PDA

View Full Version : LEO expecting Discounts

09-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Has anyone heard about the officer in Region 1 that showed out in a restaurant because he did not get a discount on his food? My thing is this is a courtesy not a guarantee. From the things being heard this way is that the Sheriffs from 2 counties near there were contacted. One Sheriff looked at the tape and discovered it was not a deputy but supposably an Ag Officer. As if it is not difficult enough to gain the respect of other agencies one of our officers goes out and pulls a stunt like that. It is embarrassing and unprofessional. I hear that the Region 1 Captain likes writing up people for petty stuff I wonder what he will do about this or if it will be swept under the rug. Since it is something that needs to be confronted.

09-20-2009, 01:46 AM
New officer? Old officer? Name? Initials? Give us details. Is he/she in the "click"? That will determine how its handled. Sounds as if they need an around the corner talk.

There is a Sgt. in that area that will show out because he does not want the discount.

There were some on 75 years ago that would fill up two huge cups with soda at the S&S 2-4 times a shift. They got us all cut off for a while. One used to eat three meals a day at the Mickey D's inside in uniform for half price, that got us cut off there.

The few ruin it for all.

09-20-2009, 12:39 PM
My understanding of who it was has been here 3 to 4 years but is great friends with the disgraced ex-Lt. so they feel it will be swept under the rug. Everyone that says anything about him says that he has god like complex once the uniform hits his back. Believes he is untouchable becuase of his friendship and the training he got from this great leader. Don't know why. That area says that neither one of them know what is going on.

09-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Ah, MG. Yep it will be swept under the rug. Wish we could get the video. Post it up to Youtube for all to see what an arse he really is. Plus Cpt. Redman only likes to write up those that do a real LEO's job, MG does the roadguard job, NOTHING! In the eyes of local brass he is a rising star, frightening ain't it.

09-21-2009, 08:50 AM
I think this kinda thing reaches as far as 75 probably as far as 95....something like this will be swept but dont le me find you not doing your cleaning...you will be written up!

10-03-2009, 12:48 AM
HH @ Station 4 is the man in question. Not MG.

10-16-2009, 06:59 PM
shouldn't expect nothing...even if you are a retired trooper????

10-17-2009, 02:46 AM
http://www.paranormalunderground.net/site/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/cartmanmotivator-300x165.jpg

I WANT MY DISCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!!!!!

10-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Cartman...now there's a REAL cop!

10-18-2009, 11:36 PM
shouldn't expect nothing...even if you are a retired trooper????

Not HURST!

10-19-2009, 09:09 PM
If you do not have the money in your pocket to cover the full price then do not place the order expecting/hoping for a discount. If you get one be thankful and move on. Make sure you tell the cashier "Thank You".

10-19-2009, 11:36 PM
If you do not have the money in your pocket to cover the full price then do not place the order expecting/hoping for a discount. If you get one be thankful and move on. Make sure you tell the cashier "Thank You".

I thought gratuties were unathorized and illegal for law enforcement officers to accept on duty? Sounds like someone needs retraining in professionalism and ethics of being a law enforcement officer.

10-20-2009, 01:14 AM
Arguing for a discount is just as bad as arguing against one. If they give you one are you going to create a scene telling them how you do not want it? That is no different than an officer creating a scene because they did not get one.

Furthermore you need to read and comprehend the policy listed below as it relates to the topic of this posting.

14.3 GIFTS
Per DACS Policy 1-1, Conflicts of Interest, the single exception to the prohibition of an employee
accepting gifts would be the acceptance of food or beverage where the food or beverage is
consumed at a single sitting or event, and where the value of the food or beverage does not
exceed $100.

So you see it is not against any policy, not unethical, or unprofessional to accept a discount if is offered. To ask for, request, or demand it is an different story.

10-27-2009, 05:15 AM

I thought gratuties were unathorized and illegal for law enforcement officers to accept on duty? Sounds like someone needs retraining in professionalism and ethics of being a law enforcement officer.

ILLEGAL? Are you kidding... Maybe ....Possibly.....If you could somehow prove that me paying $4 instead of $8 for my already overpriced value meal somehow altered my decision on weather or not I was going to arrest you for bringing bad fruit into the state.

Big defferance between gratuity and bribes, or compensations.

Now if the waitress was trying to give me a BJ while in uniform...it might be a problem, although I cant see the where it might violate policy as long as its not worth more than $100 buck. :wink:

10-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey alumni don't know how to do that fancy crap about placing your message in mine but the "defference" in you and the mammals that walk up right is...wait for it..... the size of your mind that you keep in your pants. Keep dragging your knuckles you might make it past the window! BJ on this..... :devil: