PDA

View Full Version : F-150's

08-21-2009, 08:11 PM
Anyone else hear (4) F-150's were purchased to try out? I thought we were getting away from Expeditions and staying with cars only. An F-150 would be great. If it's true I hope they like them and purchase more next year. To much crap to pack into a CV.

I also heard the new cars (48 of them I think) will be getting a lightbar across the back window and were going back to dark interior. The tan interior is crappy for what we do. If anyone has heard the same or something different let me know.

08-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Who really cares other than someone with no life!

08-21-2009, 10:57 PM

Apparently you for coming on here and taking the time to post a stupid reply. :wink:

08-22-2009, 02:59 AM
I was told by a CIP Ofc that there K9 guys were going to CV and their CPT was getting a F-150.

08-22-2009, 06:26 AM
I was told by a CIP Ofc that there K9 guys were going to CV and their CPT was getting a F-150.
CV = Convertible? You know Fido will like that! :devil:

08-22-2009, 02:41 PM

Apparently you for coming on here and taking the time to post a stupid reply. :wink:
What are you saying, you make no sense!

08-22-2009, 05:16 PM
CV = Convertible? You know Fido will like that! :devil:

Yeah yeah convertible......wait , I thought convertible was one word ? ? ? It must be spelled Con Vertible then... :roll: ANYWAYS.........

08-22-2009, 05:49 PM
D-1 told us in our meeting that the light bar on the inside rear dash and dark interior was going to happen. In fact I've already seen the rear dash light bar on one of the new cars. Not sure about f-150's

08-22-2009, 06:47 PM
D-1 told us in our meeting that the light bar on the inside rear dash and dark interior was going to happen. In fact I've already seen the rear dash light bar on one of the new cars. Not sure about f-150's

So are you , or D-1 saying that they are going to be slick tops or more lights like FHP has in their rear deck ( like the amber ones ). Not once in my 15 plus years here has an officer gotten an opportunity to have a marked slick top , nor do I think we ever will.

08-22-2009, 08:23 PM
[quote="me again!!!":3h50ia8e]D-1 told us in our meeting that the light bar on the inside rear dash and dark interior was going to happen. In fact I've already seen the rear dash light bar on one of the new cars. Not sure about f-150's

So are you , or D-1 saying that they are going to be slick tops or more lights like FHP has in their rear deck ( like the amber ones ). Not once in my 15 plus years here has an officer gotten an opportunity to have a marked slick top , nor do I think we ever will.[/quote:3h50ia8e]

Not a slicktop. More like FHP I guess. To the previous poster that said he say one, what brand is it?

08-22-2009, 10:09 PM
I haven't heard about or seen anything other than the good ole vics! LOL!

08-22-2009, 10:35 PM
After AB complained about the SUV's not having a pursuit package as required by the contract do not expect to see anything else! DId you notice what K-9 went to after his complaint?

08-23-2009, 12:30 AM
I heard that (4) F-150's were ordered and will be delivered in a month or so. I heard they are being assigned to Region IV (Tampa and Ft Myers). I heard the trucks will be marked and are not going to CIP but to the field where they will be used. I have also seen the new light bar in the rear glass and the hockey puck antenna was also installed inside the rear glass area of the car instead of on the roof. Looked pretty cool.

08-23-2009, 12:35 AM
I heard that (4) F-150's were ordered and will be delivered in a month or so. I heard they are being assigned to Region IV (Tampa and Ft Myers). I heard the trucks will be marked and are not going to CIP but to the field where they will be used. I have also seen the new light bar in the rear glass and the hockey puck antenna was also installed inside the rear glass area of the car instead of on the roof. Looked pretty cool.

How far along are the cars? Who outfit's them?

08-23-2009, 01:32 AM
Jacksonville company has the contract. Same company that just did the previous vehicles.

08-23-2009, 02:57 AM
Are they pursiut package F-150's? I doubt it since there is not such a thing. Look out for the greivance!

08-23-2009, 02:13 PM
After AB complained about the SUV's not having a pursuit package as required by the contract do not expect to see anything else! DId you notice what K-9 went to after his complaint?

