PDA

View Full Version : Is LPD Hiring???

08-10-2009, 11:23 PM
Hey I'm about to go through the HCC poilce academy and once I get done with it I would really like to apply for LPD as well as some other departments around the area and I just had a few questions to ask some of you guys that might know, does the department usually hire new officers right out of the academy and do they like you to have A.A. or B.A. degree or are they not as important????? Also is it bad to apply for other departments or is it better to just try for one????

08-11-2009, 08:26 PM
AAAHHH HAA HAA HAAA HAA!!!! Excuse me!! (Cough Sputter) Excuse me, I thought you wrote that you wanted to apply at LPD!!! 'Oh, wait, you DID!! You did say you wanted to apply at LPD!! AAAHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA! You, HA HA HA HAAAA, you do REALIZE that this is the LAKELAND Police Department site, right?!?! We have a Chief who makes no decisions other that to order detectives to close investigations involving his friends and who allows people who perjure themselves in investigations to keep their jobs; two Deputy Chiefs who couldn't arrest their way out of a paper bag, even WITH a pile of charts and graphs; a third deputy chief who has no real function other than to sexually harass employees. Morale is lower than worm spunk, we have a city manager who outright lies to us and then tries to make us look evil. Despite the city growing by leaps and bounds, we are 10 officers SHORTER that we were a couple of years ago. Thanks! No seriously, thanks (sorry, I laughed so hard I'm crying), I needed a laugh. We all do. (He wants to apply here, God, what'll they think of next? What a hoot!)

(For those who like to respond, "If you don't like it here, go somewhere else," shove it. I'm exercising my freedom of speech. I don't like the department, but I love the job, and if we don't speak up in every forum available, nothing will change. Hopefully, things will swing the other way someday.)

08-12-2009, 01:42 AM
So you're trying to say I shouldn't apply here with LPD????

08-12-2009, 02:45 PM
He hit the nail right on the head. Everything he said was 100% true. No one in their right mind would apply at LPD right now. I hope you were joking about wanting to apply. Go somewhere else. There is no respect here anymore. Become a criminal, you will more proud of your decision than if you applied at LPD. But then again, we have plenty of criminals here too.

08-25-2009, 04:15 PM
But its my dream to work here