PDA

View Full Version : Typical "issues"

07-31-2009, 07:49 AM
I am sure it has been brought up.

K-9 disbanded. Motor unit disbanded. DB or "C.I.U." sounds like a hellhole thanks to LT in charge of that division.

Street Crimes appears to be flourishing having "mopped up" the mess made by road patrol on both the shooting where the road could do nothing to stop the suspect, except that redheaded goof who refused to get out of his car and do his job. Then the escape issue caused by the SAME goof who allegedly lied in his official statement. In this case I sincerely believe he should lose his state certificate, he is not fit for the job and if he is willing to lie to command staff and IA investigators, he needs to be removed.

However, why are we on foot at the townhouses? Rather, we can accept being told we have to be on foot, we have to patrol, actively, aggressively. But what about the poor saps on dayshift? On one squad, they are smart enough to switch out periodically, so that one officer is not on foot for too long, in the sun, wearing a vest, with no relief except to use the restroom. Officers are not even allowed to lean against their vehicle because of whatever reason. It's gotten to the point where officers who always, always wore a vest now go to work without one because they cannot deal with the glaring sun while wearing that, no wind and limited breaks to rehydrate, eat or use the restroom. Then you add in blood circulation problems that some officers have with their feet when standing too long and socks that may end up being too tight, hip problems and back problems due to standing wearing a vest and a belt that is not as comfortable and fitting as the clip-belts that we're not allowed to wear because the wonderful Captain, in all of his non-road experience, determined that is inappropriate because it is not "department issued" and god forbid your duty belt malfunction. Read that last sentence four or five more times, please.

Then you have one squad where the officer is assigned to the townhouse, for the entirety of their 12 hour shift. Yet we find this "acceptable"? Why are officers not permitted to remain in their vehicles or to sit down and take a ten minute break from it and get some cold AC, relief on their feet and escape from the sun? Morale is low enough, now putting the officers through this treatment is obviously doing no better.

Then, lets bring up the whole detail/overtime deal. The change was due to the proposition of a law that the president allegedly was working on to restrict federal agencies from "paying themselves". This eliminated special detail pay of $40/hr, $5.00 to the department, $35.00 to the officer. For a law that is not yet in effect.

Now, however, the department is charging clubs $55.00/hr from what we have all been told. Lets say your overtime rate is $32.00 (newer officer). The department is being paid $55.00, $23.00 of which you will never see. Yet the department is still being paid. Where is this extra money going? I'm sure command staff will say that it is being decided and nothing is yet solid, except that the newer officers are getting screwed with the change while the department, or someone upstairs, pockets this extra cash.

All the sycophants who cry that Chief is doing all he can, he is the best, we're thankful to receive him, we should praise be the Lord that he hath delivered unto us, step back a moment, think about how much of yourself, your integrity, your self concious that makes you a person and an individual, human being, that you have given up to gain rank or attempts to gain rank and keep your job. Lets not forget his "not lead by intimidation" speech, which he then negated by threatening during another that they can and do track who posts what, and will deal with any issues that arise from posting on leoaffairs. Or the speech that practically stated if you are put into a situation where you may have to use deadly force against a tribal member, "is it worth your career?" This sounds like intimidation, and poor leadership.

Don't get me wrong. I love my job, I love what I can do when I am permitted. I want to continue. But I need this paycheck this department provides, as do the rest of you. Unfortunately this department has also given me such headaches and makes me dread putting on that uniform because I am aware that if the right person is to call Chief at any time, he just may tell me to let them go regardless of the facts and that some people need to go to jail for their actions. It has happened, it is well known. I just want to be left alone, to do my job, with no interference unless I make a mistake, which we all do. We are human.

Also, the retirement issue is hilarious. Consider this: Assuming there are 3,500 tribal members eligible for dividends, and assume the dividend is $10,000 flat (many tribal members state they receive "ten grand" a month, this is a guestimate), the Tribe pays out approximately $3,500,000 a year to tribal members for nothing more than breathing and their hearts pumping blood. Three and a half million for being alive. Granted, B.C. residents still have the culture and know what it means to earn a dollar and have that on your back that you can and do support yourself and family.

The tribe is backed by a multi-billion dollar industry. Why is it so difficult for them to set aside a separate budget for their officers after 20 to 25 years of service to guarantee that their services and loyalty is rewarded with more than a mere 401k? Surely the tribe will not have many officers live out that term of service, so the tribe should not have to worry about how many officers will take that many years of service to be eligible for a "pension" plan.

Even if something such as that was considered, it would raise morale. It would give everyone something to look forward to that, hey, if I do love this place and want to remain, I have something to look forward to after I've done my time.

But, then again.. I forget what organization I am talking about; the one that cares about only the ones who can vote them into power and a bigger paycheck than a simple dividend, and not those that are willing to put their life on the line for those that hate them the most.

07-31-2009, 04:35 PM
The chief does not run this dept. he has no idea what to do about anything. He tries to put fear in us not to use this site, he has no idea of the first amendment rights we have. He needs to watch a certain person that gambles, this is his problem. I do not fear the chief because he is not a chief this job was handed to him. He has promised so much and delivered nothing. We need a chief that we respect. This is our opinion based on what we here every day. Will, we will continue using this site, get used to it.

08-01-2009, 03:36 AM
Amen!!!
I am not going to get on here and tell you guys/girls "if you don't like go somewhere else" because some of us actually care and want to see the place get better.
Maybe Someday....Maybe Be Safe

08-02-2009, 12:47 AM
Amen!!!
I am not going to get on here and tell you guys/girls "if you don't like go somewhere else" because some of us actually care and want to see the place get better.
Maybe Someday....Maybe Be Safe Good point, How can we make this place better. Will we have to wait until Will gets fired?

08-02-2009, 12:50 AM
How can we get better? Hope will can turn things around. Hope.