PDA

View Full Version : New Bargaining Union

10-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Brothers and Sisters,

It is time that we consider the formation of new union under the authority of established Florida law. I believe that this current union has fulfilled its mission. Some of us haven't seen or experience that mission; some of us have seen that mission. I, for instant, just don't see it.

I am so tired of this typical Florida cowboy attitude and western expansion frontier mentality when it comes to bargaining practices. I believe we can get along much better with our employer if we dissolve our affiliation with our current bargaining unit. They've worked hard and appear quite burned out.

Under this current bargaining unit, recognition of seniority is lifeless in our department. Maybe that is an issue the PBA reps that are SUPERVISORS don’t want to address. Officers in our police department should voice extreme objection to how promotions within our department are granted.

We should look into the fact that most of our reps are part of management and would very much like to keep those pin on their stripes and would do what’s necessary to keep the pens from falling out of those stripes—to keep the stripes pinned on dam!

We also need to mix up our races and gender when dealing with union reps. Female, male, you know what I’m talking about. If only white males are union reps, we will have only a white male viewpoint when dealing with bargaining issue. As a Negro American male, no wait an afro-American male okay now African American male (I think this is latest name yawl gave us) I have a different view point on issues. So we need not only white union reps.

I’m interested or excited about going to a great organization like any Sheriff’s Office. I’m more concerned with convincing the powers here in the School District of Palm Beach County what we need as a department and why we should have it.

But I’ll stop now. We NEED to form a new union!!

Brother Dennis Rolle

10-11-2009, 05:16 PM
You have my vote! Get the ball rolling, and I am sure a majority of us will follow and lend a helping hand!

10-11-2009, 08:08 PM
ALL I WANT IS TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH OUR PD. AND AS OF TODAY OUR REPS AND THE PBA OF NOT DONE THAT. I DONT THINK ITS TOO MUCH TO ASK WHAT IS IN OUR FUTURE? TELL US SOMETHING!!! SO I WAS TOLD ABOUT THIS POST, SO I AM HERE TO SAY I SUPPORT YOU DR, AND ADD ME TO YOUR LIST AS THE CONCERNED "WHITE GUY" ( I THINK THATS WHAT Y'ALL ARE CALLING US) ha

10-11-2009, 09:11 PM
DR is it always about race or is that your only play?

10-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Yes I too believe that we need a change. But I’m not so sure D.R. is our man. We need someone strong that is not afraid to fight for the cause. Not someone that is just willing to argue for there point of view. “YES to change “NO” to D.R.

10-13-2009, 08:59 PM
I agree that change is the key, but I say we give the PBA the opportunity to defend themselves! This is a call to the Reps, get a meeting togther, and talk to us, tell us what is going to happen with us. What are your intentions if any. If we hear no reply, I say lets get another ASSOCIATION to represent us. LETS SO THIS QUICKLY! SPREAD THE WORD.

10-15-2009, 03:48 AM
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, HERE WE GO AGAIN, THE JOB SUCKS, THE PBA DONT CARE ABOUT US, THE CHIEF SOLD US OUT, THE DISTRICT WONT SHARE THE MONEY, WAA,WAA,WAA,WAA. YOU PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE MATURE ADULTS WHO ARE ENTRUSTED WITH THE RESPONSIBILITY OF PROTECTING THE FUTURE OF THIS STATE AND COUNTRY FOR THAT MATTER; YET YOU NEVER FAIL TO SHOW THE LOW LEVEL OF INTELLECT THAT YOU POSSESS. INSTEAD OF WHINING ABOUT THINGS WE ALREADY KNOW EXIST, HOW ABOUT WE PUT OUR COLLECTIVE HEADS TOGETHER AND COME UP WITH A VIABLE SOLUTION FOR WHAT AILS THIS DEPARTMENT. FOR THOSE OF US WHO CHOSE TO STAY THIS IS A MUST AND FOR THE ONES WHO WANT TO LEAVE, THERE IS NO ONE PREVENTING YOU FROM DOING THAT SO WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE? YES CHANGE IS NOT ONLY NEEDED IT IS WARRANTED!! THE OLD P.B.A REPRESENTATIVES HAVE PROVEN TIME AFTER TIME THAT THEY ARE INCAPABLE OF LEADING US TO WHERE WE BELONG. NOT TO KNOCK THEM BUT QUITE FRANKLY THEY JUST DO NOT HAVE THE MOXY AND SAVVY TO TAKE ON THE LITIGIOUS TYPE THAT THE DISTRICT HAS SPEAKING FOR THEM. IN ORDER FOR US TO GET ANYWHERE WE NEED TO HAVE THE RESPECT OF THE BOARD AND THE LEGAL TEAM THAT REPRESENTS THE DISTRICT AND I CAN EMPHATICALLY TELL YOU THAT THEY THINK OUR CURRENT TEAM ARE IDIOTS, EXCLUDING THE NEW GUY K.O. (WHO HAS THE EXPERIENCE AND THE KNOW HOW),WHO THEY HAVE NOT DEALT WITH YET.
NOW TO ADDRESS THE D.R. MOVEMENT, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT IT IS A MOVEMENT, BOWEL MOVEMENT. HOW COULD ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND EVEN CONSIDER AN IGNORANT BUFFOON SUCH AS HE, NO MATTER HOW DESPERATE WE NEED CHANGE, FOR REPRESENTATION. I MEAN GET A GRIP DO YOU EVEN HEAR WHAT YOU'RE SAYING, OR EVEN THINKING. WE WOULD BE BETTER SERVED LEAVING WHAT WE HAVE IN PLACE BEFORE WE MAKE A CHANGE IN THE DIRECTION OF D.R. LET'S SEE FOR EXAMPLE HERE IS WHAT A TYPICAL D.R. NEGOTIATION WOULD BE LIKE.

D.R." EYES BEEN DA POOLICES A LONG TIME NOW WID NO XTRA MONIES FUM YOUSE, I'S NEED MO AND MY UDDA COP MEMBARS TOO."

DISTRICT RESPONSE AS THEY SIT THERE WITH THEIR MOUTHS AGAPE IN DISBELIEF " UMM, A MR. D.R. DO YOU WANT TO PRESENT A FORMAL PROPOSAL REGARDING THE BARGAINING PROPERTIES OF YOUR MEMBERS?

D.R " BARGAINING???? I AINT LOOKIN FO NO BARGANS, WAD U THINK IZE SHOPPIN, I SAID WE NEEDS MO MONIES. WHAT U A FOOL OR SUMTIN, OR U JUST DONT HEAR WELL."

ANYHOW YOU GET THE GIST OF WHAT I'M SAYING. WE OWE IT TO OURSELVES TO MAKE SURE THAT IF WE MAKE A CHANGE THAT IT WILL BE GOOD FOR EVERYONE WHO REMAINS WITH THE SCHOOL POLICE, HOWEVER LONG THAT MAY BE.

