PDA

View Full Version : Not hired

11-13-2009, 07:21 AM
I want to thank that Corporal for dragging me through the entire hiring process and then after coming to my families home and telling everyone I was hired, never calling me back. I want to thank your Chief (maybe the old one) for hiring his friends buddy instead of me. It has been more than two years and I got hired by a large Sheriff's Department, once earning Deputy of the Year. You not calling me back was extremly rude, but in the end it was like winning the lottery. :D

11-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Big whoop!
The worst officer at PCPD would have won Deputy of the Year TWICE by now. You couldn't hang with the big bad dogs of PCPD so now you're a big fish in a little pond. So what?!
You couldn't cut it on the mean streets of PCPD, boy!

11-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Holy cow! Talk about holding a grudge....2 years ago!! It's a little sad that you're still angry about this incident. That also makes me question the validity of the allegation. The person in charge of conducting the home interview is usually still unaware if the applicant is going to get hired or not. I can't imagine them telling you you're hired at that point in the process. I also don't recall any of Chief's buddies being hired two years ago. One last point, we don't have corporals! Move on with your life.

11-13-2009, 11:27 PM
Holy cow! Talk about holding a grudge....2 years ago!! It's a little sad that you're still angry about this incident. That also makes me question the validity of the allegation. The person in charge of conducting the home interview is usually still unaware if the applicant is going to get hired or not. I can't imagine them telling you you're hired at that point in the process. I also don't recall any of Chief's buddies being hired two years ago. One last point, we don't have corporals! Move on with your life. Good post, you're right the chief makes the decision after reviewing the applicants.

11-22-2009, 11:29 PM
No, this guy was actually not hired because the Chief hired a buddy. He is Polk County Deputy now, a good guy, a good Marine.

11-22-2009, 11:47 PM
No, this guy was actually not hired because the Chief hired a buddy. He is Polk County Deputy now, a good guy, a good Marine. The Chief can't hire everyone. He decides what would be in the best interest of the dept. and plant city. What applicant would stay with PCPD and who would most likely leave. We respect his decisions.

11-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Mr mad from two years ago:
Plant City is not the backward little agency it used to be. The pay scale is comparable to HCSO or TPD and way above Polk County. Officers are not breaking down the door to leave like in years past. We have plenty of applicants to select from now. What we really could use like most departments, more Spanish speaking officers. Many applicants were passed on who would have done great and they all went elsewhere and did just that. Let it go and be grateful someone gave you an opportunity.