PDA

View Full Version : Brothers

08-25-2009, 10:56 PM
The admin is try'in to bust the unity. The fat drunk and his baldhead, fat, horse lover, go-boy are out to screw you. The park cop has been made promises by his daddy to sell us out. If the drunk knew how I heard horsey talk about him he would bust a vein. Horsey is to stupid to see that the admin will screw him to as soon as they get was they want.

the surprise is on them, they just don't see it coming. We are almost ready soon the whole city will see what we've dug up and so will the news.

08-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Shut up you talk to much they read these posts. It's not just one of admin it's all of them and it's dumb sh*ts like you that give them to much info so they cover up. They may be scum sucking bottom dwellers but they aren't stupid.

08-26-2009, 01:18 AM
That's OK they may read this, it's too late. the information is already in the our hands. we only have a little to go and all the world will see.

the fat horsey man will get his and the fat drunk and don't forget the queit captain making his rounds. we see what you are doing

08-26-2009, 01:19 AM
That's OK they may read this, it's too late. the information is already in the our hands. we only have a little to go and all the world will see.

the fat horsey man will get his and the fat drunk and don't forget the queit captain making his rounds. we see what you are doing. all of admin will have some on their face.

08-26-2009, 01:20 AM
Great, just what ZPD needs, more bad publicity. How much more do you think the community is going to take before they let go of their city PD and move onto the Sherriff's Office?

ZPD cannot afford anymore bad publicity.

08-26-2009, 01:31 AM
E.K., swatman, OD and mcknightstalker

it's just the four of you posting. give it up already. you are bringing down the rest of us. we want to move on.

stop posting and let us regain a reputation of a professional agency. you are just crybabies and nothing with make you happy. :cop:

08-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Obviously there is to much testosterone on the force. Maybe you guys need to hire more women to balance things out. :lol:

08-26-2009, 01:07 PM
I wouldn't put anymore women in this department with the bunch of immature men that are in this department.

08-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Yeah guys keep your crap up the SO will behappy to run the place nd anyone that can pass a bkground check can come to work. Figuring 6 or 7 will make it. You guys look so stupid............like babies with the wah wah and like bullies with "spit in your mouth" and "punch your teeth out" wow how professional.

08-26-2009, 11:42 PM
The admin needs to rerun all their officers back through their background checks to verify that they did get a degree that they claim to have and the length of their service at other departments.

Admin you might be in for a surprise with a few of your officers :devil:

Zhills community deserve to know the truth. Run them through their background checks again!

08-27-2009, 12:37 AM
Huh? That's al the BTC was about? That's what you littered this forum with?

You've got to be kidding us.

You guys made a big deal over this?

Ok fantastic four. nice work. thanks for your fine investigations. good job. it's been a pleasure. wonderful work from you. have a good day now. see ya, bwuyyyy bye now, chow.

08-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Hey, Unionman you forgot your evil laugh :evil:

08-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Anyone who resists a union is a danmed scab. A dirty lying and stupid scab.

08-27-2009, 09:25 PM
yeah and a stupid booger face too. :devil:

08-27-2009, 09:39 PM
It is an amazing thing to see so many crude and painfull posts by officers of our city.
In this horrible time that we all are going thru, where is our love and concern for fellow officers? Any day one of you/us could take a bullet. You/I could be laying in a coffin dead, our famalies and friends crying and swearing revenge on the perps who did this.
As a unit you/I would pick up the gauntlet and take care of the business of serving and protecting our communities and famalies.Yet on this forum and in dark secretive places you/I will tear down the very foundation of this brotherhood.This is a sad and dismal day we are serving in.Our brothers are in need of support.Our leaders need and deserve our
loyalty. If you/I stop and imagine one of us lying in our grave as a result of the discord sown among our selves,because of one moment of indecision or anger directed at each other, could you/I live with ourself? Look in the mirror and ask this question....
"O brother where art thou" I want you at my side, we are brothers.

08-28-2009, 12:32 AM
amazed, their will never be total unity among your officers. The admin wants discord among you.

You can never be clear of who is your ally and who your foe is and there is a very fine line between the two and that is the way the admin wants it.

08-28-2009, 02:45 AM
even that sounds of such an immature attitude. You may need to do some soul searching and find in your self the desire to do this job. Would you be happy any where else? McDonalds, Burger King? Polk COunty? look around your own home, are you happy there? You can't control others just yourself. from the looks of these posts, you have been out of control for a long time. I can't believe that admin would want such discord among its troops. Where could they themselves succeed with this kind of immaturity among their own? No, I think you shoud look at yourself and do some searching. Not everyone is out to get you and no everyone wants your demise. That's the paranoia of the young and immature. Maybe you need some professional help. seriously.

08-28-2009, 02:38 PM
even that sounds of such an immature attitude. You may need to do some soul searching and find in your self the desire to do this job. Would you be happy any where else? McDonalds, Burger King? Polk COunty? look around your own home, are you happy there? You can't control others just yourself. from the looks of these posts, you have been out of control for a long time. I can't believe that admin would want such discord among its troops. Where could they themselves succeed with this kind of immaturity among their own? No, I think you shoud look at yourself and do some searching. Not everyone is out to get you and no everyone wants your demise. That's the paranoia of the young and immature. Maybe you need some professional help. seriously.
Screw you, you scab sunuva*****! If you're not pro-union then you must wear kneepads to work and get your rocks off by washing the chief's car.
This town needs a dose of NYPD-type union working conditions. Back north, you write citations and make arrests for the first few years of your career. Then you dont have to do that kind of stuff once you get seniority. Who the hell wouldnt want that kind of respect and treatment?????? These people down here expect you to be an old man chasing around young thugs!

08-28-2009, 02:42 PM
I wonder if the administration even bothers to read such childishly vindictive postings?
This is obviously meant to tear down the morale of the department. An employee who is so unhappy and vundictive needs to take a long look at themself.If you are so discontent at this job, what would you do elsewhere? Did your parents not teach you the basic rules of conduct?Or the ten conmandents[do unto others] Did the acadamy not teach you the fundamentals of job behavior? Even a low leval job[burger king, mcdonalds etc etc] does not accept such actions intended to undermine the morale of the other employees.City administraters should bounce you out on your over inflated ego. Do you know how many good people are looking for work?

08-28-2009, 03:27 PM
amazedagain, in a perfect world, we would all live the way you are describing, but as you know, we don't live in a perfect world.

Discord among police officers can set up a competition among the officers in the department, to make the officers do more and better.

It's the same concept of a company having a monopoly over something, there is no competition, no need to do any better for their customers because who else is going to come in and challenge them. Only if there is competition amoing people will they do better and more.

I hope that this better describes to what I meant by discord in the department.

08-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Until things are modeled after NYPD and some of the other professional agencies up north like Boston PD there will be a culture of people giving more than they should for the amount of pay they receive like they are knights on white horses or something or other.

08-28-2009, 06:15 PM
are you actually saying without turmoil and disconnect among the troops we cant win the war? This kind of backstabbing and name calling as well as actual threats of violence
does not a better unit make. It creates mistrust and resentment.....
I do not want to go to work each day wondering if my partner holds a grudge against me or another member of the group.I want to go to work knowing my fellow officers are on the same mission that I am on. To serve and protect. Wit this malcontent among ZPDs force......GOD HELP US ALL

08-28-2009, 06:38 PM
amazed, you are never going to get rid of the mistrust among a large group of people - the term friendly fire in the military should give you a clue.

There has to be a level of competition among people for some, not all, to go above and beyond the minimum of what is expected of them.

I'm in no way saying that name calling or threats of violence is acceptable, what I am saying is you're never all going to get along, it would be great if we all held hands and sang kumbaya together, but that is never going to happen. It isn't realistic. What is realistic in this society we now live in is, people are going to step on people without thinking to get to a higher level of power and this discord in the department is nothing more then people doing that - officers teaming up against other officers in an attempt to overthrow or exert their perceived notation of power.

I never said you couldn't win the war, but you need to be realistic in your expectations and compare it to what actually is and not what you want it to be.

08-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Until things are modeled after NYPD and some of the other professional agencies up north like Boston PD there will be a culture of people giving more than they should for the amount of pay they receive like they are knights on white horses or something or other.

Zephryhills is far from NYPD and Boston PD. I will never come close to a big department due to just the size of the community and area it covers.

08-28-2009, 07:40 PM

Zephryhills is far from NYPD and Boston PD. I will never come close to a big department due to just the size of the community and area it covers.

I dont give a danm about all that! This place needs union working conditions so noone gives more than they are paid to give!

08-28-2009, 08:21 PM
scabs r us, I've never seen where a person has actually felt that they get paid for the amount of work they do. They always feel underpaid and not paid enough. It's in human nature to always want more and feel like we deserve it.

08-29-2009, 04:54 PM
I've been in a union for 16 years. It is a union that can't strike. No one is ever satisfied. It's only good if you have good reps. If it weren't for our national union I would probably not be in it. Not only do they protect the good workers, they have to protect the bad ones. Just something to think about.

08-29-2009, 05:01 PM
I've been in a union for 16 years. It is a union that can't strike. No one is ever satisfied. It's only good if you have good reps. If it weren't for our national union I would probably not be in it. Not only do they protect the good workers, they have to protect the bad ones. Just something to think about.
That's what I'm talking about! The bosses decide who is a good or bad worker depending on who writes the most citations and who makes the most arrests which is ridiculous. The point of a union is to protect people who dont do that kind of stuff from the bosses deciding who gets specialty positions and promotions or trying to fire so-called bad workers.
A union would make it where promotions and transfers are based on seniority alone instead of having judgments made about who deserves something more than others because they arrest people and write speeding citations.

08-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Are you willing to be a union rep? We have gone through numerous reps because it is a lot of stress trying to bargain with management. You have to deal with the attitudes of the employees because if they don't win a grievence they're pissed at you. There are positives and negatives to unions. I personally haven't filed a grievence. I go to work keep my mouth shut and do my job. If it weren't for the union I wouldn't have all the great benefits and great pay. No, we are still not treated equal. Management still takes care of who they want to.

08-30-2009, 03:08 AM
That's what I'm talking about! The bosses decide who is a good or bad worker depending on who writes the most citations and who makes the most arrests which is ridiculous. The point of a union is to protect people who dont do that kind of stuff from the bosses deciding who gets specialty positions and promotions or trying to fire so-called bad workers.
A union would make it where promotions and transfers are based on seniority alone instead of having judgments made about who deserves something more than others because they arrest people and write speeding citations.

There has to be a balance for promotions/transfers. You shouldn't be awarded this for senority alone. Senority does not automatically translate to a good worker, it can also mean someone who has been there for a long time but just does the minimum to get by. Therefore, there needs to be balance between senority and judgements by the admin to decide a promotion or transfer. Having one but not the other should not automatically decide a promotion/transfer.

08-30-2009, 03:11 AM
Are you willing to be a union rep? We have gone through numerous reps because it is a lot of stress trying to bargain with management. You have to deal with the attitudes of the employees because if they don't win a grievence they're pissed at you. There are positives and negatives to unions. I personally haven't filed a grievence. I go to work keep my mouth shut and do my job. If it weren't for the union I wouldn't have all the great benefits and great pay. No, we are still not treated equal. Management still takes care of who they want to.

No matter where you go, management will always take care of who they want to. It doesn't matter what line of work your in, it is this way always. Where do you think the saying "it's not what you know, but who you know" comes from.

08-30-2009, 12:24 PM
There needs to be a balance in regards to promotions??? SCREW YOU, SCAB!!! If you have the most seniority then you get the promotion/transfer!!! SO what if someone does the minimum to get by??? If that's not good enough then they need to raise the minimum!!! That minimum wont be raised too high because the union wont let it!!! If anything then the minimum needs to be lowered to something acceptable. This expectation that officers write citations and make arrests is a bunch of BS!!!
The complaint "it's not what you know, it's who you know" will be a thing of the past when the union comes in and takes over.

08-30-2009, 02:05 PM
scab, isn't that they job of a police officer to write citations and make arrests? If not, then please enlighten me with the job description of a police officer. I highly doubt it is to sit in parking lots and make it look like you are writing reports when truthfully you are on the internet playing around -- Please don't try to deny it, I've seen it first hand.

I don't care if an officer has been with the department 10 years or 10 days, if they are not doing what they are suppossed to be doing and not meeting the requirements expected of them, they need to be gone. Just because an officer has been with a department for a long time does not give them a "free pass" to not do their job and expect that they won't get let go of because of their "senority" status.

Also, please refrain from telling me to screw you, thanks, but not interested.

03-16-2010, 12:11 AM
Remember this post?

03-16-2010, 02:07 AM
And your point is?

03-16-2010, 11:14 AM
I think his point was clear, brother. The union way of doing things is taking over whether you Admin Butt Kissers (ABK) like it or not. The other posts about where to hide at ZPD? Yea that is what the unified union does when they dont get pay raises. Dont stick your tongue out at the union, boy, you will get it chopped off.

03-16-2010, 12:18 PM
I think his point was clear, brother. The union way of doing things is taking over whether you Admin Butt Kissers (ABK) like it or not. The other posts about where to hide at ZPD? Yea that is what the unified union does when they dont get pay raises. Dont stick your tongue out at the union, boy, you will get it chopped off.

Scabs, you don't have a clue as to why I started that where to hide post, but your assumption is WAY off. Good try though :)

03-18-2010, 02:23 AM
Where's everyone at? It's sure quite around here

03-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Dealing with JDM's lies and indiscretions. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck! I think I hear a coffin lid opening up?

03-18-2010, 01:04 PM
eeeeewwweeeee? you sound like such a girl there chiefy. Coffin lid? Are you now raising the dead in your quest for recognition? Why dont you sign your name, state your beef and then go do your little house wifey chores?
O yes, I forgot its better to hide behind your fan and dance around. So delicate and feminine with your little mannerisms.Nice touch with the initials.Too bad you dont have the real title to back up your username.A little envious there are we?

03-18-2010, 01:56 PM
W
Dealing with JDM's lies and indiscretions. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck! I think I hear a coffin lid opening up?

Just curious why you think that's a woman posting that?

03-18-2010, 03:02 PM
W

Just curious why you think that's a woman posting that?

Because if anything posted on here is negative, it has to be from a woman. That's the way all these men think. :devil:

03-18-2010, 09:15 PM
looks like the cap pissed off the little marine again. The funnist thing is the little guy used to run to his admin buddy for everything. serves the capt right though. all of the protecting only led him to getting his own arse in the fire by the little maniac.

lets see what the little guy will do next. be careful on picking your friends capt. LOL :devil:

03-19-2010, 12:59 AM
ZEPHYRHILLS - Council members have asked City Manager Steve Spina to look into charges that a high-ranking Zephyrhills police officer was involved in a fraudulent land deal and lied about it in his employment application.

The charges were contained in an anonymous letter circulated to all council members and City Attorney Joe Poblick. The letter alleges that Capt. Jeffrey McDougal covered up his involvement in an 18-year-old land deal that resulted in a felony charge against the notary public involved in the deal.

The dispute arose after McDougal, who was employed by the St. Leo Police Department at the time, obtained signatures from his neighbors for an easement on their properties so he could build a driveway to his house.

McDougal later had the document notarized and filed it with the Pasco County clerk of the court's office. The neighbors, Royce and Janet Mitchell, filed a complaint with the sheriff's office, saying they never appeared in front of the notary.

According to the sheriff's report, McDougal admitted he had the document notarized after the Mitchells signed it. "Mr. McDougal strongly advised that he was not trying to deprive the Mitchells of their property," the report states.

The notary public, Wade Thomas, told the investigating officer he notarized the already signed document at McDougal's request because he was a police officer. He was charged with one count of false or fraudulent acknowledgement, a third-degree felony, and completed pretrial diversion.

The document, dated May 29, 1992, gave McDougal and his wife a perpetual 5-foot easement on the Mitchells' property for a driveway. In February 1993, about a month after the Mitchells complained to the sheriff's office, the McDougals issued a quitclaim deed reversing the easement.

"There was never any attempt to defraud anyone," McDougal told the Tribune.

Spina said he questioned McDougal about the land deal and other allegations in the anonymous letter. "To me, this was nothing more than an attempt to smear him," Spina said.

The letter accuses McDougal of lying on his police job application by answering "no" to a question about whether he had ever been a subject of a criminal investigation. "He wasn't the subject of the investigation," Spina said. "He was a witness."

Spina said he has no plans to reprimand McDougal, but at least two council members have asked him to look into the report.

"I think maybe it needs a little explaining," Councilman Lance Smith said. "If he did nothing wrong, the explanation shouldn't take too long."

Police Chief David Shears was visibly angry about the anonymous letter but said he could not comment because the department had not received a formal complaint. "As chief of police, if I received a complaint, I would be obligated to investigate it," he said.

McDougal has been with the Zephyrhills Police Department since 1992. He was promoted to captain in 2008 and commands the operations division, which includes uniform patrol, canine and special operations.

"I've been captain for a year and a half, and whoever did this had to go back 18 years to find an indiscretion," he said.

Reporter Laura Kinsler can be reached at (813) 259-8109.

03-19-2010, 01:47 AM
They should just close and lock the doors of this department. There's always something going on there that doesn't involve police work and frankly everytime ZPD hits the news it's always about crap like this - no wonder people can't take this city seriously the department is a joke

03-19-2010, 11:02 AM
The problem is the city never changed anything when they were claiming to change everything. Basically they just shuffled old players around to different positions which was not in the least bit productive. We can't really expect to have a progressive and productive department with someone like this managing things.

03-19-2010, 11:36 AM
This had nothing to do with the PD. it was one little wart making trouble by digging and spinning information to smear someone. Fortunately, this time it was the captain who could stand a little ribbing. It's not about the PD though.

the capt needs to pick his friends more carefully. :snicker:

03-19-2010, 12:46 PM
close the doors on this dept....then idiots like kkaty wins.
what have we come to that someone who has been slapped on the wrist repeatedly by
not only this dept but other ones that he worked for can try to ruin a mans career by such rediculous innuendos? How long will we condone such actions by a worm that is not one of our brothers.I for one will support my administration. I will not be party to such slanderous allegations. I will uphold my oath to protect and serve.If you can say the same... i applaude you.

03-19-2010, 12:49 PM
the little wart needs to be squashed forever,what a load of crap and how repulsive of any piece of shit that is low enough to do this.

03-19-2010, 12:52 PM
So the big news is that a fellow officer had a conflict 18 yrs ago that did NOT result in any investigation of this officer? Thats it? WHO REALLY GIVES A FLYING DUCK? get on with your life loser. and shame on the newspaper for printing that silly article,

03-19-2010, 12:55 PM
thats really low there mr k.wow your personality and manhood are coming thru.ZPD is well rid of you

03-19-2010, 12:57 PM
I have my brothers back, do you?

03-19-2010, 12:59 PM
ok, we have ribbed the capt, now stand up for him he aint half bad and he has a cute azz

03-19-2010, 01:11 PM
The truth is coming out and the walls will cave in. The admin. is sitting around monitoring posts all day instead of doing police work. Why would they start now? They've gotten away with doing anything but police work for years. At least this new controversy will give them more ammunition to force good officers out and get in new and impressionable ones to mind melt.

The city needs to take a serious look at this. The entire administration acts corruptly and with no integrity. Watch them now. The visibly angry looks will be more obvious than ever! Maybe they'll add more to our files that we can't see!

03-19-2010, 01:21 PM
.. to force good officers out? whats the point in that? You think admin is monitoring posts?
that joke is too funny..the ones sitting around monitoring posts is jerk offs like you who have NO valid reason for being here.This is a forum for ZPD does that include you? not any more. Your intention here is only to smear admin because you cant hack it.I know you.
I know your history.be careful who you brag to when you are out and about.

03-19-2010, 01:26 PM
ok, I dont have any affiliation with the police dept but I want to say the way you try to
bring each other down is terrible.I always thought policemen stuck together no matter what.
I am appalled that such underhanded and obviously vindictive things go on in your city.
If my son should ever indicate a desire to join the police in my hometown this would make me try my hardest to dissaude him.

03-19-2010, 01:33 PM
ok, I dont have any affiliation with the police dept but I want to say the way you try to
bring each other down is terrible.I always thought policemen stuck together no matter what.
I am appalled that such underhanded and obviously vindictive things go on in your city.
If my son should ever indicate a desire to join the police in my hometown this would make me try my hardest to dissaude him.

People are people no matter what. Some we like, some we don't. It doesn't matter what profession you are in. Have you ever worked some place that someone hasn't tried to stab you in the back? But i bet they still have each others back even though they might not like one another.

03-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Your are right about the shame in airing such vindictive action on the part of the little worm.
Let me tell you tho that ZPD is a fine dept with some truly dedicated officers working hard to do a good job.
Crime is down,accidents are down.revenue is up ... It is only the actions of a few disgruntled ex employees that try to stir up stuff.
I am proud to wear my uniform and meet the citizens knowing that my administraters and brother /sister officers will support me when I need them.

When any member of ZPD reads such posts and articles, just remember it could be you targeted next time.good luck capt,I got your back

03-19-2010, 01:36 PM
me too bro, hang in

03-19-2010, 01:43 PM
I support the cap all the way.

03-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Captain, dont let them get you down. We support you too.And we agree about the cute
azz too.

03-19-2010, 01:53 PM
no charges, no investigation= no nothing

what a bunch of crap to do to not only to the capt but to the whole ZPD.
I am not impressed with the story nor am I impressed with the low life that tried to dig
a mans grave.I hope you flush him out and give him a little spanking.

I certainly give the captain my vote of confidence

03-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Here's the deal folks from reading the article:

The captain apparently took a document to a notary to have it stamped by their seal. In order for a document to be notarized by a notary, the parties have to be present so the notary can witness their signatures.

This document probably had to be notarized in order for it to be filed and when the captain found this out, took it to a friend of his who he knew was a notary and that notary knowing this man was a police officer and supposed to uphold the law and not bend it to his favor broke a notary law. Do I expect the captain to have known that a notary can't just take a document that already had signatures on it to be notarized? No, not really, but the notary knew that.

The problem I have in this situation with regards to the captain is, he should have known by being a police officer that you cannot change anything on any document once this document has been signed and by taking it to a notary and wanting a seal on it does change the document. He should have known this simply by being an officer.

Is this a minor infraction? Yes it is, but as police officers you are held to a higher standard, right or wrong, that's the way it is. Any little thing you do has the potential to blow up big just because of your profession.

This becomes part of the department because it's the officers who are the department. It's not the buildings, cars, weapons, etc that's the department. You, as the officer are the department. You have to make sure anything you do in your professional and personal lives is always legal and leaves no room for any judgement to be passed your way. Again, the reason for this is because of your chosen profession.