10-15-2009, 09:30 PM
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, HERE WE GO AGAIN, THE JOB SUCKS, THE PBA DONT CARE ABOUT US, THE CHIEF SOLD US OUT, THE DISTRICT WONT SHARE THE MONEY, WAA,WAA,WAA,WAA. YOU PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE MATURE ADULTS WHO ARE ENTRUSTED WITH THE RESPONSIBILITY OF PROTECTING THE FUTURE OF THIS STATE AND COUNTRY FOR THAT MATTER; YET YOU NEVER FAIL TO SHOW THE LOW LEVEL OF INTELLECT THAT YOU POSSESS. INSTEAD OF WHINING ABOUT THINGS WE ALREADY KNOW EXIST, HOW ABOUT WE PUT OUR COLLECTIVE HEADS TOGETHER AND COME UP WITH A VIABLE SOLUTION FOR WHAT AILS THIS DEPARTMENT. FOR THOSE OF US WHO CHOSE TO STAY THIS IS A MUST AND FOR THE ONES WHO WANT TO LEAVE, THERE IS NO ONE PREVENTING YOU FROM DOING THAT SO WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE? YES CHANGE IS NOT ONLY NEEDED IT IS WARRANTED!! THE OLD P.B.A REPRESENTATIVES HAVE PROVEN TIME AFTER TIME THAT THEY ARE INCAPABLE OF LEADING US TO WHERE WE BELONG. NOT TO KNOCK THEM BUT QUITE FRANKLY THEY JUST DO NOT HAVE THE MOXY AND SAVVY TO TAKE ON THE LITIGIOUS TYPE THAT THE DISTRICT HAS SPEAKING FOR THEM. IN ORDER FOR US TO GET ANYWHERE WE NEED TO HAVE THE RESPECT OF THE BOARD AND THE LEGAL TEAM THAT REPRESENTS THE DISTRICT AND I CAN EMPHATICALLY TELL YOU THAT THEY THINK OUR CURRENT TEAM ARE IDIOTS, EXCLUDING THE NEW GUY K.O. (WHO HAS THE EXPERIENCE AND THE KNOW HOW),WHO THEY HAVE NOT DEALT WITH YET.
NOW TO ADDRESS THE D.R. MOVEMENT, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT IT IS A MOVEMENT, BOWEL MOVEMENT. HOW COULD ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND EVEN CONSIDER AN IGNORANT BUFFOON SUCH AS HE, NO MATTER HOW DESPERATE WE NEED CHANGE, FOR REPRESENTATION. I MEAN GET A GRIP DO YOU EVEN HEAR WHAT YOU'RE SAYING, OR EVEN THINKING. WE WOULD BE BETTER SERVED LEAVING WHAT WE HAVE IN PLACE BEFORE WE MAKE A CHANGE IN THE DIRECTION OF D.R. LET'S SEE FOR EXAMPLE HERE IS WHAT A TYPICAL D.R. NEGOTIATION WOULD BE LIKE.

D.R." EYES BEEN DA POOLICES A LONG TIME NOW WID NO XTRA MONIES FUM YOUSE, I'S NEED MO AND MY UDDA COP MEMBARS TOO."

DISTRICT RESPONSE AS THEY SIT THERE WITH THEIR MOUTHS AGAPE IN DISBELIEF " UMM, A MR. D.R. DO YOU WANT TO PRESENT A FORMAL PROPOSAL REGARDING THE BARGAINING PROPERTIES OF YOUR MEMBERS?

D.R " BARGAINING???? I AINT LOOKIN FO NO BARGANS, WAD U THINK IZE SHOPPIN, I SAID WE NEEDS MO MONIES. WHAT U A FOOL OR SUMTIN, OR U JUST DONT HEAR WELL."

ANYHOW YOU GET THE GIST OF WHAT I'M SAYING. WE OWE IT TO OURSELVES TO MAKE SURE THAT IF WE MAKE A CHANGE THAT IT WILL BE GOOD FOR EVERYONE WHO REMAINS WITH THE SCHOOL POLICE, HOWEVER LONG THAT MAY BE.

YO MAMA

10-15-2009, 09:32 PM
I beleive the PBA reps are doing all they can, but they need to step up. I am hearing the same thing year afater year. They must keep us in the loop, and if they care, a PBA meeting will be called at a time when most can attend, not on the day before a week of vacation. PBA please address these concerns and advise where our PD is heading. ASK THE PEOPLE WAY ABOVE OUR PAY GRADES WHAT IS IN STORE FOR US! Answer this question and I and most will greatly appreciate what you do. Keep us informed.

10-15-2009, 11:40 PM
If you're with a PBA charter representing you, then you need to ditch them ASAP! Our charter, the Coastal Florida PBA has done nothing for us, just roll over for our local sheriff and he's had his way with us. They don't fight for us, or any of their other members, and their executive board is full of corrupt and lazy goofs who are only interested in one thing, keeping their positions of "power". The president Vince Champion hires inexperienced staff members from his executive director to his attorney and they change both on a regular basis. I'm things are probably similar with your local chapter and I have NOTHING good to say about the PBA!

10-16-2009, 11:45 AM
ITS TIME TO GIVE THE FOP A CHANCE

10-16-2009, 02:43 PM
ITS TIME TO GIVE THE FOP A CHANCE

Get it dun! Get the ball rolling, call the FOP, have them come down and set up a meeting! I am sure they will be happy to, and I am sure many will attend! DO IT!

10-16-2009, 03:05 PM
When are you people going to wake up? It does not matter who you have PBA, FOP, CIA....whatever. The fact remains that Florida is a Right to Work State which means that there are no Unions or binding arbitration. Any organization that represents a mass of individuals is relegated to nothing more than a barking dog with no teeth. This does not mean we stop voicing our displeasure with how underpaid we are. What we have to do is find a group of knowledgeable individuals who can properly articulate what we need and deserve. On other thing I just read the previous post from Dr and against DR. All I will add to that is he is truly one dumb and ignorant drunken fool who will make this department look even more inept and foolish.
DR will go into the negotiation room with an etch-a -sketch as a writing implement. He is truly a buffoon.

10-16-2009, 03:18 PM
I beleive the PBA reps are doing all they can, but they need to step up. I am hearing the same thing year afater year. They must keep us in the loop, and if they care, a PBA meeting will be called at a time when most can attend, not on the day before a week of vacation. PBA please address these concerns and advise where our PD is heading. ASK THE PEOPLE WAY ABOVE OUR PAY GRADES WHAT IS IN STORE FOR US! Answer this question and I and most will greatly appreciate what you do. Keep us informed.
Ask them what!!!! I have a news flash for you, they don't even know what's in store. The big misconception in this department is that everyone thinks that the brass is in the know. Well let me enlighten you a bit. We are kept in the dark just the same as you are. We only know what they want us to know and for the most part myself and others go around feigning that we are in the know but we actually don't have a clue. I know it is easy to point the finger of blame at others, especially when we are faced with situations such as we find ourselves currently in. The fact of the matter is this department exists solely on the wishes of the District and will continue to do so until the District no longer sees a need to finance us. You can make all the noise you want about being under paid, but trust me my friends it is falling on deaf ears. Notice how short handed we are but yet no new hirings. Let's just say that it's budget cuts through attrition. They don't have to lay anyone off when you are leaving by choice. So my friends you may continue blaming the brass for your woes and the ill state of the department, but the truth is we're all in this together.

10-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Ask them what!!!! I have a news flash for you, they don't even know what's in store. The big misconception in this department is that everyone thinks that the brass is in the know. Well let me enlighten you a bit. We are kept in the dark just the same as you are. We only know what they want us to know and for the most part myself and others go around feigning that we are in the know but we actually don't have a clue. I know it is easy to point the finger of blame at others, especially when we are faced with situations such as we find ourselves currently in. The fact of the matter is this department exists solely on the wishes of the District and will continue to do so until the District no longer sees a need to finance us. You can make all the noise you want about being under paid, but trust me my friends it is falling on deaf ears. Notice how short handed we are but yet no new hirings. Let's just say that it's budget cuts through attrition. They don't have to lay anyone off when you are leaving by choice. So my friends you may continue blaming the brass for your woes and the ill state of the department, but the truth is we're all in this together.

-nobody blames the brass, but if the brass dont know, then tell us you dont know!
-PBA REPS refer to aforementioned!
-DR is a fool, but atleast he speaks his mind!
-Not many people *****in about money, more like equipment, tutition reimbursement, a drop of respect.......................

COMMINICATION IS THE KEY PEOPLE!

10-17-2009, 04:02 AM
I read all the posts submitted by you gentlemen and I must say pretty darn snazzy. But let's get somethings correct now. Our PBA reps are not doing the most efficient job possible so why not give them some help. If they are not willing to come to us to find out what we want lets go to them. We know who they are lets flood their emails with items we want addressed. I dont know maybe I'm just thinking like a girl.

10-18-2009, 12:00 AM
I agree with you Madam. Lets do that!

*tutition reimbursement
*better equipment

I have to say though I think the reps we have, forgot what it was once like. They all have patrol cars, stripes, or in a specialized unit. I rather not be represented by these guys. They havent done anything yet, why would their tactics start to work now, especially JH, OMG!! He cant seperate business from personal. EXAMPLE: the Chief is a great man, but if he refuses to help his Officers, he must be challenged, and JH is afriad to do that, so lets get him out ASAP!

Love,

Girl # 2