PDA

View Full Version : Budget Issues

07-26-2009, 11:57 PM
On Thursday, Benton laid out four options, which would cut the budget by as much as the $3 million Stewart suggested:

Spend $25.2 million, a 5.2 percent cut.

Spend $24.6 million, but cut 13 positions: two youth academy, two pre-trial release, two community maintenance, two jail deputies and five part-time deputies.

Spend $23.5 million, but cut 53 positions, including six school resource officers and four court bailiffs, four jailers, five crossing guards, five part-time deputies, two administrative staff and 18 part-timers. The county - not the sheriff - is required to provide courthouse security, Benton emphasized.

Spend $22.4 million, but cut 70 positions, including more deputies, jailers and bailiffs. That would mean closing a section of the jail and providing no security for the courthouse, beyond what's mandated by the state to protect the jury.

I thought the recent memo stated there would be "no one loosing there job or being laid off". And if we are subject to having to take the 5.2 percent cut, will it be given back at a later date, after the "economy rebounds".

07-28-2009, 01:34 AM
Start by cutting the salary or eliminating USELESS postitions such as the GC or, say, the Lisa B's of the group.

And where is the Benton campiagn promise that we would be "less top-heavy"? What a Joke.

Cut those 2 leaches, and there's 170 grand. You dig????? :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

Heck- it's a start..........................

09-05-2009, 01:46 PM
You need to pay attention to the date that the Sheriffs secretary leaves. That date will be very important to the Sheriff's Office, so think about this and maybe that will be a hint of what and when a change is going to take place.

09-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Could you let us know what that date is? I thought that she said it was like 1 1/2 yrs away, I could easily be wrong though.