03-19-2010, 02:21 PM
were you there? you seem to know so much about the story. I know that a notary at times
would notorize after the fact when he/she knew both parties.I know this was the reason the notary laws were changed to make notories more responsible. was this a slip in judgement? on both parties...yes. Would any notary put his seal on a legal doc intending to defraud, that would be stupid.was this a deliberate act to defraud obviously not.Has the officer after 18 years learned to act more decorously?.By the way how old was the officer at the time? How long had he been an officer? This officer has been an asset to ZPD just like he was to ST LEO.

03-19-2010, 02:25 PM
were you there? you seem to know so much about the story. I know that a notary at times
would notorize after the fact when he/she knew both parties.I know this was the reason the notary laws were changed to make notories more responsible. was this a slip in judgement? on both parties...yes. Would any notary put his seal on a legal doc intending to defraud, that would be stupid.was this a deliberate act to defraud obviously not.Has the officer after 18 years learned to act more decorously?.By the way how old was the officer at the time? How long had he been an officer? This officer has been an asset to ZPD just like he was to ST LEO.

Down boy, down. Take a deep breathe.

I'm a notary and have been a notary since 1996 so I can tell you under no circumstances have I ever notarized a document without the parties being present and signing in front of me. If they had already signed this document, I made them sign it again in front of me. It was my name and my seal going on that document not theirs.

I never said that this officer should be punished for this, I did say that this officer should have known better at that time because he was an officer.

03-19-2010, 02:32 PM
OK, You made your point,now dont you think he is being punished on this public forum as well as the news paper? and all because the little creep crawled out of his hole and saw his shadow.

03-19-2010, 02:42 PM
He's innocent until proven guilty - you should already know that as an officer.

You're never going to stop people from making accusations about other people, but karma has a way of straightening out any false accusations that are made by people.

What I would suggest your captain do is to simply state exactly what took place and as long as he is truthful about it everything should be alright. In the event that he is less then truthful, he may run into some problems.

03-19-2010, 04:45 PM
To all who are posting on this site. An officer in your department is not the one responsible for revealing your Captain's past transgresssions. I received information from an individual that was investigated by this Captain, an Officer at the time. He met his fate and now the Captain should meet his. Good Day.

03-19-2010, 04:51 PM
I think that's called karma --- Watch out 373.

03-19-2010, 05:30 PM
in reply to ...iamtroublemaker...so this IS in retalliation from
a previous employee. thank you for setting the record straight. I hope the administers
are monitoring this site.

and yes karma is a biotch and so is her sister. you who have shat in the woods .. be carefull what sticks to you

03-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Still watch out 373 - you've ticked off a lot of people at the department with your mouth

03-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Finally, something might get done, like justice! I can agree that this is hardly the crime of the century but this is just the tip of the iceberg and if anyone on the City Council has the fortitude to take a closer look at this individual, that would be greatly appreciated. I have nothing against Steve Spina but he is too close (personally) to the Capt. to do a thorough and fair investigation. Maybe FDLE should take a look since they are the ones who determine if their standards have been compromised. The City Leaders should want a complete and unbiased look at the Capts. past present and future. Maybe someone should talk to the HR Director and line staff, they might be very surprised what they hear and find out. If the Capt. comes out squeaky clean then good, but if the shoe was on the other foot, maybe of one of the Officers, would he do a half ass I.A. investigation, I think not. We have wanted the City Leaders to listen to our concerns regarding this guy and it took someone to go to the media to finally get it done. Lets not head hunt but lets get down to the facts of how he has conducted himself in his current position. I haven't heard anything from him taking any accountability about what happened, none what so ever. Think about how your Capt. would support you if this was one of our Officers. I have Z.P.D.'s back all the way but the truth needs to come out. Capt., you always say "we are men, lets start acting like men, ok now it's your turn. Be accountable so we can get back to Police work and not be looked at by the public like a bunch of idiots. FDLE, City Leaders, we need your help, anyone listening?

03-19-2010, 09:48 PM
It has already been reported to FDLE.

03-19-2010, 10:24 PM
Well if that is the truth then Thank You! I guess we will see if he is really as "protected" as he thinks he is.

03-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Hey, what does the HR Director know? Guess the director will be subpeoned for his/her information. Hope that director can supply the information known from the investigation. Wow, sounds like some internal issues! Please tell. The public has the right to know!

03-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Make sure to get a copy of the St. Pete Times on Saturday. Lets sing together......Come Saturday morning. I going away with a friend. Will Saturday last till the end of the day? Just I and my friend, Well travel for miles with our Saturday smiles. Bad jeff, BAD!

03-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Is the City Council of Zephyrhills really blind to the good ol boy, back woods way of management that is pretty obvious to the public? Maybe the roots run deeper than Spina, Shears and McDougal. Take a look at any other agency and see what the requirements are to become a chief. Hmmm, why is it then Steve Spina and McDougal changed the rules to substitute experience for education? Because if we hire from outside we might actually get some changes that are not welcomed by the racist, sexist, corrupt organization. McDougal's response was "someone had to go back eighteen years" well McDougal when your protected by Steve Spina and Chief Shears just the way you guys planned it then proving your dirty becomes a little harder when it's all swept under the rug. Of course Shears was pissed if McDougal gets fired then he might actually have to make a decision which he is not educated enough to make. The truth is McDougal is protected and anytime any one gets close to bringing this man to justice they are forced out and conveniently it’s called retaliation by a disgruntled employee. I hope the reporter that broke this story does not live in Zephyrhills and doesn’t have children that attend any schools here because you may get to know retaliation very well. The turnover at this agency is not because of the pay it’s because you may know something that can bring this agency to its knees. The fact is McDougal will probably get away with this to.

03-19-2010, 11:47 PM
You all is soo stoopid! city manager and city council talk'in to the papers. when you gonna learn to shut your pie holes? you gest ruined any possible investigatioen cuz now Ol' pick and grin can claim to be a victim of politicans and dumb city officials. the out come has been predejuiced. That there fdle anit a gonna touch it with a ten foot pole cuz it stinks. They did half arsed job on that poor maintanence guy, they violated the rights of that poor dope smok'in fireman and now this. Lets me say one more time for the record...you all is soo stupid!

03-20-2010, 12:18 AM
Mr. Spina, this will go on as long as you have these guys in there. You are the one who put these guys in charge...it's your fault. They have no business in their positions and everyone knows it. Come on do something about this! Your city is depending on you to make the right decision. IT'S YOUR JOB!

03-20-2010, 12:34 AM
You fu68ing people are a f78ing joke and that goes for the frigging citizens too because you are all southern redneck trash who dont understand how its done up north because its done RIGHT. You buncha f78ing backstabbing bigmouths snitching people out on here and i bet it was one of you rednecks who dropped a dime to the fu78ing newspaper in the first fu78ing place.

EFF YOU!!!

03-20-2010, 01:12 AM
Scabs there you go again talking about the ways we have it up north, haven't you figured it out yet? It's never going to be like that in the south. This department is corrupt, its been that ways for years. My suggestion to all the officers in this department is to run away as fast as you can to another department and never look back. You don't want to be associated with this department and the longer you stay at this department for whatever reason you may give, you become viewed as one of the corrupt ones.

This is Zhills the main thing that this town is known for is its mobile homes aka Mobile Home USA and for the water plant, if not for the water plant, Zhills would be nothing but another redneck city. Really what's the attraction to this city? Why would anyone in their right mind move there?

03-20-2010, 01:35 AM
lets see three chiefs and it is always the police department that is corrupt? Mismanaged maybe but that is a long way from corrupt. there are many more problems in the city than with the police department. the root of the problems are coming from 8th st and 6th ave.

I do agree that the officers that are associated with the department are geting there reputations hurt and the sooner they can leave that place the better off they will be.

03-20-2010, 12:47 PM
lets see three chiefs and it is always the police department that is corrupt? Mismanaged maybe but that is a long way from corrupt. there are many more problems in the city than with the police department. the root of the problems are coming from 8th st and 6th ave.

