PDA

View Full Version : florida highway patrol PBA

08-14-2009, 06:45 PM
No pay step plan. Not even when the economy was good. They took a paycut this year!!! again without a step plan. A 20 year veteran trooper makes as much a recruit out of the academy. 20 years ago, every county in the state had more troopers than we have now, considering the population boom in Florida. Now, you are lucky if there is 1 trooper for 3, sometimes 5 counties. Way to go PBA. Did I mention no step plan for the past almost 20 years???

I am not against a union. I mainly would like some legal representation benefits, as most do, but don't let PBA push their junk down our throats. There are far better unions out there.

Let's not rush with this and regret our decision later on.

http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masonicmuseum/fraternalism/images/fop_star.gif
http://www.fop.net

08-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Thank you,

I as well think it is time to discuss options, PBA, FOP or neither.

I've contacted the PBA and FOP, with no response.

What do we really have to gain, if it is something tangible, then great. If it means thirteen months of empty promises, we have enough of that already.

Does anyone have a plan as to the next step?

Our current budget is being submitted next month, do we pay union dues for a year to find out we were duped?

08-14-2009, 07:25 PM
I wanted to let you know I've spoken to the FOP rep in our area. They want to speak with deputies to let them know about their union and what they can do. It has come to light that they contacted the sheriff and asked to come on property to speak with us. The sheriff told them no. They are asking to be contacted with any information to verify and confirm when the PBA was on property to visit and discuss their union. I know they were at the districts and were allowed to speak, I encourage you to contact the FOP and give them this information, there is a reason the sheriff doesn't want the FOP here. Think about it. here is the contact for the local FOP rep, fopstaterep@aol.com his name is Bill Hastings

08-14-2009, 08:58 PM
I wanted to let you know I've spoken to the FOP rep in our area. They want to speak with deputies to let them know about their union and what they can do. It has come to light that they contacted the sheriff and asked to come on property to speak with us. The sheriff told them no. They are asking to be contacted with any information to verify and confirm when the PBA was on property to visit and discuss their union. I know they were at the districts and were allowed to speak, I encourage you to contact the FOP and give them this information, there is a reason the sheriff doesn't want the FOP here. Think about it. here is the contact for the local FOP rep, fopstaterep@aol.com his name is Bill Hastings

Cecil and our admin are way too close to each other. Who's interests PBA is going to look out for? Think about it!

08-15-2009, 04:44 AM
fopstaterep@aol.com his name is Bill Hastings

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

08-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Charlotte County has FOP and they like it

08-16-2009, 07:42 PM
FOP is my choice. Don't want Scotts BFF Pendergrass as my union rep.
NO way :!:

08-17-2009, 11:59 AM
They took a paycut this year!!! again without a step plan.

No they didn't.

08-17-2009, 10:53 PM
I am a Trooper in Lee County. I have both PBA and our FAST. I have not had any problems with PBA. They have tried to get us raises, its the people outside of the agency that won't budge. I have called PBA and was given an immediate response. No, it wasn't for an investigation. I have seen them work for a fellow Trooper under investigation and they did their job. They helped the Trooper. Besides the pay issues that FHP has, I hate being the only Trooper out for 3 counties while on midnights. That is a safety issue and should have been addressed years ago. Good luck with whatever you all decide. Oh and thanks for the help out there and the backup. :P