PDA

View Full Version : Female K-9 Handler

08-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Sounds to me, like you’re a little mad you did not get the job or maybe your buddy didn’t. Well I can agree that people do get hooked up. As far as the Thorpe’s go, well it sounds like one of them got a dog. Don’t know how that one happened. I know, like you mentioned, Lt. Crone. What’s done is done and we just have to live with it. She will probably fail and someone else will get her dog. Maybe your buddy who didn’t make it will. Then again, could this be one of Thorpe’s reaching out, because they are angry that they have tried out numerous times and still don’t have a bite dog or one doesn’t have a dog at all. It makes you wonder. I agree Flint does not need a dog. I have never worked with her, but I know people that have. I met her during JAM meetings. Very good looking women, but not a cop. I don’t think she can put down the J-Low glasses and the press on nails.

08-14-2009, 09:44 PM
look at crone being politically correct. Behind the scenes crone, he knows ever move now before it happens. He was laying low for a while and now he is out in the open again. Just shows you how things changed over night when the storm came. THis place is a zoo.

08-14-2009, 11:34 PM
Sounds like a whole bunch of you feel threatened by a woman being in power. I bet you all are just mad cause you cant get some. Thats the only "reason" you would have such hate for a woman because you feel threatened by a strong woman or you are mad you she wont look your way.

08-15-2009, 01:25 AM
Sounds like a whole bunch of you feel threatened by a woman being in power. I bet you all are just mad cause you cant get some. Thats the only "reason" you would have such hate for a woman because you feel threatened by a strong woman or you are mad you she wont look your way.

I agree, sounds like somebody got their feelings hurt, because they got beat out by a girl. Seems like the girls are moving up fast. K-9, Narcs, Sgt. LT. everywhere. Guys get ready the girls are going to rule. You guys just seem to make us all look stupid. Girl Power!!!.

08-15-2009, 01:59 AM
She needs the dog to watch her ass because she is scared

08-15-2009, 10:02 AM
I think maybe you should get all the facts before you go to bat for her. If you ask the guys that are already in K-9, they will tell you she did not beat half the field. Yes she kind of held her own, but in no way did she deserve a dog. I wouldn’t say the men are just mad because she won’t look at them or because she won’t give it up. I got a feeling she already has given it up to a few. She got the position because of Lt. Crown. She knows she didn’t deserve that job. But just like anyone, she is not going to say no. Those of you that are defending her, please don’t do it because she is a girl and think I am coming down on her because I feel men are better then women, because that is not the case. I think women can do just about anything they put their mind to. Take a good look at what she has done hear in the department. Look how she acts when she does not get her way. If you really look and ask people who have worked with her or been in charge of her, you will find out that she does not need to be a cop, let alone a K-9 handler. She has no business in that field and is only going to get someone hurt. I have good friends who are supervisors in that unit. I will tell you this; she is not doing so hot. She does not take the time to be a real handler. She will fail and prove again, that a female officer could not succeed in that unit. Now of course she feels powerful, she feels her shit doesn’t stink. She figured she was the first female cop to have a dog. Well she is not. Though she thought she was. The last one was just a complete idiot. I will giver her some respect, but to say she deserved it, is wrong. You show me that and I will take back all I have said about her. All you have to do is take a step back and look who tried out. You can not tell me, she beat those people. She was not number one. How can someone who is out of shape, a J-Lo look alike, who couldn’t handle being a cop on the streets, walk into that tryout and beat out every guy and female their. Not likely. Now if a female from the jail tried out, then maybe I would think other wise. Flint could not chase a bad guy two hundred yards; she could not even handle her self on the streets. So now we think she can handle a 70 pound animal pulling her. No it is not happening. If you get a chance watch her try to control that dog. From what I hear, she is going to have some big time issues. She already does, but it will get worse. Again I think a women in the right position can do it as good as a man. But it has to be the right the women and the right position. Just like the first ever female in SWAT, think about that one. How did she make the team, when she couldn’t even do things on her own? Look at who her man is and was at the time. Most of you can see what is going on. It does not take a great deal of smarts to see, certain people are given things in this job. It will always be that way. I assure you, I do not have any desire to have a dog. I love what I do now and would not change it for the world. I just think their comes a time when we stop this bull S*** and start placing the right people in positions to make a difference. I don’t know about you, but the women are not taking over. I believe we have one women assigned to Narcs. How is she taking over anything? Unlike Flint she is a worker and always has been. I am in a position to help make changes, but people like Crone, Camp, and short, just to name a few are getting in the way. Hopefully not to much longer I can go out on a limb and take care of those people. If any of you want to get into debates about who is in power and where, let’s talk. I have been around for a long time and know more than most think. I have in side scoops about allot of issues. But don’t worry, after Mike's term, you will see some changes. The Shoap dictators will be gone, along with some others. See we need a sheriff who puts his neck out their and does away with people who are no good. Hell look at Sims. He is just taken up space. His A** needs to go. I look forward to having many educational discussions with you all. Remember what happen to the Brothers??????????????????????????

08-15-2009, 01:05 PM
I believe Beth Sterbans was the first female LCSO K-9 handler and I would put her up against anyone currently on the team. She might have even been a Sgt. in that unit, but not positive.

08-15-2009, 01:34 PM
She will fail and prove again, that a female officer could not succeed in that unit.

Are you suggesting that female officers are incapable of being K-9 officers? I know a dozen or so female K-9 officers who would probably disagree with you about that. What an idiotic thing to say.

08-15-2009, 02:34 PM
I think maybe you should get all the facts before you go to bat for her. If you ask the guys that are already in K-9, they will tell you she did not beat half the field. Yes she kind of held her own, but in no way did she deserve a dog. I wouldn’t say the men are just mad because she won’t look at them or because she won’t give it up. I got a feeling she already has given it up to a few. She got the position because of Lt. Crown. She knows she didn’t deserve that job. But just like anyone, she is not going to say no. Those of you that are defending her, please don’t do it because she is a girl and think I am coming down on her because I feel men are better then women, because that is not the case. I think women can do just about anything they put their mind to. Take a good look at what she has done hear in the department. Look how she acts when she does not get her way. If you really look and ask people who have worked with her or been in charge of her, you will find out that she does not need to be a cop, let alone a K-9 handler. She has no business in that field and is only going to get someone hurt. I have good friends who are supervisors in that unit. I will tell you this; she is not doing so hot. She does not take the time to be a real handler. She will fail and prove again, that a female officer could not succeed in that unit. Now of course she feels powerful, she feels her shizzat doesn’t stink. She figured she was the first female cop to have a dog. Well she is not. Though she thought she was. The last one was just a complete idiot. I will giver her some respect, but to say she deserved it, is wrong. You show me that and I will take back all I have said about her. All you have to do is take a step back and look who tried out. You can not tell me, she beat those people. She was not number one. How can someone who is out of shape, a J-Lo look alike, who couldn’t handle being a cop on the streets, walk into that tryout and beat out every guy and female their. Not likely. Now if a female from the jail tried out, then maybe I would think other wise. Flint could not chase a bad guy two hundred yards; she could not even handle her self on the streets. So now we think she can handle a 70 pound animal pulling her. No it is not happening. If you get a chance watch her try to control that dog. From what I hear, she is going to have some big time issues. She already does, but it will get worse. Again I think a women in the right position can do it as good as a man. But it has to be the right the women and the right position. Just like the first ever female in SWAT, think about that one. How did she make the team, when she couldn’t even do things on her own? Look at who her man is and was at the time. Most of you can see what is going on. It does not take a great deal of smarts to see, certain people are given things in this job. It will always be that way. I assure you, I do not have any desire to have a dog. I love what I do now and would not change it for the world. I just think their comes a time when we stop this bull S*** and start placing the right people in positions to make a difference. I don’t know about you, but the women are not taking over. I believe we have one women assigned to Narcs. How is she taking over anything? Unlike Flint she is a worker and always has been. I am in a position to help make changes, but people like Crone, Camp, and short, just to name a few are getting in the way. Hopefully not to much longer I can go out on a limb and take care of those people. If any of you want to get into debates about who is in power and where, let’s talk. I have been around for a long time and know more than most think. I have in side scoops about allot of issues. But don’t worry, after Mike's term, you will see some changes. The Shoap dictators will be gone, along with some others. See we need a sheriff who puts his neck out their and does away with people who are no good. Hell look at Sims. He is just taken up space. His A** needs to go. I look forward to having many educational discussions with you all. Remember what happen to the Brothers??????????????????????????

It sounds to me like whoever wrote this is fed up with the bs and just wants to go out and get the bad guys. Magnify yourself by 400 and thats how most people feel. It sounds like you would be a great sheriff or leader one day and make that place top notch. your last sentence of what happened to the brothers, what does that mean? Are you against what happened or agree with their departure? either way i dont care but you make some great points about people that are getting in the way of this agency. This has always been the case around this agency and I am fed up with it also. The people who grow a set overnight and think they are great are the ones that prevent the good guys from doing their job. I wish I could meet you and sit down to talk. You think like me and I also have worked here for a long time and still enjoy doing my job. It is sickening to see the same thing occur year after year around this place. Beth Sturbens was a great cop and she did not play the I have power game like most females.

08-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Guys, you’re talking like K9 is some kind of elite super unit, we all know the truth that the dogs can't even find their own food bowls, so who cares if some dumb bimbo joins the unit, it'll hardly affect their usefulness

08-15-2009, 05:04 PM
I believe Beth Sterbans was the first female LCSO K-9 handler and I would put her up against anyone currently on the team. She might have even been a Sgt. in that unit, but not positive.

Beth Sterbens was an azz kickin deputy from the day she put on the uniform. She was an inspiration to all female officers back in the day... they wanted to work and be respected the way she was. She didn't duck calls or slow roll to them to make sure her backup got there first. Love love loved working with her and missed her when she left for greener pastures. Here's to ya girl! Enjoy retirement!!

08-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Flint could barely run the 1.5 mile run in the academy.

08-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Guys, you’re talking like K9 is some kind of elite super unit, we all know the truth that the dogs can't even find their own food bowls, so who cares if some dumb bimbo joins the unit, it'll hardly affect their usefulness
lol

08-15-2009, 07:06 PM

Finally someone whom recognizes! SNOOPY FOR PRESIDENT!

08-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Let me start off by saying I think a female officer is very capable of being a K-9 officer. I did not mean in anyway shape of form that a female can not do that job. Just like with any position in this department or any department the right female or male can do the job. Not every male is capable of doing all jobs. Just like with women. Look at some of the K-9 handlers that are males. Sure they know their dogs. They can work them. But physically they are hurting. Our dogs are some of the best out their. For someone to say “The dogs can't even find their own food bowls, so who cares if some dumb bimbo joins the unit, it'll hardly affect their usefulness.” Is dead wrong. A dog is only as good as its handler. We have some S**** handlers. I mean look who they just added to the Anti Crime Unit. I’m sorry, the Street Suppression Unit, or what ever their new name is. Look at the two handlers they got. One guy is so weird that his own unit can’t stand to be around him. Then you have the new guy Thorpe. Who in gods name would bring him into that unit and give him a dog. That guy has pissed off more people in this agency then I can think of. The guy is a total ass hole. From what I hear and have seen this guy will throw you under the bus. Not to mention he was an FTO. Look what happened with that. The guy got into some big trouble. If I am not mistaking he tried out and was told no because of the IA outcome. Rules are rules. We have them and follow them for a reason. With that said, why would they give him a dog? He was not even next in line. Again it falls back to good old Crown. I think someone mentioned all he does is hide and when the time is right he pops out. Yes very true. I have seen this guy screw people over time and time again to take care of his people. The good old Shoap era. It is time for him to move along him self. Or put him back on the road. I hear he will be getting promoted. Nice real nice. You would think other deputies would try to make the higher ups aware of the problems. People have to know who to go to and who not to go to. If you want things done right, you have to get to the Sheriff and get him informed. Certain people will try to block you. I think if enough of us get together and make the Sheriff aware of the problems with some of his brass, we can see some good changes. To my friend who would like to meet me. In due time. I have allot of plans for this agency. Yes some day I will run for Sheriff. I think Mike is doing a good job so far. I am a firm believe if something is not broken, don’t fix it. With the brothers leaving is an example of politics at its finest. I think it was a good thing and a bad thing. Our relationship with other agency’s were affected by Dom, but at the same time allot of good things were done. See what many of you have to understand is, everyone does things differently. You try to do things the best you can. It is not an easy job, when you are in charge of a specialty unit. I think all of his methods were not the best. But he had a very important job. I think he did it well. Would I have done things differently? Yes. One thing I would do is long term narcotics investigation. Take out some of the bigger people. Make it a real narcotics unit. Getting small stuff all the time just is not going to solve the drug problem in this county. We did a good job by getting Zoe. Excellent job. It took a while, but this agency got him. We all can Monday morning quarterback every unit and every commander etc….. But one thing is for sure we do need to get rid of some of the commanders and other brass. In time this agency will be top notch. Everyone will want to work for this department. It won’t happen under this Sheriff, just because too many people are affecting the mission of the Sheriff. Now we have this union thing buzzing around. It will only make it tougher to get rid of the waste of space people.
On to another note, why do we have so many civilians? Can any one tell me why? I know for a fact the county commissioner could help us all get raises, if we got rid of some of these civilians. We don’t need that many. Most of them are just collecting a pay check and getting bigger as the days go on. Also, there are only a few civilians in this department that should be making more than a deputy. The rest not only no, but hell no. This Sheriff needs to boot them before they get the teamsters on there side. Many of you don’t understand how are life’s could be made easier with less civilians. I will close this session with one last comment. I feel everyman and everywoman in this department has a reason for being here. I think this Sheriff needs to look at everyone who works under him and evaluate them. He can take the time and do his homework. Sure he has allot of important things going on that need his attention. No doubt about that. But he can not take the word of some one as god’s word. This department needs some big changes. Out with the old and in with the new. My friend who wants to meet me, remember that phrase. You will hear it again. I will use that along with many others when I run for Sheriff. I promise all of you who read this, pass this message on. I will make a difference in this agency. I will advise everyone weather junior deputy to major what I am doing and why. Every move will be for the needs of the department and for the needs of all who serve. I could make changes that would guarantee a pay raise every year. Mark my words you will see me and hear from me in the future.

08-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Got To Believe, I almost can't believe it. What you should change your name to is "Got to use spell check". I hope that you don't plan on leading by example, the last thing we need is a PBA contract written in crayon with funny little pictures of money everywhere.

08-22-2009, 12:47 AM
Beth Sterbens was the first female LCSO K9 handler, and her partner was "Buddie". Beth also worked MCU, Robbery, became a Sergeant later, then left LCSO and went to the SAO as an investigator . As for this new female K9 you are talking about, Flint? Isn't she related to Major Jim Jones from MCU? I wouldn't be blaming Lt. Crone. Just what the real good hard working female cops need, another female messing up every thing they have worked so hard for..... Jlow glasses? whats that about? the days of "Charlies Angles are over"

01-08-2010, 12:33 AM
She is sleeping with Sgt. Greene for months maybe years. That's why she got the k-9 position idiot...