PDA

View Full Version : This guy still work for you guys??!!

09-03-2009, 05:13 PM
New Port Richey officer faces new investigation
Molly Moorhead, Times Staff Writer
In Print: Wednesday, August 13, 2008

NEW PORT RICHEY — A police officer who was recently cleared of a criminal accusation is being investigated again.

Officer John Nohejl, a 12-year veteran of the force, is accused of wrongdoing in an incident while he was working the midnight shift on Aug. 4, said New Port Richey Assistant Chief Darryl Garman. Garman would not elaborate on the new allegation because the investigation is ongoing.

"The information was brought in, processed and investigators were assigned to it," Garman said.

Nohejl has been placed on paid administrative leave while the Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigates. The agency will give its findings to the State Attorney's Office.

Nohejl had been back on the job only a month since the State Attorney's Office cleared him of sexual battery. That accusation was made by a female acquaintance in an off-duty incident. Both Nohejl and the woman told the State Attorney's Office there was a sexual encounter. He said it was consensual. She said it wasn't.

The State Attorney's Office said it didn't know whose story to believe and decided not to file charges.

That was July 3. Nohejl returned to patrol duty the next day, and the department launched its own internal investigation of the matter. Garman said that process is complete and is awaiting a final ruling by Chief Martin Rickus.

Nohejl is the former school resource officer at Gulf Middle School. He got into hot water earlier this year when his MySpace page — intended to help him connect with students — was linked to sexually oriented Web sites.

The department investigated how the computer problem occurred but did not accuse Nohejl of any wrongdoing. He continued working at the school until the sexual complaint surfaced in April.

[Last modified: Aug 17, 2008 07:01 PM]

Follow comments on this story with RSS

Comments on this article:
by beth Aug 15, 2008 02:08 AM
when you become an officer you have made a comitment to be different and be a good person.. not to do bad things. i know they are human but they made a promise to uphold the law.. i feel scared my kids have to grow up in this world.
by Terri Aug 15, 2008 01:03 AM
If indeed this is the same incident about the girl, then by all means prosecute to the fullest. But we all know what Pasco's State Attorneys Office does. We are still the "good ole boy" law around here.
by russ Aug 14, 2008 04:03 AM
i believe this is the story of the cop touching a hand-cuffed girl.then girl attemps suicide while in booking.that same night my car was searched illegally by i think same cop.i hope he sits behide bars for what he did to that girl.
by concerned Aug 14, 2008 04:03 AM
is anyone else concerned that this guy carries a gun?
by cops25 Aug 14, 2008 04:03 AM
i am sure that there are good cops out there and we should be reading stories about them. why are we wasting our time and ink on this loser????
by disgusted Aug 14, 2008 04:03 AM
what is going on??? why is this guy still working????
by Jaberwalkie Aug 13, 2008 08:17 AM
Hey Tom, Not all cops are the same. Individuals doing the same job for a loosing cause, is a better way to put it. I now what the real reason is why he is out again, and it will eventually come to light for everyone else too see.
by John Aug 13, 2008 08:11 AM
Hey Johhn you may want to invest in a dictionary before you begin a dissertation on Police procedure. Educate yourself, then others.
by Suspic Aug 13, 2008 07:43 AM
Something does not seem right here. To me it sounds like someone is out to get this officer. He is a fine, outstanding public servant who tries to do his job. Leave him alone! This story should not have even been printed. Obviously, bogus charges
by Joanne Aug 13, 2008 02:25 AM
Who accused the deputy ? What was the deputy accused of ? Without that information, this doesn't qualify as a valid news story, but only invites rumor and speculation. Good reporting 101, who, what and when ? SPT aka the Florida National Enquirer.
by LEO99 Aug 13, 2008 02:20 AM
Wow, he just returned to work and get's suspended with pay again! Somethings going on with this police department. It seems the police spokesman was vague with his comments. Times, you need to keep after this before it gets swept under the rug!
by Pay Attention Aug 13, 2008 01:56 AM
How many times does this officer need to be "under invesigation" before they actually charge him? Something is not right here. Hey IAD, maybe you should actually "investigate" these claims since they continue to be made.
by johhn Aug 13, 2008 01:41 AM
all officers should do no more than five yrs in the same county ,,,they should switch places,so they are always on there best ,and doing there best,,they get comfortable and lack ,disapline and aligment,,they find there fav.shop and hang till called.
by tom Aug 13, 2008 01:39 AM
god how many officer in this county are infected,,,just look at the present, past history of these creeps..there as dirty as the ones on crack,,,,its a real shame,,,

09-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Police officer averts sex charge

NEW PORT RICHEY — Authorities looking into a sexual battery accusation against a New Port Richey police officer have decided not to prosecute him.

Officer John Nohejl is a 12-year veteran who was the school resource officer at Gulf Middle School until April 11, when he was put on paid administrative leave while the complaint was investigated.

The Pinellas-Pasco State Attorney's Office decided Friday not to file criminal charges. That same day he was returned to the force as a road patrol officer, although the Police Department has launched an internal investigation into the matter.

The allegation had nothing to do with Nohejl's old assignment.

"There was nothing involved with this allegation that has anything to do with any students or former students at Gulf Middle School," Assistant Chief Darryl Garman said.

The sexual battery accusation was made by a female acquaintance in an off-duty incident, authorities said. New Port Richey police said they learned of the allegation from another agency, but would not identify that agency.

Prosecutors and police officials offered scant details Monday of the complaint. Both Nohejl and the woman told the State Attorney's Office there was a sexual encounter. He said it was consensual. She said it wasn't.

The State Attorney's Office said it didn't know whose story to believe.

"There were issues that existed that called into question the version of events," said Chief Assistant State Attorney Bruce Bartlett. "Which version was the accurate version? Generally when we have a situation like that, it's difficult to determine."

Nohejl last made headlines in January when the school resource officer's attempts at online social networking instead sparked an investigation by a state cyber crimes unit.

The officer started a MySpace page to connect with the sixth-, seventh- and eighth-graders on his own beat. But then his site was linked to another site titled "Amateur Match Free Sex."

Nohejl was cleared of any wrongdoing in February. His defenders said Nohejl was only trying to give students a way to connect with him online. And his MySpace page had been approved by the police chief and the school's principal.

New Port Richey police officials ordered Nohejl not to comment Monday on the latest allegation because of the pending internal investigation.

"He's not allowed to talk to anybody and I made that abundantly clear to him," Garman said.

Chief Martin Rickus will make a final ruling when the investigation is complete.

Comments on this articleby N.P.R. CITIZEN Jul 09, 2008 04:53 AM
ANOTHER SEXUAL CRIME COMMITTED BY THE VERY SAME OFFICER THAT WAS OBSOLVED IN PRIOR SEXUAL INCIDENTS. I THINK THIS NEEDS FURHTER INVESTIGATION! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE INTERAL AFFAIRS COVER-UP!PROTECT YOUR CITIZENS, NOT JUST YOUR POLICE OFFICERS
by Das Jul 08, 2008 10:53 AM
I happen to know the officer who was accused of this crime. He is incapable of committing such a crime. As for calling him a perv...he has done NOTHING but help the students and the citizens he was assigned to serve. Please don't assume guilt...
by LouLou Jul 08, 2008 10:53 AM
I happen to know this gentleman and am NOT surprised that the charges were dropped. This is exactly what should have happened. If the evidence had shown without a doubt that he committed a crime, he would have been prosecuted. He is a decent man.
by borden Jul 08, 2008 09:44 AM
Why are you people just taking the accuser's side? It wouldn't be the first time a rape allegation was fabricated. Anyhow he probably won't go back to the school, but he wasn't accused of being a "perv" anyway.
by joe tampa Jul 08, 2008 07:43 AM
When you love power and authority, and you date a policeman, you're going to get it one way or another.
by David Jul 08, 2008 07:32 AM
Why would the woman lie about something like that?
by chilla Jul 08, 2008 07:32 AM
maybe it was maybe it wasnt ,still he should be not allowed back to a bunch of little middle schools girls, cause the d.a. dont know who to beleive dosent mean he's innocent,in fact if i had to beleive anyone he would be the last,get him away fr kids
by citizen Jul 08, 2008 06:47 AM
this is just wrong. i guess if you're "in the law", you are also "above the law". this happens too much to be a coincidence on any level.
by not surprised Jul 08, 2008 05:52 AM
Wow, again the state attorney's office doesn't prosecute law enforcement. If this was a civilian they would have thrown the book at him. There are always to sides to the story, since when does that stop a prosceution?
by l Jul 08, 2008 04:41 AM
Send this perv to prison! Do you have any idea what they do to cops in prison, let alone child molesting, rapists.

09-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Nohejl, 31, is a 12-year department veteran. He received a second letter from the chief Thursday, this one about a separate allegation of sexual misconduct.

In April a female acquaintance accused Nohejl of rape. He acknowledged there had been a sexual encounter but said it was consensual.

Prosecutors didn't know who to believe and elected not to file charges. Then the Police Department investigated whether Nohejl violated its general order regarding "off-duty conduct unbecoming an officer."

That charge was not sustained, meaning it could not be proved or disproved.

But Rickus still had words of warning for Nohejl: "It is clear that you could have handled yourself in a more appropriate and professional manner," the chief wrote. "I sincerely hope that in the future you will be more careful with whom you associate off-duty."

"I won't say there's no concern (about his conduct)," Assistant Chief Darryl Garman said Thursday.

"I won't say there's no concern (about his conduct)," Assistant Chief Darryl Garman said Thursday.

09-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Don't worry concerned cop, I'm sure John would not do anything with your wife. I don't even think he would bring her to a dog fight if she promised to win.
http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx134/josehucth/bailey4pitbullsdf5.jpg

09-05-2009, 01:05 AM
John was cleared on all cases but the papers failed to mention that the dna (sperm) came back to another guy, not on one case but both seperate cases.
I think it was a little tacky on concerned cop's part to re-hash old/false accusing information.
John has always had my back on the road and I have zero complaints about the guy.
If you have a concern about the investigation and you are a co-worker of his, then open door 801 with your issue and ask to see the investigation in his jacket.

09-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Hey, Concerned Cop, you should be concerned, but not because of what John may or may not have done, but because of the lack of brotherhood that runs wild through this agency like a rabid dog. How many L.E.O.'s. Have had false accusations of misconduct filed against them by the upstanding citizens of this city just to be entertained by the admin for political self preservation ? Let's try having each others back instead of stabbing them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not under any delusions that I'm Mr Perfect. I let the trivial bullsh-t get to me sometimes. Hell, after all these years I'm sure I've been the cause of some of it. Anyway the point me and Captain Morgan are trying make is we're supposed to be a family when we're away from our family. Let's keep each other safe, and try not to be a disfunctional one. :devil:

10-19-2009, 05:37 PM
WOW ! covert ops, well said!

10-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Hey COVERT OPS, why don't you give an example of the admin taking action on bogus complaints. You can't. Childish posts on this site wrecks morale you Coward.

10-26-2009, 04:24 PM
I don't think the name calling and challenging people to expose citizen complaints is really needed. I received a citizen complaint from a domestic battery arrest case I investigated several weeks ago. It was looked into and determined that I did nothing wrong with a 1 1/2
page memo which will stay in my personal file forever.
For a new police officer that might want to go with another agency one day, I could see why his might upset you. This b.s. complaint is just sitting in your file for another agency to pass judgement on you, maybe before they every get to meet you as a person and realize that your a hell of a nice guy or girl. The fact its there just looks bad.
In this day and age everybody wants to complain on the " cops " for just doing there job.
Either way the bosses have a job to do and I understand that aspect of it.
Changing how long a non-I.A. issue should stay in your file would be a great thing for our department to look into changing.
For the person that enjoys copying and pasting the newspaper articles about my prior investigations. I just wanted to let you know that I have no hard feeling towards your actions. We all do spend more time together at work together then with our own families.
Morale is very important, so instead of the name calling and challenging from the last post, lets make working here fun and not cause a hostile work environment.
The gossiping is not a morale booster, if you have an issue with a co-worker, approach them and talk about it. I have had to go hands on with criminals on the street maybe a couple dozen times in over 1o years, because just talking to someone nice or speaking to them on their level goes along way in life.
I have everyones back that works here at our agency and I can proudly say I have no problem taking the bullet for anyone that works here with us.
Once again i'm not here to hide behind this screen and have no issues signing to my posts.
Thanks for taking the time to read my post, and I hope I enlightened everyones day.
John Nohejl from the 3pm-11pm platoon. P.S. To the person that started this post, to answer your question " yes I'm still here ", but i'm sure you seen my status hanging up on the board in the patrol room, 92 reports this year and still kickin :wink:

