PDA

View Full Version : reps

11-02-2009, 10:15 PM
I am all for having an awards committee. We have had a lot of officers over looked for a long time. I would like to see officers from every unit on the panel. Then show the findings to the chief. I very much dislike the idea of any union rep on the committee. Nothing against our reps, but there position is political and not everyone voted for them. The rep do know who voted for them, so you could not guarantee a total impartial vote. I am tired of RS speaking to the last chief and now this one as he is representing the membership. I can not recall the last time he asked me my opinion on anything. I hope the chief knows he is not our voted rep, he is a paid employee of the PBA and can not be voted out by the membership. Who knows what he tells the chief, because we don’t.

11-02-2009, 10:27 PM
I agree the awards should be based on merit and not politics. PBA and politics are like cookies and milk. You can't have one without the other.

11-02-2009, 10:39 PM
It is about time someone said it!!! Myself and six other guys that just read this say. "Keep the union out of the awards". Tired of them. Maybe it is a time for a union change!

11-02-2009, 11:29 PM
RS was on both the car and uniform committees, what did we get?

Do you want an award?

(maybe it is time for RS to sit this one out)

11-02-2009, 11:44 PM
I think people are starting to wake up. We can't vote RS out, that is plain wrong. We need a Union change. Hell read the BSO board they sound about done too. I am losing my optimism. It appears to be the same old same old. AA has not done a bit of Police work in his career, but he is the Chief's main man. He does have the gift of BS, I'll give him that.

11-03-2009, 04:22 AM
Who is more full of shot RS or LT AA?

11-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Has anyone contacted IUPA to begin the process of changing Unions? BSO is in the process at this time.

11-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Here is the contact info for a real change.

Our Address:
The International Union of Police Associations
1549 Ringling Blvd, Suite 600
Sarasota, FL 34236

Request More Information:

Email IUPA at iupa@iupa.orgThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
Phone (941) 487-2560 Fax (941) 487-2570

11-03-2009, 11:20 AM
IUPA stands for International Union of Police Associations, We need to have the majority want the change by signing cards then an election could take place for the change.

11-03-2009, 11:37 PM
I hope the chief reads leoaffairs!

11-04-2009, 03:22 AM
I hope the chief reads leoaffairs!

If he does here are some quotes for you Chief...

"Leadership is action, not position." ~Donald H. McGannon

"One measure of leadership is the caliber of people who choose to follow you." ~Dennis A. Peer

With that said, it is apparent that Mr. D.R has recommended several people you should surround yourself with. Since your time here encompasses a whole three weeks, you probably did not get the memo about the 'caliber" of people who are constants in "the office of the chief."

One, a politician, not a law enforcement officer (slap in the face to so many officers here), another a sgt. who once a upon a time fudged stats (guess you have not gotten to read employee files yet), and lastly a self proclaimed savior who has lost the trust of most of the PBA membership (ask yourself why).

Lastly, Hubert Humphrey once said:

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."

It appears that what these people have told you about "Our" department has begun to influence your opinion of some of the MOST hard working RESPECTED individuals here. That is disheartening, but know there is still time to change the course of what is occuring.

Make your own judgements of people. Learn what they have accomplished in the YEARS of service to this City. Listen what MOST people (not the three stooges) say about them. You'll soon discover that your being misfed information.

Lastly,

“One of the true tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency.”

“Morale is faith in the man at the top.”
Don't let this problem become an emergency. Fix the morale of this department.

11-04-2009, 05:33 AM
^^Very well said^^ There is not one respected guy in that group. If you think they are going to be loyal they are not. It was amazing how fast they went and stabbed Chief Raggio in the back to get ahead when they found he was leaving. Mind you without Chief Raggio and based on their performance through the years would be lucky to hold on to their jobs.

11-04-2009, 10:51 AM
The three stoogers are AA, ST and RS. They should be selling used cars with the BS that comes from their mouth. Moral is falling fast. The road patrol worked with five people yesterday. This critical understaffing has got to stop. Someone is going to get killed. It is time for action. This department is completely lop sided with people. Re- structure and add overlapping shifts to cover the busy times. Lets start by re-deploying the secretaries with guns walking around the station and placed them in zones. Their is no need for cops in elementary school. This Community Policing simply does not work. Worried about the your image with Black and White Police cars, are you kidding me we are not in Kansas anymore TOTO!!!!!!!!

