PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts?

11-04-2009, 09:26 PM
ZEPHYRHILLS - The Florida Department of Transportation's plans for widening U.S. 301 between Zephyrhills and Dade City involves very little widening.

The department studied two options for widening the 7½-mile road to six lanes, but project costs would have ranged from $85 million to $215 million. Both plans would have forced DOT to buy extensive right of way and could have forced the closure of more than 30 businesses.

So instead, the DOT will recommend widening only the southernmost segment between Eiland Boulevard and Kossik Road. The rest of the highway would remain as is, except for intersection improvements at Centennial Road, Clinton Avenue, Morningside Drive and US 98 Bypass. No businesses or residences would have to be relocated, and the entire project would cost about $42 million.

The news is a relief to Dade City business owners like Donald Kirkland, who faced the possibility of losing his photo shop if DOT had opted to widen the entire road.

"I was afraid they were going to pass the one where they condemn all our property," Kirkland said. "I had lawyers send me letters offering to represent me. This would have been looming over us for years."

The DOT will hold a public hearing at 5 p.m. today to receive feedback before moving forward with the recommendation. The department has money in its 2014 budget to design the road, but construction is unfunded and likely wouldn't happen for decades.

"I'm glad to see that because I'm not sure we need to go to six lanes between Zephyrhills and Dade City," said Todd Vande Berg, planning director for Zephyrhills.

The city has been embroiled in a conflict with the DOT over its plans to widen U.S. 301 through downtown Zephyrhills because it would convert Gall Boulevard into a one-way road for northbound traffic.

Vande Berg doesn't anticipate any opposition to the plan to widen the highway north of town. The segment from C.R. 54 (Eiland Boulevard) to Kossik Road, already handles between 22,500 and 30,700 vehicles per day. Based on those traffic counts, the road could fail in as little as two years, according to DOT consultants.

Vande Berg said he was disappointed to see the proposal eliminates a multi-purpose trail that would have run alongside the highway and linked the two cities. But the southern segment would receive enhancements, such as bike lanes and sidewalks.

If you go

WHAT: Florida DOT Public Hearing for improvements to U.S. 301/Gall Boulevard
WHEN: 5 to 7 p.m. today
WHERE: Zephyr Palms Event Center, 4645 Airport Road, Zephyrhills

11-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Thoughts? You wanna know if anyone has any thoughts?!
Yeah, here's a thought for you: shut your big fat ugly stupid mouth! How's that? Happy now?
What a jerk. Coming on here trying to get people in an uproar. Well screw you, pal! Go jump off a building, friend! Take a long walk on a short pier, mack! Go fishing with Fredo, clown!
Everyone is sick and tired and aching of people like you and its probably JUST you because everyone else I see is fricking happy as a clam.
Goddanm I'm sick of you and you're complaining and snitching it makes me wanna just tear my eyes out of my head and start punching my monitor until my hands bleed! I want to render flesh.

11-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Thoughts? You wanna know if anyone has any thoughts?!
Yeah, here's a thought for you: shut your big fat ugly stupid mouth! How's that? Happy now?
What a jerk. Coming on here trying to get people in an uproar. Well screw you, pal! Go jump off a building, friend! Take a long walk on a short pier, mack! Go fishing with Fredo, clown!
Everyone is sick and tired and aching of people like you and its probably JUST you because everyone else I see is fricking happy as a clam.
Goddanm I'm sick of you and you're complaining and snitching it makes me wanna just tear my eyes out of my head and start punching my monitor until my hands bleed! I want to render flesh.

I'm sure if you contact EAC - Employee Assistance Consulting, they can help you with your apparent anger issues that you have. You seem to have a lot of hostility in you and I'm sure they can help you and it's confidential.

If indeed you are a police officer, I would recommend getting help and turning in your gun to the captain or chief while you obtain this much needed help. We don't need a hot headed, about to explode, walking time bomb officer carrying a weapon in this community. Please get the help that you need.

11-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Yeah we have a thought: quit trying to stir the pot, you fried egg!

11-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Yeah we have a thought: quit trying to stir the pot, you fried egg!

Basher, a post was deleted below for calling someone a fried egg as well as your other post that you replied to this thread.

I highly suggest you get some help. You really do have anger management issues to make a reply like yours to this post.

11-06-2009, 07:56 PM
What's a brutha gotta do to get a job around here? I dont wanna pull the race but whats up?

11-06-2009, 07:58 PM
What's a brutha gotta do to get a job around here? I dont wanna pull the race but whats up?

Are you serious? Fill out an application online is the first step.