PDA

View Full Version : Why oh Why oh Why

12-20-2009, 03:47 AM
Well, oce again, the SPD continues to baffle the mind. Short on staffing, and tons of certified qualified people in the area looking for work. So what do we do? Of course, hire 2 females that start the academy in January?? So, 6 month academy takes us to June, provided they pass, 2 weeks city school, 3.5 month field training. Provided they pass, 2 more bodies on the street by Oct or Nov.

So, why oh why, would we hire a certified person, who could start tomorrow. Inquiring minds wanna know.

12-21-2009, 03:49 AM
Diversification. City Manager wants more minorities and women, thus you get more minorities and women regardless of the cost to the Department. Sorry if your a certified white male with prior experience: LOOK ELSEWHERE. Why would you want to come to SPD anyways? Bust'n your spine to get a cold shoulder from the terrified administration and a kick in the junk from City Manager and his Flock 'O Cronies every week. Back to the days of "No work, no problems." If I hear the Chief tell us to "Make a Friend" one more time I'm gonna puke, and by the way I do remember what I had for lunch last Thursday and I don't like starfish so I'm not throwing one, let alone a thousand, back in the water no matter how much they want me to. Screw the starfish, they're loitering on the beach! When do they plan on implimenting "Hug a Bum Mondays" "Read to a Drunk Wednesdays" "Take dope dealer home Fridays"? All the while Lt.s are busy selling their people out to get in good with the C.O.P. trying to get some shiney new bars on thier uni's. Hope those Captain bars help fill the void where yours souls used to be. Makes for a long shift.........

12-22-2009, 04:23 AM
By not filling these positions with available qualified applicants the administration is committing blatant discriminition and jeapordizing officer safety, jeapordizing community safety by leaving positions vacant.

12-24-2009, 02:03 PM
It's only discrimination when the favor is applied in a certain direction, to a certain group of individuals. In this particular case it cannot be discrimination because women and minorities are the BENEFICIARIES of the decisions that are being made. If it was the other way around, the shoe was on the other foot as it were, then you would be correct it would be a horrible case of discrimination. Actually it might make my head explode it is so obviously a case of discrimination, but things being what they are, and that not being the case, I get a warm fuzzy feeling that we will being filling our ranks with political appointees in about a year, if they can pass the academy. Why pick qualified personnel? Maybe they are qualified, who knows, but we need people NOW not in a year. But making decisions that help the people that actually work at the PD runs counter to the SPD mottos: "If it ain't broke, try to fix it anyways", and "If it makes sence then it's not for SPD."

Just get yo check and shut yo mouth, SPD' gonna be like the Block soon: everybody will just mill around doing nothing until the first and last Friday of every month then it will be time to pick up your checks from "The Man"..... :roll:

12-25-2009, 03:21 AM
No such thing as discrimination towards a white male. It cant happen, so if your a white male, sux 2 be you, and me :cry: