PDA

View Full Version : IS OPA-LOCKA A GOOD PD?

11-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Good Morning,

I couldn't find a message board for the Opa-Locka PD. I moved to Dade recently and am trying to figure out which depts to stay away from. Can someone please tell me the word on Opa-Locka and if it is a good police dept.

I don't know anything about Dade County but I want to work here. I don't wanna work for Miami or Miami-Dade only because i prefer to work for a smaller dept.

Any information about which smaller dept is best and who to stay away from would be great. Thanks!

11-22-2009, 03:47 PM
At least you 'll get a take home. Don't forget to wear your vest! Ya'll need it there! Good luck to you body!

11-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Do yourself a BIG favor and stay away from Miccosukee PD. It is the ABSOLUTE worst organization in Dade county, if not in the entire state. I would list the best small agencies as follows, best to worst.
Bal Harbour PD
Sunny Isles PD
Surfside PD
Indian Creek PD
Bay Harbor IslandsPD
North Bay VillagePD
Opa-LockaPD

These are all in northeast Dade. There are several others in northwest Dade and South Dade. Good luck. :cop:

11-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Do we know if the Indians give their POs take home?
One thang 4 sure , they got nice uniforms to go with their patches!

If ya go there, make sure you do not 39 one of them, otherwise you are dead meat, then you'll get stock on Fantasy Island and you'll have to say every other hour:"50 show me 13 West Island".

11-23-2009, 09:37 PM
It does suck on Fantasy Island, but it is a hell of a lot better than having to say "Show me 13 Old Trail & Loop Road" for the entire shift. :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :cop: