PDA

View Full Version : New vests

09-29-2009, 02:28 PM
I got my new vest yesterday and when I got it home I weighed it, 8 1/2 lbs. It is the newest thing going, has all the ballistic requirements, but dang, I could wear a case iron skillet on my chest to. I hope the admin got a good deal on these heavy thick vests.

09-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Holy crap! Go get shot and see if that's more comfortable!

09-30-2009, 01:57 AM
Good response. Be thankful that the S.O. is able to buy the vests, back in the day it wasn't such a luxury. The vests are for protection, not comfort, be comfortable after your shift, safe at home with the family.

09-30-2009, 03:53 PM
I got my new vest yesterday and when I got it home I weighed it, 8 1/2 lbs. It is the newest thing going, has all the ballistic requirements, but dang, I could wear a case iron skillet on my chest to. I hope the admin got a good deal on these heavy thick vests.

The new vests are IIIA (3A) and the old ones were IIA (2A). Look it up and learn something prior to making a comment that will get thrown back in your face.

So yeah, there is a little more weight for more protection. The admin probably paid MORE for the new ones.

Will your next gripe be that admin is spending too much money for the new vests?

10-01-2009, 02:54 PM
I believe the original poster was making a comment on a vest. He apparently wasn't thinking about getting it thrown back in his face. Santa Rosa county has the personnel it deserves and the personnel has the county it deserves.

10-02-2009, 12:13 AM
I believe the original poster was making a comment on a vest. He apparently wasn't thinking about getting it thrown back in his face. Santa Rosa county has the personnel it deserves and the personnel has the county it deserves.

No, the comment was made obviously before all of the information was obtained.

Shame on us for throwing it in the poster's face.

So your comment is any different? Crap gets crap?

Shame on you for doing the same. That rotten smell you're pointing out may very well be your own.

10-02-2009, 01:08 AM
WE love to have them.