PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff supremely confident he'll be cleared in FDLE investi

08-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Ferrantes' don't seem to be letting go of the Bone they dug up!
This doesn't put Lee Co. in a good light AGAIN, the rest of the LEO community has to be wondering W T H is going on here.

http://www.news-press.com/article/20090821/SS15/908210391/1075&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

Lee County sherff is subject of preliminary state inquiry

BY PAT GILLESPIE
pgillespie@news-press.com

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement has opened a preliminary investigation into Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott.

The state is trying to determine if Scott has committed a crime after several former employees lodged a complaint against the sheriff in May.

FDLE spokeswoman Heather Smith said the department's Office of Executive Investigations is looking into allegations against Scott, although she wouldn't say what those allegations are. Smith said Gov. Charlie Crist and FDLE Commissioner Gerald Bailey are aware of the investigation.

“The commissioner is regularly briefed on their investigations,” Smith said. “In this particular circumstance, if FDLE is to investigate anyone who is subject to suspension or removal, our investigation must be at the direction of the governor.”

Scott has been made aware of the investigation.

“Yes, I am aware of the complaint and inquiry,” he wrote in response to questions. “I discussed the accusations at length with FDLE about two (2) weeks ago.”

Smith declined to comment on the specific allegations made by former employees or identify who made the complaint. Documents regarding the investigation are unavailable because the case is active. Smith said the former employees contacted FDLE’s Fort Myers office, but were referred to the Office of Executive Investigations in Tallahassee.

In late November and early December, several deputies began a covert investigation into Spence’s law enforcement connections, the story reported. The mission was compromised when Spence learned of a camera at the market.

Scott demoted, transferred or fired several deputies connected to the investigation. Of the employees shuffled, former Chief Deputy Charles Ferrante, former Capt. Dominick Ferrante and former Lt. Lee Bushong left in the spring. Bushong was brought back as a patrol sergeant in late May.

Contacted Thursday, neither Bushong nor the Ferrantes would comment.

08-21-2009, 01:13 PM
Of course neither Ferrante or Bushong would allow themselves to be interviewed again. If they get caught lying to a state agency, then it's all over and they could spend time in prison or jail. ANd if they comment in teh newspaper, they can be subpoened for any court case that may or may not result. I wonder if :evil: they are having breakfast with Marian?

08-22-2009, 09:36 AM
No - it appears you are, silly poster.

I have one work for you - Tool.

That is what you are - an idiotic baseless tool. :devil:

08-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Sheriff supremely confident he'll be cleared in FDLE investigation

yeah well, his well connected influence peddling buddy Spence probably already has the fix in for him. From what i've read so far i wouldn't be surprised.

08-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Of course neither Ferrante or Bushong would allow themselves to be interviewed again. If they get caught lying to a state agency, then it's all over and they could spend time in prison or jail. ANd if they comment in teh newspaper, they can be subpoened for any court case that may or may not result. I wonder if :evil: they are having breakfast with Marian?

Im sure you believe having breakfast with Marian is far worse than all the meals Mike and **** had together! Shall we guess why there is no mention of Mike in your post? Hmmmm.....let me guess, you believe that its the Ferrantes and Bushong as well as the NP, who are the real crimminals trying to take down a man of honesty and integrity! Right? I mean its so obvious that Mikes firing and rehiring of Lee, and his IA and polygraph on his own chief and brother were justified and NOBODY in this agency is aware of any wrong doing on the Sheriffs end! The NP is a liberal rag now but not when they helped Mike put Shoaps name to the equivelant of horse shizzat during election time! Had the Ferrantes of Bushong (or any member of the agency) developed a relationship with spence Mike would never assume they had knowledge of his past and clear their names! LOL! Anyway, Keep trollling and you might have some luck swaying the opinions of those who are outside your inner circle!