PDA

View Full Version : New Year

01-02-2010, 06:38 PM
It is a new year, new numbers, but nothing else has changed. What is the administration doing about funding for the deputies next October? New cars, no, step increases, no, any feedback from the front office about the next budget, no, but we get new uniforms, we get to look like the environmental group. The biggest flaw we have is that there is no flow of information from the top to the bottom unless it is negative in nature. Has anyone seen or heard from the Sheriff since he got reelected? Time continues on while Santa Rosa County remains stuck in whatever time warp it happened to get mired in.

Good luck to all during the New Year, stay safe, go home each and every shift.

01-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Have you gone and asked the Sheriff about any of your concerns? Can the Sheriff predict how our retarded CC's are going to screw us over this next budget year? Have you actually been issued the new uniforms? The answer to all of the above questions is NO. Go speak to the man. He may give you an answer you don't like, but you can say you took some sort of action. If you don't like it here, leave. Look at some of the other agency's that post on this forum. They don't seem to have it any better. Is it perfect here, not by a long shot. Do what you can to improve your situation, and those you work with. Let's not start this year trying to stir the pot. We have no way of knowing of what the future holds. All we can do is try and keep morale up and stop worrying about things we can't control.

01-03-2010, 03:28 PM
To add to the last post try using your electronic or written suggestion box to ask him questions. you can put your name or leave it blank if you wish. but you will get an answer. try it.

01-03-2010, 05:41 PM
I personally have put several sugestions in the sugestion box, and I have saw NO response on the SRCSO website. Good sugestion, but not effective.

Stay safe everyone.

01-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Gone to the Sheriff? Gone to the Sheriff? The man who is making 135 thousand a year and I'm supposed to go talk to him. You a total complete moron excusing the Sheriff from his basic responsibilities to his people. We should go up to his office, make a appointment, then ask him why he does not give a damn if he ever tells us anything? The last poster suggested the suggestion box, I have done a dozen and the only ones that get answered are the ones about the lunch room.

The reason he never, once again, that's never gives us any information is because he doesn't have to. The sheriff's office is small and it's deputies do not have a avenue to get our concerns out to the public. The CC's are just as bad and are of no help. Once again, stay safe and get home after each shift.

01-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Guest ,it sounds like you want to be unhappy. I bet that you will complain no matter what happens. If you get exactly what you want, you will say it didn't happen fast enough or you will find something else to complain about. As far as the Sheriff's salary, that is set by the state. He does not set his salary, so that should not be brought up. I would bet that you have not expressed your concerns to the Sheriff. My suggestion is that you go to the Sheriff with your concerns. I would also suggest that you bring some solutions to your problems. You can either be a part of the problem or part of the solution. The ball is in your court. Take action.

01-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Yah, go to the sheriff and have a target on your back. Go get a clue. If the sheriff cared about his people, he woudl communicate with them. He does not care about his people. My hope is that when he finally leaves the agency, he will be like Sheriff Brown, and not feel welcome when he returns to socialize. Hall deserves not to feel welcome back once he leaves.

01-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Once again you excuse the Sheriff from his responsibilities. Again you put nothing on him, it's all our problem, his inaction has nothing to do with it. I agree with the last poster, he should get off his butt and get proactive and let us know what's going on. You for some reason excuse him over and over again. You are either him or one of his upper ups. Get home safely every shift.

01-05-2010, 01:12 AM
I was told not to argue with idiots, because any onlookers could not tell which one was which. I leave you to stew in your self created misery.

01-06-2010, 06:48 PM
I can only pity you. You live in a world where the people in charge, with responsibilities, with the authority, the power, are to be gone to and you must grovel, request, ask, beg, for them to do their jobs. I can only shake my head, everyone stay safe and get home in one piece, every shift.