12-10-2009, 06:16 AM
For those of you so ignorant to pass judgement on a situation that you obviously have not researched, you are just as stupid as the s%^& bags that make false accusations. Gather facts before making comments... For those of you too old to understand MySpace, you can click on a friend of a friend of a friend, the users profile you originally went through has no control over their friends links. As for the sexual battery accusations they were unfounded due to the DNA not matching and other inconsistencies. John is the best friend a sister could ask for, a wonderful Uncle to my kids and a better father than any man I know. I really hope that the morons leaving these comments aren't LEO'S, if you aren't able to gather facts about reported news I would love to see the way you handle an investigation.... *rolls eyes* For those civilians who think this Officer should not be serving, next time you're in trouble, call a crackhead!!!

Dawn DaLeo

01-18-2013, 11:14 PM
For those of you so ignorant to pass judgement on a situation that you obviously have not researched, you are just as stupid as the s%^& bags that make false accusations. Gather facts before making comments... For those of you too old to understand MySpace, you can click on a friend of a friend of a friend, the users profile you originally went through has no control over their friends links. As for the sexual battery accusations they were unfounded due to the DNA not matching and other inconsistencies. John is the best friend a sister could ask for, a wonderful Uncle to my kids and a better father than any man I know. I really hope that the morons leaving these comments aren't LEO'S, if you aren't able to gather facts about reported news I would love to see the way you handle an investigation.... *rolls eyes* For those civilians who think this Officer should not be serving, next time you're in trouble, call a crackhead!!!

Dawn DaLeo

So with the new "troubles" coming to light, Is this guy still "Mr. Wonderful"???

01-20-2013, 07:30 AM
The reality of it is this, a former chief who called good cops a '"Cowboy" were a joke. They protected this jakalope! I will give the current chief the respect to take care of business that other {leaders} failed to do. Thank you we will take the critisim with you. Shoulder to shoulder sir, you now have the backing of the department.

02-03-2013, 05:16 AM
Man, I just miss that fat hunk of crap that protected this guy for so long. In addition citizens of New Port Richey, please dont take for granted one second that the chief of police at this time (Moe the Walrus) did not see this coming. Im the "cowboy" cop that you were worried about getting the city sued, how did that work out for you? I am one of the most respected people in this department now. That did not come from being a kiss ass did it Fatty. You and that bald headed weed dropper put things in motion, to where they are now. Hope you feel good about yourselves. Enjoy your retirement that I pay into every month. You guys are no better than than the scum that lie to me on the street, you just carried a badge that said you were better! Eat That! Live That! tell your family and friends you did a great job.

02-06-2013, 01:15 AM
Super post by the Viking. That bald guy is now a wannabe Fish and Game or a Wild Life Officer. Hysterical. It's exactly where he belongs. Tracking deer and redneck tire tracks of hillbillies making out in thier Daddy's F150. Great accomplishment for such an over rated Parrot Head. As far as the other back stabbing, walking heart attack, he is another casualty of our beloved pension.
As far as this other waste of oxygen ............. God has a great sense of humor doesn't he ? I hear they have a great inmate chior up at Holmes C.I.

02-06-2013, 02:59 PM
I saw that his bond was raised by the judge. Good job judge! Next stop snitchville.

02-06-2013, 08:53 PM
How does one define the word respect? NPR Viking stated he is one of the most respected people in your department. How did he come to that conclusion? Is his advice and mentoring highly sought out by other members of the department on how to accomplish their job? Is his knowledge of the job so well versed that it has propelled him into a supervisor’s position, placed him in a position to write policy, or has the ear of the current chief when it comes to making big decisions? Did someone actually tell him this bit of information or is it a perception he has drawn on to make himself feel better? He also states he was the “cowboy” that caused enough concern for the former administration to be worried about the city being sued. In the context he used the term it would mean his behavior was considered as possibly being reckless or aggressive. Where in the world of good law enforcement does this type of performance come into play if there is concern about being sued and did Viking take this evaluation of his work, turn it around and use better judgment while performing his job? Or was he upset he couldn’t play by his own rules? Based on his posting he holds a grudge and resorts to name calling like a kid in school and does it with relish because he didn’t get his way. And this is a person who is highly respected by his peers. Does he smile and help others at work and then hide behind a false name on this site to state what he really feels about others? I’d guess if he doesn’t like a person then anyone is fair game to be blasted in a very raw and open post. This is evident from other postings by him. Like this one quoted from another topic – “Hey guest 123, you dont work here so suck a d--ck!”

If his statement is true about being one of the most respected in the department what does say about the departmental standards? Viking why don’t you give everyone a few examples of what you’ve accomplished to garner all this respect you state you have. Have you been openly acknowledged by the administration for your positive and professional work ethics and performance? If so list a few of them. After all, if you’re proud of everything you stand for then why not let everyone else be as proud and give you the well deserved praise you should have. I’m going to guess you won’t list anything but a negative response. And that’s alright if that’s your professional approach to backing up your words, but if that is your response then you should take the latter part of the same advice you gave guest 123. Oh my I put something negative in here, but after all they are your words, not mine.

Now on to the posting by “user discretion” and his low opinion of another law enforcement agency and the officers who work for that agency. Correct me if I’m wrong but the agency you’re referring to, and it’s apparent you don’t even know the actual name of the agency (by the way, wildlife is one word), has state wide jurisdiction unlike you, but can enforce state laws just like you can. Your stereotype of people who hang out in the woods is funny. Do you or any of your co-workers own a truck? Do you or they go four-wheeling through the woods or the mud pits? Do they fish? And if they do any of these activities, including making out, while they’re in the woods, does that mean your co-workers or anyone else is a hillbilly? Are you saying people who apply and work for this agency are below the standards of say the agency you work for? What exactly do you know about the state agency mentioned in your post since you don’t even know the proper name? What is obvious is you’re a follower not a leader. You read the post by NPR Viking and got the courage to post your own rant since you thought his was a “super post”.

It’s easy for people like Viking and User to sit back and bash other people in their stupid postings. Viking reflects he is one of the most respected people working at your department and through his posts represents your department on this website. It’s easy to blame people who are no longer working there for things perceived to have gone wrong, but these posts were clearly personal in the writing. What issues did the posts address, none. Viking insinuates Nohejl was protected by former Chief Rickus. Based on what? According to the newspaper any previous issues were investigated and he was cleared. Not just by the administration, but the State Attorney’s office and FDLE. Correct me if I’m wrong, but once you’re cleared of issues they shouldn’t affect your job standing or be used in any future disciplinary hearing. So how was Nohejl being protected? Was it because he wasn’t fired? How many other officers/employees have been disciplined and not fired under any administration? Could Viking have been one of them? Maybe his “cowboy” exploits caused him to be disciplined, not fired, but to someone else it looked like he was being protected.

I have one final point to make to Viking and User – As officers who write reports on a daily basis I would recommend using Microsoft Word to write your little rants in prior to posting them. This way you can find all of the misspelled words and horrible grammar mistakes. No one has perfect grammar while writing, but you perform this task all the time. Reports are read by several people and if quoted in the papers with the same type of mistakes will show just how stupid you are.

02-08-2013, 12:13 AM
Some just can not let it go. Leave our PD alone and let's keep this swag we have going on recently. Bad guys taking the ride on a daily basis. Soops honed in and stirring the positive mojo that's flowing through our hallways. Smiles and the nods are clear now like that look before hitting a search warrant. I love the energy we are having and the glow we had when we first got hired. Don't let these miserable old timers infiltrate our family. We got the support of many good people and if we continue to press on, we're the winners. Limits have been tested but we keep going !! The oldies but moldies have long vacated the building and really not worth talking about much further. PD. Keep pressing. We got this !! Keep positive tap the guy/gal in front of you and move !!

ONE

02-09-2013, 04:15 AM
Hey Cop. Go read a book or something. There's a new hot seller called "nobody cares what you have to say.....ever..." Lol.