PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Lets here it for the new FTO's

09-27-2009, 08:52 PM
So,,, are these guys really prepared to face the challenge of training the new people?

09-27-2009, 11:51 PM
I don't know how about you? can u do it? What are you a coffee clatch gossip ? Go join a bridge club and gossip about Madge with dish pan hands.

09-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Nothing against the new selections, but going back 3 years on 390 was BS! Seriouosly?!?!?!?

09-28-2009, 01:55 PM
I thought the selections were lame but predictable. There were at least 2 others way better selections. 390 being one of them. People makes mistakes and learn from them.

09-28-2009, 02:48 PM
I thought the selections were lame but predictable. There were at least 2 others way better selections. 390 being one of them. People makes mistakes and learn from them.

Thanks for that sterling ebonics lesson, however, you forgot the "s" on "peoples."

09-28-2009, 07:06 PM

Here, never. I'm so glad these newbeeies can make FTO. You make a mistake here and you pay forever, it's that simple. It's just amazing how these wet behind the ear guys can train new officers. Four Forty Who????????

09-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Have you hired any new officers this year (09) or are you hiring?
Thanks

09-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Stay away, poor pay, and poor morale

09-29-2009, 03:24 AM
Ignore these fools....most of us are thankful for our employment while we watch many of our friends and relatives struggle to keep and find work.

As for hiring.... yes, we are getting ready to hire 7 new officers in the next few weeks.

09-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Before you start knocking the selection process, know that senior fto's used to either vote you in or out. Kinda like being "made" in the mafia. I feel that all 4 selections will do well in their assignments. I also feel a couple others deserve a chance too. Hopefully another selection will happen in the near future.

09-29-2009, 12:12 PM
The last poster is right, senior FTOs did have a large say in who they thought would be good FTOs, now the process relies less on them and more on who the admin wants. I do like 2 of the selections, 1 I'm not sure of, and the 4th is a shocker. I still think we passed up a couple good officers on that list, who have experience (work and life), knowledge, and know-how. This is a very important position within our agency and should not be handed out lightly. The future of our PD rides with every new recruit they handle, lets try to stay positive and see what happens

09-29-2009, 01:33 PM
token, that's all I can say

09-29-2009, 10:53 PM
It is funny when the process starts information is solicited from senior FTO's. Who are these senior FTO's? Four or five in CIS, a handful in special ops? None it patrol. How is that a fair eval?

09-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Think about it 224 is a senior FTO and he was in patrol when the selection was made .

10-01-2009, 02:10 PM
my point was there are more non patrol fto's doing the evals

10-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Yes, because we all know that only patrol FTO's have any common sense and have actually worked with the officers in the field to fairly and accurately evaluate them.

Officers assigned to patrol are the only decent cops we have. They should get everything, everyone else...nothing... Once you leave patrol for a specialized assignment, you lose all the skills that caused you to be considered for the specialized spot to begin with. After you leave patrol, you are nothing. Patrol should get all funds, specialized assignment personnel should get zero training and run around nude because patrol needs all the clothing money. Specialized personnel can walk to work, after all, they don't do any work anyway. Patrol personnel should get two cars assigned to each because they are just that good.

10-03-2009, 07:12 AM
Very true, I do believe the agency has lost sight in the fact patrol is the back bone of the agency. It is amazing how individuals move thru the rank and file and lose sight of their roots. How people can supervise and put the vice on people when they were the biggest culprits when they started out. Yet a few see themselves in the young officers and give to them but not all.

When you have an adm that was guilty of playing around and being snots,,,, that's what you get. A select few are provided the tokens in order to play the game more than others.

Certain members of the adm need to grow and and remember they need to supervise all members and not just a select few. When one member of the adm wants to criticize driving and yet he drives like a maniac....... and another wants to remain quiet and silent put the screws to people, yet he was fooling around.

So to this they reply to all "Why?, because I can!".... That's a great way to run an agency, to this "I throw the bullshit flag".....

10-03-2009, 06:18 PM
You will find in most all police agencies in the nation that the most senior FTO's are detectives & in specialized positions. That's because they were FTO's before being selected for those positions. Thus, patrol supervisors have the duty to look for officers to be selected for FTO's. To say that all the FTO's are in special positions is true everywhere! That's how most get their start before moving into other positions. It's funny when I look at postings in surrounding departments Largo, Clearwater, PCSO, etc. I see the same bashing about supervisors & admin even Tampa & HCSO, go look for yourself at their postings. So, if you go there will it be better, or are there poison apples in every bunch that gripe no matter what?

10-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Agreed....its an issue of FTO envie...

10-04-2009, 06:02 PM
I would be embarrased & ashamed to work for an agency in which I bashed the admin. This means that I am "forced" to work for an agency that I can't stand, because I can't get hired at another agency that has no problems at all. I just can't figure out why someone so miserable would stay & work at a place where they bash their own bosses? Does it make any sense? If I don't like a place where I work, and if I can't stand the decisions of the admin, I LEAVE, unless I just can't get hired elsewhere, and that says enough. My God, how desperate to work at a place where you are miserable.

10-04-2009, 06:08 PM
I am however embarrassed that I forgot a letter "s" in embarrassed. Why don't they have spell check on these things?

10-05-2009, 12:12 PM
I would be embarrased & ashamed to work for an agency in which I bashed the admin. This means that I am "forced" to work for an agency that I can't stand, because I can't get hired at another agency that has no problems at all. I just can't figure out why someone so miserable would stay & work at a place where they bash their own bosses? Does it make any sense? If I don't like a place where I work, and if I can't stand the decisions of the admin, I LEAVE, unless I just can't get hired elsewhere, and that says enough. My God, how desperate to work at a place where you are miserable.

I agree 100%. That is why I left the PPPD years ago, under the control of Milchan and Hempel. I was glad to see that Chief Thomas did the right thing and went after Hempel. I had no respect for neither of these men.

10-05-2009, 01:50 PM
I agree completely with the last two posters.... It has been a pleasure serving with Chief Thomas and the rest of the admin. Do I agree with all the decisions, ummm nope, but I do believe they have the best interests of us all in mind when they make decisions. You are never gonna agree with your bosses 100% of the time.

If I ever start to feel differently, I will seek employment elsewhere.

10-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Wow someone is very bitter ,if it gets to you that much go and work for Waste Management on the garbage truck ,they pay well and then you can pick and ***** about who's garbage you choose pick up and shout at the trash ,cause obvious you haven't got the balls to go and shout at the people that pi$$ you off, oh well

10-06-2009, 04:54 PM
who gives a s-it

10-08-2009, 01:53 AM
Just because you have put your ten years in does not mean you will be a good FTO. Don't be jealous there is always next time.

10-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Most of the replys to the FTO post were good except for the previous one..Once again an un-named individual has decided to "call out" the ten year officer(s) who put in for FTO and were not selected. Knowing these Officers, I will say this, you are wrong. Those guys don't think they would be good FTO's because they have been here for 10 years. They think they would be good FTO's because they know there jobs and are good at it. Lets look at the 3 whom tou most likely are refering to...One has been here 10 years and has had his share of disciplinary problems. Now if you ask him he will tell you that he is responsible for his own fate here but the majority of us who know him would agree that in part he has been treated un-fairly on a daily basis by this Agency and the Admin..That being said, and I know this first hand as I am not ashamed to say he is a friend, he never expected to be selected wether finishing first or last......So dont say he expected or thinks anything...

The second Officer is also a Good Officer who also knows his job well. He may have had some discipline problems but that was three years ago. When does the agency finally put that bebind the Officer and allow him to move up or on. He was denied a Corporal Position because they state he was "Not Ready"...He is now ready to take the test again and im pretty sure given the list of participants they will revert to his discipline once again regardless of how well he does on the test. He went into the FTO testing with an open mind and was once again turned away for discipline, a tool the Admin loves to use. Again, this Officer expected nothing.

The last officer, what can you say but he loves this Agency, does a great job, is liked by his co-workers. Why he wasn't selected is wayyyy beyond anyones guess..

All three of these Officers would have been great FTO's..So lets not sit here and call these guys out and say they expected to be FTO's due to time on the job..All three would have been great selections and I will say I will take advice and allow any of them to back me up on a call anytime....

10-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Be serious,,,, the Adm here hold a grudge? Never and if you believe that then well you need to come in out of the rain.

10-10-2009, 02:26 AM
Of course, it doesn't sound like your holding a grudge against the admin either....

To the previous poster... discipline falls off your record after a year but only for the following years evaluation use. It doesn't disappear out the file.

Let's face it, there are some "mistakes" that are longer to recover from than others. It is not the discipline... It is what the discipline was for.

10-11-2009, 09:30 PM
just wanted to point out that several posts ago, it seems like alot of of the posts sounded like they were coming from supervisors. Everyone knows their posts, with "if you don't like it leave" or "how can you be so angry working here, you can't get a job elsewhere" or "you don't have the guts to tell your boss in person". I love that last one!!!, we know where that will get you. Gotta love the positive motivation on duty and behind the computer screen. Thanks for the moral support sir, we will try to keep our mouths shut and not have opinions or ideas.

10-11-2009, 11:28 PM
wrote it, I am not a supervisor and I never tried to be one. I just don't understand why anyone who is so upset about their place to work would stay. I work my 10 hours and as long as I do my job the supervisors don't bother me.