PDA

View Full Version : Mike Scott thinks all his Deputies are "pigs and hogs"

08-12-2009, 11:35 PM
LEE COUNTY: Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott is defending some questionable comments he made in an email to county commissioners on Tuesday. Scott sent the email, voicing his opposition to deputy efforts to unionize.

He ended the email stating, "I am reminded of a popular saying, 'pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.'"

•Click here to read the entire email
We showed the email to Cecil Pendergrass, President of the Gulf Coast Chapter of the Police Benevolent Association.

"I hope he's not referring to his deputies as pigs, I really hope not," he said.

Sheriff Scott would not grant us an interview. But he said in a statement that he used the saying as an old cliché to suggest, "Greed and discontent do not typically result in a favorable outcome over the long haul. I maintain that members of the Lee County Sheriff's Office currently have as good or better an overall workplace than anyone. I also find it noteworthy that our agency seems to be about the only organization around not discussing pension concerns, furloughs, layoffs, etc."

Talk of unionizing at the sheriff's office is a way, Pendergrass says, for deputies to get some security during these insecure times.

By forming a union, deputies will also have collective bargaining power when it comes to salary negotiationS. A union vote is expected within the next month.

I wasnt aware that this is what the Sheriff thinks of the honor of the badge. Glad to know what us deputies mean to him,nothing but a bunch of pigs and hogs.

hardtothecore
08-12-2009, 11:45 PM
money,money,money, that is a bad reason alone to want to join a union. you want job security. Just work hard and eventually it will pay off. People act as if we are never going to get a raise again, well guess what, most of the country went without a raise this year, sooner or later is will come back to the days of 5-7% raises.

08-13-2009, 01:37 AM
talk about the hog that needs to be sent to slaughter for throwing us under the bus to the county commissioners and civilians we serve and protect?
expressing this makes core belief just tells me we're right for going union.
Not sure which between FOP or PBA but union.

08-13-2009, 01:59 AM
The bottom line is Cecil is only there to help because right now all you have is IA's that come out the way the IA dept and the sheriff want, along with NO Raises. You have a sheriff that calls you either a PIG or a HOG but either way - you are nasty stinky trash eating animals....WOW!!! Thats terrible. I don't care if I never got a raise, if I worked for your agency - I would be humiliated to have my sheriff call his deputies that and think of the honor of the badge and the thin blue line. If I was a fallen officer I would roll over in my grave. I don't know about anyone else but I have pride in the badge and worked hard to be a officer. Cecil is offering a union to help protect you as the officer and others if you are willing. My agency does not offer this but I dont know how you could go wrong because your turn over rate is the worst since Mike took office. He is a monster and getting worse by the day. I thought of coming to your agency but the stuff I see and read, scares me. LCSO is running by luck with a monster in the drivers seat. I would say - You deputies have nothing to loose only something to gain. Take a chance because the only other chance you have is trying to avoid pissing off the wrong people and you will be "FIRED" (because that seems to be the only punishment to fit mikes agency crimes) like all your other officers that put his or her life on the line for you in the line of duty. But once Mike kicks them out the door on his trumped up corruption charges- that he knows is wrong (but whos going to do anything about it), all the other employees treat the "casted out" as if they have the plague. Oh but don't forget - you could be one of the "casted out" very quickly with Mike. Cecil can only help keep Mike on restriction - And MIKE THE PIG AND HOG OWNER DOESN'T LIKE TO BE TOLD WHAT TO DO WITH HIS LIVE STOCK!!!!!

08-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Hey all, the way I read Mike's comments were: The Union is now the pig that will get fat and get slaughtered. I didn't take it as Mike saying his deputies are pigs. I've recently heard too many "old timers" say that the newbies are the reason the old timers are glad they are just a few years away from retirement because they don't know how to be law enforcement officers. I've seen it myself. If you tighten the standards then maybe some of these "I'm a cop, don't mess with me now" attitudes will not be hired. I hope that the good deputies keep on being good. There are many, many of you out there. Money isn't everything, but having a liveable wage is and I know you guys make it. Do you know how many government employees have lost their jobs due to budget cuts and some of you are griping about not getting a raise? Do you know how long it's been since a state employee has gotten a raise? The grass isn't always greener. Talk to your buddies in Collier to see how great the union is before you go unionizing. Talk to buddies in other states/jurisdictions before you go unionizing. I think many of you will see that the union isn't all that it's cracked up to be and that it doesn't really help when in times of need, like when you are getting fired on trumped up charges. Good luck and stay safet out there. Thanks for protecting us citizens.

08-13-2009, 02:24 PM
money,money,money, that is a bad reason alone to want to join a union. you want job security. Just work hard and eventually it will pay off. People act as if we are never going to get a raise again, well guess what, most of the country went without a raise this year, sooner or later is will come back to the days of 5-7% raises.

How about the class system in regards to discipline? How about two out of order promotions right before an exam? How about transfers for punishment? How about the good ole boy network? Show me one instance of where a union contract hurt a law enforcement agency? Crickets? Are those crickets? Silence is deafening because it has not been the case ever. How about anti unionization statements? How about threats from supervisors? How about threats from supervisors regarding unionization? How about being forced to take compensatory time instead of pay? How about putting what we have in writing? How about vioaltions of the police officers bill of rights? All you hear baout from those against the union is about pay. It is not about pay.

Just work hard? You have to be kidding me.

08-13-2009, 06:51 PM
If you wanted a raise you needed to have a Sheriff there who had a track record of getting you that raise,

08-15-2009, 02:34 AM
Spin?

08-15-2009, 11:52 PM
The Ferrante brothers have concocted a conspiracy with the News Press.

Those bastions of honesty!

08-17-2009, 05:48 AM

Its about time! It all makes sense now doesnt it? That is unless there are personal ties to the Sheriff! :wink: Im sure your trust in Mike was never stronger after his display of loyalty to his own Chief! Im sure his actions were based on true facts and should be accepted without question!(since he has always been honest and fair) Besides it involves the Ferrantes! You know the sponge, Chaaalie, mario bros, wannabee thugs (im sure you can add to this list).Of course all this name calling was not an attempt to arouse prejudice among peers, and the public to cover the lies of a real THUG!(propaganda 101) The voices of the educated,and informed ones have been surpressed in fear of retaliation! (hmmm .....that word rings a BELL!) :snicker:

08-17-2009, 03:33 PM

Its about time! It all makes sense now doesnt it? That is unless there are personal ties to the Sheriff! :wink: Im sure your trust in Mike was never stronger after his display of loyalty to his own Chief! Im sure his actions were based on true facts and should be accepted without question!(since he has always been honest and fair) Besides it involves the Ferrantes! You know the sponge, Chaaalie, mario bros, wannabee thugs (im sure you can add to this list).Of course all this name calling was not an attempt to arouse prejudice among peers, and the public to cover the lies of a real THUG!(propaganda 101) The voices of the educated,and informed ones have been surpressed in fear of retaliation! (hmmm .....that word rings a BELL!) :snicker:

Its too bad the Thug Bros couldnt make the cut! Mike prefers REAL thugs, not wannabees! :P

08-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Lots of us have worked for agencies represented by PBA and FOP. They will hire you a lawyer if you screw up real bad on the job but thats the only thing they will do. THEY WILL NOT MAKE YOUR EVERYDAY WORK PLACE A UTOPIA!
Young deputies, a union will not get us raises. Union reps are working for themselves and you will find that out after a couple of years of paying union dues and getting nothing in return. They will give you excuses for your money. Look at all the State Correction officers who came to Lee County and love it there, ask any of them and listen to what they say. Lee County is different in a good way. The Sheriff holds his upper management accountable and cares enough about his people to clean out a rats nest if needed.
A lieutenant was found guilty of cheating on her timesheet at Charlotte County and only received a demotion to Sgt. (thanks to Sheriff Davenport) and Im sure she will get her rank back soon. Most deputies are miserable there and its because the admin can do anything they want and get buy with it. I dont know about you but I dont like people who steal money by cheating on thier timesheets. Im sure if a Lee County Lieutenant gets caught stealing, they will be held accountable.

08-18-2009, 12:24 PM
I love those deputies who have been on board for only a year or two and start crying about things not being fare. They only know how to look for the bad and miss out on the good. They are quickest to judge and usually thier personal lives are in shambles due to thier imaturity. Ive seen guys forty years old who are still too imature to realize how good they have it at Lee County. Also they are out of sick time.

08-18-2009, 08:59 PM
What investigation there was no investigation till the Sheriff found out you were investigating him and trying to get his job. You two (Dom & Charlie) are so pathetic you have to try to steal the Sheriff's job cause there's no way in hell you could run and win. You lied to everyone who was involved about this "investigation", telling one lie to cover another lie. I guess what comes around goes around. Enjoy your little time in the spotlight, when the FEDs come to see you for using there name in your little scheme the truth (which you do not know) will be in the light for all to see. You guys pushed your way around the Sheriff's Office and now you are out. Good riddance!!!! The Sheriff may not be perfect and he has made some mistakes (YOU TWO) but at least he fixed his mistakes and has moved on. You guys don’t know how to move on all you know is how to drag people down to your level
You have the ear of the NP a media you hated and ranted about when you were here. Now you are in bed with them as if maybe you were always friends. How much more of the Sheriff’s Office’s time needs to be spent in defending themselves against you two? Please STOP wasting the taxpayer’s money that I thought when you were concerned with when you were here. MOVE ON WE DID!!!!!! You have abused us long enough.

08-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Oust the lying porker!!!! Mike, you are so full of it and ignorant to believe the people of Lee County will fall for your lies, you really do have a "big" head, figuratively and obviously. Frankly, you sicken me you maggot!

08-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Ryan Bell, a poor excuse for a human, not only fraternized with the "enemy", but he also treated his fellow employees in the Forensic Unit with disrespect, contempt, sexism and pure hatred . I wish Ferrante had given him half of the crap he gave the Forensics team. Unfortunately, Joslin didn't have the kahunas to stand up to Bell. By the way, if you mention man on man love to Bell, watch as he blanches and then turns red. It is really neat!!! Gee, Ry Ry, isn't it hard (pardon the pun) to hide your homo feelings in such a masculine environment? What is going to happen to you when the entire agency sees what you are? Even poor Amber cries, "not enough sex Ry Ry". It is just a shame that she is used for a cover for your sick mind. I wonder if Jones is gay too..... hmmmm. By the way, does the public know that there are no known male homosexuals in the agency?? Very interesting!!

08-18-2009, 11:11 PM
Ryan Bell, a poor excuse for a human, not only fraternized with the "enemy", but he also treated his fellow employees in the Forensic Unit with disrespect, contempt, sexism and pure hatred . I wish Ferrante had given him half of the crap he gave the Forensics team. Unfortunately, Joslin didn't have the kahunas to stand up to Bell. By the way, if you mention man on man love to Bell, watch as he blanches and then turns red. It is really neat!!! Gee, Ry Ry, isn't it hard (pardon the pun) to hide your homo feelings in such a masculine environment? What is going to happen to you when the entire agency sees what you are? Even poor Amber cries, "not enough sex Ry Ry". It is just a shame that she is used for a cover for your sick mind. I wonder if Jones is gay too..... hmmmm. By the way, does the public know that there are no known male homosexuals in the agency?? Very interesting!!

08-19-2009, 01:12 AM
Stop talking about the union and start talking about the real issues of corruption, favoritism and good 'ole boys!

08-23-2009, 01:34 AM
Guest, if you think PBA is gonna make your workplace fair, your nuts. If you go to PBA with any of your work related complaints, they will advise you right away, your gonna be retaliated against by the administration. Your best bet is to grow a pair an make your complaints now, without PBA. Look at the brite side, you will be saving 15-20 bucks a month on union dues and you will be getting the same results. We dont need PBA, they are a ripoff.

08-23-2009, 02:36 AM
Guest, if you think PBA is gonna make your workplace fair, your nuts. If you go to PBA with any of your work related complaints, they will advise you right away, your gonna be retaliated against by the administration. Your best bet is to grow a pair an make your complaints now, without PBA. Look at the brite side, you will be saving 15-20 bucks a month on union dues and you will be getting the same results. We dont need PBA, they are a ripoff.

Yea, why waste 15-20 a month on Union dues, when a $20 pair of knee pads can go a long way! Still theres no guarantee as long as MS is sheriff!

08-23-2009, 05:31 PM

Yea, why waste 15-20 a month on Union dues, when a $20 pair of knee pads can go a long way! Still theres no guarantee as long as MS is sheriff!

15-20 a month? Try $32.50 when you become a full fledge member! If u were spending 15-20 a month then how would you expect Cecil to be riding fly in his 90+ thousand Mercedes around Lee County? Just think is all I ask ya to do!

Peace meeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnn