PDA

View Full Version : Mod 557 answering why

Mod 557
08-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Contrary to what a certain poster wants all to believe, I am not trying to "censor" an issue with a selection process. By all means that is one of the reasons this web site is so popular. The ability to "vent" without fear of repercussions from your supervisors, peers, citizens, etc. The problem with the removed threads is a very obvious slam on one certain officer. Terms like "Whorse" (are we in the 3rd grade?) and alleged drug use is a violation of the terms of use that we all agree to before our very first posts on this site. If a poster has issues with the "selection process" feel free to vent them here. Just refrain from personal attacks and allegtations on a "named" or un-named officer that is easily identifiable to all interested parties. The threads were not removed to suit admin, but because they violated the terms of use. Feel free to post all you want about the inequity of a selection process, just do NOT use terms that single out any certain officer. Personal slams will not be tolerated, ever. I hope this clarifies the reasons for the removal of the abusive poster's comments. I welcome any and all "beefs", just do not single out anyone...use a generality, call out iniquity, voice your concerns. But ladies and gentleman, please be professional. Be adult. Do not be childish and use names, inuendos, or terminology that would violate our terms of use. These terms are very clear, concise, and to the point. Don't put Moderators in the position that we have to remove your post, or worse, ban you for a period of time. We want all to participate, but please keep it professional, as LEO's are not the only ones who read these posts. Thank you all for your patronage.

Mod 557

08-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Ok Mod if you want me to play by the rules I will concede. But don’t speak of that persons usage as allegations because it is documented fact. I am not to say that I am without fault, God knows I have mine. But mine would not prevent me from being hired from any other agency than ours. Plus I was hired because of my true and proven qualifications, as were other good officer’s in our agency. I do love this agency and would have left long ago had I not. This officer’s shenanigans remind me of 215’s prior to him leaving and this was at the end of his career. Ok he had plenty throughout his career. But imagine how it’s going to be when then person is continued to be handed things on a silver platter, what types of things are going to go on. The blemishes which could possibly be bestowed on our beloved agency could be an embarassment to us all not to mention the simple fact of employment. I have also seen other good officers forced from our agency due to pressure from those who back then called themselves leaders for some of the same mistakes made on a weekly basis. There was a post the other day that was quickly deleted and rightfully so. I somewhat disagree with the poster’s comments about our sergeants. We do have some good sergeants in our agency but they have failed to live up to their true potential. Then there are some who do, don't get me wrong there are some that do really suck. Ok this enough of my ranting, because I could go on for pages. It just disheartens me to see this person flourish based on connections not because of true quality of work. Oh and once again documented fact. Pull the pending file which is usually as thick as a Stephen King novel and not all from accolades put in by those closest, but contrary to it. Honestly I don’t so much hate the player as I do the game. Ok that might not be the complete truth. Plus you and the others who were able to read the deleted posts know many of the points I made regardless of the innuendos were true. As far as me being in the third grade, I am not, but you have to admit the usage was quite comical.
P.S.
I am not a technical genius but your blocks, suspensions, and bans are pointless. I will continue you to find chinks in your armor and continue to post.
Giddy UP

08-10-2009, 10:02 PM
"I have also seen other good officers forced from our agency due to pressure from those who back then called themselves leaders for some of the same mistakes made on a weekly basis. "

Gotta love the way they back door people and assume things,

08-11-2009, 03:07 AM
Remember the fate of many "Golden Ones", they leave in cuffs or shame.

The female who was allowed to steal hours from the agency right under the nose of the first line supervisor she was lunching with...that supervisor who is quick to jam others, had failed to supervise and nary a hair on his head was mussed. Anyway that female ran roughshod for years.

The large muscular, dumb guy was prized for his size and usefullness to SWAT, his behavior could be seen miles away (except by those in charge)...turns out there was a chemical reason he was so large, hey, he was also committing felonies...good call.

The "calendar picture friendly" detective runs unchallenged, tells supervisors what to do, does a lot of "things" wrong and unethical but no will ever, ever, ever in a quadrillion years discipline her.

The officer who was known for his "fighting arts" and was the darling of one future chief of police in particular, this chap did as he wished, was silver plattered many fine little gimmicks. He ran without oversight and his behavior, despite warnings, was left unchecked by those in authority and then the "surprise" when he imploded. This officer was done no favors and had his career taken a normal, steady, progression with the same scrutinty and oversight accorded to those not in the yuck yuck club, he might still be here.

The very nice young female he was given a spot in narcotics with ten minutes on the job and the life experience of a nun. She may have been great with more experience before hand, instead, the situation caused friction and was uncomfortable for everyone...now the officer is gone.

This can keep going on and on, supervisor and foot soldier alike...a sergeant in prison, a captain doing mall security, a training officer telling supervisors how it's going to be, etc etc.....these monsters don't just appear, they are build over time.

But take heart, they may not get chewed up in little bits daily like some of us, but when they go down, they usually go down hard and for good...and publicly. So just bide your time, this person everyone is fretting about is very shaky and shady, no favors are being done for this person and there will be surprise in the yuck yuck club when it is stepped in big time. This happens everywhere, especially in special units.

Unfortunately, due to ADA laws, we can't discriminate against our leaders for being legally blind(ed).

08-11-2009, 01:50 PM
I am amazed at the last person to leave. It is amazing how our adm is at times.

Mod 557
08-11-2009, 03:21 PM
First, thank you all of the posters so far on this thread, for responding in a prudent manner. Like I said, nothing wrong with venting iniquities, just be careful not to violate the terms. Second, stand by! If the rumor mill is running remotely true, you will see many more officers leaving the agency for mistreatment and micro managing. I hear things around the "mill", and I know there are quite a few officers planning their exit within the next few years because of absolute disgust in the admin. Just my two cents worth. I am looking forward to more feed back, just be cognizant of the rules please!

08-12-2009, 01:08 PM
I agree, I was floored when a person whom I thought would never leave was "pushed" out by the Adm.. I know there are two side to a story. However in this case I believe it was a case of "why because I can" with the Adm.. They heard through the rumor mill of a rumor and acted on it without all the facts as some of the Adm are known to do. It just amazes me at times how our Adm. protects some and then at times targets people. Yet they deny they target people. I believe in karma and they Adm will face their wrongs one day.

08-14-2009, 02:35 AM
He was a good guy and a hard worker, why?????????????????????? Why????????????????????? Why??????????????????????????

08-18-2009, 02:25 PM
It is just amazing how the world works now. Its all me me me and I I I, our Adm needs to get a grip and realise they are a police department and not their own private chess game.

08-19-2009, 04:54 AM
For crying out loud....you wanna whine...take it to the union...file a grievance, take to arbitration or shut up.

Until you have done any of that...then you are simply talking trash with no facts to back you up.

08-20-2009, 02:17 AM
Very true, maybe it's in the works.