", smothered, ain't that how you like your biscuits and gravy??????

01-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Two out of the last three posts have mentioned biscuits. I'm gettin' hungry !!!

02-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Ouch! All this change is making my head hurt and I'm starting to get dizzy.

02-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Its not the change that is making you dizzy, its the mold in our air ducts !!

02-03-2010, 11:41 PM
I don't think it's the mold in the air duct. I think it's the mold growing on some dead wood!

02-07-2010, 12:52 AM
NEWSFLASH! THIS JUST IN!

The drug ring operated for TEN freakin years right under your nostrils. How can THAT be blamed on no drug unit? Don't you guys have ANY Sources? Quit blaming lame law enforcement on nonsense. Who will you blame for Bartow having the highest crime rate in the county....the SO???? Take some ownership in what you do. Take some responsibility. Do you need an Lt, Major or Chief to order you to be pro-active, to develop sources, to solve crime? Jesus God Almighty.

02-07-2010, 04:38 AM
:cop: :devil: :devil: :cop:

Give us a break, we are changing, ok !

All we gotta do to get in our building is put our fingers on a thinggy !!

And we got a big TV !!

So there !!

02-08-2010, 04:14 AM
Hey genius..the "drug ring" didnt operate unknown, if you knew anything about law enforcement (which you obviously do not) patrol officers in uniform driving a marked police unit can only do so much. Its not like they can make controlled buys or do uc surveillance in a blue and white. Get a clue, other than low level hand to hands, patrol has their hands full answering calls for service. This aint TV Einstien, real police work to take down this type of criminal element is not solved in an hour by making cute comments. This is the real world where PC (Probable Cause) and long long hours of case work has to be applied. If you think Im wrong, ask the Detectives from PCSO who worked thier A**es of for months to bring this together. I myself appreciate the dedication of the PCSO NArc Unit for taking this on. BPD is greatful for their work and wish everyone at PCSO was as professional and educated as the men and women in the Narc Unit. Thoses Deputies are real COPS and WE respect them and thank Sheriff Judd for the help. And if BPD Admin was on the ball and listened to the Officers who knew how serious this drug problem was, perhaps this could have avoided. They didnt listen, things got real bad, and the problems got out of control. END OF STORY!! Go back to your episode of Law and Order and leave Police work to those who know. (Thank you PCSO for looking past the Admin problems and helping your fellow officers fight crime.)

02-26-2010, 01:12 AM
Things will be better in 3 years or so. 'major should be gone be then. So just keep waiting!

03-13-2010, 03:05 PM
So you think that your department has bad supervisors? Ha! Try visiting the deeeeeeeep south at the Sarasota Sheriff's Office (http://sarasotasheriff.org/) in Florida where you'll meet "the hillbilly Gestapo gang." (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1281543078093754455&ei=a-WaS-eUNJK8qgLS8qX-DA&q=gestapo&hl=en#) :roll:

Steve Burns (http://www.sarasotasheriff.org/photogallery/Staff%202009/BURNS_Colonel_small%20copy.jpg) aka Mussolini (http://jonjost.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/mussolini.jpg) the ****tator
. [/*:m:1j6joa5u]
Charlie Kaspar aka Nero (http://www.livius.org/a/1/emperors/nero_mus_munchen.JPG) the smiling madman
Ron Locke aka little Hitler (http://www.anthonygonzalez.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/hitler-youth.jpg)
Kevin McElya aka Panama Noriega (http://www.dictatorofthemonth.com/Noriega/noriega6.jpg) the incompetent [/*:m:1j6joa5u]

So c'mon down ya'll and join the hillbilly Gestapo (http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=97372&p=653895#p653895) fun! Ya hear?!!! :roll:

03-26-2010, 04:11 AM
Sure wish we would have let Sheriff Grady take over. Wake up City officials you aint got the juice give it up before we fall deeper.

03-27-2010, 01:55 AM
negative, we DONT need grady. leave that shit the **** alone.

03-31-2010, 01:48 AM
yeah because leaving that alone has worked out so well. "still blue" is working out great :devil: