PDA

View Full Version : When is FHP going to Honor the DOT Alligator Alley Contract?

09-27-2009, 12:59 PM
How does Naples get away with misusing DOT paid for Alligator Alley units for District patrols all the time?

Now they are breaking up the Alley squads and assigning three to each squad, the two DOT paid for Alligator Alley Project Sergeants are now District Sergeants instead of Alley Sergeants.

The Department of Transportation pays all of the cost of an Alley Sergeant and Trooper, from their equipment including their cars and the maintenance of their cars, the troopers personal equipment i.e. uniforms and such and their salary. There are a total of 14 positions paid 100% by DOT making up two squads that have to patrol the Alley from toll plaza to toll plaza. The squads are to consist of 1-Sergeant and 6-Troopers each totaling 14 positions.

Now the new Captain is tearing apart the DOT paid for squads and placing three alley troopers on each squad, and making the two alley Sergeants District Sergeants instead. This is in direct violation of the DOT contract, DOT has paid to have two full squads assigned to work the Alley each day, instead they are not getting what they have paid for. Alley units are used in the district every day instead of on the alley. District units are forced to work on the alley instead of in the district.

If I was DOT I would pull all of the funding until Czernis starts staffing the Alley as per the contract. It is not right that troopers assigned to work the Naples District have to work wrecks in Broward County, Ft. Lauderdale on the east coast of Florida all the time. Time after time Naples District units are dispatched to a broken down car at the 26 mile marker making the District unit have to drive up to 100 miles one way to check on said car, taking over an hour and half to get there. Then they have that same drive to get back to Naples. So in effect this Captain has District units from Naples traveling 200 miles to check on DAV's.

Many times these calls are dispatched with only an hour to go in the shift or just over an hour to go.

It is time to put the two alley quads back on the Alley like DOT has paid FHP for.

09-27-2009, 05:56 PM
I think your on the wrong message board..Shouldn't you / this post be on FHP's board? Plus we(DOT) already knows OUR money goes to other agencies , you don't need to remind us..

09-29-2009, 02:18 AM
That's correct! DOT gives FHP all these extra duty jobs with our money and they still complain!!! Wrong board,No sympathy here!!

10-06-2009, 04:12 AM
The Alley is a mess. More Troopers/Cops are needed out there. I say just merge FHP and DOT and increase staffing out there.

12-25-2009, 02:41 AM
First, if your gonna post something have the correct facts:
1- Yes, the squads were mixed up, but that was to keep Alley troopers on the alley. Alley assigned troopers were complaining that they had to work within the district when their squad was on duty.
2- THINK- If you have a squad of 5 Alley troopers out and there is a call in the district, who is going.
3 - If you have a mixed squad out, you have district troopers for district calls, and alley troopers for alley calls, during any given shift.
4- The contract only calls for alley enforcement, when it was drawn up, FHP did not limit anything, as calls for service prevail, you wouldnt know anything about that because you DO NOTHING!
5- Quit posting about stuff you have no knowledge of. The contract was just renewed for 5 years.

When we merge were gonna have to train all you DOT, wanna be troopers, who are really not Law Enforcement. Were gonna have to train you in an actual Law Enforcement job when we merge.

Mod 28
12-25-2009, 03:25 AM
A post was deleted by a self proclaimed FHP member. The board is not an agency bashing board. Do not post here if all you are going to do is bash the DOT.

12-25-2009, 04:56 AM
Negative comments about the regime will be removed. All things are good, nothing to see here....move along

Mod 28
12-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Mahmoud,
The moderator of this board is not pro admin of this agency. But it is not going to be a place for troopers to come and bash our agency. And in return posts have deleted from other threads that were bashing FHP. Its simple, read the rules, this is not a bashing board, its a discussion board, so move on.

01-08-2010, 03:56 AM
Mahmoud,
The moderator of this board is not pro admin of this agency. But it is not going to be a place for troopers to come and bash our agency. And in return posts have deleted from other threads that were bashing FHP. Its simple, read the rules, this is not a bashing board, its a discussion board, so move on.

Your self professed MCCO clowns bash us on the Ag board, now I see why...you suppress their opinions in this forum. Perhaps you can go to work for the Iranian Government and check air brakes and log books in Tehran where censorship, and body odor are ways of life.

Mod 28
01-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Um, First of all, I am not a spokesperson for the DOT and wouldnt agree with a DOT guy going to that board or FHP or any other agencies boards just to bash them, so if there are DOT officers who are VIOLATING THE TERMS OF USE OF THE WEBSITE, and only going there to bash your agency and making unsubstantiated allegations, then they deserve to have their message deleted too, but you will need to go complain to the Ag Boards moderator. I dont have control over that board.

Second, I have looked at those messages you say are bashing your agency. The DOT guy asked a question, that was substantiated by several Ag officers on the board as being true and bashing their own agency for not helping our guys out. So maybe you should stop trying to be a terrorist by cause all destruction possible wherever you go no matter the consequence Mahmoud.

Have a nice day, and Happy New Year to you too.

01-10-2010, 05:32 PM
You know, somewhere in Iran, right now at this moment, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is actually reading this and laughing his a** off... :snicker:

01-10-2010, 06:35 PM
You know, somewhere in Iran, right now at this moment, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is actually reading this and laughing his a** off... :snicker:

Probably not today, as it is a holy day in the land of Allah

01-26-2010, 03:30 AM
That's correct! DOT gives FHP all these extra duty jobs with our money and they still complain!!! Wrong board,No sympathy here!!

I happened to come across this thread from a Google search I was doing for something completely different. However, I had to laugh when I read how FHP gets YOUR money. As a trooper, I am well aware of the DOT-funded programs such as the Alley and I-4. I've also heard other DOT officers mention how DOT money pays for everything. Where do you think DOT gets THEIR money? As a citizen, I don't recall ever going to my local DOT office to give them any money. However, I do renew my tags every year. One might think that money would stay with DHSMV, right? Take a look at F.S. 320.20 Disposition of license tax moneys. Specifically this subsection (2):

"Twenty-five million dollars per year of such revenues must be deposited in the State Transportation Trust Fund, with priority use assigned to completion of the interstate highway system. However, any excess funds may be utilized for general transportation purposes, consistent with the Department of Transportation's legislatively approved objectives."

That's just one little piece that comes from OUR department. So thank you for giving us some of it back for us to use.

I like all of the DOT guys in my area. We rely on each other for back up and for questions we may have. I would prefer that we merge, along with FWC and FDLE to form a Department of Public Safety. There would be a lot less brass and more money for our pay.

Be safe brothers.

01-26-2010, 06:50 AM

I happened to come across this thread from a Google search I was doing for something completely different. However, I had to laugh when I read how FHP gets YOUR money. As a trooper, I am well aware of the DOT-funded programs such as the Alley and I-4. I've also heard other DOT officers mention how DOT money pays for everything. Where do you think DOT gets THEIR money? As a citizen, I don't recall ever going to my local DOT office to give them any money. However, I do renew my tags every year. One might think that money would stay with DHSMV, right? Take a look at F.S. 320.20 Disposition of license tax moneys. Specifically this subsection (2):

"Twenty-five million dollars per year of such revenues must be deposited in the State Transportation Trust Fund, with priority use assigned to completion of the interstate highway system. However, any excess funds may be utilized for general transportation purposes, consistent with the Department of Transportation's legislatively approved objectives."

That's just one little piece that comes from OUR department. So thank you for giving us some of it back for us to use.

I like all of the DOT guys in my area. We rely on each other for back up and for questions we may have. I would prefer that we merge, along with FWC and FDLE to form a Department of Public Safety. There would be a lot less brass and more money for our pay.

Be safe brothers.

I prefer we merge as well

03-25-2010, 12:08 AM
To the original post, if you have knowledge of the alleged contract fraud or misconduct, consider notifying OIG investigations @ 850.410.5800.