PDA

View Full Version : Four days and no one can say a union is bad except mike scot

08-15-2009, 04:09 AM
Why is it that nobody can give any facts to support their negative positions on a union? WHy is it that no one can post any facts stating that an agency fared worse because of a union? Because it isn't true. Why is it that no one can post that a agency has lost nealthcare as a result of unionization? Because it isnt true. Why is it that management is so against this union that they send emails with fiction in it, and allow an ill informed deputy post a negative comment in roll call books? Because they are afraid that they now have to be above board.

Again identify one agency that lost because of unionization. Do you see cops getting fired left and right in union shops in jurisdictions around you? No. Do you see out of order promotions in unionized agencies? No. Do they feel that they are worse or better off because they have unionized? Better.

Unionized agencies have significantly better compensation and benefits packages, much more stable job security, a monitored internal investigations process, in order promotions (though most contracts allow management to move a percentage as they see fit...which I agree with), membership creating and voting on contracts, lobbying power, and legal representation.

Again, show just one instance where an agency lost because they unionized. Vote to move forward with a contract. PERC represents 400,000 unionized employees in the State of Florida. That means that we account for less than one percent. Are tehy all wrong? FOP and PBA represent over 70000 police officers i n the State of Florida. Are all of those cops wrong? there are only a few non union agencies left in this State. Are they all wrong? Most every Sheriff loves having the union for obvious political reasons.

Vote for whatever union you want but vote for a union.

08-15-2009, 04:37 AM
Why is PBA having us fill out the cards, while FOP does not? Why is FOP not welcomed by the admin? I want the union to represent us, not the management.

08-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Amen.

08-24-2009, 08:42 PM
In case you missed this in a previous post - please read

Read this from FMPD before you doom us all....
by PBA exposed on 08/19/09 14:08:35

Dozens of posts like this one...do your research, we don't need PBA, look into another union!

To my brothers and sisters in green, I can't believe what I'm reading in the NewsPress about you guys wanting to become members of the Professional Bowler's Association union! You guys are absolutely crazy if you decide to join this union. I'm all for supporting your effort to become unionized, but your joining the wrong union. Pendergrass is the worst union president we have had in a long time at FMPD. This guy isn't going to do anything for you ,unless there's some type of financial gain for himself. Do you really think Cecil is going to fight for you against Sheriff Scott. Scott and Pendergrass are buddies, who hang out together at Republican luncheons, and fundraising golf tournaments. Here are some of the facts about the PBA: 1) our union board has three Sgts on it there's only five titled positions on the board, no street cops allowed. They refuse to put their positions up for a vote, even though 80% of the officers that work here now never voted for these members to be on the board. Do you think a Union board made up of three supervisor's are going to put their neck on the line against the Chief for the average Joe and Jane street cop? 2) Cecil's been president since 2004 , his term was supposed to be up in 2008 ,and due to his retirement, his spot was to be open for a new vote. Cecil however conducted some back handed deal with the higher ups of the PBA in Tallahassee , which allowed him to extend his rule until 2012! Sounds like Communism to me? Cecil's been challenged on this web-site to place all union positions up for a new vote, but refuses to do it , because he knows he will lose! 3)During the 2004 elections if word got out that you were going to vote for someone other than Cecil, mysteriously many members were not mailed a ballot to vote in the election. The second part of this is that the ballots were counted in Tallahassee and the only members allowed to witness the ballot counting were members that voted for Cecil. 4) Listen all this crap the Ferrante's were doing to you guys, happens here on a weekly basis and is never challenged by the PBA. The bottom line is whether you have a union or not, if your not in the good old boy network, Sheriff Scott or in our case Chief Baker is going to fire you if they can pin the smallest little policy violation on you. Your chances at winning the lottery are higher than you keeping your job. The Chief and his GOB's here at FMPD remove cops from specialty units, and place them back to the road with no legitimate reasoning all the time. The PBA does nothing about it! The "Guest" asked about bad experiences with the PBA, where do I start? This is a list of what bad PBA union representation does for FMPD officers?

Dental insurance doubled in cost, Health insurance tripled in cost, we wear outdated vests, still wearing polyester uniforms, officers drive 2001 Crown Vic's with over 120.000 miles, some have no shotguns in the patrol cars, pay for your own duty boots, some cops have to work without lap tops, we're going to have two citizens review boards,over the last 4 years street cops got 3% raises , while Sgt's to chief received 10% to 17% raises, one Lt. and three Sgts to oversee seven patrol units during a 12 hour shift, 80 hour work week rule,if you work over time during the eighty hour work week and have to use a comp day for a unforeseen family emergency all your overtime is considered straight time, lateral movement within the department limited, education requirements for us ,but the chief has some of his administration working right now with nothing more than a high school diploma, anonymous complaints all turn into I.A.'s without no repercussion for false accusations , a mayor and city manager who want to turn our pension into a 401K plan, and I can go on and on. You guys need to do real research before joining this union, ask yourself why so many of our officers go to LCSO .

Listen if our union is so great, we welcome deputy's to come on over and apply with us. We have 40 spots open , and there's a reason for it .( LEFT OVER BAD MANAGEMENT FROM THE HILTON DAYS & A BAD UNION) I personally would head for the FOP if your going to join any union. My view's on this post represent many experiences dealing with the PBA, and I and all the other FMPD officers have more to gain than lose by LCSO deputies joining the PBA. FMPD street cops would join the FOP tomorrow , if they were confident the GOB's at FMPD wouldn't try dirty techniques to fire them. I wish all of the deputies a lot of luck, and hope you select a union that best fits your desire for fair and just representation against corrupt upper management.PBA exposed

08-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Why is it that nobody can give any facts to support their negative positions on a union? WHy is it that no one can post any facts stating that an agency fared worse because of a union? Because it isn't true. Why is it that no one can post that a agency has lost nealthcare as a result of unionization? Because it isnt true. Why is it that management is so against this union that they send emails with fiction in it, and allow an ill informed deputy post a negative comment in roll call books? Because they are afraid that they now have to be above board.

Again identify one agency that lost because of unionization. Do you see cops getting fired left and right in union shops in jurisdictions around you? No. Do you see out of order promotions in unionized agencies? No. Do they feel that they are worse or better off because they have unionized? Better.

Unionized agencies have significantly better compensation and benefits packages, much more stable job security, a monitored internal investigations process, in order promotions (though most contracts allow management to move a percentage as they see fit...which I agree with), membership creating and voting on contracts, lobbying power, and legal representation.

Again, show just one instance where an agency lost because they unionized. Vote to move forward with a contract. PERC represents 400,000 unionized employees in the State of Florida. That means that we account for less than one percent. Are tehy all wrong? FOP and PBA represent over 70000 police officers i n the State of Florida. Are all of those cops wrong? there are only a few non union agencies left in this State. Are they all wrong? Most every Sheriff loves having the union for obvious political reasons.

Just in case you missed it again, don't make baseless idiotic claims. This website is filled with anti-pba topics.

Dozens of posts like this one...do your research, we don't need PBA, look into another union!

To my brothers and sisters in green, I can't believe what I'm reading in the NewsPress about you guys wanting to become members of the Professional Bowler's Association union! You guys are absolutely crazy if you decide to join this union. I'm all for supporting your effort to become unionized, but your joining the wrong union. Pendergrass is the worst union president we have had in a long time at FMPD. This guy isn't going to do anything for you ,unless there's some type of financial gain for himself. Do you really think Cecil is going to fight for you against Sheriff Scott. Scott and Pendergrass are buddies, who hang out together at Republican luncheons, and fundraising golf tournaments. Here are some of the facts about the PBA: 1) our union board has three Sgts on it there's only five titled positions on the board, no street cops allowed. They refuse to put their positions up for a vote, even though 80% of the officers that work here now never voted for these members to be on the board. Do you think a Union board made up of three supervisor's are going to put their neck on the line against the Chief for the average Joe and Jane street cop? 2) Cecil's been president since 2004 , his term was supposed to be up in 2008 ,and due to his retirement, his spot was to be open for a new vote. Cecil however conducted some back handed deal with the higher ups of the PBA in Tallahassee , which allowed him to extend his rule until 2012! Sounds like Communism to me? Cecil's been challenged on this web-site to place all union positions up for a new vote, but refuses to do it , because he knows he will lose! 3)During the 2004 elections if word got out that you were going to vote for someone other than Cecil, mysteriously many members were not mailed a ballot to vote in the election. The second part of this is that the ballots were counted in Tallahassee and the only members allowed to witness the ballot counting were members that voted for Cecil. 4) Listen all this crap the Ferrante's were doing to you guys, happens here on a weekly basis and is never challenged by the PBA. The bottom line is whether you have a union or not, if your not in the good old boy network, Sheriff Scott or in our case Chief Baker is going to fire you if they can pin the smallest little policy violation on you. Your chances at winning the lottery are higher than you keeping your job. The Chief and his GOB's here at FMPD remove cops from specialty units, and place them back to the road with no legitimate reasoning all the time. The PBA does nothing about it! The "Guest" asked about bad experiences with the PBA, where do I start? This is a list of what bad PBA union representation does for FMPD officers?

Dental insurance doubled in cost, Health insurance tripled in cost, we wear outdated vests, still wearing polyester uniforms, officers drive 2001 Crown Vic's with over 120.000 miles, some have no shotguns in the patrol cars, pay for your own duty boots, some cops have to work without lap tops, we're going to have two citizens review boards,over the last 4 years street cops got 3% raises , while Sgt's to chief received 10% to 17% raises, one Lt. and three Sgts to oversee seven patrol units during a 12 hour shift, 80 hour work week rule,if you work over time during the eighty hour work week and have to use a comp day for a unforeseen family emergency all your overtime is considered straight time, lateral movement within the department limited, education requirements for us ,but the chief has some of his administration working right now with nothing more than a high school diploma, anonymous complaints all turn into I.A.'s without no repercussion for false accusations , a mayor and city manager who want to turn our pension into a 401K plan, and I can go on and on. You guys need to do real research before joining this union, ask yourself why so many of our officers go to LCSO .

Listen if our union is so great, we welcome deputy's to come on over and apply with us. We have 40 spots open , and there's a reason for it .( LEFT OVER BAD MANAGEMENT FROM THE HILTON DAYS & A BAD UNION) I personally would head for the FOP if your going to join any union. My view's on this post represent many experiences dealing with the PBA, and I and all the other FMPD officers have more to gain than lose by LCSO deputies joining the PBA. FMPD street cops would join the FOP tomorrow , if they were confident the GOB's at FMPD wouldn't try dirty techniques to fire them. I wish all of the deputies a lot of luck, and hope you select a union that best fits your desire for fair and just representation against corrupt upper management.

08-25-2009, 01:22 AM
FOP was not allowed to come speak to us. They were not allowed to come to department locations or on property. Call the local rep for FOP Bill Hastings and he'll confirm it. you need to remember this when you do make a decision no matter which way you go, just remember to make a decision that is based on information you have from PBA and FOP.

08-25-2009, 07:10 PM
cecil is real good friends with the sheriff. period. make up your own mind based on research.
stay safe my brothers.

08-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Who was the ill-informed deputy that posted a negative comment in roll-call? And why is he being persecuted for standing up for what he believes to be right? It sounds like he is one of few that is brave enough to at least question the motives of the union publicly.

08-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Who was the ill-informed deputy that posted a negative comment in roll-call? And why is he being persecuted for standing up for what he believes to be right? It sounds like he is one of few that is brave enough to at least question the motives of the union publicly.Or he is kissing ass. Don't send that crap through the dept mail. I don't want to read his 1yr opinion.

08-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Who was the ill-informed deputy that posted a negative comment in roll-call? And why is he being persecuted for standing up for what he believes to be right? It sounds like he is one of few that is brave enough to at least question the motives of the union publicly.

Well, the fact is, these three have circulated a letter already that is based almost one hundred percent in fantasy. Brave enough? Would you question their motives? Perhaps you should look at their campaign donations, personal relationships with elected officals as well as their professional pasts. They put their phone numbers down. Call them. I think that would be an ey opener. Also, can someone get with Cecil Pendergrass to see if this is a violation of state or fed perc? Seems to me that it is.

08-26-2009, 10:38 AM

08-26-2009, 02:00 PM
FOP was not allowed to come speak to us. They were not allowed to come to department locations or on property. Call the local rep for FOP Bill Hastings and he'll confirm it. you need to remember this when you do make a decision no matter which way you go, just remember to make a decision that is based on information you have from PBA and FOP.

why is this?

08-26-2009, 02:37 PM

The above statement is absolutely false, the PBA has been rejected time and time again, but they keep coming back. Many district commanders have not allowed them in the districts. So they came back during different shifts with different supervisors in an attempt to contact our membership. Some supervisors and civilians took it upon themselves to throw literature away before you even got it, even though the mail was addressed to you personally.

I have spoken with Bill Hastings, Paul Noeske, and CCPD's K. G., from the FOP, and have only received complaints about our support for the FOP. I have the emails. Someone else personally asked the president of the FOP to get involved, over two months ago, yet we have been let down on four... yes ... four occasions by the FOP. Do we still want these guys to represent us?

FOP wanted a core membership before they would even come and assist with any of the blue card vote. They wanted LCSO prepaid FOP Members to be collecting blue cards. Who was going to be handing out blue cards with NO FOP support? The PBA has taken that task on with little assistance from us.

08-28-2009, 05:34 PM

Listen if our union is so great, we welcome deputy's to come on over and apply with us. We have 40 spots open , and there's a reason for it .( LEFT OVER BAD MANAGEMENT FROM THE HILTON DAYS & A BAD UNION) I personally would head for the FOP if your going to join any union. My view's on this post represent many experiences dealing with the PBA, and I and all the other FMPD officers have more to gain than lose by LCSO deputies joining the PBA. FMPD street cops would join the FOP tomorrow , if they were confident the GOB's at FMPD wouldn't try dirty techniques to fire them. I wish all of the deputies a lot of luck, and hope you select a union that best fits your desire for fair and just representation against corrupt upper management.PBA exposed
Well this must be Serge who got fired because he is stupid and beats up handcuff prisoners"" Your not so true after all no one at FMPD thinks that way just the fools that got caught and lost theirs jobs like you. we have been taken care of by the PBA so grow up and get a JOB" Oh sorry no one will hire you. If this was true LCSO then we would vote for the FOP but the few that did in the past did not get service from the FOP or left anyway. Stick with PBA.

08-29-2009, 12:07 AM
Here you go again, read it this time...

Listen if our union is so great, we welcome deputy's to come on over and apply with us. We have 40 spots open , and there's a reason for it .( LEFT OVER BAD MANAGEMENT FROM THE HILTON DAYS & A BAD UNION) I personally would head for the FOP if your going to join any union. My view's on this post represent many experiences dealing with the PBA, and I and all the other FMPD officers have more to gain than lose by LCSO deputies joining the PBA. FMPD street cops would join the FOP tomorrow , if they were confident the GOB's at FMPD wouldn't try dirty techniques to fire them. I wish all of the deputies a lot of luck, and hope you select a union that best fits your desire for fair and just representation against corrupt upper management.

08-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Here you go again, read it this time...

Hey guys.Listen to this guy if you want. But if you call over to fmpd, you will see that they arevastly infavor of teh PBA. If it is so bad over thre, why do they keep teh union? It takes nothing to get rid of them. THis guy is just a bitter employee.

08-29-2009, 01:16 PM
http://www.lehighvalleyclc.org/norma%20rae.bmphttp://www.lehighvalleyclc.org/norma%20rae.bmp

08-30-2009, 02:51 AM
I worked for the state and the PBA did nothing for us. They only took the dues. They SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

08-30-2009, 04:02 AM

Sorry for this false statements from this cry baby that may not even work at FMPD, i do and have been here for going on 4 years. I am here to tell you these statements are not true to the most part. Our board was voted in and the members were promoted after being on th the board of the PBA, so why should they resign? the board covers Sgt and Lts too?. I asked about the election and no one ran against Cecil. So there was no election for the office. I guess that means everyone must be happy with his job" Yes it would be nice to have some more lap tops, but hello; that is not in the contract it is up to the admin to provide those items for us so we can do our job. Now stop crying and go to work or get a job ""

08-30-2009, 05:19 PM
Hey FMPD ROOKIE, umm take your ass back to the academy and learn what the difference between BS and ass kissing douche. 4 years? Thats it????? First off no one ran against Cecil because no one knew about the "secret election" that had taken place behind our backs. Why don't you just down a liter of Kool-Aide and do us all a favor and leave, go work for LCSO if you want to praise the PBS so much. Maybe you can get on their board and pull scandalist and corrupt governing. Think about it, you will do us all a favor.