09-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Who would you report this to in ZPD?

09-11-2009, 01:58 AM
Problem with a Patrol Officer?

09-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Yes, problem with a patrol officer -- night squad

09-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Yes, problem with a patrol officer -- night squad
Hey, Tattletale. Why dont you be a real man and tell him to his face what your problem is. Instead, you go running to tattletale because youre too much of a gutless worm to have a real debate.
Maybe you should strap on a gunbelt and fight the crazed street thugs and the drug-addict trailer trash. Maybe you should work all night with your adrenaline cranked up and then try to fall asleep in the morning.
Or maybe you should just say thank you and move along as you enjoy the safety he provides for you.
ps. youre welcome.

09-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Plain and simple, you're an a**.

Do me a favor and don't reply back to my posts.

09-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Plain and simple, you're an a**.

Do me a favor and don't reply back to my posts.

Oh I'm sorry...did I hurt the little baby's feelings? Cry, little baby, cry.

The reality that youre a gutless coward hurts, huh?

09-12-2009, 02:10 AM
Like I said, you're an a** plain and simple.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are a fool than to open it and remove any lingering doubt.

No worries, there is no lingering doubts about you being a fool since you can't keep your mouth shut.

Also, grow up and I've shed no tears over you or your posts because I couldn't careless what you have to say nor are you getting under my skin. So, why don't you crawl back into that little hole of yours that you call your home.

Again, please don't feel the need to respond to any of my posts.

Back to my original question, who in ZPD would you report conduct unbecoming of a police officer, would it be the Chief who I need to speak with?

I am not a police officer but did have an encounter with one of your officers at night that I feel needs to be addressed by ZPD.

Also, if the idiot who goes by bionic elbow to the neck is an actual cop, ZPD does have serious issues among their police officers and some anger management and classes on how to address civilians would definitely be in order for this person.

09-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Idiot Said: "It’s better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are a fool than to open it and remove any lingering doubt."

Gee, never heard that one before. Real original. Attacking me with cornball cliches.

If you're gonna come on here and whine because an officer didn't kiss your a$$, then give some details about where/when it occurred so we can give you the correct information regarding which office to call. A little more details about what your complaint is and maybe we can save you from embarrassing yourself if the complaint is rubbish.

09-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Elbow to the neck, I assure you, I don't need your help and my complaint is not rubbish.

I don't want to go into details here since this is a public forum. I guess I'll just call ZPD and find out myself.

09-12-2009, 09:38 PM
We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
-----George Orwell

09-13-2009, 12:50 AM
Let's just hope that the "men" that are doing the protecting are actually doing their job and not sitting in some parking lot playing games on their computers. :devil: :devil:

09-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Actually, the city needs to do some house cleaning because there seems to be a bad "rat" problem at ZPD.

09-13-2009, 11:17 PM
Actually, the city needs to do some house cleaning because there seems to be a bad "rat" problem at ZPD.

I agree! The three I've seen are one squad! Guess what squad? Sounds to me to be a supervisor issue.

09-13-2009, 11:50 PM

This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to this department.

This department needs a major overhaul and not like the one that was seen when Chief Barnes was terminated or resigned whichever term you want to call it.

The city needs to review this department from the top down and make sure that the personnel records are reviewed for accuracy along with the police incident/reports.

Something's not right in this department and I think it had a lot more to do then with just Barnes and Perrault.

I think that the terminating of Barnes and the resgination of Perrault was just a temporary bandaide to the actual problem and not an actual fix to the entire problem at hand.

09-14-2009, 02:56 AM

Getting rid of what you call rats isnt the kind of cleaning needed. What needs to be rooted out are the kinds of officers who would participate in a cover-up of unprofessional behavior. You call them rats but real professionals call those people loyal, model employees.

There should be point system for turning in unprofessional officers. The person with the most points automatically gets the next desired promotion or transfer. That's the best way to make professionalism a way of life.

09-14-2009, 01:11 PM

Getting rid of what you call rats isnt the kind of cleaning needed. What needs to be rooted out are the kinds of officers who would participate in a cover-up of unprofessional behavior. You call them rats but real professionals call those people loyal, model employees.

There should be point system for turning in unprofessional officers. The person with the most points automatically gets the next desired promotion or transfer. That's the best way to make professionalism a way of life.

If there are police officers who are covering up unproffesional behavior, you begin to wonder who is the criminal and who is the officer. There is such thing as accessory after the fact.

Sad day indeed when you can't tell the difference between a criminal and a police officer.

09-14-2009, 03:25 PM

Actually we already have kinda the same system in place now. It's a little modified though. Basically it's how far you can stick your head up the captain's a$$ and back stab your peers. It has worked very well for some lately.

09-14-2009, 03:38 PM
You obviously don't have a college degree with your lack of understanding.
Obeying the rules doesn't mean you have your head up anyone's butt. It means you respect the agency and your leaders.
You call it backstabbing but professional LEOs call it loyalty to the community and to the agency. Rule enforcement is just as important as law enforcement. Often times that means telling on people. If you don't have the courage to tell on people who break the rules then you should be fired.

09-14-2009, 03:43 PM
The ongoing problems at ZPD.

It is like a soap opera "As the World Turns at ZPD" :snicker: :snicker:

09-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Obeying the rules doesn't mean you have your head up anyone's butt. It means you respect the agency and your leaders.
You call it backstabbing but professional LEOs call it loyalty to the community and to the agency. Rule enforcement is just as important as law enforcement. Often times that means telling on people. If you don't have the courage to tell on people who break the rules then you should be fired.

Professional Leo, you have it wrong, they state they have a degree, but if you dig, you'll find out they don't. This goes along with some employment date gaps also.

This is why ZPD needs to run all their officers back through their background checks and verify all the information that every officer put on their application. I am beginning to wonder if the officers they hire are even put through a background screening to see if there is truth to what is put on an application.

I am not pointing anyone out, but you can bet, there is more then one officer who has falsified their employment application.

09-14-2009, 04:34 PM
If you are sure about this then maybe FDLE should get involved. A good audit would put any of this to rest true or false.

09-14-2009, 04:44 PM
I would highly suggest a good audit from FDLE on many different levels. ZPD should welcome that audit.

09-14-2009, 10:27 PM
WTF?

09-14-2009, 10:51 PM
I think what Professional LEO is trying to say is, if you aren't willing to turn in another police officer for any wrong doing, then how can the community or your fellow brothers/sisters trust you in doing what is right when you are out on patrol and dealing with civilians.

By turning a blind eye or refusing to report any misconduct of another officer when you are aware that it is true misconduct is almost as bad as being the officer who actually committed the offense.

You're doing no one a favor by not reporting it and you are actually doing a misjustice to the community who relies on you to uphold the laws and who holds a police officer to a higher standard then a normal civilian because of the position that they hold and the authority that they are given.

It is not a given right to have the authority that police officers have, it is a privilege and one that can be taken away at any time.

09-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Ok but what does a degree have to do with it? How many officers in your dept. actually have degrees? Are the ones who have degrees better officers than the others? Of course turning in a crooked officer is all of our duty but where do you draw the line between brotherhood and snitch? We have to trust each other and sometimes in this job the people need us to get the job done. No one is perfect including you and we all make mistakes so get off your high horse.

09-14-2009, 11:42 PM
No one said anyone was perfect, don't put words in my mouth.

A degree basically means you're trainable, you put your time in and were rewarded with a degree. Is a police officer with a degree more valuable then one without one, it depends. Does experience outway a degree, again it depends.

A person who has obtained a degree should be recognized for that degree and it should impact any promotion he or she may received. They did their time in college and should be rewarded for it. Is this the only thing that should be weighed when considering a promotion, no, but it should be considered and that is really only fair for the amount of time they put in to obtain that degree.

I understand the whole "brotherhood" theory and that you need to rely on each other because of the jobs you hold, but relying and letting another officer get away with misconduct is two different things.

Do you really think you can rely on someone who engages in apparent misconduct? How do you actually know they are going to give you the back up you may need? It's a nice theory, the "brotherhood", but like a lot of theories, sometimes it doesn't hold water and shouldn't necessarily be counted on as a given.

09-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Nevermind. It's hard trying to have a conversation with a robot. You are definately one of the "new" generation of police officers. Uses no common sense and does only what the rule book says to do right? Make sure you really watch all those guys you work with out there and turn'em in for saying a curse word or not wearing their seatbelt etc. As a matter of fact make it so tense around the job that your peers are afraid to make a decision and get hurt or killed because of worry you might tell on them. It's OK though, you will look good because that's all that really matters right?

09-15-2009, 12:20 AM
Guest, I'm not talking about a slight infraction here. I am referring to misconduct that a police officer would know was wrong, but by all means, turn a blind eye to someone just because they're a "cop".

I wonder if that would hold water to a judge in court. Yes, your Honor, I know what he/she did was wrong, but your Honor, I didn't say anything about it because he/she is my brother and I may need him/her someday to back me up. Good luck with that one!

It's called having integrity and either you have it or you don't.

09-15-2009, 12:46 AM
I would like to think that our force doesn't have a "curruption" problem. I can't think of any instance where there was a blantant violation where somewhere it wasnt' told or corrected. Obviously for a few of us the correction took longer than it should have.

But this isn't Hollywood. It's Zephyrhills and right is right. There is no excuse for blatant rule breaking no matter how thick or thin the blue line is. I believe that of my brothers too. If I was breaking the law, i guess I would expect that one of my fellow officers would eventually turn me in because I would of them. I care for them that much that i would cause their correction before someone got hurt. fortunately though I don't see that happening here at zpd. our force wouldn't blantantly hurt another.

Instead, we have a few that are angry. they are angry at their own life and career and don't understand the process and don't yet know to look inward. So they look for others to blame their misery on. Thier misery brings them here.

But we shouldn't turn a blind eye to how corruption begins. It begins when two or three begin to think that others owe them for their service in the night and so they take advantages not authorized. It starts with a poor mouth, a bad attitude, a skipped report and free drink. That's where it starts. We don't have to tattle tale, but we don't need to accept it either. stand up for eachother and let's police ourselves against the misery that brings about misery.

09-15-2009, 01:10 AM
Guest, very well written... I agree with a few of your points, you're right, misery loves company.

But I do want to point out that not everyone who posts on this board is an actual police officer. I am not a police officer, but my job begins after you have done your job. I rely on police officers to do their jobs correctly and efficiently so I can do my job.

09-15-2009, 01:27 AM
I suspected as much.

But that is why I felt compelled to break "radio" silence and respond to you. At least to illustrate that there are many of us who feel strongly about what the thin blue line really means which is to stand up for RIght against wrong whether it's in our community or in our own ranks. I say again, that I don't believe there is wrong in our ranks, just immaturity.

Not to be overly dramatic, but we also owe it to the thousands of those who have fallen before us doing the job right.

I appreciate your intelligent correspondence here and I wanted to meet you with at least some sentement among the many of us who feel the way you do. We do have a good agency with some growing pains. I doubt that I will respond to too much going on here in this forum and must leave you with yet again the idiocracy that plagues our generation of hackers.

Unfortunately, it's otherwise hard to tell who the posters are among us except when it is mentioned of corruption and/or hurting another. Only then will you see a true cop post to defend the issue.

09-15-2009, 12:45 PM
On the topic of a college degrees, you make some valid points but I hardly think that having one should give you any more potential for promotions or special assignments. I do agree that someone who finishes their continued education says something about their discipline and drive but have you seen what colleges are graduating lately? How is it that people want to reward college grads but you made no mention of points that definitely should be given to men and women who have proven themselves in the most honorable and courageous way, the Armed Services. It floors me that the service people, especially in this day and age wouldn't be given the same considerations then the college grads. Give me a veteran that has proved themselves in so many different ways versus someone that they could drag themselves unshaven half-awake and probably still drunk into a class. Don't get me wrong, I am not painting all college grads with the same brush but no one can tell the difference between the good bad and ugly looking at their diplomas. The armed services on the other hand keeps very detailed records. Administrators, please base your considerations for advancement on all factors such as degrees, military along with their "Whole" work record. That would make sense and be fair and if you want to be respected around here, do the right thing. Bring your thinking up to 2009 forward thinking so we can get past the "Good Ole Boy" perception we still have, and quite frankly some administrators still utilize.

09-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Give equal points for military service relative to formal education??? You've GOTTA be kidding. A college degree makes one more professional, business-like, and presentable. While we respect and appreciate our military veterans, there is no comparison. Too many military people come out with tattoos and a smoking habit, both of which are things of the past in law enforcement.