I do agree that the officers that are associated with the department are geting there reputations hurt and the sooner they can leave that place the better off they will be.

Where's the corruption? What has the Admin. done that was corrupt? As an officer with ZPD, the PBA Contract is the problem! Quit blaming the Admin. for something you all voted for! I did not vote for the PBA and now, I have to suffer. :evil:

03-20-2010, 01:09 PM
the truth here is a certain individual whom the capt had defended got pissed when he was
disciplined and has nit picked untill he found an 18 yr old story.There never was an invest of the capt.he did not lie on anything.He did take responsibility and corrected it.
The line has been crossed here.The same individual and his cat friend will also need to be scrutinized.When linen is aired it sometimes hits you in the face.
question of the day....would you really take these peoples words and actions as gospel?

I personally know all involved and have enjoyed working with Capt. McDougal for many years.

03-20-2010, 01:27 PM
the truth here is a certain individual whom the capt had defended got pissed when he was
disciplined and has nit picked untill he found an 18 yr old story.There never was an invest of the capt.he did not lie on anything.He did take responsibility and corrected it.
The line has been crossed here.The same individual and his cat friend will also need to be scrutinized.When linen is aired it sometimes hits you in the face.
question of the day....would you really take these peoples words and actions as gospel?

I personally know all involved and have enjoyed working with Capt. McDougal for many years.

Just some additional information to "tell the truth"... besides the cat man you might look into say... an attorney and a dept. head with long red hair... lets just say, I overheard a conversation. Good luck!

03-20-2010, 01:28 PM
TO MR SPINA....How long are you going to let trash like kk and tw cause havoc in your city?
Both of these idiots work for ZH.Cant you manage your employees? Are they digging while
on your payroll? well maybe burying the cats?
For a fine police captain to now have to defend himself over something from 18 yrs ago that did not result in any investigating of him and was corrected by him in a timely and just manner is the epitome of stupidity.
I suggest you look into some guidelines as to how such acts of retaliation is handled in the future.Maybe consider the source?
Now to play this out in the media will always leave a scar on this mans record.This is I know freedom of speech in america .
IMO. You need to come out with support of your police administration publicly.
Also, since you must investigate to your satisfaction that Capt.McDougal did in fact do nothing wrong, then expose your two employees records in like fashion.
Most men reading this will say if we have a grudge against another man we face them and state the problem,them some men will hide in dark corners and plot revenge.
Mr Spina... as a citizen of this beautiful town I ask you to look at the cource of these complaints and handle them accordingly.

03-20-2010, 02:03 PM
For all you who wonder and especially "Tell the truth", dont be so sure that KK or TW are the ones behind this. And furthermore, the captain did not lie to the investigators but did commit a crime. although minor in nature, it is still a felony. He commited that felony when he solicited the notary to notarize the document. And then commited another one when he filed what he knew was a falsely executed document with the Courts! He was never caught.......because everyone thought "Hey, he's a police officer, so we will let him off the hook being it was not him who actually committed the act." And the deputy who took the report either accidentally or purposely "coded" him as a witness instead of a suspect or subject. But now someone else is going to look at it and that is FDLE!! The narrative of the report CLEARLY demonstrates that he is a SUSPECT ALL DAY LONG!!!! Spina and Shears can call it what they will. Everyone knows that the captain has a very close relationship with those two (too close)! You dont get off just because the report has a typo in the person's module!!!! IT WAS DONE THAT WAY TO HIDE IT WHEN YOU DO A SEARCH ON CAPTAINS NAME IN THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE! HE IS LISTED AS A "WITNESS" ON MANY CASES THAT HE HAD INVOLVEMENT WITH THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE. SO SOMEBODY KNEW THAT IF THEY CODED IT LIKE THAT, THEN IT WOULDNT STICK OUT IN A SEARCH.

I would admonish Spina and Shears: Remember the last time A Chief and City manager allowed something to get swept under the Rug of Perdition? I would think twice before you go down that road again. It may cost you your own jobs!!! Every officer in that dept. can enter into a class action lawsuit against the city for allowing someone to remain in a sworn position of authority that has clearly violated state laws! I would recommend that you allow the the powers that be to do their investigation without both of you trying to defend him. If it was kk or someone else you didnt like...........you would have used it and called the US Marshall! Lets be real.........knowbody's going to stand for it anymore!!

03-20-2010, 02:39 PM
and you get your information from?????
really pushed your button? You sound just like one of the ex employees who have tried to
keep stuff stirred up in ZHills for months.
I agree with the letter to Spina.
You accuse the officer who originally wrote the report of covering up, so now the sheriffs office who kept the records is guilty of cover up?
The offended party did indeed sign the paper,when he for some reason decided he did not like the arrangement and cried foul,he was quickly released from the agreement and the 5 ft of property returned to him.by the way same party later served several years in jail for
almost killing his partner/wife.He was accused of a sexual crime on a daughter.Nice upstanding citizen.
It appears that the thought of there being a problem was never considered.He signed an agreement.He agreed to this agreement,The parties involve seemingly acted in good faith.
When he recanted as criminals often do and regretted his agreement he found a loophold that allowed him to go back on his word.Did his word mean nothing? guess not.
But because someone got their wrist slapped at work a good man gets shafted.
Aint America Great?

03-20-2010, 04:35 PM
item #1 today... I have it on good report {an old friend of a friend or a local plummer]the chief just had a bowel movement.

item # 2....its been reported that a patrol officer ate lunch in his car and spilled musturd on his uniform...quick call the hasmet people.

item# 3....I have it on good authority ...a stray cat is running amuck in the streets of ZHILLS...where is animal control when we need them?[maybe he is busy looking up old records ]hope that cat dont scratch some little old lady and she gets the fever, dies, family sues the pants off of our fair city.

item #4... someone saw someone whispering to someone and I know they were conniving against someone that knows something about someone else.whew.. thats exhausting

last but not least #5....oh my god......a man was taking a shower in his house with his windows closed and he turned on the hot water and took liberties with himself..I think thats masturbeating to the beat of your own drum....

enough of the important news .. now lets get back to the business of gossip mongering and hate mail.

03-20-2010, 06:25 PM
[quote="tell the truth":1duzpl62]the truth here is a certain individual whom the capt had defended got pissed when he was

Just some additional information to "tell the truth"... besides the cat man you might look into say... an attorney and a dept. head with long red hair... lets just say, I overheard a conversation. Good luck![/quote:1duzpl62]

Thanks for the additional information! Remember, your cluster of slam supporters don't equal the amount that supports the Chief and Captains. Also, Honesty, Integrity and Honor will prevail! Now, take that to the bank!!!!!

03-20-2010, 07:39 PM
You assume that this person is a pee-on employee or former one. You probably never thought that this anonymous person just might be a pretty powerfull person themselves! Remember, somebodys watching!

03-20-2010, 08:03 PM
You assume that this person is a pee-on employee or former one. You probably never thought that this anonymous person just might be a pretty powerfull person themselves! Remember, somebodys watching!

Wow! That's the last piece to the puzzle, can I guess, a city council member? Whew, I would have never guessed! :lol:

03-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Maybe an FDLE agent!

03-20-2010, 09:58 PM

Somebody with that much power is going to believe everything written on this site? Gee, that must be why you believe everything you read in the newspaper and what disgruntled employees have to say. Here's a phrase that might help you out, there's always two sides to every story! As a cop, do you only interview one side? No, Investigations mean that, investigate both sides. Be careful, don't put all your eggs in one basket! Some of those eggs are rotten!

03-20-2010, 11:59 PM
OBVIOUSLY THE ANONYMOUS PERSON KNOWS THE WHOLE STORY AND IS ON THE INSIDE!

03-21-2010, 12:19 AM
Yes, alot closer than YOU know my friend.

03-21-2010, 10:43 PM
It's not about what the capt. did or how long ago it was but rather the fairness and integrity of the agency. We all know that IAs are a black mark on an officer's file and for that reason there are rules to when and how they are to be conducted. Many depts. including this one are guilty of using them to strongarm and intimidate officers into compliance with policy and personal agendas. They use them as a fear tactic to convince you that your better off keeping quiet rather than standing up for your rights. "Look at me, or speak to me the wrong way, and you'll get an IA!" We've all seen this with officers here recently and in the past. Even if the outcome is unfounded or not-sustained it can diminish your value in an applicant pool just because it happened! Almost like an insurance claim can, even if your not at fault!

These accusations, although in the distant past, are already substantiated and verified. The captain even acknowledged that in the newspaper article. These accusations involve a criminal act, that being a felony. The fact that someone "accidently" coded the capt. as a "witness" rather than a "suspect" has no bearing on the truth of the matter. The narrative of the report clearly demonstrates that capt. is a SUSPECT ALL DAY LONG! This was done on purpose to avoid detection when searching the master name index file. The capt. has numerous cases on file at the sheriff's office where he is listed as a "witness". These are cases where he is a law enforcement officer. By coding it that way, no one would think to read each case, and a background investigator would just pass over it. It is absolutely absurd and a desparate attempt to fend off these allegations based on this defense! They dont want to do an IA because they dont want to tarnish their friends personnel file. Thats it! But remember the last time that happened and a Chief and City manager decided to sweep something under the rug. It did'nt turn out too good for them, did it? Also, the rules in Florida administrative code (FAC) 11b-27 clearly state that no formal complaintant is necessary. The language is "When an agency becomes aware".............it further states that the agency MUST investigate when the allegations are involving a criminal charge and/or a moral character issue. The capt. actions involve BOTH of these!

All the officers here at ZPD should applaud this as an attempt to force uniformity in disciplinary actions. What would they do if it were you being accused! They would have no problem putting that IA in your file, would they? And Finally, although rarely used......civil liability and class action suits can be brought against the agency and administrators for looking the other way! Every officer and Citizen subject to this person's command has a right to be assured that they are qualified and meet state standards. The job requires certification for a reason and if that person is found to be operating and enforcing the law when his or her supervisor's knew or should have known that he was not in compliance with state law...........oh well, I think you know what comes next!

03-21-2010, 11:42 PM
It's very sad the city has to go through this. Because of this and the trouble Barnes caused the department will be scrutinized for a long time. Hopefully nothing will come of this.

03-22-2010, 12:10 AM
It's very sad the city has to go through this. Because of this and the trouble Barnes caused the department will be scrutinized for a long time. Hopefully nothing will come of this.

That's why if you are an officer in this department you need to get out as soon as possible. Do not associate yourself with this department any longer then you absolutely have to. If you're considered a "veteran" of this department, stuff like this and the previous Chief's antics makes it that much harder for you to ever leave this department and go to another one because the other departments wonder why you stayed there and what is possibly wrong with you or where you perhaps part of the problems in this department.

03-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Which of your officers are "veteran officers"?

03-22-2010, 12:43 AM
Very interesting.....

Royce and Janet Mitchell moved from Dade City to Cedar Key in 1999. On Friday, Janet said she's heard about what's going on in Zephyrhills — but said she had nothing to do with the packet.

She's still angry, though.

"He tried to steal our land from us," she said.

She said after she and her husband signed the document, McDougal said he was going to come back with a notary to make it official — but that never happened. Then, they found out he filed it without them.

"He didn't do us right," she said. "He lied."

Maybe City Council ought to call the Mitchell's to hear their side of the story, it's only fair.

03-22-2010, 11:41 AM
THE TRUTH GOES THROUGH THREE STAGES:

First, it is ridiculed;

Second, it is violently attacked;

Finally, it is accepted as self-evident!

03-22-2010, 11:45 AM
ZEPHYRHILLS — An anonymous person sent packets of information to city officials last week alleging wrong-doing by Capt. Jeff McDougal of the Zephyrhills Police Department.

The person — who signed a letter "concerned citizen" — says McDougal violated the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's moral character code.

"To whom it may concern,

I'm writing this letter to inform the City of Zephyrhills officials of some disturbing information concerning an employee in the Police department. This individual is Jeffrey D. McDougal. Recent events within the Police department have caused several individuals to question the integrity of Mr. McDougal."

The letter continues for three pages of the 17-page packet, which includes court and legal documents.

The event mentioned was not recent.

It began 18 years ago.

But the incident — and an alleged cover-up — are causing a bit of a stir at City Hall and the Police Department.

• • •

In 1992, McDougal and his wife lived next to Royce and Janet Mitchell in Dade City. According to the Pasco County Sheriff's Office and court documents, McDougal asked the Mitchells for an easement on their property to build a driveway. The Mitchells signed a document for the easement. McDougal, then working as a police officer for St. Leo, took the document to Wade Thomas, who notarized it even though he was not present when the Mitchells signed it. Then, according to reports, McDougal filed the document into the Pasco County court system in May 1992.

When the Mitchells found out the document was notarized and filed without their say-so, they called the Sheriff's Office, which investigated in February 1993.

McDougal promptly filed a quitclaim document in the court system to relinquish the easement.

In June 1993, Thomas was charged for fraudulently notarizing the document — a felony. He told authorities he didn't question McDougal because McDougal was a police officer.

Thomas pleaded not guilty and completed pretrial intervention — a kind of probation for first-time offenders that, if successfully completed, results in a charge being dropped.

McDougal was interviewed by deputies but was not charged.

Check 'Yes' or 'No'

McDougal was hired by the Zephyrhills Police Department in 1992 — after the notarized document was filed but before the Sheriff's Office investigation into the matter. In 2006, he pursued another job and became a reserve officer. When he came back to the department full-time in 2008, he filled out another employment application.

Question 7:

"Have you ever been detained by any law enforcement officer for investigative purposes or to your knowledge have you ever been the subject of or a suspect in any criminal investigation?"

McDougal checked "No."

The Concerned Citizen wrote to officials:

"The previous indiscretions of Jeff McDougal including the solicitation of Mr. Wade to commit a felony, presenting the false document as an official record, acknowledging the wrongdoing by deeding it back (After being reported), and lying about the incident on an employment application are all elements of a moral-character violation."

The anonymous author urged officials to "take appropriate action."

The present

City Manager Steve Spina got the packet Monday and talked with McDougal and Chief David Shears.

He said McDougal explained he was 24 at the time, and that it was a dispute between neighbors and he made a mistake. McDougal didn't check the "yes" box on his employment application because he said he was listed as a witness in the report.

"We are looking into it," Spina said Friday. He said no council members have asked him for an investigation into the allegations.

City Council president Jodi Wilkeson said she has known McDougal for years and he works "tirelessly" to better the community, noting his involvement in the Explorers program, in which young people learn about careers in law enforcement.

She said the whole hullabaloo sounds like a "he said, she said" situation.

"I'm more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt," Wilkeson said. "I believe he is a good and honorable man."

Council vice president Lance Smith also said the packet seems personal.

"Somebody is upset with him," Smith said. "That's obvious."

Smith wants McDougal to talk with council members — *either individually or as a group at a meeting **— about what did or didn't happen.

"Mr. McDougal did make a mistake," Smith said.

Royce and Janet Mitchell moved from Dade City to Cedar Key in 1999. On Friday, Janet said she's heard about what's going on in Zephyrhills — but said she had nothing to do with the packet.

She said after she and her husband signed the document, McDougal said he was going to come back with a notary to make it official — but that never happened. Then, they found out he filed it without them.

The captain

McDougal doesn't know who sent the packets to officials. He said he doesn't want to speculate on who it could be.

"I don't want to reward this kind of behavior," he said.

He said the easement incident was "more of a clerical error" and he felt awful when the notary was charged. He said his superiors at the Zephyrhills Police Department knew about it — so, he wasn't hiding anything. In 2008, he checked "no" on the application because he said he was listed as a witness in the investigation.

He said it's been a rough few days.

"That's the way the job goes sometimes," he said. "You have to have a thick skin."

03-22-2010, 01:14 PM
lets see here...the man signed an agreement to allow 5 ft of easement .this easement was to be part of a paved drive way to not only capts house but would benefit the man who signed the agreement. [that property needed any improvement it could get]again he signed the agreement, he was well aware that he was allowing easement.he them decided he was angry at said parties for something else[he was always a dangerous man, look at HIS record]so he found a loophole that allowed him to back out on his word.
This was finished 18 years ago.

I dont understand the problem here.

03-22-2010, 01:26 PM
are we through bashing our brother and can we move on?
I have a beef..why is there so many handicapped parking spots at walmart.my wife complains when she has to drive over half the lot to park.

03-22-2010, 02:03 PM
The situation is this, the officer did not break any laws in this situation but he did use his status as a police officer to request the notary to notarize a document without all the parties being present.

The notary was penalized for breaking the law, but the officer was not reprimanded or anything for using his position as a public servant. This is not a professional courtesy situation and he should have been reprimanded by the other department for this.

What worries me is apparently he is a "witness" or "officer" in other reports in an attempt to hide any wrong doing this officer may have done and this needs to be further looked at. There's something going on and it needs to be further looked into.

03-22-2010, 03:10 PM
isnt it possible the notary simply knew of capts status as a police officer and truly believed him to be honest when told pig farmer mitchell did indeed sign the agreement, or is that too simple?wait a minuit.... he did sign the agreement.. he just changed his mind.

03-22-2010, 03:24 PM
That's possible, but you also are implying that the captain was honest and he wasn't. You can't ever make me believe that the captain didn't know what he was doing wasn't wrong. You, as officers know you can't modify a document once it's been signed by the parties and that's exactly what he did. By the notary stamping this document it changes/modifies it. Your captain knew better and as soon as it started going downhill quickly he did a quit claim deed for it. It doesn't matter that the other side changed it's minds are that they are trash like everyone here implies. What matters is your captain took this document to a notary and requested the notary to notarize it for which the notary rightfully got into trouble for it but your captain got nothing. Is it illegal what he did? No, but is shows his character. He's not someone I want leading my department.

03-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Zephyrhills Police Department is corrupt starting with the city manager it may even run higher than that, City Council needs to remove Spina, Shears, and McDougal they bend and twist the rules for their own personal gain. Those of you that back them will have your throat slit soon enough. They are out for themselves.

03-22-2010, 04:26 PM
I think it's funny that I read the justification for McDougal's actions being that the man was a trashy pig farmer. So what you’re saying is that it's ok to go commit a crime as long as it's against someone that is trashy. Hmmm.... Is that Agency really filled with that mentality? Who are the Judge, Jury and Executioners? McDougal has been playing this role way to long with the higher ups covering for him. Seems like anything McDougal has touched (IA’s or Arrests) would now be in question. I seriously question the integrity of this man and the agency that supports him.

03-22-2010, 04:56 PM
I couldn't agree more with the two above posts. This captain needs to be shown the door along with the other corrupt officers in this department.

03-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Seems like anything McDougal has touched (IA’s or Arrests) would now be in question.

Ha ha, Now we are getting to the motivation. Who has the most IA's? Who has more to gain to see this man tarnished? That's distasteful and immature of you 372.

Stand on your own two feet and not on the backs of others Ken.

03-22-2010, 05:40 PM
I just love this place. I've been around a few of you and I know one of you real well and you guys act like a bunch of high school girls. To each other's face, you don't say anything, but boy can write crap about each other. :devil:

03-22-2010, 06:06 PM
I think the whole department's integrity should be questioned, McDougal is proof that this agency runs on a good old boy mentality. Just look back at the posts; those who support him have the same mentality. This agency should be cleaned out. It's unfortunate because there are a few really good officers’ there that get a bad rap due to McDougal and his supporters.

03-22-2010, 06:16 PM
I don't think the good officer's should have to suffer and they should keep their jobs however if the city would start with the City manager, the Chief and the Captain I am sure you would see much improvement. Unfortunately for most of the Good Officer's they can't leave because McDougal has tarnished their files. Mostly for not sharing the same mentality! How can the city strip these Officer's of the right to go to other agencies based on that.

03-22-2010, 06:30 PM
It's not how they did it, it's just they did it. The longer an officer stays with ZPD, the less likelyhood he or she will ever get out of there.

The surrounding agencies know all about ZPD and the nonsense that goes on there like this and are not likely to hire someone who has been with this department a very long time because they wonder why would someone stay in a department like that. So you hurt yourself by becoming a veteran of this department. It's almost funny, if it wasn't so true, that you are frowned upon by being a veteran in this department and people begin to wonder what the heck is wrong with you and why can't and didn't go somewhere else.

If you are starting out as an officer, you can get your feet wet at ZPD and get the hell out of there as fast as possible to another agency. If you stay for any length of time at this department, that's it for you especially if they don't like you. You are on the fast track to nowhere in this department.

When the fired/resigned the other Chief, they didn't fix the problems with this department, they just shuffled people around. It's like the shell game. The problems still remain just with different people as the players.

03-22-2010, 06:31 PM
In response to the post by weasel hunter, Ken runs circles around most of you arrogant jerks and it is hard to find good hearted cops like him and a few others there, I could name but I won’t in order to protect their innocence. It’s really a shame that the cut throats are the ones that make it to the top and people like him are the ones that get walked all over.

03-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Hey are you guys hiring?

03-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Sure they are, they're always hiring, just make sure you fill out your application in pencil so they can make changes to it whenever the mood strikes them -- LOL

03-22-2010, 10:09 PM
Only 2 1/2 months until it happens. Will you catch the big fish? One can only wish. :snicker:

03-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Hey just in case anyone needs more proof of what the Capt. is all about, here it is. It looks like Capt. retalliation is at it again. Calls to the S.O. trying to find out who is behind this have been made, why so the "I'm going to get you games" can commence. That little piece of info will be forwarded also, so Capt., you don't have the pull or friends you thought you had at the S.O. or anywhere else so your downfall continues. How does it feel to have your staff talk about you, continue not to respect you etc... Better turn up the write-ups so they too can also be reviewed for legitimacy. Chief, better cut the apron strings with your buddy, he is bringing you down! And for all of you McD's supporters, fill up his office with your love and support and see how that will benefit ya. Thanks Capt. for the good p.r., I am sure you will live comfortably on a records clerk salary! Oops was that loud. More to come....

03-22-2010, 10:46 PM
I think it's funny that I read the justification for McDougal's actions being that the man was a trashy pig farmer. So what you’re saying is that it's ok to go commit a crime as long as it's against someone that is trashy. Hmmm.... Is that Agency really filled with that mentality? Who are the Judge, Jury and Executioners? McDougal has been playing this role way to long with the higher ups covering for him. Seems like anything McDougal has touched (IA’s or Arrests) would now be in question. I seriously question the integrity of this man and the agency that supports him.

Very Good Point! Looks like a class action to me!

03-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Do you even know what a class action lawsuit is? You stupid redneck.

03-23-2010, 06:21 AM
The PIO at the s/o "KD" tipped off FDLE! Keep it up Mcdonald. Oh I mean Mcdougal! I got it mixed up with your next employer!

03-23-2010, 11:19 AM
The FDLE needs to come into this department and clear this crap up. It's getting real old to the citizens of the town that this crap keeps happening.

03-23-2010, 01:32 PM
what a bunch of idiotic crap you are spewing here.If you were doing your job as you were hired to do for your city you would not have time to be thinking up ways to screw each other and by the way if you were doing your job correctly and with dedication you would have no reason to be disgruntled.
Seriously.. take a look at your citys stats...Take a look at your new police building. Take a look at your crime rates compared to surrounding areas.You are a growing and evolving
entity here.
I retired from real estate many years ago and moved here to have peace and quiet.

I have that here.I am proud to say this is now my city by choice.I very confidently
can take my morning walk,I can stop and talk to nrighbors with no fear.I can shop where
I want to day or night.It is very comforting to see the patrol car and have the officer wave
or stop to chat.
When I heard about this website, I looked out of couriosity, now it is simply boring and
cruel.

yes, I know the few of you who get their knickers in a wad and act like crybabies will say go back home.guess What? I bought into this town.I own a lot of property here, pay a lot of taxes.spend my money here AND pay your salary.
.This is now my town too.And I am sick of the crap.

03-23-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm a citizen also, you better prepare yourself, but these officers don't like to be reminded that we pay their salaries. Hang on, you might get some nasty replies now. Maybe my posting this will not make them say anything to you.

03-23-2010, 02:01 PM
If your happy with the city then why complain. They are people just like us. Most of us have worked with people we didn't like. Besides, really you don't know who is actually posting this stuff. I wouldn't want to be reminded that you pay my salary constantly. Lord knows most people from the North think that we starved down here before they came. I ate before you came down and I'll be eating after you go back.

03-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Just a citizen, you have to admit you got to be getting tired of all this drama that constantly goes on with this department. It seems like we get over one drama episode and another one is right on it's heels. i.e. Barnes and now the Captain.

If it isn't the fire department it's the police department. If it isn't the police department it's the fire department. It just gets really old after awhile.

03-23-2010, 02:13 PM
It's going to take years to undo what was done. Rome wasn't built in a day. Is it really fair to bash everyone. There are good and bad people in any line of work. I can't complain. The times that I've needed help they were right there on the scene.

03-23-2010, 02:18 PM
I understand what you are saying, but I'm sure there's a lot more that has been going on with this department that we don't even know about and that is being hidden. That is why I truly hope that the FDLE does come out and take a look at this department. You can't repair Rome when Rome continually keeps having problems.

03-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Do you even know what a class action lawsuit is? You stupid redneck.

This is why you work for ZPD and can't get a job with a real agency!

03-23-2010, 03:16 PM
what a bunch of idiotic crap you are spewing here.If you were doing your job as you were hired to do for your city you would not have time to be thinking up ways to screw each other and by the way if you were doing your job correctly and with dedication you would have no reason to be disgruntled.
Seriously.. take a look at your citys stats...Take a look at your new police building. Take a look at your crime rates compared to surrounding areas.You are a growing and evolving
entity here.
I retired from real estate many years ago and moved here to have peace and quiet.

I have that here.I am proud to say this is now my city by choice.I very confidently
can take my morning walk,I can stop and talk to nrighbors with no fear.I can shop where
I want to day or night.It is very comforting to see the patrol car and have the officer wave
or stop to chat.
When I heard about this website, I looked out of couriosity, now it is simply boring and
cruel.

yes, I know the few of you who get their knickers in a wad and act like crybabies will say go back home.guess What? I bought into this town.I own a lot of property here, pay a lot of taxes.spend my money here AND pay your salary.
.This is now my town too.And I am sick of the crap.

You're name is no where on my check! You would be the first one to scream if things didn't go you're way! People like you think money can buy you everything, then again we are talking about a corrupt city so maybe it can here. Now it makes sense why you're choice was Zephyrhills. You're name must be on the City Manager's check. Hmmmm.....

03-23-2010, 03:21 PM
crapshoot, I warned you these officers don't like it when you point out to them your taxes make their salaries.

03-28-2010, 01:55 AM
ZEPHYRHILLS — An anonymous person sent packets of information to city officials last week alleging wrong-doing by Capt. Jeff McDougal of the Zephyrhills Police Department.

The person — who signed a letter "concerned citizen" — says McDougal violated the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's moral character code.

"To whom it may concern,

I'm writing this letter to inform the City of Zephyrhills officials of some disturbing information concerning an employee in the Police department. This individual is Jeffrey D. McDougal. Recent events within the Police department have caused several individuals to question the integrity of Mr. McDougal."

The letter continues for three pages of the 17-page packet, which includes court and legal documents.

The event mentioned was not recent.

It began 18 years ago.

But the incident — and an alleged cover-up — are causing a bit of a stir at City Hall and the Police Department.

• • •

In 1992, McDougal and his wife lived next to Royce and Janet Mitchell in Dade City. According to the Pasco County Sheriff's Office and court documents, McDougal asked the Mitchells for an easement on their property to build a driveway. The Mitchells signed a document for the easement. McDougal, then working as a police officer for St. Leo, took the document to Wade Thomas, who notarized it even though he was not present when the Mitchells signed it. Then, according to reports, McDougal filed the document into the Pasco County court system in May 1992.

When the Mitchells found out the document was notarized and filed without their say-so, they called the Sheriff's Office, which investigated in February 1993.

McDougal promptly filed a quitclaim document in the court system to relinquish the easement.

In June 1993, Thomas was charged for fraudulently notarizing the document — a felony. He told authorities he didn't question McDougal because McDougal was a police officer.

Thomas pleaded not guilty and completed pretrial intervention — a kind of probation for first-time offenders that, if successfully completed, results in a charge being dropped.

McDougal was interviewed by deputies but was not charged.

Check 'Yes' or 'No'

McDougal was hired by the Zephyrhills Police Department in 1992 — after the notarized document was filed but before the Sheriff's Office investigation into the matter. In 2006, he pursued another job and became a reserve officer. When he came back to the department full-time in 2008, he filled out another employment application.

Question 7:

"Have you ever been detained by any law enforcement officer for investigative purposes or to your knowledge have you ever been the subject of or a suspect in any criminal investigation?"

McDougal checked "No."

The Concerned Citizen wrote to officials:

"The previous indiscretions of Jeff McDougal including the solicitation of Mr. Wade to commit a felony, presenting the false document as an official record, acknowledging the wrongdoing by deeding it back (After being reported), and lying about the incident on an employment application are all elements of a moral-character violation."

The anonymous author urged officials to "take appropriate action."

The present

City Manager Steve Spina got the packet Monday and talked with McDougal and Chief David Shears.

He said McDougal explained he was 24 at the time, and that it was a dispute between neighbors and he made a mistake. McDougal didn't check the "yes" box on his employment application because he said he was listed as a witness in the report.

"We are looking into it," Spina said Friday. He said no council members have asked him for an investigation into the allegations.

City Council president Jodi Wilkeson said she has known McDougal for years and he works "tirelessly" to better the community, noting his involvement in the Explorers program, in which young people learn about careers in law enforcement.

She said the whole hullabaloo sounds like a "he said, she said" situation.

"I'm more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt," Wilkeson said. "I believe he is a good and honorable man."

Council vice president Lance Smith also said the packet seems personal.

"Somebody is upset with him," Smith said. "That's obvious."

Smith wants McDougal to talk with council members — *either individually or as a group at a meeting **— about what did or didn't happen.

"Mr. McDougal did make a mistake," Smith said.

The captain

McDougal doesn't know who sent the packets to officials. He said he doesn't want to speculate on who it could be.

"I don't want to reward this kind of behavior," he said.

He said the easement incident was "more of a clerical error" and he felt awful when the notary was charged. He said his superiors at the Zephyrhills Police Department knew about it — so, he wasn't hiding anything. In 2008, he checked "no" on the application because he said he was listed as a witness in the investigation.

He said it's been a rough few days.

"That's the way the job goes sometimes," he said. "You have to have a thick skin."