I hope the Chief reads this and takes a hard look at the ass kissers that are directly in front of him.

11-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Well said, and I also hope that Mike reads this. In continuing with the 3 stooges remark there is also "DUI Cud" who can't do anything sober including come to work or the range. But in our tradition we'll just cover that up. And there is "Prozac Doug" who commits burglary, battery and witness tampering. Ironically he is the one who spearheads all witchhunts (oops I mean IA's) against good officers. Just a bit hypocritical don't you think?? But a real truth will emerge soon in a homicie trial to determine which detective lied in a search warrant and what sgt. and commander covered that up.
There will probably be a sgt's test in the next 4 months when this loose ball of string starts to unwind and heads will start rolling down Lyons Rd. Maybe AA can stand with his golf clubs and swing a few as long as he doesn't hit himself.

11-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Maybe it's time that RS aka Hoffa, comes crumbling down. He hasn't worked a case in years except for the one he purgered himself in that's coming up for trial. Maybe the State Atty should get a phone call and DB can cover that up again. Mike! clean out the bueau from the top up right on down. The only one's that do any work is DC and the 2 girls. Your newest adition told the old chief that he is not mentally or physically fit to work the road. So now he sits and makes phone calls all day looking for lost children?! A records clerk can do that. And ST shame on YOU! Probably the one with the most skeletons in their closet. Forging dailey reports about you tx writing and your wife's criminal history that many of us have known for years but have been silent. 2 people that have the exact info no longer work here but I'm sure K Scott can give everyone the scoop. It's time that the chief puts on his Orkin jacket and exterminates the whole crew.remember THE TRUETH WILL SET YOU FREE! or at least get you your pension sooner than expected.

11-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Chief Mann you are the only one that can take out the trash. We are waiting! AA was a let down. We still have hope but it's starting to fade.

11-05-2009, 01:19 AM
A Call to Reason

Chief Mann,

I address you as Chief as a matter of respect. I was once told to always respect the rank even if you don't respect the man behind it. We here at CCPD have not had the time and experience with you to build that level of respect, but we hope to do so. Unfortunately, many who surround you now have lost that respect or never earned it by their actions or inaction. Having heard many great things about you from others in the law enforcement community, I hope that you step forward and rise to the challenge before you. We hear that you are a true leader worthy of our respect and loyalty, but even now the lowest of the low in our department are brown nosing and ass kissing their way into your inner circle. Like many an officer in this department, I am sickened and revolted by these actions. We, the majority of the officers and other employees, look forward to great change and a positive future under your leadership. But we fear and detest the petty and disgusting actions of the select few that now beg at your table for scraps. They may be reading this over your shoulder even now. There is no need to use names, initals or abbreviations. They wear their actions on their sleeve as if it is a matter of pride.

So I call upon you to use the reason and good judgement that we have heard about from your friends and former coworkers to put these people in their place and move forward toward a bright future. Or you can do what has been done for decades, promote those who are inept, reward incompetence and watch the morale of this department sink lower and lower. The choice is yours. In the meantime, we sit idlly by with hope.

11-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Guest3333333 You said it perfect. I would bet that 95% of the sworn officers would agree with you. Thanks, from all of us.

11-05-2009, 10:34 PM
I just read an article on officer.com. A Sheriff's Deputy with 24 years on the job was found dead on duty at age 44. The cause of death was a possible heart attack. When you read stuff like that, it makes you think; we should be the tightest group of guys and girls out there. Our bosses should protect us and we should do our best to make them look good.

This job started to change when we started hiring people for the wrong reasons. The hiring should have never gotten away from the individual who had the desire to serve and protect. Instead we hire people who initially wanted to be a teacher, business person....etc.

More cops should read law enforcement news to get a better perspective, but then again you have to have the cop running through your veins since you were a little kid.

Stay safe and unite against the people who wear the uniform because it was their last choice career. You can spot the empty uniform by looking at the officers who have always gone the extra mile to escape Police work and politic instead.

