PDA

View Full Version : True or false?

11-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Sergeant was falsely accused, investigator say

By TONY HOLT | Hernando Today

Published: November 17, 2009

BROOKSVILLE - Sgt. Jeff Kraft said he thought something was "fishy" about Misty Chavez.

Less than a month later, she would accuse him of acting unprofessionally toward her and verbally abusing her.

This week, the Hernando County Sheriff's Office determined those charges were unfounded.

Chavez had been married to her husband for less than two months before she accused him of raping her, according to an Internal Affairs investigation. She told the investigator they met off the Internet.

Chavez filed a restraining order. When she was told by a domestic violence clerk the house belonged to her husband and she could not occupy it, she became irate, authorities said.

She jumped up and down and threw papers off the clerk's desk, according to the IA report. Eventually she insisted on going back to her husband, the investigator stated.

On the date of the incident — Sept. 27 — Kraft and another sergeant were called for assistance in the interview room. They were asked to calm Chavez down and explain the situation to her.

During Kraft's interaction with Chavez, he became suspicious. He thought her restraining order was a false report, but "he didn't have sufficient probable cause to charge her," stated Sgt. Kathleen Reid, the IA investigator.

Chavez wanted her husband's house, Kraft thought. When the husband showed up at the sheriff's office later, Kraft spoke to him and warned him, according to Reid's report.

Weeks later, Chavez accused Kraft of verbally abusing her and he was investigated for conduct unbecoming.

Reid's report concluded Chavez did not act inappropriately. No action was taken against the 19-year veteran of the sheriff's office.

Chavez told Reid the sergeant was "less than professional" when he spoke to her and cursed several times, according to the report.

"She felt she should have been treated with more compassion," Reid wrote.

The domestic violence clerk and the other sergeant both testified Kraft did not use abusive language and acted professionally.

The former said Kraft did raise his voice to her, but only because Chavez was "screaming at him," Reid stated.

11-18-2009, 05:01 PM
What I want to know is, why is this news?
Whats next if someone is late for work and gets written up, is that gonna be a story for HT?

Hernando Today really felt that it was necessary to report that some nut case complained that the Sgt. raised his voice? and that it was unfounded?

Geez

11-18-2009, 05:09 PM
And to answer your question.

False
That's what the story reports the investigation concluded.

I Hereby Issue a Medal of Valor to both Sgt's for not Launching this wackadoo out the 2nd floor window of the Courthouse!

Wear it proudly Guys

T

11-18-2009, 06:25 PM
we dont condone violence at our agency

11-19-2009, 02:26 AM
i don't believe the investigation and i do believe it as the cover up it is.......something we have become quite well known for and something that makes me ashamed to say where i work.

11-19-2009, 02:30 AM
hey jeff aka teflon2 did you really feel the need to post this, teflon boy?

Sergeant was falsely accused, investigator say

By TONY HOLT | Hernando Today

Published: November 17, 2009

BROOKSVILLE - Sgt. Jeff Kraft said he thought something was "fishy" about Misty Chavez.

Less than a month later, she would accuse him of acting unprofessionally toward her and verbally abusing her.

This week, the Hernando County Sheriff's Office determined those charges were unfounded.

Chavez had been married to her husband for less than two months before she accused him of raping her, according to an Internal Affairs investigation. She told the investigator they met off the Internet.

Chavez filed a restraining order. When she was told by a domestic violence clerk the house belonged to her husband and she could not occupy it, she became irate, authorities said.

She jumped up and down and threw papers off the clerk's desk, according to the IA report. Eventually she insisted on going back to her husband, the investigator stated.

On the date of the incident — Sept. 27 — Kraft and another sergeant were called for assistance in the interview room. They were asked to calm Chavez down and explain the situation to her.

During Kraft's interaction with Chavez, he became suspicious. He thought her restraining order was a false report, but "he didn't have sufficient probable cause to charge her," stated Sgt. Kathleen Reid, the IA investigator.

Chavez wanted her husband's house, Kraft thought. When the husband showed up at the sheriff's office later, Kraft spoke to him and warned him, according to Reid's report.

Weeks later, Chavez accused Kraft of verbally abusing her and he was investigated for conduct unbecoming.

Reid's report concluded Chavez did not act inappropriately. No action was taken against the 19-year veteran of the sheriff's office.

Chavez told Reid the sergeant was "less than professional" when he spoke to her and cursed several times, according to the report.

"She felt she should have been treated with more compassion," Reid wrote.

The domestic violence clerk and the other sergeant both testified Kraft did not use abusive language and acted professionally.

The former said Kraft did raise his voice to her, but only because Chavez was "screaming at him," Reid stated.

11-19-2009, 02:37 AM
we don't condone violence at our agency
Me too, Thats why I awarded them a medal. :D
Who condoned Violence?
Never mind don't answer, you'll just confuse me more. :roll:

My question was why the HT found it necessary to report on this bull and post a hard working LEO's name in the paper, over a minor IA complaint, which we all know happen all the time and must be investigated. However this case on it's face seems like an open and shut nuisance complaint. It simply should not have been reported by the paper, and really has no place on this board too.

11-19-2009, 03:10 AM
Who condoned Violence?

My question was why the HT found it necessary to report on this bull and post a hard working LEO's name in the paper, over a minor IA complaint, which we all know happen all the time and must be investigated. However this case on it's face seems like an open and shut nuisance complaint. It simply should not have been reported by the paper, and really has no place on this board too.

Why did HCSO release the name of a rape victim? Frankly, I'd like to see all IA's reported in the paper, and if it's me being investigated, so be it.

I don't believe this investigation is accurate. HCSO has been known to cover for those they like and I believe this to be a case just like that.

11-19-2009, 03:27 AM
Who condoned Violence?

Why did HCSO release the name of a rape victim? Frankly, I'd like to see all IA's reported in the paper, and if it's me being investigated, so be it.

I don't believe this investigation is accurate. HCSO has been known to cover for those they like and I believe this to be a case just like that.

Can anyone answer this?