PDA

View Full Version : Training getting silly...

10-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Does anyone else think training at PCPD is getting rather silly. Seems like there is a new "Task" to comoplete everyday and the fact that they are forcing us to train on an off day and then take off when they require for flex time is just annoying. Think its time for a new training officer and put the current officer in a location he doesnt seem to remember....in a patrol car with a family at home.

10-02-2009, 11:54 AM
So sad that you don't value the training given to you so that you can do a decent job at work. The new training officer is doing his job and trying to afford you the best information and opportunities out there. Maybe you think you know it all but news flash - you don't. Are you one of the people here that never has a hope to move up or around in the department? Sure sounds like it.

10-02-2009, 06:19 PM
LOL...quit *****in. This is a paramilitary work environment and they can schedule you however they want. The entire purpose of the flex schedule was to save costs and the fact that you have to flex one time in 12 months is not a big enough deal to cry like a baby and call people out. He may not have been on patrol for a while but I'm not sure how that affects him making a training schedule. When I looked at the schedule it took me about a week to understand it and I am sure it took him longer to plan it......my squad got the schedule about 2-3 months ago so you should have had more than enough time to plan your "family" time around it.....I'm just glad I get to go home early on my flex day rather than stay late! Suckers!

10-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Cryin' over one day a year???? The current training officer has done nothing but try and improve the department. Instead of milking his job he takes a proactive approach to improving the system and maximizing our training opportunities despite our limited resources in that area. Give the guy a break or step up if you think you could do better. Putting him back on patrol would not be a bad thing because he can work circles around most. Good patrol officer and should be an FTO!

10-02-2009, 08:02 PM
The original poster must have forgot the training officer has a wife and new born baby as well. If you look at the flex schedule the trainers are working 12 hr training days while our officers attend only 6.....wow...your right he is out of touch - give me a break. Last year when my squad had DT training I can distinctly remember 2-3 rookies begging Maurer and Millich for more Defenseive Tactics training. They accomodated. Deal with it and quit listening to the "cool guys" in specialty units and ERT who think they are better than everyone else and train.

10-06-2009, 08:19 PM
I left while back and went to a larger agency. My advice would be not to complain about the training buddy. Grab ahold of it with both hands and eat it up. It is one of the benefits of being with a smaller agency...they have the ability to get the department through training in a much shorter time.

The training at my department is less than adequet and I've had to work hard on my own to try and keep myself sharp...to keep an edge on the street. I WAS BETTER TRAINED WHEN I WAS WITH PLANT CITY. When I was hired with the big agency, they couldn't surprise me with anything I hadn't covered or dealt with at PCPD. BE PROACTIVE IN THE TRAINING...IT MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE SOME DAY.

10-13-2009, 12:25 AM
HE IS RIGHT. SUCK UP THE TRAINING, GET WHAT YOU NEED AND GO TO A BETTER DEPARTMENT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES THAT GETS HIRED ON IN THE SHITHOLE CITY WITH BADCOPS WHO DO BAD THIGSANF GET AWAY WITH IT. :evil: