PDA

View Full Version : Lets thank this fine city for their recent contract offering

09-05-2009, 06:53 PM
DO NOT WRITE ANOTHER UNIFORM TRAFFIC CITATION FOR THIS CITY. Outside of a criminal case like a DUI or a crash with a victim, there is no reason to generate a single dollar for this $hit hole city. Continue to observe violations and make your stops, and if you feel a ticket is in order, we have a written warning ticket that goes a long way! It goes a long way in fostering a positive image with the public who are also facing tough financial times. It will also throw some case numbers and another ALLMIGHTY stat on your sheet to keep the station-dwellers off of your back! It’s time our production starts to fall in line closer to what the city thinks we are worth. Nothing. Go ahead….punish me….. take away my car. I don’t need it. Take away my .22% raise. Wait, just found a three year pay increase under the cushion of my couch!

09-05-2009, 10:20 PM
:roll: THE CITY GETS VERY LITTLE OF THE MONEY GENERATED BY CITATIONS, A VERY SMALL CUT OF THE SPEEDING CITES ONLY, I BELIEVE. THE REST GOES TO THE COUNTY FOR THE RUNNING OF THE COURTS, SAO, PUB DEF, ET ECT :oops: :oops:

09-06-2009, 04:43 AM
While I understand the feelings.... if you are a professional police officer, you will do the job you were hired to do. Unfortunately, sometimes a ticket is the appropriate response to certain violations. Anything less would be unprofessional.

Excercise your right to take a job elsewhere if pay and beneftis are better but don't short change your fellow officers or the citizens you serve than giving anything less than your best.

09-06-2009, 05:09 PM
It's time for the band of brothers to unite under the union banner.
It's time for the administration's bootlickers to tell the bosses to F*&% Off.
It's time to tell the community Screw You until ZPD gets paid properly finally.
It's time to run ZPD like the agencies back up north where the city gets only what they pay for...SO THEY PAY!

09-07-2009, 02:16 AM
While I understand the feelings.... if you are a professional police officer, you will do the job you were hired to do. Unfortunately, sometimes a ticket is the appropriate response to certain violations. Anything less would be unprofessional.

Discretion to give a warning is "unprofessional?" You obviously are not one of us.

Excercise your right to take a job elsewhere if pay and beneftis are better but don't short change your fellow officers or the citizens you serve than giving anything less than your best.

Read the post again. Explain to me where my fellow officers or citizens are getting short changed. I said still make your stops didn't I? I said still do your job, just give warnings instead of un-Godly fines to hard working people. Oh, and don't worry.....when I am good and ready I will entertain other employment opportunities. That will be on my doing though....not on some brainwashed drone who knows that as his only response to every post on this site.

09-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Ok if I heard correctly today Ken is now negotiating for us full time and Adam is no longer involved? WTF is going on???? I have been here five years and Ken hasn't even said hello to me, now he is negotiating for me? Thanks for hanging out to dry Adam, way to go brother.

09-08-2009, 06:56 PM
I AM NOT SO SURE THAT IT WAS ADAM'S IDEA TO DROP OUT OF THE NEG. HE HAS DONE A GOOD JOB SO DON'T KNOCK HIM AT THIS LATE DATE UNTIL WE HAVE ALL OF THE FACTS. IT IS LIKELY OUT OF HIS CONTROL FOR WHATEVER REASON. WE WILL GO FORWARD WITH KEN, HOIWEVER, FORWARD THAT MIGHT BE. THIS ALSO IS MORE THAN LIKELY OUT OF HIS CONTROL. DON'T EXPECT MUCH BECAUSE THERE ISN'T MUCH TO GET, IF ANYTHING. AND DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGERS THAY HAVE ENOUGH STRESS ALREADY AS IT IS. :cry: :cry: :cry:

09-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Instead of writing no citations, try writing ALL citations. No warnings for noone without a badge. No seatbelt? Cit. No proof of insurance? Cit. Load 'em up with every citation you can drum up.
Then see how much these citizens appreciate what they have.
SCREW THEM!!!

09-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Ok if I heard correctly today Ken is now negotiating for us full time and Adam is no longer involved? WTF is going on???? I have been here five years and Ken hasn't even said hello to me, now he is negotiating for me? Thanks for hanging out to dry Adam, way to go brother.

KEN ????????????? WHOS THAT THE ATTORNEY HAHAHAHAH

09-13-2009, 03:51 PM
:roll: THE CITY GETS VERY LITTLE OF THE MONEY GENERATED BY CITATIONS, A VERY SMALL CUT OF THE SPEEDING CITES ONLY, I BELIEVE. THE REST GOES TO THE COUNTY FOR THE RUNNING OF THE COURTS, SAO, PUB DEF, ET ECT :oops: :oops:

This is a oft repeated myth and rumor that is constantly spread by probably well meaning LEO's. The actual amount the city gets out of a citation hovers around 40 percent. I do not count this as, "Very little". This 40 percent goes in the cities GENERAL FUND...which they do not give to our department. ALSO our department gives back money we do not spend EVERY SINGLE YEAR back into the general fund to help the city. Funny how we can find the means to give back money and they can not use that same money for a raise? In recent memory the St pete times, Tampa Tribune, and a TBT article all broke down where the citations $$$ go.

09-14-2009, 12:35 AM
Hey Mod,

You need to start reading this board. The word "count" was mispelled on the last post. Geez.....You must be a supervisor.

09-16-2009, 12:38 AM
Hey Mod,

You need to start reading this board. The word "count" was mispelled on the last post. Geez.....You must be a supervisor.

What? Read it again, "guiness"...or is it genius?

09-18-2009, 10:41 AM

This is a oft repeated myth and rumor that is constantly spread by probably well meaning LEO's. The actual amount the city gets out of a citation hovers around 40 percent. I do not count this as, "Very little". This 40 percent goes in the cities GENERAL FUND...which they do not give to our department. ALSO our department gives back money we do not spend EVERY SINGLE YEAR back into the general fund to help the city. Funny how we can find the means to give back money and they can not use that same money for a raise? In recent memory the St pete times, Tampa Tribune, and a TBT article all broke down where the citations $$$ go.

Here is an article from tampabay.com from July earlier this year:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/l ... 018162.ece (http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/local/article1018162.ece)

The article states that with a $206 dollar speeding ticket (10-14mph over the limit), the city only gets $36.83 dollars back.

The rest goes into the pockets of the clerk and other government agencies.

So basically, you make the effort to pull someone over and spend 5-15 minutes writing the citation and your city is only reimbursed 17.88 percent.

This all just based on that news article though.

I'm not an officer at PPPD, but I am a resident. I see people speeding all the time, so I say keep up with the citations :)

09-21-2009, 10:52 PM
"I AM NOT SO SURE THAT IT WAS ADAM'S IDEA TO DROP OUT OF THE NEG. HE HAS DONE A GOOD JOB SO DON'T KNOCK HIM AT THIS LATE DATE UNTIL WE HAVE ALL OF THE FACTS. IT IS LIKELY OUT OF HIS CONTROL FOR WHATEVER REASON. WE WILL GO FORWARD WITH KEN, HOIWEVER, FORWARD THAT MIGHT BE. THIS ALSO IS MORE THAN LIKELY OUT OF HIS CONTROL. DON'T EXPECT MUCH BECAUSE THERE ISN'T MUCH TO GET, IF ANYTHING. AND DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGERS THAY HAVE ENOUGH STRESS ALREADY AS IT IS."

I'm sure it was Adam's idea to drop out. That is his MO. He has never finished the time requirement of any specialized position he has been in. Dropping out of the negotiations is par for the course.

09-21-2009, 11:48 PM
To the last poster shame on you. From all that I have heard to include from Adam he stepped down for his own reasons to include lack of confidence in Ken. And if I am not mistaken he has been the rep since the beginning so your theory on not finishing anything is shot.

This is a prime example of why we are in the state of affairs we are in. F***ing idiots like you that come on here and blast the people that actually earn their paycheck everyday just to have things like this said and posted about them.

You come on here without recourse or reprucussion and that makes you a coward.

I have worked with Adam since we both started here and regardless of where he is he busts his ass. He could sit around like some of the other cpl's we have but he is out there humping like everyone else. As far as never finishing an assignment, BOO HOO. Admin doesn't seem to mind so why do you?

Grow up, and if you have to pick on someone because it make you feel better then talk about those who need some special attention like some of the slugs on mids or mounted or certain people creating their own OT details. Just to name a few.

Adam you can back me up ANYTIME. For those of you who have problem with that TOO (INSERT EXPLATIVE) BAD. :evil:

09-22-2009, 01:20 AM
Adam,

You can back me up as well or more importantly this time, I am here to back you up.

To the poster two back. There is no requirement for how long to stay in a specialized assignment. There is a maximum amount of time you can stay in but not a requirement for how long you must stay in. In reality, we take assignments based upon our talents and abilities as well as desire. I don't fault a person from moving from one position to another if it makes sense for the agency or the officers family or long term career interests. He owes you nothing.

Perhaps you should spend more time worrying about doing your job and less time worrying about other officers. You may find that if you spent more time focusing on your assignment, you may actually succeed in making it to a specialized assignment that up until this point, apparently has eluded you.

09-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Adam did what he thought was right. Case closed. The other posters that stuck up for Adam, thank you, but you threw other co-workers under the bus, making you as much of the problem as the original poster. To top it off…you didn’t leave your name either. To refresh your memory.....

"Grow up, and if you have to pick on someone because it make you feel better then talk about those who need some special attention like some of the slugs on mids or mounted or certain people creating their own OT details. Just to name a few."

I work on mids and I take offense to your “slug” comment. I am easy to find at the PD if you would like to discuss your comments with me on a personal level. You appeared so sincere defending one of us against a character attack, but then you threw many others under the wheels of the rolling bus. Hypocrisy at its best. To all of you bashers: It may be one of those you bashed that saves your life someday out there on the street.

Everyone Be Safe,

Scott 377

10-08-2009, 05:35 PM
just keep writing tickets. There is a enough FTO'S with nothing to do but to check them.

10-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Poor Poor Adam

10-14-2009, 12:01 AM
What happened to Adam? Which Adam? We have two?