PDA

View Full Version : FOP

12-04-2009, 11:10 PM
I know that I am putting a target on myself by all the anonymous, coward negative bloggers on this site, but I only reach a small portion of the members of our department at our FOP meetings and I wanted to express my disgust at the comments being left on this site. Although I hope many of this comments are being posted by non department members, I am concerned that many of them are from our own. I hope that everyone knows that they can contact me with issues and if they are valid I will address them with our administration. Posting rumors and gossip does none of us any good, and only adds to the negative perceptions that the public has of us. What has really started to bother me is that the public has apparently started paying attention to this site and believes much of the BS that is being written. To them I say do not believe much of what is being written. The men and women of this department dedicate their lives to this community and truly care about the residents of Cape Coral and protect you from evil 24/7.

The FOP is not supporting laziness, we are supporting fairness towards the public.

As FOP President I am extremely proud of the men and women of this department, and I will continue to fight for us. Remember that we are brothers and sisters, and we are a family no matter what is anonymously said about us; we stand proudly together as one. The recent murders of our brothers in Washington should be a reminder that we are all that we have, we must support each other, and I guess my point is just be safe out there.

12-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Downtown is being killed by this.
Mr.Grau please help us!

12-06-2009, 10:29 PM
This is a leadership problem. Cops are under enough stress without having to worry about losing discretion. Good for you for posting.

12-08-2009, 05:07 PM
http://current.com/items/89459966_polic ... ld-com.htm (http://current.com/items/89459966_police-arrest-quotas-fort-lauderdale-police-officer-sues-over-alleged-quotas-miamiherald-com.htm)

Try this link brothers. A good lawsuit will stop this.

12-09-2009, 05:17 AM
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/broward/story/1264387.html

This case was unfounded by the department and state attorney's office. It's still open in the city's professional standards division. The complaint resulted in stopping the practice. The scavenger hunt part is the best - unbelievable.

It still probably cost the city a pretty penny so won or not, the practice of forcing quotas on officers is a liability - not something the City of Cape Coral will want to deal with. These supervisors want to show that they are so great by pushing arrests and they are going to end up getting cut altogether. Dumba#^es.

12-09-2009, 11:14 AM
the practice of forcing quotas on officers is a liability - not something the City of Cape Coral will want to deal with. These supervisors want to show that they are so great by pushing arrests and they are going to end up getting cut altogether. Dumba#^es.

Better tell that to day shift Sergeants who don't accept "goose eggs in any columns" of the monthly stats. Thanks for posting the news paper link now I know which attorney to call after I go to the News-Press.

12-09-2009, 05:34 PM
And here I thought my opinion of the Cape Cops couldn't get any lower, Silly me!

The new mayor needs to stop worrying about the local restaurants. He needs to start worrying about the local cops who are driving everyone away from the Cape with their corruption and heavy handed enforcement. Fix that and the restaurants will take care of themselves.

12-10-2009, 01:59 AM
This posting initially started about Cape cops who care enough to complain about unethical practices. At least someone is trying to do the right thing - has to start somewhere.

12-10-2009, 01:22 PM
This posting initially started about Cape cops who care enough to complain about unethical practices. At least someone is trying to do the right thing - has to start somewhere.

Your right it was intended to let the public there is a select few citizens and employees who of course are cry babies. Typical people that have no clue and complain to make themselves feel good. Watch these posts for the next month. The complainers will post more and more complaints because they are the ones who are home alone with no friends and take it out on others and the police. They are the lonely people who live in misery because the holidays are upon then again. Take it out on the police because they are suppose to be paid to take the abuse, right.

12-10-2009, 05:42 PM

Your right it was intended to let the public there is a select few citizens and employees who of course are cry babies. Typical people that have no clue and complain to make themselves feel good. Watch these posts for the next month. The complainers will post more and more complaints because they are the ones who are home alone with no friends and take it out on others and the police. They are the lonely people who live in misery because the holidays are upon then again. Take it out on the police because they are suppose to be paid to take the abuse, right.

Are you complaining about complainers?

12-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Somebody hand this guy a mirror.

12-11-2009, 03:43 AM
I know that I am putting a target on myself by all the anonymous, coward negative bloggers on this site, but I only reach a small portion of the members of our department at our FOP meetings and I wanted to express my disgust at the comments being left on this site. Although I hope many of this comments are being posted by non department members, I am concerned that many of them are from our own. I hope that everyone knows that they can contact me with issues and if they are valid I will address them with our administration. Posting rumors and gossip does none of us any good, and only adds to the negative perceptions that the public has of us. What has really started to bother me is that the public has apparently started paying attention to this site and believes much of the BS that is being written. To them I say do not believe much of what is being written. The men and women of this department dedicate their lives to this community and truly care about the residents of Cape Coral and protect you from evil 24/7.

The reason that I am posting today is because it has been brought to my attention that individual supervisors have self-initiated "quotas" or stats and have been threatening discipline if they are not met. I have contacted our FOP attorney and have been advised that case law prohibits this practice. If anyone is disciplined or threatened with removal from a specialty unit or dismissal from SWAT where money is affected you need to get with me within 10-days so that we can fight this practice. The FOP's opinion is that an officer should have discretion and should not be forced into writing tickets or making arrests if they do not feel it is legally necessary or warranted. Much of what I have heard is that our discretion has been taken away from us due to this practice. The FOP believes that much of the negative opinion towards us are a direct result of this practice. The FOP is not supporting laziness, we are supporting fairness towards the public.

As FOP President I am extremely proud of the men and women of this department, and I will continue to fight for us. Remember that we are brothers and sisters, and we are a family no matter what is anonymously said about us; we stand proudly together as one. The recent murders of our brothers in Washington should be a reminder that we are all that we have, we must support each other, and I guess my point is just be safe out there.

Brother the only people you should worry about for being a target by posting this is the administration. They know certain shifts have set quotas (aka minimum standards, "2 - 5 contacts" or comments "hey your numbers are low compared to last month). Command staff on a regular basis comments to line supervisors that "this" shift is not doing as much as "that" shift. They use the old "Let's compare north Charlie to Delta, or Central Bravo to Alpha or South Delta to Charlie" and see who is or is not "productive".

Ronnie D. and others have received written notice along with a plan to improve his numbers. So they can't deny they haven't done this. What ever they call it, it is still a quota, which is still illegal and if they deny it, then those who have been victimized by this need to come forward and are protected by the whistle blower rule.

The admin will have someone comment on here trying to justify it for one reason or another and they'll call it something nice and politically correct, but remember it's still a QUOTA .

How many motorcycle officers or traffic personnel have been told their numbers are low from month to month. Again doesn't matter what you call it, it's still a quota.

Heck it's Christmas, help Joe Plumber and his wife this season and don't write any tickets this month and see how the admin reacts then. Write em warnings or give em verbal warnings and then say Merry Christmas.

They don't have a leg to stand on.

Let's look at the case load and case closures by detectives. Who's been threatened or told hey your closures are just not there you need to pick it up or else. Then who has had little to no case assigned and statused out cases and then moved to VIN, Property Crimes, Financial Crimes and then the S.A.O.? No discipline there but someone else try it and look out.

Be safe and have a Merry Christmas.

12-11-2009, 04:12 AM
Well said. Other agencies throughout the nation have these same issues. Watch for the term "performance standards." That seems to be the phrase admins love to use to determine merit. Like so accurately stated in the previous posting "they're still quotas."

FHP issues:
http://blog.motorists.org/florida-highway-patrol-ticket-quota/

Sarasota on LEOAffairs:
http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=91320

More about quotas:
http://piratenews-tv.blogspot.com/2009/08/florida-state-troopers-say-all-cops-are.html

Florida State Law forbids quotas. According to the 2003 Legislative session, Title XXIII Motor Vehicles 316.640:

"An agency of the state as described in subparagraph 1. is prohibited from establishing a traffic citation quota."

12-11-2009, 02:08 PM
"self-initiated "quotas" or stats and have been threatening discipline if they are not met. " Well Mr. President, let me get this correct. If I am one of these guys and I come to you, you got my back? I ask ask only cus I am hearing different from my sgt who is on your board.

12-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Just wait it's going to hit the fan around here. FDLE needs to come in and take over this place ASAP

12-13-2009, 09:54 AM
The reason that I am posting today is because it has been brought to my attention that individual supervisors have self-initiated "quotas" or stats and have been threatening discipline if they are not met. I have contacted our FOP attorney and have been advised that case law prohibits this practice. If anyone is disciplined or threatened with removal from a specialty unit or dismissal from SWAT where money is affected you need to get with me within 10-days so that we can fight this practice. The FOP's opinion is that an officer should have discretion and should not be forced into writing tickets or making arrests if they do not feel it is legally necessary or warranted. Much of what I have heard is that our discretion has been taken away from us due to this practice. The FOP believes that much of the negative opinion towards us are a direct result of this practice. The FOP is not supporting laziness, we are supporting fairness towards the public.

Surprised the admin hasn't tried to have this removed yet. Thanks for have the gonads to stick up for us Kurt and speak the truth, we are proud of you. You've got my vote next election!!!

12-14-2009, 02:59 PM
I agree, there should not be quotas. On the other hand, I have also been around here long enough to know that most cops WANT to work and use their own discretion very well. They give the old lady a speeding break and send her on her way. The problem really comes into play when you have a few lazy cops (Ron is a great example) who really just want to hang out, get free or discounted food and play police officer all day long. Rather than blindly coddle the select few who sit on their asses and collect a paycheck out of brotherhood loyalty - how about telling them to at least try to earn their paycheck. B.C at least generates activity and usually tries while at work. Shouldn't the public, our administration and our own FOP be concerned with the cop that loafs around all day on duty with nothing to show for his paycheck? Considering the large number of employees, the maybe 5 or 6 guys getting pressure to "do something," says a lot for the rest of us who are actually working somewhere in the middle. The FOP should be sure to temper it's stance on productivity with the the message that loafing should also not be supported.

12-14-2009, 03:56 PM
I agree, there should not be quotas. On the other hand, I have also been around here long enough to know that most cops WANT to work and use their own discretion very well. They give the old lady a speeding break and send her on her way. The problem really comes into play when you have a few lazy cops (Ron is a great example) who really just want to hang out, get free or discounted food and play police officer all day long. Rather than blindly coddle the select few who sit on their asses and collect a paycheck out of brotherhood loyalty - how about telling them to at least try to earn their paycheck. B.C at least generates activity and usually tries while at work. Shouldn't the public, our administration and our own FOP be concerned with the cop that loafs around all day on duty with nothing to show for his paycheck? Considering the large number of employees, the maybe 5 or 6 guys getting pressure to "do something," says a lot for the rest of us who are actually working somewhere in the middle. The FOP should be sure to temper it's stance on productivity with the the message that loafing should also not be supported.

Ron who? you have alot of nerve to out other peoples names on here and not post yours. I bet your stats are flatlined. Stay off this site and get a hobby on your days off. Show up to the meetings and voice your opinion there idiot!

12-14-2009, 09:43 PM
As I stated in my original post the FOP is not condoning or pushing for laziness by our officers. The reason for the post was because I had received numerous complaints concerning unequal treatment of members. The issue I raised was addressed with the administration and is currently being discussed.

To the skeptic FOP anonymous member I believe you answered your own question. If one of the Sergeants on the FOP board had to tell you your activity needed to be picked up; I guarantee it was deserved.

12-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Vote for Kurt for a 10 year term.

12-15-2009, 01:12 AM
As I stated in my original post the FOP is not condoning or pushing for laziness by our officers. The reason for the post was because I had received numerous complaints concerning unequal treatment of members. The issue I raised was addressed with the administration and is currently being discussed.

To the skeptic FOP anonymous member I believe you answered your own question. If one of the Sergeants on the FOP board had to tell you your activity needed to be picked up; I guarantee it was deserved.

Kurt you said it best when you said:
"The reason that I am posting today is because it has been brought to my attention that individual supervisors have self-initiated "quotas" or stats and have been threatening discipline if they are not met. I have contacted our FOP attorney and have been advised that case law prohibits this practice. If anyone is disciplined or threatened with removal from a specialty unit or dismissal from SWAT where money is affected you need to get with me within 10-days so that we can fight this practice. The FOP's opinion is that an officer should have discretion and should not be forced into writing tickets or making arrests if they do not feel it is legally necessary or warranted. Much of what I have heard is that our discretion has been taken away from us due to this practice. The FOP believes that much of the negative opinion towards us are a direct result of this practice. The FOP is not supporting laziness, we are supporting fairness towards the public.

As FOP President I am extremely proud of the men and women of this department, and I will continue to fight for us. Remember that we are brothers and sisters, and we are a family no matter what is anonymously said about us; we stand proudly together as one. The recent murders of our brothers in Washington should be a reminder that we are all that we have, we must support each other, and I guess my point is just be safe out there."

Don't be baffled by the bullshitzu. We all know where your heart is and we stand behind you because you continue to stand up for what is right and fair, not just for one, not just for one of the boys, but for all of us, no matter who we are or what division we work.

Continue on the right path, continue not to sell out, continue to fight the good fight, continue to be true to yourself and all will fall into place. That FOP skeptic probably doesn't realize the time, effort, pain in the ass and family sacrifices made by being on the board.

Keep up the good work and you'll last longer as president than the fat man's been the number 2 man.

WE all believe in you and will stand by your side, arm and arm.

12-22-2009, 10:10 PM

What happened to the supervisor who did this? What was his discipline? If he's violating the law did something get put in his file?

If he's threatening to remove people from specialty units because they're not living up to his illegal quota standards, what is the administration doing to him?

Just thinking out loud. Someone who is violating the law and threatening discipline for the lack of performance should face some discipline also.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. And Kurt thanks for sticking up for us. Heard you were there for the guys the other night also, we really appreciate your sacrificing your time away from your family.

12-27-2009, 07:42 PM
After my initial comments on this site I have met with the Chiefs and Captain concerning this issue. Much of what I had been told appeared to have been rumors or miscommunication amongst specific units. The individuals that were counseled reference to their stats had very low activity for 2 months, and these issues were addressed. As I have said several times if you are not generating any activity, expect to be disciplined. I have been assured that the department is not utilizing a quota or rewards system specifically tied to tickets or arrests. If anyone has any issues please contact me directly or come to the FOP meeting (1st Monday every month) so that we avoid any miscommunication in the future. I sincerely believe that we all share the common goal to keep the residents of Cape Coral safe and to put criminals behind bars.

The actions of our officers a week ago taking down 4 armed, violent criminals that were determined not to go back to jail only confirms that we are among the elite in law enforcement. I also want to praise the manner in which our command staff treated the officers involved. Many agencies do not treat officers involved in shootings in this manner, and hopefully this helps those involved get through this extremely stressful incident a little easier.

Continue to be safe.

12-27-2009, 11:34 PM
After my initial comments on this site I have met with the Chiefs and Captain concerning this issue. Much of what I had been told appeared to have been rumors or miscommunication amongst specific units. The individuals that were counseled reference to their stats had very low activity for 2 months, and these issues were addressed. As I have said several times if you are not generating any activity, expect to be disciplined. I have been assured that the department is not utilizing a quota or rewards system specifically tied to tickets or arrests. If anyone has any issues please contact me directly or come to the FOP meeting (1st Monday every month) so that we avoid any miscommunication in the future. I sincerely believe that we all share the common goal to keep the residents of Cape Coral safe and to put criminals behind bars.

The actions of our officers a week ago taking down 4 armed, violent criminals that were determined not to go back to jail only confirms that we are among the elite in law enforcement. I also want to praise the manner in which our command staff treated the officers involved. Many agencies do not treat officers involved in shootings in this manner, and hopefully this helps those involved get through this extremely stressful incident a little easier.

Continue to be safe.

Yes the best thing you can do to help your career is go to the FOP meetings. We have other battles with the city coming up and you need to know what is going on and to stand up for youself. The fight in not with the brass they have been in our shoes. The city is going to start to look for cuts again
GO TO THE MEETING NEW OFFICERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12-28-2009, 03:28 PM
What happened to the supervisor who did this? What was his discipline? If he's violating the law did something get put in his file?

If he's threatening to remove people from specialty units because they're not living up to his illegal quota standards, what is the administration doing to him?

