PDA

View Full Version : Cecil and the PBA lies

08-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Fact: A union couldn't get started under any other administration BUT it's pretty much a sure thing now.
Fact: Everyone from deputy to major is scared for thier jobs and never seen the backstabbing that occurs in the agency
Fact: There has never been this amount of fear and intimidation by a SHERIFF. The WHOLE agency talks about it

I'd give anything to have McDougall or Shoap back - At least you knew where they stood and had job security and stability. No raise for 3 YEARS! The troops NEVER had it this bad

Dont care about the politics - just the facts

Really? seriously? you got 138 votes out of more than 400. A sure thing, well if that's what you call it.

FACT The PBA has agreed to lay off Officers in FMPD, hiow would your family take being sold out by Cecil?

FACT The PBA has no bargaining power 0 with the Lee County Commisioners right now, they are laying off Firemen and teachers

FACT I will fight the PBA and encourage evryone I know to do the same (the 260ish votes that you didn't get) until they come clean with what they have planned, how to pay for all of these dream pay increases and mandatory overtime paid days.

FACT CECIL is a worm, with his own agenda, ask ANYONE at FMPD, ANYONE!

08-08-2009, 03:41 AM
138 is pretty good. WHy do you think the state puts the requirement at 30 %? Maybe because they know that many employees feel or are actually threatened? Besides, that is almost half of the road deputies. We will see what Cecil does. If he is full of BS then bring in the teamsters. Rumor has it that is who the civilians are talking to.

08-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Fact: A union couldn't get started under any other administration BUT it's pretty much a sure thing now.
Fact: Everyone from deputy to major is scared for thier jobs and never seen the backstabbing that occurs in the agency
Fact: There has never been this amount of fear and intimidation by a SHERIFF. The WHOLE agency talks about it

I'd give anything to have McDougall or Shoap back - At least you knew where they stood and had job security and stability. No raise for 3 YEARS! The troops NEVER had it this bad

Really? seriously? you got 138 votes out of more than 400. A sure thing, well if that's what you call it.

FACT The PBA has agreed to lay off Officers in FMPD, hiow would your family take being sold out by Cecil?

FACT The PBA has no bargaining power 0 with the Lee County Commisioners right now, they are laying off Firemen and teachers

FACT I will fight the PBA and encourage evryone I know to do the same (the 260ish votes that you didn't get) until they come clean with what they have planned, how to pay for all of these dream pay increases and mandatory overtime paid days.

FACT CECIL is a worm, with his own agenda, ask ANYONE at FMPD, ANYONE!

WHY DONT YOU TAKE ASWING AT CECIIL YOU SKINNY LITTLE WHITE WORM?!

08-08-2009, 05:07 PM
I am not for a union however, If a union is what 50 +1 wants, then it is what it is. The only suggestion I have is don't limit ourselves to the PBA. I have not heard good things about them and especially the local representation one would get. I would recommend we look at the FOP then. Give them a shot at representation before any vote were to happen. Hear what they have to offer first. We need the opportunity to make informed decisions after hearing from both.

08-09-2009, 12:18 AM
I am not for a union however, If a union is what 50 +1 wants, then it is what it is. The only suggestion I have is don't limit ourselves to the PBA. I have not heard good things about them and especially the local representation one would get. I would recommend we look at the FOP then. Give them a shot at representation before any vote were to happen. Hear what they have to offer first. We need the opportunity to make informed decisions after hearing from both.

Smartest post I have seen on this subject. WHy wouldn't someone want to hear from the FOP and Teamsters? How do we get to hear from them? Can someone please post a response here? I know it can be done because i looked at the states website and it talks about two unions presenting seperate contracts to the members for a vote. Just curious, why aren't you for the union? Lee County is one of the lowest paid agencies considering it is serving one of the largest populations. It seems that the unionized agencies are getting a lot more money with no real difference in benefits (getting this from the fop and pba contracts on the web). If you cant tell, I am pro-union. Levels the playng field IMHO.

08-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Here is the site for FOP. Someone would have to contact them and allow them to come in just like PBA pass out cards etc. They are not as selfless as the PBA. http://www.floridastatefop.org/fop_home if it doesn't go in as a link, type the address in your browser.

I am against the union at this time simply because I don't trust the PBA, for one; they can't guarantee anything, the local representation is not good, and there is not enough information out there to convince me that the benefits and pay that I have will be sacrificed now just to earn an extra hundo in my check every two weeks. We need more information to base the decision on to include cost of benefits to us and our families, will we have our benefits beyond retirement like we were promised when we were first hired (I hear that is not happening with new hires as of next year). Until I see some figures and guarantees, not false promises, I will not be convinced. I have some friends and family that are represented by unions in other fields of work in FL and the union has done nothing for them. Some work for the State and have not had a raise in over 5 years. How about that for representation......? I am as tired as you all are of the games and embarassment that has been going on for the past year or so, especially over the past 8 months. I think the media has been kind considering the crap that has gone on in our agency.

08-09-2009, 12:23 PM
I have this to say, Cecil's main concern is Cecil. If it will benefit him, he is more than willing to help. As a PBA member, I would suggest looking into the FOP. Cecil only does what helps him.

08-09-2009, 12:57 PM
I have a couple of more questions. First on the FOP. Does an agency have to allow them to pas out the cards? Why haasn't the FOP been as agressive aas the PBA in their efforts to represnt the LCSO? I am all for the FOP. Used to work under one of their contracts and they were great. Very fair toward both employees and management.

Now on Cecil. I don't know him but there seems to be a pattern here on this site that he is more or less a politician. Don't representatives have to be elected? That was the case with the FOP. Don't the reps have a voice in negotiations? And finally, if there are mebers as reps, doesn't that take Cecil out of the picture? The reps presented the concerns and points of negotiation to the bargaining team. I'm kind of concerend about this Cecil guy. Everyone can't be wrong. Is there anyone with a different opinion of him? If you all could answer these questions it would help a lot of people out.

08-09-2009, 09:49 PM
cecil is a TOOL, you want to pay for ALL of your benifits, never get cars and get even MORE SCREWED in IAs (ask any FMPD or DOC Officer) then keep up your childish crying about money and go for the PBA. NO ONE is getting raises ANYWHERE

THE OLNY THING THE PBA CAN PROMISE YOU IS.............LIES.

08-10-2009, 02:25 AM
beleive me, FMPD will not nor will they ever be laying anyone off!!!!

08-10-2009, 03:34 AM
Wow, You guys are a bunch of hillbillies, Who ever wrote this must be a Mike Scott boy are just stupid. I have worked here at the great LCSO for many years and have a few friends that work at FMPD and CCPD. I know that the unions throguh the years have helped those employees over the years that is why they make allot more money then us. As far as your attacks on Cecil, I have worked calls with him while working Charlie dist and he is a fine Officer,I have heard that he got the FMPD great rasies over the years and benifits. I heard now that he is retired from FMPD.? I asked around about the union issue by the WORKING FMPD officers and they love it and him? I asked why some of the negitive responses and they said it was from the one or two that got caught up in I As and fired.
Well shame on them, you deserve it. I know I was on a shooting sceen a few months ago and Cecil responsed in the early morning with a Attorney for PBA officer. That is what we need on our side.
I also checked with one of the LCSO guys that is pushing this whole thing, and WOW I was educated too" You guys have to know that we LCSO would have our own directors that would be handling our issues and contract talks. Not people from other LEO agencies. if a contract was to be written for our agency it would be voted on by our own people and if it is not passed then we start over to find a correct solution.
Also in regards to FMPD being laid off, That is not true, I checked with FMPD officers last night and that is NOT TRUE. So sorry Mike no bad press here today. I want some of those great benifits Cecil got the officers at FMPD.""

08-10-2009, 03:46 AM
You are either misinformed or told to say these things. I am from an agency from the north that was PBA and I was on the board. I know these things your saying about the PBA and this guy Cecil is not true. The PBA stands by its members, it is not run by one person that controls the whole show like here with Car#2 did. There is a board for the area that is made up as a President, Vice President,Sec/Tres, and directors and a Sgt of arms.Has anyone asked to see who they are?? For our agency we would have directors that we would pick and represent us. The board conducts daily businees under by-laws and constitution. Know the facts before you speak or repeat what someone else said. I voted for it and I cannot wait to have a voice to vote for a contact.

08-10-2009, 04:26 AM
Hello, I came from the Cape, Liked the FOP but you will have it made with the PBA and a President that does not work here with us. They cannot touch him' What are you talking about him getting a benifit? what can the Sheriff give him or do for him? He does not get paid if we are PBA or not? we have been asking for this and the FOP would not give us a chance. I asked the FOP" Grow up and vote PBA. I did""

08-10-2009, 04:32 AM
I have this to say, Cecil's main concern is Cecil. If it will benefit him, he is more than willing to help. As a PBA member, I would suggest looking into the FOP. Cecil only does what helps him.
So what does he get? He does not work here? with or with LCSO nothing changes in the PBA for him? so how does he benifit we will have our own board members that will do the work here at LCSO. Also so you know there is 8 LEOs on the local PBA board not just the one person.

08-10-2009, 04:37 AM
cecil is a TOOL, you want to pay for ALL of your benifits, never get cars and get even MORE SCREWED in IAs (ask any FMPD or DOC Officer) then keep up your childish crying about money and go for the PBA. NO ONE is getting raises ANYWHERE

Not True again, check the e mails Broward S O just got a 2 percent in July, I have family that works there" Thanks to the PBA, I also seen that Marco Island Police just got 3 percent raise this year thanks to the PBA. Good try to ge the good oh boys here to not see the light Sheriff. VOTE for PBA""

08-10-2009, 04:49 AM
I have a couple of more questions. First on the FOP. Does an agency have to allow them to pas out the cards? Why haasn't the FOP been as agressive aas the PBA in their efforts to represnt the LCSO? I am all for the FOP. Used to work under one of their contracts and they were great. Very fair toward both employees and management.

Now on Cecil. I don't know him but there seems to be a pattern here on this site that he is more or less a politician. Don't representatives have to be elected? That was the case with the FOP. Don't the reps have a voice in negotiations? And finally, if there are mebers as reps, doesn't that take Cecil out of the picture? The reps presented the concerns and points of negotiation to the bargaining team. I'm kind of concerend about this Cecil guy. Everyone can't be wrong. Is there anyone with a different opinion of him? If you all could answer these questions it would help a lot of people out.
I would be happy too' i have been with FMPD for over 10 years. In my time we have always had PBA, and it has been good. I have been here with three PBA Presidents and they were elected by ALL PBA members of the all of the Law enforcement agencys that were PBA. Cecil Pendergrass has been the most active and vocal of the three. In the last two contracts he and the board go for us we had large payroll raises and benifits packages. He has had more meetings and information go out to us than the other past presidents. I guess since he has retired from FMPD he has more time. At first we at FMPD was concern that he did not work here anymore, but now we see all of the work he has been doing by fighting the CRBs boards and we still have our local board members here Becky Prince I think is the V P along with Ray Beiner. There are many good things the PBA has done here. I think you guys are just scared? No reason to be. You will be protected. You will have your own board and then you can blame them for your problems. Not Cecil

08-10-2009, 04:54 AM

FACT CECIL is a worm, with his own agenda, ask ANYONE at FMPD, ANYONE!So what will he get out of this??
We will be the PBA when the contract is signed so why are we going to Lie to our selves??

08-10-2009, 05:02 AM
So what does Cecil get out of LCSO being PBA, we will have our own board. So why dont you put yourself in for the board member? He does not work here but you do so I guess you would get something out of it if you votes the Sheriffs way right?? So dont bash him. We need him to help us. Not you. suck Bu""

08-10-2009, 08:11 PM
I have a question, I am also a PBA member for many years and I know how it works, But why are you bashing Cecil? What does he get out of it? Nothing? I heard you guys ask to be PBA that is why this is happening. So bash you own people that started this if you dont want it. The LCSO I have seen want it not the GOLDEN boy.

08-11-2009, 04:36 AM

I work in Bonita and want the PBA to come in" Look what the PBA and Cecil has done" that is why we asked for this to happen you fool' By the way this must be Mike Ronga talking since you braggged about your DOC days while at the range one day. I remember you" the guy that gave the LCSO east guys the finger? So why did you do to get fired from FMPD for?? That is the facts'

08-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Cecil is going to represent the PBA and LCSO. Wow, i wonder when that golfing photo with Cecil and the sheriff will make it to this site. You want someone to represent the hard working men and woman in uniform, not kiss the sheriffs buttocks.

08-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Cecil is going to represent the PBA and LCSO. Wow, i wonder when that golfing photo with Cecil and the sheriff will make it to this site. You want someone to represent the hard working men and woman in uniform, not kiss the sheriffs buttocks.

Ha Ha I knew this would happen sooner or later....another Good Old Boy

That just sealed the deal for me, No PBA ...I check out FOP now :shock:

08-11-2009, 09:58 PM
So what does Cecil get out of LCSO being PBA, we will have our own board. So why dont you put yourself in for the board member? He does not work here but you do so I guess you would get something out of it if you votes the Sheriffs way right?? So dont bash him. We need him to help us. Not you. suck Bu""

U ask what he gets? HELLO!! He gets a certain % of every members dues each month. Let him tell you he doesn't and that will be yet another LIE. The PBA is Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat! Just ask all those 200+ smiling officers across the street at FMPD! Those guys are full of smiles and give out hugs because they are just so thankful for what the PBA does for them. Just promise me one thing though guys, if you do elect the PBA to be apart of your declining agency then do not make the same mistake FMPD did, do not let supervisors make up your whole board. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

CCPD is F.O.P and proud, all ya better recognize it. Just compare my station to all of yours, F.O.P. baby!

P.S. Jellie is a leader! Ahh, wait I mean beater! Or wait, cheater! Damn, forget which one it is.

08-13-2009, 01:56 AM
The bottom line is Cecil is only there to help because right now all you have is IA's that come out the way the IA dept and the sheriff want, along with NO Raises. You have a sheriff that calls you either a PIG or a HOG but either way - you are nasty stinky trash eating animals....WOW!!! Thats terrible. I don't care if I never got a raise, if I worked for your agency - I would be humiliated to have my sheriff call his deputies that and think of the honor of the badge and the thin blue line. If I was a fallen officer I would roll over in my grave. I don't know about anyone else but I have pride in the badge and worked hard to be a officer. Cecil is offering a union to help protect you as the officer and others if you are willing. My agency does not offer this but I dont know how you could go wrong because your turn over rate is the worst since Mike took office. He is a monster and getting worse by the day. I thought of coming to your agency but the stuff I see and read, scares me. LCSO is running by luck with a monster in the drivers seat. I would say - You deputies have nothing to loose only something to gain. Take a chance because the only other chance you have is trying to avoid pissing off the wrong people and you will be "FIRED" (because that seems to be the only punishment to fit mikes agency crimes) like all your other officers that put his or her life on the line for you in the line of duty. But once Mike kicks them out the door on his trumped up corruption charges- that he knows is wrong (but whos going to do anything about it), all the other employees treat the "casted out" as if they have the plague. Oh but don't forget - you could be one of the "casted out" very quickly with Mike. Cecil can only help keep Mike on restriction - And MIKE THE PIG AND HOG OWNER DOESN'T LIKE TO BE TOLD WHAT TO DO WITH HIS LIVE STOCK!!!!!

08-13-2009, 03:57 AM
138 is pretty good. WHy do you think the state puts the requirement at 30 %? Maybe because they know that many employees feel or are actually threatened? Besides, that is almost half of the road deputies. We will see what Cecil does. If he is full of BS then bring in the teamsters. Rumor has it that is who the civilians are talking to.
FACT: Cecil or the PBA does NOT call us PIGS or HOGs FACT: The PBA did not get kicked out of the Pine Island FACT: Mike Scott is scared of the PBA ,or Cecil Does that make you wounder why? FaCT: Who do you trust now after the real Minke is coming out? I would not be surprise to anything that might happen to him in the next few days. Nothing.

08-13-2009, 04:01 AM
Do you realy think he will be playing golf with Mike Scott after all of this? he has to much respect for hisself I hope. I am sure that relationship is gone too just like car#2. But I do trust Cecil more than Pig Farmer Mike' But rember the PBA thing would and will be us LCSO not just Cecil. But we will not his help and contacts.

08-13-2009, 04:03 AM
The bottom line is Cecil is only there to help because right now all you have is IA's that come out the way the IA dept and the sheriff want, along with NO Raises. You have a sheriff that calls you either a PIG or a HOG but either way - you are nasty stinky trash eating animals....WOW!!! Thats terrible. I don't care if I never got a raise, if I worked for your agency - I would be humiliated to have my sheriff call his deputies that and think of the honor of the badge and the thin blue line. If I was a fallen officer I would roll over in my grave. I don't know about anyone else but I have pride in the badge and worked hard to be a officer. Cecil is offering a union to help protect you as the officer and others if you are willing. My agency does not offer this but I dont know how you could go wrong because your turn over rate is the worst since Mike took office. He is a monster and getting worse by the day. I thought of coming to your agency but the stuff I see and read, scares me. LCSO is running by luck with a monster in the drivers seat. I would say - You deputies have nothing to loose only something to gain. Take a chance because the only other chance you have is trying to avoid pissing off the wrong people and you will be "FIRED" (because that seems to be the only punishment to fit mikes agency crimes) like all your other officers that put his or her life on the line for you in the line of duty. But once Mike kicks them out the door on his trumped up corruption charges- that he knows is wrong (but whos going to do anything about it), all the other employees treat the "casted out" as if they have the plague. Oh but don't forget - you could be one of the "casted out" very quickly with Mike. Cecil can only help keep Mike on restriction - And MIKE THE PIG AND HOG OWNER DOESN'T LIKE TO BE TOLD WHAT TO DO WITH HIS LIVE STOCK!!!!!
Thank god someone has some sense around here. Or they are not a upset ex employee. I voted for PBA and I will vote again. On this farm I had a pig''''

Java
08-15-2009, 12:21 AM
Every law enforcement agency in the state, besides LCSO, has a union. If they were all getting screwed like some of you are saying, wouldn't they be looking to us and ditching their unions?

08-15-2009, 02:48 AM
Just bringing it back to the top. By the way, Cecil doesn't lie.