PDA

View Full Version : Hiring

01-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Hello,

I want to inquire if your department is currently hiring. I understand there are several opinions in regards to this department. However, I only wish to inquire about hiring and any other helpful information in this matter. Thank you for your assistance and stay safe.

01-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Hello,

I want to inquire if your department is currently hiring. I understand there are several opinions in regards to this department. However, I only wish to inquire about hiring and any other helpful information in this matter. Thank you for your assistance and stay safe.
I think so. Are you retired?

01-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Hello,

There is currently a hiring freeze, but it never hurts to turn in an app.

01-03-2010, 02:32 PM
I am not retired. I am looking to explore more options. Where can I pick up an application?

01-10-2010, 07:39 AM
I am not retired. I am looking to explore more options. Where can I pick up an application?
Call the chief. Mids are cold, this dept is going down hill. where is willy. Ami is gambling at mic., sorry willy we know.This is not good. :D

01-10-2010, 05:46 PM
The dept. is looking good, hiring more, spending more and promoting more. Good place to work.

01-12-2010, 05:55 PM
I just went to drop off an application w/the PD HR. I was told the dpt. was not currently hiring.

01-13-2010, 02:25 AM
I just went to drop off an application w/the PD HR. I was told the dpt. was not currently hiring.

Take a look around this forum and you'll learn a very valuable lesson ---Always ignore Guest 101's posts, he is always talking out of his donkey.

01-21-2010, 05:18 PM

Take a look around this forum and you'll learn a very valuable lesson ---Always ignore Guest 101's posts, he is always talking out of his donkey. No one ignores my post. Just a few brass who will be gone soon.

02-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Here's the MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION, why is this according to some higher ups the "best department in the World", what makes this department the, "The best department"? Um... is it the ridiculous turnover rate we have here? I would say that makes us #1 in some aspects. What makes us the best compared to other departments can someone please answer that one ?

02-02-2010, 02:52 AM
Here's the MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION, why is this according to some higher ups the "best department in the World", what makes this department the, "The best department"? Um... is it the ridiculous turnover rate we have here? I would say that makes us #1 in some aspects. What makes us the best compared to other departments can someone please answer that one ?

What is the turnover rate? How many people total have left in the past 5 months

02-02-2010, 03:12 PM
19Why are you asking what the turnover rate was in the last 5 months? What is there a specific reason for that ? Oh yeah, let me see in the last 5 Months we haven't had anyone leave on there own, they've just been been fired (Not Meaning that the firings weren't justified), but why don't we expand the turnover rate to the last year and a half (to our current regime), how many people did we hear about that were gonna travel the country or world, just to get hired by a different agency or who just didn't want to put up with some of the petty ness. It's also getting harder for officers to leave or move on (like we are told if we don't like this place)because some supervisors are just getting write up crazy ! Well, oh well, if you want people to stay don't try rule by fear and write ups, why don't you try being a little more sociable to the officers and stop saying how proud you are for what we do and start rewarding those that were faithful enough to stay some consideration instead getting hit every 5 seconds with negativity.

02-02-2010, 05:00 PM
The chief is trying to be better, he is not wanted. He still hires old retired guys and gives them rank. This really helps our morale. There is the old Lt. that can't walk from tampa he always tells us how good he is. Please keep him in tampa. Tampa Pd let him go for saying _and Will hired him. This is fact, google his name. Then there is the other guy from broward, the list goes on. I don't think there is hiring freeze we need more applicants.

02-02-2010, 10:51 PM
We are spending to much money. To much traveling. Unnecessary overtime in BC and Tampa. Alert--Tampa and brighton no sleeping on the midnight shift a visit is coming. I'll call you tonight.

02-03-2010, 03:04 AM
We are spending to much money. To much traveling. Unnecessary overtime in BC and Tampa. Alert--Tampa and brighton no sleeping on the midnight shift a visit is coming. I'll call you tonight.

All of you are full of it, Chief is the most scene sociable chief we ever had. How are lead by fear, im sorry that the people that were let go were not or did not meet our standards. The reason for the ot is obvious. Also with all the training, how can there not be overtime, If people would just step up to the plate, there would be no problems.The only deal is, people need to understand, road is the backbone of this place, not YandE not SCU not CID,

02-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Yeah, In some aspects you're right he is sociable, but he'll only talk on how great this department is, what a difference it's making in the community, and how great of a job he's doing. I mean unless you've been hiding under a rock for the last year over 75% of the department disgruntle in some form or another. The only ones that seem to be happy are the higher ups. We are told how much of difference we make to this organization, but does the organization help us in anyway ( I mean besides getting told that atleast we have jobs, or We can leave) If we are doing such an excellent job where are our incentives for doing a great job; we still have no pension, no rate increase, write ups are up by 99%, our fabulous 401k just got dropped by 1%, details suck now and are based on a two week schedule so the IRS has a field day with you , then if you don't do them you get forced to anyway, you can't take a day off because it conflicts with your OT, ect.... but when do the we start seeing some light at the end of the tunnel? Haven't we hit rock bottom already?

02-04-2010, 03:13 AM
Yeah, In some aspects you're right he is sociable, but he'll only talk on how great this department is, what a difference it's making in the community, and how great of a job he's doing. I mean unless you've been hiding under a rock for the last year over 75% of the department disgruntle in some form or another. The only ones that seem to be happy are the higher ups. We are told how much of difference we make to this organization, but does the organization help us in anyway ( I mean besides getting told that atleast we have jobs, or We can leave) If we are doing such an excellent job where are our incentives for doing a great job; we still have no pension, no rate increase, write ups are up by 99%, our fabulous 401k just got dropped by 1%, details suck now and are based on a two week schedule so the IRS has a field day with you , then if you don't do them you get forced to anyway, you can't take a day off because it conflicts with your OT, ect.... but when do the we start seeing some light at the end of the tunnel? Haven't we hit rock bottom already? You are right. This dept. is a mess. We need a new chief that will clean this place up. This site is one way we can communicate. Will has put fear in this dept. He tells us one thing and how good he is and all the brass he brought in. I also talked with some older officers at Hollywood PD. I want to get the details about a shooting he was involved in. To much money is spent unnecessary rank no need for outsiders. Other agencies are hiring real cops most of the dept will be leaving soon.

02-04-2010, 08:37 PM
[quote="Guest SMT":2tu91d6i]Yeah, In some aspects you're right he is sociable, but he'll only talk on how great this department is, what a difference it's making in the community, and how great of a job he's doing. I mean unless you've been hiding under a rock for the last year over 75% of the department disgruntle in some form or another. The only ones that seem to be happy are the higher ups. We are told how much of difference we make to this organization, but does the organization help us in anyway ( I mean besides getting told that atleast we have jobs, or We can leave) If we are doing such an excellent job where are our incentives for doing a great job; we still have no pension, no rate increase, write ups are up by 99%, our fabulous 401k just got dropped by 1%, details suck now and are based on a two week schedule so the IRS has a field day with you , then if you don't do them you get forced to anyway, you can't take a day off because it conflicts with your OT, ect.... but when do the we start seeing some light at the end of the tunnel? Haven't we hit rock bottom already? You are right. This dept. is a mess. We need a new chief that will clean this place up. This site is one way we can communicate. Will has put fear in this dept. He tells us one thing and how good he is and all the brass he brought in. Fact, He failed the psychological test several times with FHP I checked it out with some older officers. FHP HAS A RECORD OF HIS APPLICATION. He has no contact with reality. I also talked with some older officers at Hollywood PD. I want to get the details about a shooting he was involved in. To much money is spent unnecessary rank no need for outsiders. Other agencies are hiring real cops most of the dept will be leaving soon.[/quote:2tu91d6i]

As far as detail are concerned. If we didnt hire so many retirees who cant seem to do anything else with their pathetic excuse of a life, we wouldnt have a problem. But this is the officers, sgts and Lts fault. If they would push them to work instead of abusing the good fortunes of our dept. All they care about is themselves. We allow them to be lazy and useless If you pull up the numbers, all the retired slugs have the least amount of productivity, start holding their feet to the fire. If they dont conform, then start paper. God forbid, you make them work, then they threaten to quit. Let them Force them to do detail.s Give the jobs to the people who really need jobs, not to the ones who need to make thier boat payment. We have to concentrate on the now, not 2 years ago. Let the Idiots Get the Heck out of here Then Bring Our and your standars back Up. Never give up

02-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Hey Cap Zigar, quit posting here. This is for real officers, not 6 months on the road wannabes. You are one of the biggest problems in this department. Your tyranical tacticts are bringing morale down lower than a snake's a$$ on the ground. And now with your Yes Boy in BC you are in heaven.

02-04-2010, 11:26 PM
Hey Cap Zigar, quit posting here. This is for real officers, not 6 months on the road wannabes. You are one of the biggest problems in this department. Your tyranical tacticts are bringing morale down lower than a snake's a$$ on the ground. And now with your Yes Boy in BC you are in heaven.

YOU ARE THE BIGGEST PROBLEM YOU SLUG!!!!!!! YOU COULD BE LT. BUT WE NEED PEOPLE WHO HAVE COMMITMENT TO THE DEPARTMENT. SAME GOES FOR 'THAT DWARF' BUNCH OF LAZY COMPLAINING PEOPLE. 'PEOPLE WHO COMPLAIN THAT THEY HAVE TO WORK NIGHTS, THAT IS WHAT IS BAD FOR MORALE

02-05-2010, 12:38 AM
Like I originally said all I want to know if the dept. is hiring. I don’t care about all the negative stuff. All departments have there slugs, there tyrant administrators. All I am asking is for help in getting on with a new department. All I asked if for a brother to help out another brother.

02-05-2010, 02:10 AM
Like I originally said all I want to know if the dept. is hiring. I don’t care about all the negative stuff. All departments have there slugs, there tyrant administrators. All I am asking is for help in getting on with a new department. All I asked if for a brother to help out another brother.

Why dont you try this, call the dept and ask, you could have done that your first post