PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Area Cop's Debut Novel Gets Great Reviews

01-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Philadelphia Area Cop's Debut Novel Gets Great Reviews

Keith Gilman's debut novel, FATHER'S DAY was awarded Best First Novel by the Private Eye Writers of America. The publisher is St. Martin's Press and it's available at B&N, Borders and online at Amazon.

Gilman has a cop's eye for detail and a hardboiled humor that can't be faked. A palpable evil fills the pages of FATHER'S DAY that is both terrifying and relentless. Gilman writes sharply and knows where all the bodies are buried; his Philadelphia is worth a visit.---William Lashner

FATHER'S DAY received a starred review from Library Journal, calling it "essential for fans of the genre."

"Gilman's debut keeps the tension strong while showing that Philadelphia isn't just about brotherly love." --Kirkus Reviews

"...a promising debut...Klein navigates a bleak and unforgiving Philadelphia with grim bravado..." ---Publishers Weekly
"Dark, gritty, and hauntingly lyrical. Keith Gilman writes noir with the authenticity of a cop
who has actually worked the mean streets."--Robin Burcell, award-winning author of Face of a Killer

“There’s so much genuine suspense in this book. So much wisdom and humanity.
Keith Gilman obviously knows these cold hard streets he’s writing about,
and he knows how to tell a hell of a story.”—Steve Hamilton

FATHER'S DAY is detective novel set in Philadelphia, about an ex-Philly cop asked to clear the name of his old friend and help find his missing daughter.

a word from the auther:
The second book in the series of detective novels I have planned for Minotaur Books is due out late in 2010

Even if you haven't read a book in twenty years, this one's worth a look. I hope my Brothers in Arms will come out and support me in this endeavor.

...And when they make the movie...well...Yippee-Ki-Yay, Mother F#%@' ers

please do visit me at my website www.keithgilman.com (http://www.keithgilman.com)