PDA

View Full Version : how does leaving early work.???

07-17-2009, 04:58 AM
Hey I asked around and keep getting different answers.......anybody know the correct one....

If your vested say, 12 yrs, and decide to leave, can you retire early and collect anything or ??? what would the process be ??

-the reason I get different answers I am told is because our contract says one thing and the city says another, yet the labor board says another....-

also a question I was asked and didnt know the answer (maybe someone here might). If you are going to top out in Oct. do you get your raise if NO contract is signed or do you get double screwed ??

thanks.........

07-19-2009, 06:08 PM
???? ....

07-19-2009, 10:31 PM
You an get this info in a couple of ways....
1. If you go on the city Intranet, the summary plan desription is there
2. You could ask Beth haines at HR....BUT...dont trust everything she says
3. Probably the best way is to ask John or Brian

As far as the contract is concerned....if we dont sign by october, we keep working under the old one unless the city or FOP declares an Impasse, and then the city can inmpose a contract

Hope this helps

03-12-2010, 03:59 AM
alpha rules the rules, we all leave early, do what I say not as I do...

11.5 how will that work, out of the city by 5, or 430 if you live past the toll plaza

03-13-2010, 05:17 AM
Dude you do not even have a clue what goes on with A shift. You are too busy whining about your delayed 21 on bravo. Handle your 2 calls a day and hush, the A shift will always be more active than you will ever know. The 10-19 before 10-7 days have been long gone. Back to work now, I feel a burglary arrest real soon. And yes I might slip home 5 minutes before I log off!

03-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Or you could live in the city and go home for 40 and go home early every night and wait for 10-7 time!!! Just Sayin!!!

03-13-2010, 04:19 PM
That's why I live in the city... Many nice parks to drive past while traveling to and from work for mood control and as long as I have my radio and gunbelt on I can be anywhere in the city in 5 minutes tops. I can hardly wait until the 11.5 start, once less day a week to be worried about someone assuming I am 10-7 when in reality I'm just waiting to respond to that last minute call.

Or you could live in the city and go home for 40 and go home early every night and wait for 10-7 time!!! Just Sayin!!!

03-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Dude you do not even have a clue what goes on with A shift. You are too busy whining about your delayed 21 on bravo. Handle your 2 calls a day and hush, the A shift will always be more active than you will ever know. The 10-19 before 10-7 days have been long gone. Back to work now, I feel a burglary arrest real soon. And yes I might slip home 5 minutes before I log off!

both of you stop, your back and forth complaining that your vagaga hurts is pathetic!!!
alpha...go back to sleep ya little biatch...

03-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Hey jackholes, not leaving your shift early, leaving this dept with under 20 yrs..... duh !!!

03-18-2010, 03:59 AM
Hey jackhammer the post became a bit of both subjects, and rightfully so. I'm glad your actually paying attention to your surroundings, yes most can be counted on to being around until shift change, but others, lets be real. Reality sucks depending on what side of the shift clock your approaching. If you dont think there are fellow officers taking advantage of stand up zone partners then your in need of brain stimulation. I know there are enough sticking around for the late hot calls, but what makes some feel like they should get an early cut out. The briefing hints have not made a difference yet, I just hope a few of the abusers get back on track before we are ordered to stay in our distrits, or worse, before we are able to close the blinds and hit the shack. Hanging out for 15 minutes at debriefing was never good, but having deltas tracking locations because of a few really sucks.

03-18-2010, 10:31 PM
I'll stop my infrequent catnaps when you stop running your side business from your PC.

Speaking of the 21 arrest comments, the truth hurts, Alpha rules.

both of you stop, your back and forth complaining that your vagaga hurts is pathetic!!!

03-18-2010, 10:41 PM
I'll stop my infrequent catnaps when you stop running your side business from your PC.

[quote="10-8 until 10-7":282m8ysd]Dude you do not even have a clue what goes on with A shift. You are too busy whining about your delayed 21 on bravo. Handle your 2 calls a day and hush, the A shift will always be more active than you will ever know. The 10-19 before 10-7 days have been long gone. Back to work now, I feel a burglary arrest real soon. And yes I might slip home 5 minutes before I log off!

alpha...go back to sleep ya little biatch...[/quote:282m8ysd]

The only 21s you get are the dispatched ones lol!!! please stop patting yourselves on the back, its pathetic.