11-06-2009, 04:17 AM
1adam12 hits it right on the head. Guest 22222, 33333, 44444 or whovever you are (1 in the same) how dare you challenge the new Chief with your words of "stupidity". Here is an idea since you are so cowardly to spew your bullsh1t on this site. Do your job and and let your hard work speak for itself. Come here and air the internal workings of the department and expect the Chief to sit up and rise to your crap is actually comical. What most do not realize is that WE do recognize the writing styles of our most intelligent officers and what is really a shame is that the effort you put out on this stupid site could be used for better things. Yet here we deal with your childish rants and you expect Chief Mann to step in and wave the magic wand to make you. Chief Mann will do a great job with our department and he will set us up for the future. The scary thing though is the future and how it will be left in the hands of those who ***** on leoaffairs.

Guest 333...Take your revoltion and do us all a favor and call in sick. You do not speak for the majority of us so go take your 10 and read the paper... by the way we will see you tomorrow when you come to work.

11-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Thank-you for your imput ST!

11-06-2009, 10:44 AM
I am her to tell you we are the not the same writer because I am one of them. I will see you tommorow before you see me, LOLOO

11-07-2009, 02:19 AM
JD worked his tail off all day :oops:

11-07-2009, 04:01 AM
JD is a good guy

11-07-2009, 11:58 PM
Any new venture goes through the following stages: enthusiasm, complication, disillusionment, search for the guilty, punishment of the innocent, and decoration of those who did nothing.

We've come full circle

11-09-2009, 11:43 AM
We are in the waiting stage. We are waiting to voluntarily give back our COLAS, our longevity, take home cars and everything else the city wants back. Do you think the PBA will stop the city next year? Do you think a certain few will agree to give back their soul to move up? By the way next year is not a contract year. It is a year like this year, but the city wanted to take back pay or else!!!!!!!! The few voted to voluntarily give back. The majority said hell NO!!!!! Do not cave to the pressure when it intensifies next year around August, September.

A call to arms. We need a Union change. We need to be represented and have a vote that counts. No more secrets, we pay your salary PBA.

11-09-2009, 08:38 PM
F O P !!!

11-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Someone make the call. I am willing to hear what the other unions have to offer. I will go to a meeting. I just want to be able to VOTE someone in or out! The city is going to give us nothing anyway so it is a good time to vote in a new union.

11-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Does anyone have a contact that is familiar with the process of establishing a new Union? We need someone to start the process.

11-10-2009, 12:56 AM
I'm up for a new union also. I'm tired of the treas waddling around thinking his sh-t don't stink.

11-10-2009, 10:23 PM
union number on the first page of this post!

11-11-2009, 08:12 PM
I spoke with a few BSO Deputies and they're going with IUPA. One of the Big reasons they're switching is the fact IUPA provides a Labor Law Attorney who specializes in contract negotiation at the bargaining table. I also got the name and number for the contact guy at IUPA and it Jeff phone # 941-313-0030. Let's call IUPA Jeff and get the ball rolling. At the very least we could have him come out and give us a presentation and make up our own minds.

11-11-2009, 11:47 PM
You call, I will go to a meeting. I would like to hear what they have to say!

11-12-2009, 04:07 AM
Go to IUPA.org....click on the Broward Campaign button on the left and see what they offer! Somebody needs to call or e-mail this Jeff guy at organizer@iupa.org
I'm not sure what to say other than help!

11-12-2009, 09:38 PM
8)
I'm reading all the post to keep up with the issues but I think there is one glaring problem everyone seems to be overlooking. Its not just the Union that’s 100% the problem, its the people in it! Lets be real for a second guys. We don't stick together for shit. In the years that I have been here, it has always been the same. So much so that it is our longest running joke. The City knows it and unfortunate for us, that why they can always get what they want at contract time. I only see more of the same next year. Lets be honest, soon as the City offered what ever group you are in (Rookie, middle of the road toads, 10yrs and over, or 20 and over) a carrot on the last contract, you dropped the togetherness cause and jumped on board. Why? because it's what was easiest and the best for you. Hey! it's alright, its done and over with now. Look at the LS termination issue. I have actually heard our brothers in blue say "hey, I understand where the city is coming from! F- him!" REALLY GUYS?

