PDA

View Full Version : O/T & Side Jobs

09-05-2009, 05:30 PM
I am a LEO in the SW region whom has been going back and forth on pursuing your agency. Problem is that I am being told by others that Tallahassee does not allow you guys to work and O/T and or extra jobs (which if true, is complete BS). Can someone advise of this for me please? Also, is there a pay increase for Lee and Collier Counties? I think somewhere I had read around $38, 245? Any information you may provide would be greatly appreciated.

Be Safe!

09-05-2009, 07:58 PM
This faker asked the same question of the FWC site!

09-05-2009, 10:58 PM
This faker asked the same question of the FWC site!

Hey genious, ever think about maybe I am interested in two different state LE agencies? Wanting to go to the state and DOT/FWC are the only ones I am interested in. Should think before you start assuming.

09-05-2009, 11:17 PM
And you heard both did allow overtime or off duty right? Who is the genious???

09-06-2009, 08:17 PM
And you heard both did allow overtime or off duty right? Who is the genious???

No D-bag I heard that both DO NOT get O/T. Read prior messages. FHP advised they were the only ones in the State who are allowed to work off-duty. You know for LEO your not too perceptive of much. I come on here to request certain information and you want to start by picking out bits and pieces of my blogs and turn them around on me. I work in an area where DOT/FWC are not normally seen. I would ask a recruiter, however I opted to find out from the real guys out in the field. Recruiters tend to make the grass look so much greener then it really is.

09-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Just go away child

09-07-2009, 01:35 AM
HQ allots us a certain # of hours a pay period (2 weeks) to work OT. Right now it's 9 hours and as the fiscal years draws near the hours will go up. In some districts your given toll OT, and in the north part of the state they let you work the rest areas. As far as off duty, we are not allowed to work road construction, due to a policy with big DOT saying it's a conflict of interest. We have been trying for years to get this changed, but it seems it never gets done. We are allowed to work other off-duty jobs if approved by the supervision. As a FWC officer, they do allow their guys to work the road construction, and pretty sure they are allowed to work other off-duty jobs. Hope this answered your questions. Never mind the other post they are most likely from FHP.

09-07-2009, 06:49 PM
[quote="guest00000000"]HQ allots us a certain # of hours a pay period (2 weeks) to work OT. Right now it's 9 hours and as the fiscal years draws near the hours will go up. In some districts your given toll OT, and in the north part of the state they let you work the rest areas. As far as off duty, we are not allowed to work road construction, due to a policy with big DOT saying it's a conflict of interest. We have been trying for years to get this changed, but it seems it never gets done. We are allowed to work other off-duty jobs if approved by the supervision. As a FWC officer, they do allow their guys to work the road construction, and pretty sure they are allowed to work other off-duty jobs. Hope this answered your questions. Never mind the other post they are most likely from FHP.[/quote

Thanks a lot bro! Glad to hear there is O/T within your agency. You guys def do not get paid appropriately for what you do, to include FWC. WIsh the state would recognize you and pay you accordingly soon. I realize if I did leave my agency and pursue yours, my pay would decrease. Knowing that there is O/T available makes my decision much more easier to make. Thanks again and stay safe!

I Wear The Hat
09-08-2009, 04:10 AM
HQ allots us a certain # of hours a pay period (2 weeks) to work OT. Right now it's 9 hours and as the fiscal years draws near the hours will go up. In some districts your given toll OT, and in the north part of the state they let you work the rest areas. As far as off duty, we are not allowed to work road construction, due to a policy with big DOT saying it's a conflict of interest. We have been trying for years to get this changed, but it seems it never gets done. We are allowed to work other off-duty jobs if approved by the supervision. As a FWC officer, they do allow their guys to work the road construction, and pretty sure they are allowed to work other off-duty jobs. Hope this answered your questions. Never mind the other post they are most likely from FHP.
I take issue with your last sentence; primarily because it seems to be more instigating than accurate. The similar negative posts were also addressed to this person when they posed the same question on the FWC forum, accusing him/her of being a fake because the question was posted on your AND their forums, so most likely the negative posts here are from your own personnel as they were from FWC personnel on their forum, NOT from FHP personnel. Besides, most of the off-duty details FWC works on the highways and movie theatres come from us anyway. The poster has already stated he has no interest in applying for the FHP, so why would we be interested in if he applies for DOT or FWC? No more mud-slinging, please.

09-08-2009, 09:10 PM
If DOT merges with FHP in 2010 then there will be more OT

09-08-2009, 10:05 PM
If I win the lottery I won't need overtime

If we get a $50,000 a year pay raise I will not need OT

If....

I Wear The Hat
09-09-2009, 02:10 AM
If DOT merges with FHP in 2010 then there will be more OT
I would think if the FHP and DOT merged then it would be "open season" as we would all be one unit. Come to think of it, there would still be federal OT that certified inspection officers could still work that non-certified couldn't. Sounds like there would overall be more OT for some of y'all than us! Ha, ha, ha, I bet no one even thought of it. Ah well, we should wait and see....

10-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Do you guys really want to merge with FHp. Yea, the pay might increase (a little). I'm not sure who would be the supervisors but FHP has some real problems with brass. Could make thing worse with just a small amount more money

10-28-2009, 12:39 PM
Do you guys really want to merge with FHp. Yea, the pay might increase (a little). I'm not sure who would be the supervisors but FHP has some real problems with brass. Could make thing worse with just a small amount more money

It would makes sense to be one agency. If the merge happened, DOT would drive the black and tan but would be a special MCCO unit. This is how it is done in many other states.

10-28-2009, 12:40 PM

Hey guys, this may be the perfect time for the merge. FHP Colonel is in DROP and has to go soon. We don't have anyone that is capable of leading FHP out of the mess our current administration has put us in. We haven't had any real leadership in quite a while. Do you have anyone who could step up and lead a combined agency?? We are really in a mess at the Kirkman Building. Our Lt Colonels can't even spell. We need someone from the outside to lead us. Anyone home??

10-28-2009, 01:54 PM
None of us will be driving a Black and Tan, the Speaker of the House told a group in a speech that he is eliminating that color scheme because it will save $900 per car. Maybe it will just be black.

10-29-2009, 02:19 AM
None of us will be driving a Black and Tan, the Speaker of the House told a group in a speech that he is eliminating that color scheme because it will save $900 per car. Maybe it will just be black.

:snicker:

10-30-2009, 12:05 PM

Another example of people thinking they can do whatever they want. The color scheme for FHP cars is in the FLA STATUTES and that would have to be changed first.