I must have missed something here. A K-9 unit complained about not having a pursuit package??? Pursuit package for WHAT???? Tractor Trailers don't run and if they do, what do we have that couldn't keep up????

08-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Exactly

08-23-2009, 05:31 PM
No one complained about the pursuit package, it's in the contract that the vehicles are suppose to be. By our policy SUV's aren't alowed to pursue anyway. The K-9 vehicles are being replaced by the CV due to the fuel crisis this past year. NO ONE COMPLAINED!!!!!!

08-23-2009, 06:32 PM
No one complained about the pursuit package, it's in the contract that the vehicles are suppose to be. By our policy SUV's aren't alowed to pursue anyway. The K-9 vehicles are being replaced by the CV due to the fuel crisis this past year. NO ONE COMPLAINED!!!!!!

My Bad, the quote I was answering said "after AB complained". I thought that meant some complained.

08-24-2009, 01:48 AM
I forgot you believe everything you read and hear. You probably think Obama is GOD. What a tard.

08-24-2009, 12:13 PM
How do you kwon what AB said the HQ staff?

08-24-2009, 12:28 PM
One of the DOT yards in the Orlando area are also producing the aluminum scale racks and equipment holders. They are pretty sharp looking.

08-24-2009, 04:18 PM
I forgot you believe everything you read and hear. You probably think Obama is GOD. What a tard.

Thanks for the rude answer. Must be your way of communicating, so I will forgive. Sorry but didn't get the part about Obama, but I forgive that also. You need to practice a more humble way of communicating or has the DOT ruined you that much??? Stay safe.

11-22-2009, 01:42 AM
http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr158/tac53parsons/th_IMG00292-20091119-09551.jpg

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr158/tac53parsons/th_IMG00293-20091119-09561.jpg

11-22-2009, 01:46 AM

11-22-2009, 01:52 AM
http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr158/tac53parsons/th_IMG00292-20091119-09551.jpg (http://s479.photobucket.com/albums/rr158/tac53parsons/?action=view&current=IMG00292-20091119-09551.jpg)

DOTCOP345
11-23-2009, 01:41 AM
Thats cool, the one I saw in Tally had a light bar on it.

11-23-2009, 11:42 PM

The one in the pic isn't finished. There were no lights on it and the console wasn't installed yet. The fab shop in Oviedo is putting sliding bed trays in them and making scale racks for them.

DOTCOP345
11-24-2009, 01:42 AM

The one in the pic isn't finished. There were no lights on it and the console wasn't installed yet. The fab shop in Oviedo is putting sliding bed trays in them and making scale racks for them.

Oh. 10-4, Looks good either way, but I dont look for HQ to order them for everyone. I have heard that HQ is going to look at the new Caprice that Chevy is bringing back to the US as a police only vehicle. They will place another order of CV in 2010.

11-24-2009, 12:30 PM
What do you want to bet people think we are Road Rangers?

11-24-2009, 08:39 PM

That's what people think of us now (unless they are in back of us and see "State Law Enforcement")

11-26-2009, 05:36 PM

That's what people think of us now (unless they are in back of us and see "State Law Enforcement")

Must be sad to HAVE to have that in big letters on your car because people don't know what you do.

11-26-2009, 10:41 PM

Must be sad to HAVE to have that in big letters on your car because people don't know what you do.

Explain why that would be sad. I mean who really cares?

12-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Wow, that's sweet. What's white/blue and sleeps four? An FDOT F-150!

Dispatchers are going to have to scream even louder to wake a DELTA unit up!!!

12-06-2009, 10:53 AM

You are so funny, quit hating.

12-06-2009, 02:55 PM

And what's your point..whoever you are..You 10-65 your sig-4's , ETC. & I'll 10-65 my long uninterrupted lunch / dinner breaks and all other breaks in between..why? BECAUSE I / WE CAN :devil: :lol: And as always..Don't hate.

12-09-2009, 12:23 AM
[quote="Charger Boy":1r0ofqcr]Wow, that's sweet. What's white/blue and sleeps four? An FDOT F-150!

And what's your point..whoever you are..You 10-65 your sig-4's , ETC. & I'll 10-65 my long uninterrupted lunch / dinner breaks and all other breaks in between..why? BECAUSE I / WE CAN :devil: :lol: And as always..Don't hate.[/quote:1r0ofqcr]
And with that comment you still wonder why you're the Rodney Dangerfield of state law enforcement? "I don't get no respect!" :cry:

12-09-2009, 02:13 PM
[quote="same ol' haterz":wfdihug3][quote="Charger Boy":wfdihug3]Wow, that's sweet. What's white/blue and sleeps four? An FDOT F-150!

And what's your point..whoever you are..You 10-65 your sig-4's , ETC. & I'll 10-65 my long uninterrupted lunch / dinner breaks and all other breaks in between..why? BECAUSE I / WE CAN :devil: :lol: And as always..Don't hate.[/quote:wfdihug3]
And with that comment you still wonder why you're the Rodney Dangerfield of state law enforcement? "I don't get no respect!" :cry:[/quote:wfdihug3]

I am not going to fire a crack back. Simply answer the statement. Next time you have a commercial question, "CALL RODNEY DANGERFIELD". I was going to leave this as is. I will continue my 10-13's and backup anyone who needs help. I am just tired of the comments and then that same person needs help with commercial traffic. We all need to stop and think about what we write on this board. It is obvious most need to grow up, or get out. I enjoy what I do and if that bothers you apply, we are taking applications. If you enjoy what you are doing now, terrific and I am happy for you. Taking jabs and making stupid remarks only shows that your ignorant, stupid, jealous, or have no clue about law enforcement. Before you come back with a snide remark or smartass remark. Ask yourself, which category do I fit in. Wow, this started out as a smartass remark and ended up as a paragraph. I fit in the ignorant category, I have not worked for FHP, County, or PD and unless you have worked for DOT you should probably keep your comments on your own board. I would guess, that you would like to work for DOT and just couldn't for whatever reason. Money (low pay), don't want to be a diesel cop, think that were lazy, don't want to move around, don't want to get your hands dirty and uniform greasy, you are lazy. There are hundreds of reasons, you really just need to find the right one. I do not go on your board and start shit. Please stay off mine. If you have another snide or smartass remark to this, please feel free to refer back to the first part of this.

12-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Bottom line....this is a law enforcement website....why is DOT on here inthe first place?

12-10-2009, 09:45 PM
[quote="Guest"]Bottom line....this is a law enforcement website....why is DOT on here inthe first place?[/quote

Bottom line...........Don't be jealous......And you can always reapply.........at another date .....Whiner.....
Oh...and learn how to use a space bar Waldo......Oh , and also............. :mrgreen:

12-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Dispatch to Delta unit....come in.....Delta unit....

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

12-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Dispatch to Delta unit....come in.....Delta unit....

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dispatch to loser - wannabe....go back to police explorer board..over :cop:

12-14-2009, 12:38 AM
There are 2 kinds of wannabes

1) Explorers

2) DOT cops

12-14-2009, 09:19 PM
You lost me bud..How can a DOT COP be a wannabe COP when he / she is a COP as you've already stated..A definite head scratcher there. Come on back when you figure out what the hell it is you're talking about. :roll:

11-28-2010, 02:18 AM
//////////////////////////////////////////////////

12-08-2010, 04:33 AM
You lost me bud..How can a DOT COP be a wannabe COP when he / she is a COP as you've already stated..A definite head scratcher there. Come on back when you figure out what the hell it is you're talking about. :roll:

Try not pawning off what you catch......

12-08-2010, 07:48 PM

Try not pawning off what you catch......

How about they try driving the speed limit on I-10....that's impossible.

12-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Someone should drive with a video camera on in the mornings and record all of the FDOT and FHP officers on I-10 driving 85+ to the academy and turn it over to the news media to broadcast. And I get wrote up for my log book, what a stinking joke. It must be nice to be above the law.

12-13-2010, 11:27 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz