PDA

View Full Version : Oh The Irony of It

11-15-2009, 08:05 PM
I was reading the South Lake Press dated November 13, 2009. There was an article titled "2 cops put on leave, 1 resigns". The article was an obvious attempt to discredit the Officers mentioned. After all, when was the last time Clermont PD released a news flash that an Officer had resigned?

Anyway, something near the end of the article really caught my eye, and gave me a good laugh. Johnson is quoted as saying "People need to be treated fair and there are standards our officers have to abide by". Maybe it's just me or do you also see the rich irony here of Johnson talking about treating people fair and abiding by standards? That is just priceless.

P.S. Jonny - you should have said fairly instead of fair. I expected better of you grammatically after reading your "impressive" resume' Chief emailed to everyone when you were hired.

flamethrower
11-16-2009, 06:02 AM
Speaking of irony, just ask yourself what the proper protocol is for investigating a police chief, then ask yourself if it's considered proper for an internal affairs investigator to take direct orders from a civilian - even when the civilian runs the entire town. :cop:

11-18-2009, 02:40 AM
Romans 8:31
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? :lol:
:D

11-18-2009, 02:35 PM
I was reading the South Lake Press dated November 13, 2009. There was an article titled "2 cops put on leave, 1 resigns". The article was an obvious attempt to discredit the Officers mentioned. After all, when was the last time Clermont PD released a news flash that an Officer had resigned?

Anyway, something near the end of the article really caught my eye, and gave me a good laugh. Johnson is quoted as saying "People need to be treated fair and there are standards our officers have to abide by". Maybe it's just me or do you also see the rich irony here of Johnson talking about treating people fair and abiding by standards? That is just priceless.

P.S. Jonny - you should have said fairly instead of fair. I expected better of you grammatically after reading your "impressive" resume' Chief emailed to everyone when you were hired.

curious if they'll do a press release on Holmes coming back from his wrongful termination.............................

01-17-2010, 12:59 AM

curious if they'll do a press release on Holmes coming back from his wrongful termination.............................

didn't think so...........hell they don't even do a press release on crimes until weeks after the fact. would it be that they never get solved. Just like the current homicide investigations currently under way........who has the experience?

01-17-2010, 01:02 AM
[quote="REVEAL LATER":1hwqz20e]I was reading the South Lake Press dated November 13, 2009. There was an article titled "2 cops put on leave, 1 resigns". The article was an obvious attempt to discredit the Officers mentioned. After all, when was the last time Clermont PD released a news flash that an Officer had resigned?

KB now if you fart to loud beware they will call channel 9 on ya.

didn't think so...........hell they don't even do a press release on crimes until weeks after the fact. would it be that they never get solved. Just like the current homicide investigations currently under way........who has the experience?[/quote:1hwqz20e]