PDA

View Full Version : Tardy for the Party

11-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Let me start by saying that I can't believe that we're actually expected to contribute money towards a retirement party when detail pay has been adjusted to the overtime rate and we haven't gotten a raise or COLA increase. A contribution to an individual who already has a pension and a hefty amount in his 401k. I think not. The peons (us) are ignored daily so I don't expect much to change at this party. I'd rather spend time with family than be ignored. As you can gather I won't be tardy for the party because I won't be attending. Neither will I be giving one red cent for this endeavor. Perhaps the funding can be found in the raises we didn't get or the excesses of the forced labor placed upon us. (DETAILS). :roll:

11-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Ha! Ha! Ha! Well said. Peace out Mr. 80%. It's been real.

11-06-2009, 01:41 AM
Count me in. Im going to pay 25 smacks to go. When I get there I am going to call in a 67 on an elder and watch all the phone call, blackberry, and chaos all in one room. Oh boy I can't wait. Extra cheese please!

11-06-2009, 01:46 AM
Count me in. Im going to pay 25 smacks to go. When I get there I am going to call in a 67 on an elder and watch all the phone call, blackberry, and chaos all in one room. Oh boy I can't wait. Extra cheese please! If will retires everyone will chip in. He has to work due to a gambling addiction in the family.

11-06-2009, 01:55 AM
Who’s retiring? When and where is the party?

11-06-2009, 01:02 PM
This thread has an orange county twist

11-06-2009, 01:46 PM
I have offically been named the party re-organizer by the man (BM) himself. Instead of the cozy pizza loft atmosphere, we will be meeting at Scarlets at 10PM on Tuesday. Due to recent budget restrictions, we need to make our $ 25 dollars go a long way, and a couple of bottles of Boones Farm ( a required purchase in the VIP Room)is more welcome than a slice of pizza.Why not go out with a "bang" (literally) after all those years. An offical memo via the chain of command will be distributed later today via email.

Don't be tardy for the party!

11-06-2009, 06:37 PM
I will not be able to attend the party. I will be busy writing my memo to join the benefits committee. Didn't we already go through this (Peer Committee under Tiger, Survey when Latchford first came here, and employee forums). Lip service at its best.

You see we have a bunch of new people and the formation of the "committe" will give them hope to hang aroud for 2.5 years. After that a new "Committe" or "Peer Group" or whatever you want to call it will be formed.

11-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Why in the world would someone want to volunteer to be a silent yes man/woman on a puppet committee that doesn't have any bearing on anything. I do believe this is why a COMMAND STAFF exists, you know to assist the chief with the daily operations of the dept. I say let them sit on this committee and earn their keep. I can think of two individuals on the command staff that would just sit there looking like a couple of deer in headlights. I'll kill the suspense; one is a Lt. and one is a Capt.

11-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Count me in. Im going to pay 25 smacks to go. When I get there I am going to call in a 67 on an elder and watch all the phone call, blackberry, and chaos all in one room. Oh boy I can't wait. Extra cheese please!
Why is there contributions for someone who has been gone for 2 months? Someone who has enough money to last 10 life times, People have retired here in the past, but now there is a retirement party being held?