PDA

View Full Version : I want to be DEP

12-22-2009, 07:25 PM
I would like to know if there would be a chance to get hired and work in the southeast. I gave been wanting to work for DEP for a long time. Is the process long? Are you hiring? thanks for any info. I am cirtified.

12-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Check the vacancies: http://www.dep.state.fl.us/law

12-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Check the vacancies: http://www.dep.state.fl.us/law

This is correct, dont try to find the positions on people first sytem, the above link is best.

12-28-2009, 01:17 PM
thanks for the link. The closest vacancy is just over 30 miles from where I live. Is there a within 30 miles requirement for the take home car? or to work within 30 miles of the assigned area?

01-06-2010, 05:22 PM
You have to be within 30 "air miles" of your assigned area. This is not road miles so you may want to check and see how close you are with a map by using a compass.

Good luck

01-06-2010, 11:02 PM
using a compass.

Good luck

A compass tells you what way is north.....you DEP guys are rocket scientists.

01-06-2010, 11:24 PM
using a compass.

Good luck

Dear rocket scientist,

According to Webster's a compass is also "an instrument consisting of two pointed legsconnected at one end by a pivot, used for drawing arcs or circles and taking measurements. Go back to your own board you idiot!

01-10-2010, 05:24 PM
using a compass.

Good luck

He probably thought you meant "The Golden Compass", as he is probably living in a fantasy world...

01-12-2010, 12:01 AM
using a compass.

Good luck

Dear rocket scientist,

According to Webster's a compass is also "an instrument consisting of two pointed legsconnected at one end by a pivot, used for drawing arcs or circles and taking measurements. Go back to your own board you idiot!

Get back in that park, make sure those two guys who just met anonymously in the restroom area aren't acting lewd - you park patroller.

01-13-2010, 05:22 AM
i thought dep was merging with fwc this year...??

01-14-2010, 08:35 PM
i thought dep was merging with fwc this year...??

I thought DEP, FWC and AG. Law were merging this year? It would be a great cost savings for the state....oops sorry I forgot that if they merged all of the brass would loose their cushy salaries. 10-66 the merger.... :x