04-05-2010, 02:58 AM
Will I get a pat if I can sneak home 18 minutes before you do? We have forgiving supervisors remember the last time Alpha?? 10-7

[quote="10-8 until 10-7":38528dbi]Dude you do not even have a clue what goes on with A shift. You are too busy whining about your delayed 21 on bravo. Handle your 2 calls a day and hush, the A shift will always be more active than you will ever know. The 10-19 before 10-7 days have been long gone. Back to work now, I feel a burglary arrest real soon. And yes I might slip home 5 minutes before I log off!

The only 21s you get are the dispatched ones lol!!! please stop patting yourselves on the back, its pathetic.[/quote:38528dbi]

04-23-2010, 02:37 AM
Don't even think of leaving early and your 2 hour naps are forever gone come May.

Will I get a pat if I can sneak home 18 minutes before you do? We have forgiving supervisors remember the last time Alpha?? 10-7

[quote=Guest][quote="10-8 until 10-7":1o5d4mt9]Dude you do not even have a clue what goes on with A shift. You are too busy whining about your delayed 21 on bravo. Handle your 2 calls a day and hush, the A shift will always be more active than you will ever know. The 10-19 before 10-7 days have been long gone. Back to work now, I feel a burglary arrest real soon. And yes I might slip home 5 minutes before I log off!

The only 21s you get are the dispatched ones lol!!! please stop patting yourselves on the back, its pathetic.[/quote:1o5d4mt9][/quote:1o5d4mt9]

04-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Don't even think of leaving early and your 2 hour naps are forever gone come May.

they have a cure for your condition, and they're in the girls bathroom. insert be done and please shut up already!

[quote="time checks":m2nbrfu3]I'll stop my infrequent catnaps when you stop running your side business from your PC.

[quote=Guest][quote="10-8 until 10-7":m2nbrfu3]Dude you do not even have a clue what goes on with A shift. You are too busy whining about your delayed 21 on bravo. Handle your 2 calls a day and hush, the A shift will always be more active than you will ever know. The 10-19 before 10-7 days have been long gone. Back to work now, I feel a burglary arrest real soon. And yes I might slip home 5 minutes before I log off!

The only 21s you get are the dispatched ones lol!!! please stop patting yourselves on the back, its pathetic.[/quote:m2nbrfu3][/quote:m2nbrfu3][/quote:m2nbrfu3]

04-27-2010, 09:07 PM
really? cant we all get along? People are *****ing and whining who cares. If you want a side business or want to sleep then pick alpha. Who cares what other people do.
I understand to be the Police 3 requirements 19 yrs old, HS or GED and US citizen. Do we really have to act like morons on this post or site? We work 40 hrs and go home. If this is all you can worry about i suggest you get a hobby.

06-03-2010, 01:50 AM
All I was asking is:

If I have 12 years here at PPD, if I chose to leave what are my options: (nowhere was I meaning leaving early from work)

Here is why I ask:
- I read one thing but told different from the cited sources.......... does anybody truely know and can give a correct answer instead of bashing each other..????

08-24-2010, 04:46 AM
Hey JM whats your take... ???

04-28-2012, 06:49 PM
You will get the 3% multiplier times the 12 years and will receive it on what would of been your 20 year anniversary.

04-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Im 100% on that too cause I left at 13 years.

05-29-2012, 08:34 AM
Me too......no more tix and no more BS..... Try it.....

06-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Me too......no more tix and no more BS..... Try it.....

Ill try it after my 7 year drop and earnings to boot with that 7 years.... ING advice can go fly a kite LOL!!!

06-05-2012, 01:07 AM
I tell you a good PI is priceless! the stuff they find when people go home for lunch is amazing!

10-31-2012, 02:42 AM
Leaving PPD is the best thing I ever did. Yes I do miss some of the people I worked with, but my quality of life has really gotten better since leaving that hell hole. Granted I did not see how bad it was while there, I do now see how bad it was.......

:D :devil: