PDA

View Full Version : POLICE BROTHERHOOD!?

wife-of-fl-leo
08-17-2009, 08:40 PM
I have been married to a Florida LEO for about 15 years. Throughout those years I have been in heated debates with my husband with certain issues that gets under his skin and he trusts me enough to give him an unbiased answer. I can not believe the amount of "soap opera" stuff goes on at his agency. So, I ask myself why! He told me about this website and dared me to go there and see what type of stuff people write about. I was shocked! I am not naive enough to know that there are probably many non leo people that are just trying to stir the pot but there are also issues posted that only leo's in the agency would know about. I have also searched other Florida agencies and see the same type of stuff going on there. Why would some people air out personal and business related issues on a public site such as this?

My husband always talks about the brotherhood amongst officers. I only see the brotherhood amongst his close few friends. Others call it a clique but I call it trust. I feel sorry for all you "workers" being held down by the select few complainers! Please know that there are still some of us out here that continue to support our local law enforcement no matter what soap opera issues others bring up here. It's enough worrying about my husband coming home each night, now I have to worry about his own stabbing him in the back1 God Bless You All and Stay Safe!

Concerned Wife

08-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Twenty years on the job...never seen anything like this. Let your husband know that there are still some old school cops out here. Thick or thin, I have his six.

08-18-2009, 02:49 AM
that is the coolest thing I have read on this INSANE site ever. Tell your Husband he is NOT alone. I don't care who any of us are, I will run Code until my car burns (and then I will run) to ANY COP no matter who they are and where they work. The Brotherhood is all that should matter out there. PERIOD.

We are all we will ever have. Its a shame, some of the things I have seen between COPS, as if what we see in the streets is not enough. Doesn't this job cost us enough already without this nonsense. It costs marriages, health, well being, sleep, peace of mind, loneliness and so forth....
Why hate on each other. If it was like that in Iraq I would have never came home.

Think about it.

wife-of-fl-leo
08-18-2009, 03:59 AM
Thank you to the guests that have responded to my post. It is good to know that there are some out there who disagree with all this nonsense. I have not seen a post yet that remains professional and couteous all around. Many have tried but the viruses continue to add their non-sense. I told my husband that I registered on this site to speak the good for all the deputies at the LCSO. I know that I may not know about all the "drama" but that's exactly what it is....DRAMA! I hope you can all look beyond it and do what we entrust in you...to be our guardians of the night!

08-18-2009, 06:29 PM
You are so right they should be looking out for each others backs not causing trouble

what i have read hear over the last 6 months is a lot of X-CPOS that are trying to make them selfs look good by draging down there fellow worker

its a shame they cant grow up and stop trying to make it bad on ever one else who had worked with them

some of them dont even know how hard some have tried to keep them from getting in troble and loosing there jobs.. but they dont seem to care about that just the blam game instead of owening up to what hey did wrong

any way tell your husband to keep up the good work and thank you for being a good wife to back him up have a great day and be safe out there with all them nuts

08-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Brotherhood of the badge! Sounds real good when your going through the academy, FTO, and maybe your first few years on the job. After seeing the backstabbing and the politically motivated retaliation, I've seen the light! The only ones that really matter is your family! I've never seen a tomb stone with Loving Deputy or Loving Officer written on it. Never put the job before family!