PDA

View Full Version : FHP Newsflash.

09-04-2009, 07:32 PM
It has to start some where. Maybe DEP will be next. We can only hope.

Courtesy of Bay News 9 in Tampa:

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - The head of Florida's Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Department is resigning.

Electra Theodorides-Bustle sent her letter of resignation Friday to Gov. Charlie Crist and Florida's three elected Cabinet officials. She was named to the position in February 2007 shortly after Crist took office. Bustle's resignation is effective Sept. 15.

Theodorides-Bustle had previously served as an assistant commissioner at the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, lobbying the Legislature for the agency's budget needs.

The highway safety's agency's major responsibilities include vehicle registration and titling, driver testing and licensing and the Florida Highway Patrol, which is responsible for enforcing traffic laws.

09-21-2009, 04:02 PM
And why do you not like Barnet???

I think he has done a fantastic job as our director, or would you like to go back to the Tramel days?? I sure as heck do not.

We just need our leaders to be more fierce when fighting for us. But to say bye to Barnet, I hope it does not happen. I am happy with him, just hope he works on getting us Tasers and doesn't drop the issue altogether. We also need to stop letting the park service dictate what we are, we do not work for them.

09-26-2009, 03:46 AM

I think he has done a fantastic job as our director, or would you like to go back to the Tramel days?? I sure as heck do not.

We just need our leaders to be more fierce when fighting for us. But to say bye to Barnet, I hope it does not happen. I am happy with him, just hope he works on getting us Tasers and doesn't drop the issue altogether. We also need to stop letting the park service dictate what we are, we do not work for them.

If it weren't for the park service and the state park system, this agency would not be here. Don't forget why your here, get ur nose out the air and focus on what we do. You might need to find a real police job there macho guy.

09-30-2009, 06:34 PM

If it weren't for the park service and the state park system, this agency would not be here. Don't forget why your here, get ur nose out the air and focus on what we do. You might need to find a real police job there macho guy.

If it weren't for people like you who don't want to be cops and want to be park rangers we wouldn't still be tied into the park service. We do not work for the park service, we assist the park service with Law Enforcement Services. This does not mean they need to dictate what we do and what we are. If you like being a ranger, then by all means, go back to mowing grass and cleaning toilets, but get out of Law Enforcement. We do not work for them, we enforce their rules, thats it. We are not employed by them and they should have no input in our duties, I am a State Officer, what are you??

10-17-2009, 11:23 PM

If it weren't for people like you who don't want to be cops and want to be park rangers we wouldn't still be tied into the park service. We do not work for the park service, we assist the park service with Law Enforcement Services. This does not mean they need to dictate what we do and what we are. If you like being a ranger, then by all means, go back to mowing grass and cleaning toilets, but get out of Law Enforcement. We do not work for them, we enforce their rules, thats it. We are not employed by them and they should have no input in our duties, I am a State Officer, what are you??
Then why do you folks call the SO for routine crimes against property and persons, and FWC for wildlife/resource crimes???

10-22-2009, 04:58 PM

Then why do you folks call the SO for routine crimes against property and persons, and FWC for wildlife/resource crimes???

I have never called the SO for anything. You must be in an area where our lazies work. I have never turned anything over to FWC either. As a matter of fact, the SO calls us to handle the calls where I am.

Get your head out your ass, that was a BS statement, and don't blanket all of us by the lazy toilet cleaning wannabees some of our people are. Some are not cops, some will never be cops, some of us are cops, and will always be cops.

10-22-2009, 05:54 PM

I have never called the SO for anything. You must be in an area where our lazies work. I have never turned anything over to FWC either. As a matter of fact, the SO calls us to handle the calls where I am.

Get your head out your ass, that was a BS statement, and don't blanket all of us by the lazy toilet cleaning wannabees some of our people are. Some are not cops, some will never be cops, some of us are cops, and will always be cops.

OK Barney Fife