PDA

View Full Version : Improve an agency?

11-01-2009, 08:14 PM
We often sit and listen to each other complain about this and whine about that, but what do we actually do to make life better. We all know that the Administration hears what is written on here and we know that good, bad, or otherwise, this is a location where we can have a voice. This site was intended to bring about positive change and to facilitate positive interactions between law enforcement officers. Why not try a novel approach and use this site as intended? Why not use this site to let the administration know what changes we would like and what problems we have. I know when the Chief comes to read-off and asks if we have any questions, we all sit mute till he leaves and then say why does he do this, or why does he allow that, and so on. So lets try to use this site to have an open forum to discuss our desires, hopes, and needs for this agency. We know that the Union thing isn't working and all this stalled conversation is costing us all dearly. The sheriff once said that we did not need a union, that all we need is to ask and he would fight for whatever we need, without the need for a Union. I agree with him and we need to open up some line of communication soon before everyone leaves for Tampa or another department which pays more, which now, is nearly all of them. I know some will want to argue about the need for a Union and so on, and if you want to have that discussion, start another thread, and I will read it and chime in, but lets use this thread for staying on topic, what do we want and need to make us happy and to keep the good people we have from leaving. Don't expect that the administration will answer or post on here, but they will read it, or at least hear about it, and if we are professional, the administration can "respond" at read-offs and such about rumors that are going around and such and what the truth on such topics are.

So let me start this discussion between members and please, for once in our lives, lets all be civilized and not use names, inappropriate language, and negativity. If we try, maybe we can get some transparency about matters so that we can improve our daily lives while at work.

11-03-2009, 01:16 AM
No comments?..... No suggestions for improvement?..... Not stirring the pot here, just trying to keep it real :D

11-03-2009, 02:21 AM
No comments?..... No suggestions for improvement?..... Not stirring the pot here, just trying to keep it real :D

You are trying to stir............Go away.............. :evil:

11-03-2009, 02:34 AM

You are trying to stir............Go away.............. :evil:

That would be a negative :devil:

11-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Anymore suggestions?