PDA

View Full Version : Tampa PD

12-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Any thoughts or comments?

12-03-2009, 06:47 PM
We are losing a good one to T.P.D. I wish him the best of luck (not that he will need it) and hoping we can replace him with someone as good. Bad for ZPD, good for TPD, stay safe out there, don't forget who gave you your start and where you came from. And most importantly, share some of that big money you will be making!! Congrats!

12-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Who's leaving?

12-04-2009, 03:58 AM
Word is that 3 TPD officers have put in or are about to put in their applications for ZPD. Seems the grass isnt greener or there is about to be a big story broken about problems over there.
Stand by.

12-04-2009, 02:14 PM
I didn't know that ZPD had any open positions to fill. Who's leaving ZPD?

12-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Word is that 3 TPD officers have put in or are about to put in their applications for ZPD. Seems the grass isnt greener or there is about to be a big story broken about problems over there.
Stand by.
Three TPD officers taking thousands of dollars in pay cuts to work for this backwards place. Right.

12-04-2009, 06:35 PM
So we will be getting leftovers that TPD has fired?

12-04-2009, 08:05 PM
I heard one of your officers was turned down by TPD. Any truth to this?

12-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Tampa officers lose raises; others must pay money back
Friday, December 4, 2009
Post a comment | E-mail this story | Print

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PBA spokesman Greg Stout called the reversal an "insult." HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY (Bay News 9) -- Dozens of Tampa police officers will have to pay back raises they received several months ago.

The city council has revoked a program called the Step Program, which was an incentive for officers to increase their salary by 4.2 percent each year for 10 years until they reach the rank of master patrol officer.

The Police Benevolent Association said almost 500 police officers will be affected.

More Information
Watch the story
"What a huge insult that is," said Greg Stout on behalf of the PBA. "In our view, we believe it's an unfair labor practice. I believe our officers deserve every penny they can get. I believe this is nothing more than a broken promise."

Because Tampa's fiscal year started Oct. 1, about 67 officers already received some of the Step money on the anniversary of their hire. Those officers will have to pay back that money in $10-$20 increments.

Kimberly Crum, the city's director of human resources, said it is fair to take the money back because other officers won't be getting it.

"Our goal is to maintain equity across officers within the same step," Crum said. "The city absolutely believes that this is legal and it's the only way to ensure fairness among these officers."

But Stout wants the city to dig into reserves for the money.

"Our understanding is after the 20 percent reserve for catastrophies, there's an extra $62 million in this fund," Stout said.

The PBA said keeping the Step program would cost the city $800,000 this year.

12-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Guest, I'm torn between allowing the TPD officers to keep the money that they have already been paid or making them pay it back. There is no easy solution to fix this situation.

Here's the thing, the City Council said no to step increases this year. Wrong or right, they've made their decision. It isn't right to allow the officers who received this step increase already to keep it when the other officers will not receive it. It does suck that they have to pay it back, but it isn't fair to the entire department for some officers to receive this pay and officers to not receive it.

Maybe TPD needs to do something like the Pasco School Board did, by giving their officers a one time bonus instead of the step increases. I'm afraid step increases are a thing of the past when it comes to both teachers and police officers.

The economy is bad out there as I'm sure you are aware of. A lot of people don't have jobs right now. At least at this time, both TPD and Pasco County School System are not handing out pink slips like a lot of other professions are. I know it sucks, but that is just the state of our economy right now.

12-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Well, what if the city paid us with chiclets instead of money? That way you could replace the ones I kick out of your mouth.

12-05-2009, 12:33 AM
WELCOME BACK O'NOLAN!

12-05-2009, 01:52 AM
Well, what if the city paid us with chiclets instead of money? That way you could replace the ones I kick out of your mouth.

There you go again, Guest, resorting to violence since you don't know any better.

12-06-2009, 01:30 AM
Stand by.

Are you insane? Who told you that? One of your "sources" you douchebag! The only ones leaving TPD are those who couldn't cut it in FTO...and they went to Pasco. Your tipster is full of sh*t. :lol:

12-07-2009, 12:33 AM
I just love all the name calling that goes on this board. What are we two years old????

12-07-2009, 04:21 PM
It's the 21st century and we're still calling each other douchebag. I guess that's one word that will never go out of style. :devil:

12-08-2009, 04:11 AM

There you go again, Guest, resorting to violence since you don't know any better.

Don't worry, abc123. If this heathen tries to hurt you I will take care of him. Maybe I'll backhand him swiftly across the chops. Then maybe I grab his hair and drag him down to his knees where I deliver a series of crushing punches to his throat. When he grabs his neck gasping for air, then I knee him in the nose until he crumples to the ground in a pool of blood, vomit, and flesh fragments.

12-08-2009, 07:11 PM

Don't worry, abc123. If this heathen tries to hurt you I will take care of him. Maybe I'll backhand him swiftly across the chops. Then maybe I grab his hair and drag him down to his knees where I deliver a series of crushing punches to his throat. When he grabs his neck gasping for air, then I knee him in the nose until he crumples to the ground in a pool of blood, vomit, and flesh fragments.

Goon Squad, I appreciate your reply, but we don't need to resort to violence. We're full grown adults and not children or animals that have to resort to fighting to get our points across.