Only you know where your loyalty lies but I can say this, We have never stuck together and it probably won't start now. With this mentality running rampant throughout the department we will continue to be stuck in a rut and at the mercy of all those that have been discussed in the previous posts and never get a f**king thing accomplished collectively....I know I'm sick of it and from what I'm reading so are some of you. I agree that there are issues that need to be addressed. But we must change our collective attitude before we do anything else. Maybe a move to a new union, with new union leadership is the answer but if we bring the same old attitude and backstabbing ways with us, I fear it will just be more of the same. If someone steps up and arranges a meeting, I will go, how about you?

11-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Very well said. The "heray for me and F--you" thing has got to change. I will start the union ball rolling. Weather you like things the way they are or not. It will not hurt to go to a meeting and see what they have to offer!!! Nothing to hide, reps come too! Lets see what the best deal is.

11-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Awesome! When is the meeting? I'll be there!

uncleremus
11-15-2009, 03:23 PM
The new chief should have came in and cleaned house. Bring his own people in and all this bull sh-- would never be discussed...That is the way it should have happened. There would have been no room for the long line of people licking arse, back stabbing and bringing up peoples criminal past, which there is a ton of criminal past and present here. It is nausiating to come to work and open the station door the smell of brown noses and the vacum created by the suction is awsome now. Please chief get this speculation of promotion overwith so we can go on...

11-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Nothing in this department will EVER change. Being a good cop, going out there and doing your job well is almost never rewarded. Azz suckers continue to get ahead over and over again. This group the city manager and now the chief has surrounded himself with is the biggest kick in the balls yet. Each one is out of touch with anything that goes on outside of the station. All are willing to stab their best friends in the back at a moments notice. Whats amazing is DR calls in a load of good cops who I am sure voiced their concerns and he picks arguably the least qualified 3 to pass on to the new chief. GR made alot of mistakes while he was chief. None of these mistakes were as big as letting these guys coast, not realizing they would come to betray him in a second. God help us.

11-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Very well said. The "heray for me and F--you" thing has got to change. I will start the union ball rolling. Weather you like things the way they are or not. It will not hurt to go to a meeting and see what they have to offer!!! Nothing to hide, reps come too! Lets see what the best deal is.

What happend? Did you call IUPA?

11-18-2009, 03:34 AM
Your PBA! You'll get what you have and like it. Now pay your dues! :shock:

11-18-2009, 03:53 AM
Your PBA! You'll get what you have and like it. Now pay your dues! :shock:

Hi Rodney! :shock:

11-20-2009, 10:55 AM
I spoke to the regional representative today from IUPA. We are going to have to wait until this contract ends before we can make a change. The process to change is simple. We will have a membership meeting with the regional rep explaining the benefits that IUPA offers. Officers will have to complete PERC cards. If we have the majority of Officers signing the cards an election to change unions will follow. The PBA and IUPA will be placed on a secret ballot. The majority vote will decide the new union.

IUPA benefits: We will set up our own constitution. We pick our board of directors, President, Secretary...etc. We decide the term limits of the board based on the memberships desires, two or three years. IUPA supplies a 1-800 number available 24 hours for legal representation. All Officer involved shootings, car crashes and I.A.'s will be represented with an attorney. Contract negotiations are also done by a labor attorney with the assistance of the board we elect.

More information will be posted as information becomes available. We can get the ball rolling as we get closer to the end of the contract.

At last, we have an option that is viable. Representation without the members ability to vote out their executive board is a recipe that leads to self interest rule and corruptness.

11-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Now your talking!!!. Term limits on the reps. No more RS who you can't vote out. RS did a good job when he started, now he is in the cities pockets. “Power corrupts” I also like the fact, it is not a PBA EX board member who desides if you get an attorney. You get an 800 number and one is sent. Even for a car crash. (that may have helped LS).
I will be at the meeting in a year, I wish it was now, because we need a change!

11-20-2009, 08:36 PM
That's the best freaking news I've heard in a long time!

wetmuscle
11-22-2009, 03:04 AM
Wow, this public information for anyone to read. Is this what you want for the citizens of the community you are protecting? Good god.

11-22-2009, 07:15 PM
I'll drink to that too!!!!

12-08-2009, 09:54 PM
More capable then half this department