PDA

View Full Version : You should ALL be embarassed

09-19-2009, 07:18 PM
I am appauled by the topics, discussions and general unprofessional behavior being exhibited by all the participants on this message board.

As a citizen of this beautiful city, just me be very brief. This message board has gotten around to the everyday Joe, which is how I found it, I was told "Hey, you want to read the funniest crap ever? Go to the Cape Coral section of the LEO boards, it looks like a middle school message board".

You are ALL being laughed at as a Department more than you know. You are quickly losing the respect of the community that you need to have in order to effectivly govern and uphold the law within the community.

You should all be thoroughly embarassed by your juvenile antics and the unprofessional attitudes being displayed on a public forum.

If you have issues, be big boys and girls and have the balls to face one another privately. You would never make it in a real department, and neither would your Chief or his Deputies for allowing this type of thing to go on.

James.

09-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Well said

09-19-2009, 09:27 PM
This kind of nonsense has been going on for a long time. An external agency really needs to investigate the department. Start at the top.

09-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Mr Jim V said --As a citizen of this beautiful city, just me be very brief. This message board has gotten around to the everyday Joe, which is how I found it, I was told "Hey, you want to read the funniest crap ever? Go to the Cape Coral section of the LEO boards, it looks like a middle school message board".

First this is not a city web city and anyone can post anything they want, I will bet most of these folks are not cops.
:devil:

09-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Mr Jim V said --As a citizen of this beautiful city, just me be very brief. This message board has gotten around to the everyday Joe, which is how I found it, I was told "Hey, you want to read the funniest crap ever? Go to the Cape Coral section of the LEO boards, it looks like a middle school message board".

First this is not a city web city and anyone can post anything they want, I will bet most of these folks are not cops.
:devil:

I never said it was a City run web site.

And your saying people can post what they want is exactly my point. In my opinion they shouldn't be posting any of this garbage.

And as for them not being cops, they most certainly are. The details about specific events and names are real.

09-20-2009, 05:02 AM
I understand the part about writing on a public forum, but where else can they share anonymously? These problems in law enforcement are real. When people within a department are allowed to get away with what would be investigatable and sometimes arrestable crimes for anyone else, it makes the entire department toxic. It's a bad deal for the majority of good officers. And I can tell you that the majority of the men and women serving the Cape Coral community are good people. The problem is that those who are rotten are allowed to continue along because they are related to someone, sleeping with someone, or know something about someone else that keeps their messes covered up. It is a toxic environment.

And in reality - who do you tell? How do you let others know you need help when one of the people you might complain about is the son of the chief of police? What happens when you complain and are passed over for promotions, etc. and the scum bags who think they are somehow above not only the law, but general rules for promotion, etc. within an agency get away with all of it time and time again?

It is a known fact that law enforcement is a career where isolation is a problem, where alcoholism is rampant and suicide is well known because of the stressful situations they must deal with daily. It's a shame that the department, instead of being a support, is a source of this stress. These officers need to have somewhere to go.

Instead of getting angry with those complaining, step up for them and support them. Be thankful that there are officers who are disgusted with all criminal acts. Those are they law enforcement officers I want protecting me. Cape Coral, you are lucky to have the men and women on the department who are angry about these acts. Instead of being angry that they are on here, give them a break and let them vent a bit.

If you come on a board like this where you can share with others - no guarantee they are officers - and they write about it without fear of retribution.

09-20-2009, 05:03 AM
I understand the part about writing on a public forum, but where else can they share anonymously? These problems in law enforcement are real. When people within a department are allowed to get away with what would be investigatable and sometimes arrestable crimes for anyone else, it makes the entire department toxic. It's a bad deal for the majority of good officers. And I can tell you that the majority of the men and women serving the Cape Coral community are good people. The problem is that those who are rotten are allowed to continue along because they are related to someone, sleeping with someone, or know something about someone else that keeps their messes covered up. It is a toxic environment.

And in reality - who do you tell? How do you let others know you need help when one of the people you might complain about is the son of the chief of police? What happens when you complain and are passed over for promotions, etc. and the scum bags who think they are somehow above not only the law, but general rules for promotion, etc. within an agency get away with all of it time and time again?

It is a known fact that law enforcement is a career where isolation is a problem, where alcoholism is rampant and suicide is well known because of the stressful situations they must deal with daily. It's a shame that the department, instead of being a support, is a source of this stress. These officers need to have somewhere to go.

Instead of getting angry with those complaining, step up for them and support them. Be thankful that there are officers who are disgusted with all criminal acts. Those are they law enforcement officers I want protecting me. Cape Coral, you are lucky to have the men and women on the department who are angry about these acts. Instead of being angry that they are on here, give them a break and let them vent a bit.

If you come on a board like this where you can share with others - no guarantee they are officers - and they write about it without fear of retribution.

09-20-2009, 01:46 PM
if you look at the other depts. mesage boards they are all the same. it seems most leos are just a bunch of wineing little *****es, "he said, she said".They need to shut up and do their jobs, because crime is out of control.

09-20-2009, 02:19 PM
The Joe Q. Citizen that attacks out Dept. is no better than the trash talking idiots using it to spread hate and discontent on this web site. Do us good cops a favor Joe, make this a public issue with the people that put the Chief and all his command in power! There are a lot of us still around that remember when we had the respect of the City and most importantly its citizens. I wish we could get back to that, but we can't without your help. Start with the City Manager!!!

09-20-2009, 05:49 PM
The Joe Q. Citizen that attacks out Dept. is no better than the trash talking idiots using it to spread hate and discontent on this web site. Do us good cops a favor Joe, make this a public issue with the people that put the Chief and all his command in power! There are a lot of us still around that remember when we had the respect of the City and most importantly its citizens. I wish we could get back to that, but we can't without your help. Start with the City Manager!!!

Amen - you said it.