PDA

View Full Version : Pine Island

08-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Scott says agency 'bullied,' Pine Island station closed
BY RACHEL REVEHL • RREVEHL@NEWS-PRESS.COM • AUGUST 5, 2009
Deputies vacated the office Tuesday after using the marina and office space there for Gulf District operations for five years.
Pineland Marina, which had donated the space to the sheriff's office, has found a new tenant and requested the sheriff's deputies move out within two weeks.
Operations on the island will continue, even without a headquarters, according to spokesman Sgt. Larry King.
"At the moment, we can work out of the (other) district offices (in the county) and not really be hampered, other than we've been used to working up there five years," King said.
Gulf District covers the barrier islands, including Pine Island. The closest district substation to the Pine Island substation is in North Fort Myers, about 15 miles away. King said boats and other equipment will be moved to other locations on the island. Deputies will have to operate out of other area substations.
It doesn't appear there will be any immediate costs, as the vessels and trailers are to stay with their operators until another place is found. Sheriff Mike Scott wrote in an e-mail to his staff that the equipment can also be stored temporarily at the other substations. Excess furniture and other supplies will be stored in the forensic unit.
Land and water patrols will continue as usual, King said.
There are 31 deputies assigned to Gulf District, with seven of those assigned to the Marine Unit and two to Agriculture.
An e-mail from the marina's attorney indicates the economy was the main motivator, but an internal sheriff's e-mail reveals that a dispute may have led to the decision.
Wrote Pineland's Fort Myers attorney Michael Kayusa:
"As the economy and general real estate downturn continues to grip our area, Pineland Marina must find sources of revenue to offset the effect of the current economic environment. While Pineland Marina has been able to provide office space, boat storage, truck and car parking for the last five years, they now find that those services will need to draw to a close, as they have tenants ready to lease the current space currently being donated to the agency."
It's not clear who the new tenant is.
But the sheriff, in an e-mail Monday night, ordered his ranks to amass all available resources to vacate the premises by noon Tuesday.
"I apologize for this unusual demand; however, I am guessing that you are about as fond of being bullied as I am," Scott wrote. "This is a large county with mile after mile of coastline, boat ramps and marinas and while Pineland was a nice location, we will not avail ourselves of their two-week eviction."
King said the bully reference is related to the marina's owner, Chris Jansen, who King said is close friends with Rex Shevitski, a lieutenant watch commander at headquarters in south Fort Myers who was demoted from captain in the Gulf district for revealing information about an ongoing investigation to the father of a suspect. King said the sheriff and Jansen met a few weeks ago, and Jansen voiced his support for Shevitski. It's not clear what happened after that or what the sheriff's reaction was.
Neither Kayusa nor Jansen returned calls seeking comment.
"Whether that has any bearing on this sudden action is kind of curious," King said. "I think the sheriff was just surprised and taken aback at such a sudden move."
The sheriff gives no explanation for why he wanted operations moved within 24 hours.

08-05-2009, 10:15 PM
I have said it time and time before, we always get too big for our pants and in the end we it shows. How embarrassing this turned out to be. What is wrong with this place. USE COMMON SENSE for once.

08-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Great, now I am going to have to find another place to sleep at the taxpayers expense :cop:

08-06-2009, 12:54 AM
Good for Pineland Marina. Seems like all the doors are closing on sheriffs office, I wonder why?

08-06-2009, 02:07 AM
You def said it there. Someone has to stop this ego-tripping administration before they get everything taken away from us.

08-06-2009, 05:39 AM
Good for Pineland Marina. Seems like all the doors are closing on sheriffs office, I wonder why?

I think we all know the answer to that! Its sad that all the f*ck ups by one man reflect on the agency as a whole! A man who before getting voted in, never put his work in as a real Leo! We pay the price for the slightest infraction( depending on who you are) while the sheriff is excused( by himself of course) from all of his questionable actions!The smile and false pride seems to have run its course! Im sure all the praise from the troops is based on a genuine,deep rooted love, rather than the fact that your content with your rank, and hes keeping you employed!

08-06-2009, 05:47 AM
The Sheriff is a loser. Ever since he turned and stabbed Charlie in the back, ole Mikey can't make one solid decision on his own. What a total ignorant backwoods loser.

People - the Sheriff is losing control. He is notorious for not making sound decisions. Since Charlie has left, no one is there to keep ole "Schoolyard" Mike from royally effing things up. The Sheriff is nothing but a man tool.

Mr Jansen - Way to go. Obviously you know the truth behind these things.

Oh... People. Mike got his feelings hurt when he was told he could no longer use the Pineland Marina. Jansen told him to pack it in. Whats Mike do? Calls his commanders to an emergency meeting, telling them to get out right away. Be out by noon, he said. Why? That good old infamous Mike Scott knee jerk without thinking things through. A real power trip.

I hear the bell tolling for this sheriff. This is all related to Shevitsky. And Shevitsky is close to Spence. And Kolbie. And all the others.

And since Mike reads these things, all I can say, this is only the beginning. Your time is drawing near. At least go out with dignity and not crying like a whooped school child.

08-06-2009, 11:33 AM
And since Mike reads these things, all I can say, this is only the beginning. Your time is drawing near. At least go out with dignity and not crying like a whooped school child.

You mean unlike what you did Sponge

08-06-2009, 08:55 PM
The Sheriff is a loser. Ever since he turned and stabbed Charlie in the back, ole Mikey can't make one solid decision on his own. What a total ignorant backwoods loser.

People - the Sheriff is losing control. He is notorious for not making sound decisions. Since Charlie has left, no one is there to keep ole "Schoolyard" Mike from royally effing things up. The Sheriff is nothing but a man tool.

Hmmm, who could have written the above posts? It could not have been the brothers Sponge?

Lets look at that last quote.....

Who left the SO like a sniveling frightened schoolgirl?

Brother #1. Lied, failed his polygraph, lied about that, tried to bully Kamp (unsuccessfully) then lied to Narcotics then quit. Cried to the media, cried to the review panel, then cried to the media again, using Bushong as his ears to the SO, nice job trying to recruit Shoap (unsuccessfully), now trying to 119 requests anything he can to make a case about nothing.

Brother #2. Used total power to screw with numerous people, got the backlash of lying about Bell, tried to bully Kamp (unsuccessfully), feigned a nervous breakdown to avoid an I.A. then quit. Cried to the media, (nice shot of your tacky house by the way) blamed MS for everything, now trying to 119 anything he can to discredit the LCSO.

You would think they would just go away.....

Pathetic has a new definition, guess what it is?

08-06-2009, 11:07 PM
According to Merriam-Webster, the definition of pathetic is:

Main Entry: pa·thet·ic
Pronunciation: \p?-?the-tik\
Function: adjective
Etymology: First derived in 2004, meaning
1 : having a capacity to embarass the entire Lee County Sheriff's Office after being elected to Sheriff
2 : marked by a former motorcycle cop
3 : also referred to as Mike Scott

08-06-2009, 11:49 PM
You looked in the wrong dictionary,

pathetic

urban dictionary definition.

Any weasel that uses threats and intimidation to achieve what they can not do physically.

or the Latin definition:

Bettin you get your punk asses handed to you now that you can't afford creatine, Womanizing wanna be Mafioso unemployed midgets.

or the New York definition:

You may post poor Charlie on every topic that comes by, no one misses your step stool midget ass or your kicked out of FDLE can't win a knucklefight without running away like a ***** and letting a real man take the blame brother.

08-07-2009, 02:28 AM

pathetic

Any weasel that uses threats and intimidation to achieve what they can not do physically.

or the Latin definition:

Bettin you get your punk asses handed to you now that you can't afford creatine, Womanizing wanna be Mafioso unemployed midgets.

You may post poor Charlie on every topic that comes by, no one misses your step stool midget ass or your kicked out of FDLE can't win a knucklefight without running away like a ***** and letting a real man take the blame brother.
That is pretty funny.

08-07-2009, 03:38 AM
Whi did they womanize?

08-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Fact: A union couldn't get started under any other administration BUT it's pretty much a sure thing now.
Fact: Everyone from deputy to major is scared for thier jobs and never seen the backstabbing that occurs in the agency
Fact: There has never been this amount of fear and intimidation by a SHERIFF. The WHOLE agency talks about it

I'd give anything to have McDougall or Shoap back - At least you knew where they stood and had job security and stability. No raise for 3 YEARS! The troops NEVER had it this bad

Dont care about the politics - just the facts

08-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Fact: A union couldn't get started under any other administration BUT it's pretty much a sure thing now.
Fact: Everyone from deputy to major is scared for thier jobs and never seen the backstabbing that occurs in the agency
Fact: There has never been this amount of fear and intimidation by a SHERIFF. The WHOLE agency talks about it

I'd give anything to have McDougall or Shoap back - At least you knew where they stood and had job security and stability. No raise for 3 YEARS! The troops NEVER had it this bad

Dont care about the politics - just the facts

Really? seriously? you got 138 votes out of more than 400. A sure thing, well if that's what you call it.

FACT The PBA has agreed to lay off Officers in FMPD, how would your family take being sold out by Cecil?

FACT The PBA has no bargaining power 0 with the Lee County Commisioners right now, they are laying off Firemen and teachers

FACT I will fight the PBA and encourage evryone I know to do the same (the 260ish votes that you didn't get) until they come clean with what they have planned, how to pay for all of these dream pay increases and mandatory overtime paid days.

FACT CECIL is a worm, with his own agenda, ask ANYONE at FMPD, ANYONE!

08-08-2009, 03:27 AM

Hmmm, who could have written the above posts? It could not have been the brothers Sponge?

Lets look at that last quote.....

Who left the SO like a sniveling frightened schoolgirl?

Brother #1. Lied, failed his polygraph, lied about that, tried to bully Kamp (unsuccessfully) then lied to Narcotics then quit. Cried to the media, cried to the review panel, then cried to the media again, using Bushong as his ears to the SO, nice job trying to recruit Shoap (unsuccessfully), now trying to 119 requests anything he can to make a case about nothing.

Brother #2. Used total power to screw with numerous people, got the backlash of lying about Bell, tried to bully Kamp (unsuccessfully), feigned a nervous breakdown to avoid an I.A. then quit. Cried to the media, (nice shot of your tacky house by the way) blamed MS for everything, now trying to 119 anything he can to discredit the LCso

Of course anything negative posted about Mike must be the work of one of the Ferrante Bros! To associate the Sheriff with any of the evils of these 2 is in poor taste! Mike was unaware of any wrong doing over a 4 year term,and finally rid us of these dishonest bullys! Now we no longer have to worry about intimidation and fear of termination! So much has improved since the left! Who gave those punks power in the first place?

08-10-2009, 06:53 PM

pathetic

or the Latin definition:

Nice try TOOL! A wreckless messenger for the Sheriff I presume? Did you take time off from waxing his abnormally large head to post this? It seems thug and height jokes are your way of avoiding the real issues, so I decided to join in on the fun! Question; who was the BOSS for these Mafia thugs? Who enabled them for 4 years ? Who brought them into the family? Who was the RAT in the end? :P