PDA

View Full Version : Patrol cars/rest areas

09-15-2009, 06:29 AM
During the rest area shift change process with an officer from your department the other night he and I were talking I noticed the paint on the patrol car peeling and huge patches missing showing the gray primer. I asked the officer about it and he said "that's what they give us to drive, can't complain or they may take it away and we will not be able to work rest areas anymore". I was floored that a department with any kind of budget could not come up with anything better for their officers to drive than that. I mean with all of the tourists driving through the rest areas that will see that patrol car and wonder what kind of two bit outfit is this. Not trying to bash, just stating facts. There has to be cars sitting some where that are in better shape than that. It does not promote a positive image of your department to the public.

I think the officer stated that he picked the car up in Branford.

Thanks for your departments's help in covering the rest areas, it really helps out a lot.

09-15-2009, 12:17 PM
I bet no brass knows about the vehicle's paint. I'm sure the agency would not want a vehicle like that out in the public's view representing our agency. If it is a new ford then they have had issues with the paint coming off and need to have it taking to the dealer. Probaly the officer just don't want to deal with it. I bet it will be safe to say your won't see that vehicle out much longer.

09-15-2009, 03:03 PM
You want to bet, it was picked by the brass.

09-15-2009, 08:22 PM
The brass comes by every few months and damages our cars on purpose. they can't stand to see us have anything nice.

We have had a dozen repainted already, let HB know about it.

09-15-2009, 08:25 PM
I know for a fact that it has written on the vehicle checklist because I wrote it. The car in question is OLD it was used in training in Tally about 3 years back and even has painball splatter in it.

More than likely the officer did not want to rock the boat to much and not be able to work rest areas anymore. Most are just grateful to be able to make some extra money in these trying times.

09-15-2009, 08:29 PM
I can also tell you for a fact Cpt. Hingson knows about it, has looked at it and commented numerous times. But he does not want those officers working the rest areas anyway. Neither does Rutherford.

09-15-2009, 08:34 PM
In 3 years you have not cleaned your car??? That says alot about you.

Just sit on your a** and complain.

09-15-2009, 08:47 PM
In 3 years you have not cleaned your car??? That says alot about you.

Just sit on your a** and complain.

UM it's in the fabric and headliner, it will not come out, we have tried. Do you have a shampoo vac we can borrow, or how about providing us with some carpet shampoo? I have asked and was told not to worry about it, I still tried to clean it to no avail. It had been in there for about a year when we got it.

I guess all you have to do is sit and a computer and put others down. That says alot about you.

09-15-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm on the way.

09-16-2009, 12:59 AM
Who cares, it all pays the same and we don't make no payments on da patrol car Gomer!
We aint spending additional tax dollars just so them boys have a nice new car to work off duty details. Day be pool cars not show cars! I'd ride a bicycle to make that kinda money sitting on my butt doing nothing for a shift talking to the tourist.

Heres a tax cut thought, close all rest areas from dusk till dawn.

09-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Here is an idea, get Hooked on Phonics, you really need it.

10-17-2009, 02:41 AM
9 new Chargers coming, 2 for each Interstate and one for Rutherford. WTF does he need a new one for? I guess to drive to the hawg trough for lunch. Squeal boy squeal.

Maybe they will give ya'll a new old car and retire the current old one.

10-17-2009, 07:26 PM
What does it matter about the so called new cars, you will spit in them, spill coffee on the seats leave your McDonalds rappers stuck under the seats. I would hate to see your homes. They will be new as long as they are driving to the interstate give em one day they will be trashed by 7am. You fight over who has to clean them on Saturday, and why you have to wash and clean them and then why you can't take them to the car wash, because you are too good to wash them. Or they did it at another station. What would you do if you got to take it home? Trash it too probably. Whatever new, look at the shacks it took everyone one week to trash the "new" counters and tile. :devil:
Wow the truth hurts when it is real and the slop you people sling on this site.