PDA

View Full Version : More wisdom from Lt Jarhead...

07-28-2009, 04:08 AM
Has anyone seen the latest words of wisdom from jarhead in tally, just check him out on the DEP website under career profiles.Here's the latest.Someone give him a cookie.

“Let no man’s ghost say my training failed him.” I personally learned the importance of training through my experiences in the United States Air Force (as well as my street experience with the Ocala Police Department and Marion County Sheriff’s Office), particularly my deployment in 2002 for Operation Enduring Freedom and Noble Eagle. In 2003, I was hired by DEP to work in their division of law enforcement.

07-28-2009, 11:30 PM
This guy thinks that he is hot stuff. He is almost as bad as his lard*** Captain. Why can't people quit trying to act so important and just do the job? I think working conditions would improve greatly if EVERYONE all the way up the ladder would just do the best job possible, cut the drama, and treat their employees the way they would like to be treated.
But what do I know?
I'm just thinking out loud.

07-30-2009, 05:15 PM
This guy thinks that he is hot stuff. He is almost as bad as his lard*** Captain. Why can't people quit trying to act so important and just do the job? I think working conditions would improve greatly if EVERYONE all the way up the ladder would just do the best job possible, cut the drama, and treat their employees the way they would like to be treated.
But what do I know?

Well, then you would have to start at the district level with the Lt's. I know of at least of 4 of the district Lt's that are so full of themselves and their "power". But if Tally. looked into something as simple as that, they might have to admit that the agency has a problem with poor management, and we don't want that now do we? Besides, it's easier to deal with suck ups than people who actually have good ideas that need implemented.

08-01-2009, 04:10 PM
But what do I know?

You may have been thinking out loud, but you make more sense than I am accustomed to reading on this message board. Apparently, you are a very astute person that can recognize poor performances by management and that will take you far. I say this because when you get into management, you will already have the knowledge to "do the right thing". You also do not appear to be "power hungry", so keep that attitude and good luck.

08-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Managers do things right.
Leaders do the right thing.

08-03-2009, 01:01 AM
I seem to have wandered into this post by accident. When your subject said "jarhead Lt" I thought someone had started another post about RF. My mistake.

Speaking of jarhead Lt's.....

Rumor coming down from Tally, says RF's boy applied for the two Lt spots. God help us all if those if his ilk are promoted. Unless the agency is looking for a ethically gray, pass the buck, chauvanistic Lt. that will have to call someone to make a decision. Then again, let's not forget the favor that he thinks some in Tallahassee owe him. An Lt's spot in another distrct would let him do a lateral when his mentor and hero retires in a year and a half or so. He has been sizing up his competition for that spot for years. I guess that he finally figured out what everyone has known for a long time. He does not measure up to his competition. No way, no how.

I will say that his paperwork skills are unrivaled!

08-03-2009, 01:51 AM
"Let no man’s ghost say my training failed him.”

LOL, This dude believes in ghost.

08-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Lord, help you guys if that happens!!!!!!! RF is the most stupid, wanna be that I've ever seen. There's a reason that Pasco County fired him!!!!

NoWhineZone
08-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Seems to me too many people don't have the knowledge to understand his quote! Sad that so many people are that jealous of one person's career and accomplishments. A man takes the time to educate himself, strive for a better career, put forth the time and effort to train and become a better soldier and officer. How obvious is jealousy when people have nothing better to do than sit around and whine about things they only wish they could do.

NO CRY BABIES
08-19-2009, 03:15 AM
As an in-service trainer, I understand his quote perfectly. It is the CRY BABIES and do nothing but put my hours in and get a pay check lazy, fat asses that don't. I have said that same thing during my career as a law enforcement officer and trainer. If that officer could come back from the dead and we could ask him, "what would you have done different?" It would most likely be "I wish I would have taken my training more seriously!"

You people on here posting these negative comments are a disgrace to the uniform!!!! I wish I could get you into one of my classes. Please, go find another job! Be a greeter at Wal-Mart or deliever news papers. Just get out of this profession before you end up being that dead cop who would say......"I wish I would have taken my training more serious!" You make me sick!!!!!!

NO CRY BABIES
08-19-2009, 05:48 PM
Hey NoWhineZone, I think we have shut the stupid ones up!!!!!!

NoWhineZone
08-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks No Cry Babies. Seems it only takes a little common sense and real law enforcement mindset to actually stump the wanna be's!