Just thinking out loud. Someone who is violating the law and threatening discipline for the lack of performance should face some discipline also.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. And Kurt thanks for sticking up for us. Heard you were there for the guys the other night also, we really appreciate your sacrificing your time away from your family.

Any word yet on who the supervisor is and what happened to him or is this one of those things which will get swept under the carpet because of who he/she is? Curious Minds want to know.

12-31-2009, 01:30 PM
No word yet on who it is? Mums the word?

Any word yet on who the supervisor is and what happened to him or is this one of those things which will get swept under the carpet because of who he/she is? Curious Minds want to know.

01-02-2010, 01:11 AM
Ask you FOP Pres. He knows this never happened.

01-02-2010, 07:55 PM
I want to have Kurts love child!

01-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Kurt went out on his own for this post and he knew what he might possibly be up against. If you want to post an antagonistic reponse at least have the nerve to post your name or ID #. Better yet show up at a meeting. First Monday of every month, no cost to you and free food.

01-03-2010, 01:29 AM
P MC D,

That's the pot calling the kettle black. Always had a negative comment about everyone behind the scenes. Be safe brother and enjoy the retirement.

Kurt went out on his own for this post and he knew what he might possibly be up against. If you want to post an antagonistic reponse at least have the nerve to post your name or ID #. Better yet show up at a meeting. First Monday of every month, no cost to you and free food.

01-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Whatever - at least he put his name on here. Showing up to FOP meetings is a good thing. Nobody else is going to do it for you. You think the admin will give a crap when lower units get cut? Hell no. They'll be worried about saving their own at the top. Show up to meetings and stick together or you get what you get.

01-06-2010, 02:58 PM

I believe he's the one who is pictured in the calendar with the green Ford parked infront of the Sallyport after he e-mailed everyone else not to. Anybody got any details they can give him? He's still restoring it.

01-06-2010, 08:43 PM
What he should really be worried about is why his sidekick failed to order motorcycles for the traffic unit. Motorcycles units generate money and Mustang man does not seem to care about his buddy failing to do his job. Oh thats right sidekick was to busy working out and drinking milk for his calendar debut. The calendar took precedence over the motorcycles.

01-06-2010, 10:45 PM
What he should really be worried about is why his sidekick failed to order motorcycles for the traffic unit. Motorcycles units generate money and Mustang man does not seem to care about his buddy failing to do his job. Oh thats right sidekick was to busy working out and drinking milk for his calendar debut. The calendar took precedence over the motorcycles.

Not worried about him getting disciplined. Why would he get disciplined didn't he try to dismantle the motor unit? Isn't he just there for the schedule? When was the last time he took out a motor himself?

Besides if your friends (or have the "upmost respect") you can do anything and "probably get into trouble", including violating rules about e-mails, as long as you hang up your PDN in pride on the outside of your file cabinet. How come he didn't have to keep his PDN where everyone else does? What a disrespectful slap in the face to his friend.

Remember:

Sent: Fri 4/24/2009 7:14 PM
To: Kurt Graf; LEO
Subject: RE: Vacation

Denied, get you ass back to work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:30 PM
To: LEO
Subject: Vacation

I will be on vacation from Thursday, April 23, 2009 to Monday, April 27, 2009. During my absence please contact A/Captain McConnell for Special Operation needs and Captain Torregrossa for SWAT issues.

Thank you,

NO, I'll probably get in trouble for it. I hit the reply all instead of reply. I'm actually more embarassed about the mispelled word. I meant "get your ass back to work" And yes, Captain Graf and I can joke around because he knows he has my utmost respect.

Eric

01-10-2010, 01:52 AM

Kurt,

Thanks again for standing behind and sticking up for Curt S. You're the best. We stand behind you and everything you wrote in your original posting.

Thanks for having the gonads and doing the right thing each time.

U da man!!

01-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks Mom for the last comment :D

I am passing this along so as not to use the city e-mail. I have been asked by some of the captains to be allowed to speak at the Feb. FOP meeting concerning any issues that the membership wishes to address away from work. I believe that this would be an excellent way to share information and ideas that can better the department. We will start the meeting early at 6 PM. Please pass this around. If you don't feel comfortable bringing an issue (not a rumor) get with me ahead of time and I will address it for you.

02-17-2010, 05:12 PM
I found this on MSN
Kurt dont let the city cry the blues.

Everyone has a different idea of what's a good or bad salary. Some people are happy just to make ends meet. Others won't settle for less than six figures. A lot of factors go into what makes a salary seem reasonable.

Therefore you can't really classify any single salary as high or low without bringing in your own bias. That said, sometimes salaries just don't seem large enough. We put together a list of 10 jobs that have salaries we thought would be bigger. Don't mistake these jobs for having salaries that are impossible to live on; instead, these are salaries that seem too low for the amount of work, time or risk they involve.

Here are 10 jobs we thought would pay more:

1. Court reporters transcribe arguments during trials, mediations and other legal proceedings.
What they earn: $48,968/year
Why it's surprising: Legal matters are important, and having an accurate record of what occurs is vital to almost any proceeding. Court reporters have to be attentive, speedy and accurate. That's not easy.

2. Dry cleaners get those stubborn stains out of our clothing when at-home scrubbing just won't do. Plus, they press our work clothes and formal attire so we look presentable in public and not like we're wearing wrinkled tissue paper.
What they earn: $22,641/year
Why it's surprising: Have you seen how much laundry your average dry cleaner is dealing with? Not to mention the fact that most people take their garments at the last minute, so the turnaround is usually very quick.

3. Maids and housekeeping cleaners are responsible for cleaning up the messes we make at hotels and homes. They empty the trash, replace the linens and do other chores that make homes and workplaces livable.
What they earn: $23,922/year
Why it's surprising: It's common knowledge that maids and housekeepers don't earn as much as other occupations, but we'd probably expect someone whose job involves so much labor to be paid more.

4. Middle school teachers instruct children in grades six through eight. They sometimes specialize in one course, but often teach several.
Salary: $50,963/year
Why it's surprising: Have you spent any time with an adolescent or teenager lately? Could you handle being trapped in a room with dozens of them, much less trying to keep them focused so you can teach them? A Nobel Peace Prize should be included in their compensation. Not to mention the amount of education most teachers are required to have, and they are usually required to take development courses every few years.

5. Paramedics respond to emergencies and provide medical care on-site. They also transport patients to health-care facilities if necessary.
What they earn: $46,184/year
Why it's surprising: Although putting a price on saving a life seems impossible, you would expect a paramedic's salary to be a bit higher.

6. Police officers protect citizens from criminals and help enforce laws that keep us safe.
What they earn: $53,428/year
Why it's surprising: Their lives are on the line and they never know what they're getting into. It's hard to imagine many jobs that deserve better pay.

7. Rehabilitation counselors work with patients to treat disabilities, which can range from social to physical ailments. They work closely with the patients' other health-care specialists to ensure they're making progress.
What they earn: $27,617/year
Why it's surprising: Rehabilitation workers are dealing with important issues that affect patients' lives in a significant way and often have irregular work hours.

8. Security guards keep watch over businesses, merchandise and buildings. They make sure no one steals items or breaks into closed offices.
What they earn: $33,195/year
Why it's surprising: Security guards have to be on the lookout at all times, and may be standing for their shifts. Their jobs involve little relaxation.

9. Teacher assistants do just what their title says -- they help teachers. They often help students with some basic tasks or grade papers and prepare materials so teachers can focus on more demanding issues.
What they earn: $24,448/year
Why it's surprising: Although these are assistants and not teachers, and therefore their education and experience requirements are less demanding, they are still highly involved in educating students and not paid as competitively as expected.

10. Veterinary assistants help veterinarians with caring for a variety of animals, which includes helping with examinations and treatments.
What they earn: $32,584/year
Why it's surprising: Animals aren't the easiest patients to deal with. They're finicky, often dangerous and definitely not something just anyone can handle.

Anthony Balderrama is a writer and blogger for CareerBuilder.com and its job blog, The Work Buzz. He researches and writes about job search strategy, career management, hiring trends and workplace issues. Follow him on Twitter

02-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Who cares what some CareerBuilder blogger feels a job should pay? Tell Anthony his taxes are going up xx% this year to pay city and state workers what he feels they're worth and see how fast he back peddles...then tell him his maid deserves a raise and his dry cleaning bill is going up too. :roll:

The city can afford to pay what it can afford to pay. If your unsatisfied with that then start sending out resumes. Nobody cares what you think you should get paid and theres no shortage of up and coming officers who are eager to sign on at CCPD. We'll get along just fine without you. :wink:

As highly as you might think of yourself nobody at CCPD is irreplaceable, not even close! lol

02-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Who cares what some CareerBuilder blogger feels a job should pay? Tell Anthony his taxes are going up xx% this year to pay city and state workers what he feels they're worth and see how fast he back peddles...then tell him his maid deserves a raise and his dry cleaning bill is going up too. :roll:

The city can afford to pay what it can afford to pay. If your unsatisfied with that then start sending out resumes. Nobody cares what you think you should get paid and theres no shortage of up and coming officers who are eager to sign on at CCPD. We'll get along just fine without you. :wink:

As highly as you might think of yourself nobody at CCPD is irreplaceable, not even close! lol

Hey jerk I'm not a cop but think my Cape Coral Officers are the best in Lee County and need to be paid much more.

02-18-2010, 01:30 AM
And we're bottom
Hey jerk I'm not a cop but think my Cape Coral Officers are the best in Lee County and need to be paid much more.

Yeah CCPD are "tops"... and the citizens of Cape Coral the "bottoms" that are getting screwed by them. :snicker:

If you really think they deserve to be paid much more then i suggest you attend city council meetings, what your turn at the podium, then tell the mayor and city council that you think they deserve to be paid much more, and that you'd gladly support a tax increase so we can afford to pay them much more. While your at it bring a bunch of supporters with you. Have them all suggest that they'll be happy to support a tax increase for CCPD pay raises too. If your not willing to do that then STFU nobody cares what you think or what color font you use. "Its the thought that counts" doesn't cut it, pay up or shut up.

02-18-2010, 01:54 AM
And BTW... any Cape Coral cop who needs to make much more also needs to take a good look at how they're spending their money. The job pays a livable wage and they should have known what it pays before choosing to pursue a career in law enforcement.

Police work isn't rocket science and there are plenty of other jobs that are more deadly per 100,000 employees, and they pay similar or less in wages.

02-18-2010, 04:39 AM
Cape Coral Officers are already the best paid in Lee County, how much more do you feel they need to be paid?

02-18-2010, 05:41 AM
Lets take an objective look at how the Cape Cops fair in comparison to their counterparts at other SWFL agencies. Turns out they are already some of the best paid, if not the best paid cops in SWFL. Therefore they don't need to be paid any more then they are already getting.

As i said before if the grass is greener elsewhere i can't blame anyone for leaving, but we won't miss you. Not only is there plenty of up and coming officers who are eager to sign on at CCPD, but many experienced officer and deputies with LCSO, FMPD, CCSO etc. would gladly shuck their current uniforms to take a position with CCPD too.

SWFL law enforcement salaries:

Cape Cops - They have brand new facilities, a very well maintained fleet of take home vehicles, and a benefits package on par with any other agency in SWFL.

Cape Coral base starting salary is $43,992

Lee County Sheriffs Deputies - Aging facilities, take home vehicles and a base starting salary of $35,294. Add to that a $2,500 incentive for those with 2 or more years of military service = base starting salary of $37,794

Fort Myers PD - Aging facilities, aging fleet of vehicles, take home cars currently don't start until 3~4 years of service and a base starting salary of $41,724.

Sanibel Police - the only info I could find for Sanibel is "Average Salary of Sanibel, FL Police Officers is $45,000" (indeed.com). If that's the average the base pay probably isn't any better then the Cape Cops, although it's hard to tell. What is there like 4 or 5 officers at most?

Collier County Sheriffs Deputies - base starting salary of $40,828

Naples Police - "Average Salary of Sanibel, FL Police Officers is $46,000" (indeed.com).

Florida Highway Patrol - Base Starting Salary of $33,977.04 (elsewhere) and $38,976.84 for Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Collier, and Lee Counties.

The only info i could find for Sanibel and Naples is from indeed.com. For comparison they say the average pay for a Cape Coral Officer is $46,000, which is $1,000 more then they say for Sanibel and on par with Naples.