PDA

View Full Version : Free Loaders

12-17-2009, 03:08 PM
On Monday night, (12/14/2009), five Metro cops in plainclothes visited our LongHorn Steakhouse Restaurant in Homestead. I guess the word is out among your rank and file that you guys get a discount here. After getting a good meal, along with good service at a great discount, the very least you guys can do is tip the staff the fair amount. That means tipping for the full price of your meal, not your discount price!

Also, while I'm on a rant here, we know you guys are cops already. We can tell by: the way you look, the way you dress, the way you act, the way you talk, and the way you tip!

So please, forgo the whole charade of pulling your badges out from underneath your Tshirts, hiking your shirttails up over your guns to reveal them, and placing those annoying blaring radios on the table as a centerpiece. We can take a hint, we get it, your tightwad cops looking for a break on your meal.

Here is a riddle: When is a plainclothes/undercover cop not a plainclothes/undercover cop?

Answer: When he's trying to get a free meal!

12-17-2009, 04:06 PM
On Monday night, (12/14/2009), five Metro cops in plainclothes visited our LongHorn Steakhouse Restaurant in Homestead. I guess the word is out among your rank and file that you guys get a discount here. After getting a good meal, along with good service at a great discount, the very least you guys can do is tip the staff the fair amount. That means tipping for the full price of your meal, not your discount price!

Also, while I'm on a rant here, we know you guys are cops already. We can tell by: the way you look, the way you dress, the way you act, the way you talk, and the way you tip!

So please, forgo the whole charade of pulling your badges out from underneath your Tshirts, hiking your shirttails up over your guns to reveal them, and placing those annoying blaring radios on the table as a centerpiece. We can take a hint, we get it, your tightwad cops looking for a break on your meal.

Here is a riddle: When is a plainclothes/undercover cop not a plainclothes/undercover cop?

Answer: When he's trying to get a free meal!

Hilarious! :devil:

12-18-2009, 12:44 AM
Here's a real easy solution from a 33 year street cop: don't give discounts! MDPD officers including myself make enough money to pay for our meals.

12-18-2009, 03:25 AM
Longhorn gives 0.5?

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12-18-2009, 06:15 AM
Longhorn gives 0.5?

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im in rout

12-18-2009, 08:39 PM
It's "enroute" sharp one.

12-18-2009, 11:49 PM

^LOL!

so? did anyone go??? LOL!
that waiter is just jealous he can't be a PO-PO!!!!!!! pobrecito! :(

12-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Here is another way you can peg a cop. The morons can't spell!
Also, I don't think the guy/gal is jealous, just fed up with cheap a*s cops.
Or "PO PO's" as the idiot above referred to them.

12-19-2009, 02:34 PM

is this the waitress posting on the forum again? LMAO.
go get me a refill!

12-19-2009, 08:52 PM
Man, I can totally sympathize with the Longhorn staff on this one. We embarrass ourselves way too much when it comes to this sort of behavior. I drove up to Arbetter's Hot Dogs on my day off. I went in and paid for my lunch, full boat, like every other hard working stiff. Seated inside were three detectives with their badges and guns pulled out, which was totally unnecessary. Most likely they were enjoying a free dog or two.
But wait, it gets better. Just before I left another off duty cop, who I sorta know, arrives in his personal vehicle, a Dodge pickup. He hops down out of it, onto his walking cast. He was on light duty or out on ISC! He pulls his badge out over his Contender Boat shirt and hops in to take advantage of the .5 And then he gets it to go! Come on guys, this is too much. I know it is the few who make the rest of us look like clowns.

12-20-2009, 04:14 AM

is this the waitress posting on the forum again? LMAO.
go get me a refill!

Nope I'm with the County. I guess there is one thing your FTO never taught you.
Do'nt ever piss off the waiter or waitress. Idiot.

12-24-2009, 01:47 PM
C'mon guys give it a rest. On Tuesday evening 12/22/2009 a Metro cop came in with who appeared to be his son for dinner. Pulled the old "Display the gun and badge" routine for a discounted meal. We don't even think he was working. Little guy with a shaved bald head and a little soul patch under the lower lip, dressed all in black with a gray sportcoat. (We took his picture and we're thinking about posting a Wall of Shame here on this site.) Please have some pride, especially when your with your family.

12-25-2009, 05:20 PM
you are full of shat!!!!!!!!!!!

you probably couldn't make it as a cop...or even get hired....so STFU already!

and this is against YOU! not all waiters and/or people who work @ LONGHORN!

loser.

12-25-2009, 11:34 PM
stupid friggen cops......
i like the wall of shame idea.

12-30-2009, 06:04 AM
you are full of shat!!!!!!!!!!!

you probably couldn't make it as a cop...or even get hired....so STFU already!

and this is against YOU! not all waiters and/or people who work @ LONGHORN!

loser.
Cops know more ways to skin a cat than anyone........that's true.

We also know of more ways to screw ourselves........that's true too.

It is the few who are making the rest of us look bad on this one issue. We all know of, or work with some clown(s) who abuse the point five privilege. I too have witnessed the abuse mentioned by the Longhorn staff only at another restaurant. Narcotics detectives once dragged me along to the Big Pink over on Miami Beach after they had just completed a buy/walk. They wanted me to go along with them in uniform so they would be assured of getting their .5
Now I know I'm not a "Detective", but don't you think it's kinda stupid to go have a meal with a uniform guy, plus pull out your badge and gun, mere blocks from where you just bought meth? I'm not kidding. The whole squad, Sgt. the UC, (they did'nt use a CI), everyone. No wonder waiters are getting fed up with us. And then to have some punk rookie come on here and piss of the waiter for venting! Come on! Your the loser pal!

12-31-2009, 12:02 AM
the waiter is probably a meth head!

12-31-2009, 10:44 PM
the waiter is probably a meth head!

EXACTLY! That's the point. Maybe, just maybe, your waiter or waitress is a meth head. Someone who you might arrest, or have arrested. Now you go and sit in their restaurant with your badge and gun pulled out for all the world to see. Guess what, that waiter, or busboy, or cook, is going to get even with your cheap azz.

01-02-2010, 02:58 AM
still a meth head! and i got my 0.5! :devil:

point is....if you give discounts...why complain?????
if you don't.....cops will still eat there... especially fat ones!

01-02-2010, 08:43 AM
still a meth head! and i got my 0.5! :devil:

point is....if you give discounts...why complain?????
if you don't.....cops will still eat there... especially fat ones!

No, the point is you get your 0.5 and spit on the side. (or worse)

01-06-2010, 04:12 AM

^LOL!

so? did anyone go??? LOL!
that waiter is just jealous he can't be a PO-PO!!!!!!! pobrecito! :(

The fact that you maybe a cop, scares me.

Copout
01-07-2010, 03:49 PM
This sort of behavior has always irritated me. When I was a rookie, my FTO in kendall went to Mcdonalds 3 times a day. Once for Breakfast, then lunch, then coffee before 06 time. A most embarrasing, and fattening 4 weeks. I once worked an off-duty job at a church carnival with anoher FTO. We went to a stand to get a coke. They were charging $2 per drink - a tad steep in those days, but it was a fund raiser, after all. As I reached into my pocket for cash, the FTO put her hand on my arm to stop me, and then complained to the young girl behind the counter, chiding her for charging us. I paid for both; the FTO didn't speak to me for the rest of the day. She told me that I embarrassed her. I told her that we were now even.

When I worked DB, I watched guys don those brown wind-breakers that say "POLICE" on the back in 90 degree heat, just to get a break at a restaurant. They referred to them as "Dinner Jackets" I could go on and on.

Having said all of this, I will admit to having my share of .5 meals in my day. Sometimes it's hard to avoid, but I always tip well - usually the remaining 50% +. But that's me.