When I speak of telling on people, I mean things such as seatbelt violations and taking too long on meal breaks just as much as I mean things such as planting evidence etc. Take care of little problems before they become big problems.

09-15-2009, 01:30 PM
On the topic of a college degrees, you make some valid points but I hardly think that having one should give you any more potential for promotions or special assignments. I do agree that someone who finishes their continued education says something about their discipline and drive but have you seen what colleges are graduating lately? How is it that people want to reward college grads but you made no mention of points that definitely should be given to men and women who have proven themselves in the most honorable and courageous way, the Armed Services. It floors me that the service people, especially in this day and age wouldn't be given the same considerations then the college grads. Give me a veteran that has proved themselves in so many different ways versus someone that they could drag themselves unshaven half-awake and probably still drunk into a class. Don't get me wrong, I am not painting all college grads with the same brush but no one can tell the difference between the good bad and ugly looking at their diplomas. The armed services on the other hand keeps very detailed records. Administrators, please base your considerations for advancement on all factors such as degrees, military along with their "Whole" work record. That would make sense and be fair and if you want to be respected around here, do the right thing. Bring your thinking up to 2009 forward thinking so we can get past the "Good Ole Boy" perception we still have, and quite frankly some administrators still utilize.

I can definitely understand your point about veterans . I, myself, am married to one, but even being married to one, they do and should not have the same leverage as a person with a college degree.

They are two different things. What you are referring to is known as "life experience" in the military and while some of this experience does give you credit towards a degree, this experience alone does not give you a degree. You still have to do the time just like everyone else.

I actually attended college on a military installation and sat with a bunch of men and woman who had worked full 12 hour shifts only to be sitting in class with them. They were exhausted, but again, they were their to do their time and get their degree. They didn't ask the instructor for any special accomodations due to they were military or worked horrendous hours, they were there and were doing what was required of any student to obtain a degree.

09-15-2009, 01:51 PM
[quote="Professional LEO"]Give equal points for military service relative to formal education??? You've GOTTA be kidding. A college degree makes one more professional, business-like, and presentable. While we respect and appreciate our military veterans, there is no comparison.

Professional LEO, I agree with the above.

I find the people who complain about the unfairness of treatment of people with college degrees are the ones that do not have a degree themselves. It's really simple, go to school, sit in the classes, do your work and get a degree. Anyone can do it, you just have to make time to do it.

09-15-2009, 04:33 PM
I have seen cops with degrees that are very good and some that are very bad. I have seen cops without degrees that are very good and some very bad. Get off the degree thing already. I happen to have a degree but it does not make you a better cop or manager just because you have it. This post started as a very important issue.....the difference between snitching to get ahead and turning in a crappy cop. We only have each other out there and we have to trust each other.....to do the right thing. Stop being such a pencil neck paper cop and just be a cop. I would bet you break 10 rules before your first hour of any shift and probably don't even realize it. Of course if you see a cop planting evidence turn his crooked a$$ in. But, don't knit pick the guys to death and micro manage them into the ground. Police work is a common sense blue collar job. Yes, we sometimes need a little professional intervention but, just remember the next time you have some drunk 250 pound guy on top of you pounding you face in.......I'll be there and use "proper" restraint techniques. I'll also make sure you use the proper use of force and turn you in if you don't. Or maybe if you curse at him while he's beating you.....that's unacceptable I'll have to turn you in.

09-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Guest, I take it, you missed my post about me not being a cop. If you did, go back and read through the posts again.

Here's the thing, in any job field, having a degree doesn't make you any better, but it does give you an advantage over the competition and rightfully so. Again, you did your time and were rewarded with a degree.

If you were to put two candidates right next to each other and they had similar personnel files regarding awards, length of service, etc., I'm sorry to tell you that the one with the college degree would probably get the job/promotion because of having that one piece that gives them the edge over the other applicant. But also, you can't have a degree from some fly by night college or institution, it has to be an accedited institution.

Being a cop, you chose a field that is scrutinized by the general public, you should have known that from the get go. You also chose a field that is generally underpaid, again, you should have known that from the get go - no surprises there.. The general public pays your wages, as you know, and they have a tendancy to feel that since they do this,they have a say so.

Sure you risk your lives on a daily basis, but there are other occupations that also risk their lives on a daily basis, firefighters, emts, doctors, etc -- again, you should have known this before you got into this field.

Listen, for any infraction that you can give a warning or possibly write a ticket for, you better be following and abiding by those same rules otherwise it is a matter of do what I say and not what I do. How do you go about writing a ticket or giving a warning for someone not wearing a seatbelt if you your self are driving up to that car without a seatbelt?

It's pretty simple, follow the rules, do your job and by all means if you see a cop doing something that is pretty evident that is law breaking or conduct that is not becoming of a police officer, report them.

This isn't snitching as some like to call it, it's called doing your job and doing what your community expects and pays you to do. There is no "brotherhood" bond in allowing another human being, cop or no cop, a free pass in breaking any laws or being involved in any conduct that is misconduct especially when that person is fully aware of their actions and is trying to get by on "professional courtesy".

09-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Fine! I expect you to turn me in if I break rules! Just don't be crying when I or another real cop turns YOU in.
It is laughable when you people try to make the case that fist-fighting skills are the most important thing in law enforcement. Honestly, how often do you get in a knock-down drag-out fight? I don't mean the neighborhood drunkard pulling away from you so you put him on the floor. I don't mean the guy who runs and you tackle him. I mean the thug who is swinging haymakers at your face trying to push your nose in to the back of your skull. Maybe once a year? If so, you are doing the vast majority of the agency's fist-fighting all by yourself because it happens rarely. More like once every five years at most.
What percentage of your time is spent brawling and what percentage of your time is spent doing things like report writing, latent investigating, and rule obeying (all things improved through formal education)? Therefore, having a college degree is far more valuable than being able to choke someone out or club someone like a neanderthal.
Exaggerating the importance of fighting skills versus the importance of brain skills is just plain dishonest. Buncha f*%#in' liars.

09-15-2009, 06:28 PM
There is a fantasy land and there is a reality world we all live in. If you are not a police officer I invite you to ride along and see for yourself what this world really is like. Not your SUV cup of coffee office golf world but the real world full of animals trying to prey on you. This is so typical of the general public......you yell "bully cops" and "abusing their power" but it's "HELP!" when someone is grabbing your purse or trying to grab you child at the bus stop. BUT, when we follow "those rules" and try to do our job the right way it's "they arn't doing $hit!" How about a thank you for those of us out here doing our job and putting up with you complaining a$$?

09-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Guest, again, my job picks up when you have done your job. I rely on you doing your job so I can do my job. Do I really need to spell it out for you???? You make the arrest, I make sure they go to jail and your arrests stick- get it?

Why do cops always want people to thank them for doing their jobs? No one thanks me for doing mine. That's right, that's what I get a paycheck for.

Just do your job so everyone can do theirs -- end of story.

09-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Guest, again, my job picks up when you have done your job. I rely on you doing your job so I can do my job. Do I really need to spell it out for you???? You make the arrest, I make sure they go to jail and your arrests stick- get it?

Why do cops always want people to thank them for doing their jobs? No one thanks me for doing mine. That's right, that's what I get a paycheck for.

Just do your job so everyone can do theirs -- end of story.
I should have known.....a stinking attorney. That explains your posts. Everybody calm down out there it's just an attorney rattling off again. Gosh and I thought we were having a good debate here. Anyway on to the next subject.....

09-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Let me get this straight, you can call me a stinkin attorney, but I can't question your "professional courtesy" or turning a blind eye motives, talk about a double standard.

Call me what you want, you just make the arrests, I make sure your arrests stick and they get to jail.

Just do your job and make sure you get your reports and facts straight.

09-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Hey, if you have a problem with one of our officers you need to go to the police dept. If you want to get your feelings hurt and argue with trouble makers then keep poking around this site.

09-16-2009, 01:56 PM
There seems to be a lot of trouble and unhappy police officers at ZPD, I wonder why?

09-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Is that supposed to be a subliminal message?

Nice try russ. :devil: :P

09-16-2009, 11:03 PM

He just won't go away. I see you still can't stand not to post! :devil:

09-17-2009, 05:09 PM

I'm not Russ and no it was a direct question and not a subliminal one. Great detective/police work there -- LOL