PDA

View Full Version : oral board

10-13-2009, 02:19 AM
hi have the oral board next week and its my first oral board ever. I'm a lil nervous an just wanted to know if anyone here had any insight that would help me. thank you.

10-17-2009, 01:00 AM
BE DRESSED PROFESSIONALLY SUIT AND TIE
NAILS CLEAN HAIR CUT OR PROFESSIONALLY PULLED BACK ...
BE ON TIME...

BE HONEST..KNOW ABOUT THE LAW , KNOWABOUT THE THIS CITY THAT YOU ARE APPLYING FOR , LOOK EVERYONE IN THE EYE SPEAK CLEARLY

10-19-2009, 02:25 AM
K thanks for the advice...btw do u know if after the oral board if the process picks up. Again thanks for ur help

10-22-2009, 05:19 AM
hey (Edited)! do yourself a favor and stay away from this sinking ship. this is the worst department in pbc.

10-23-2009, 04:10 PM
hey (Edited)! do yourself a favor and stay away from this sinking ship. this is the worst department in pbc.

Why is this the worst department?

11-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Hey, don't listen to this nonsense. I'd honestly suggest to stay off of this forum as 99% of what you're going to hear is negative.

All departments have their positives and negatives. Don't let the negative people influence you. Get hired, work, and make that decision for yourself as is what I plan to do.

As far as testing, hiring, and training goes I have never dealt with a more professional and supportive department. I applied to plenty of places and even if the intent was for me to be hired the other departments treated me like garbage. The whole time I tested with Delray up to the point I was hired was an extremely pleasant process. The training staff has been extremely supportive and it seems like a small family atmosphere.

I can't say I know much now because I'm not even at the department yet, however, from what I've witnessed this is the website where people come to b*tch. Regardless your job is to go out and do what's needed for the community, screw the rest.

Regarding your oral board, the advice given was spot on. Dress professionally (suit, tie, dress pants). As you walk in be sure to approach everyone and shake hands while simultaneously introducing yourself. In my interview there was a male officer and a female officer at either ends of the table. I decided to approach the female officer first as 'ladies go first' by my book. Look everyone in the eye, answer honestly, stick to your guns if you're asked a question to make a decision. You're not a cop yet and won't be expected to know how to properly react in a situation. Whatever you say, be firm and stick to it.

My experience and the experience of others who have interviewed with Delray is that you will know whether they like you or not by the end. If they're cordial and joking with you then thats a good sign as is what I experienced and was the experience of those who were successful in the future. If they are cold/dry with you...well, you may be receiving the FU email sometime in the near future.

All the best!

11-30-2009, 11:41 PM
So Peopletalktrash.... You have all the answers about how great Delray is because you are in the hiring process. You're not even in the honeymoon phase of things. How about you wait to comment until you've finished the academy, fto and learned something about the job and true professionalism. Then you can comment on Delray comparing it to other agencies with an appropriate point of view.

12-03-2009, 02:51 AM
I never said I knew anything about anything. I simply spoke on my experiences and will give a reply. I actually mentioned very clearly that "I don't work there so I don't know what's actually going on". I only wrote that while applying everyone has been extremely cordial and professional in comparison to other departments.
I understand there are the administrative issues going on but that shouldn't hinder anyone from at least getting started in an awesome career.