PDA

View Full Version : Phone usage

07-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Another memo that came out a week or so ago had to do with state phone usage. Tim is that all you have to do is sit up there in the market and come up with useless memos?

Tim, we have cell phones, we can talk to each other as much as we want. I understand that you like Roger want to keep contact to a minimum between officers. You do not want us communicating because you know that we will all soon realize how full of it and brainless you and the rest of your cronies are. That is the same reason that you do not want us on the internet, knowledge, knowledge is power and as long as you can control it you have the power. Sorry but that day and age are over. We can find out what we want, when we want, and then show others just how full of it some of you are.

All of these useless memos prove how top heavy our department has gotten, they have nothing else to do but go to two hour lunches and think up stupid stuff.

07-27-2009, 04:23 AM
I agree this has to be the dumbest memo yet!!! Again this is a result of one person causing the trouble and he or she must have been the good ole boy so the whole department is now slapped on the hand. I have news, slap the hand of the one and leave the rest of us the frick alone! We do a great job, or least some of us why don't you stop with the negative memos and try a positive one for a while. Wait you can't because all you see is negative or what you hear from the short tempered one. Please don't talk about our cell phones soon they will start "scanning" them for viruses, or memo us in how long we can use them. Newsflash for you, when you start paying for my phone then you can tell me when and where to use it better yet don't call me on it you are wasting my minutes and I could be talking to someone worth a crap. SUNCOM??remember that? why don't you try it and stop fussing about the bills. The waste is everywhere why start with the phone? How about the air in the plush office on 75...the many computers in there, the beautiful grained office furniture that no one sits on or the dead animals hanging on the walls. The cost of that air running 24 hours a day 7 days a week to keep the stinky stuffed animals cold doesn't even come close to the calls made from the stations. Trim the fat at the top then start fussing about us bottom feeders. :devil:

07-30-2009, 06:12 PM
When did everyone start thinking that we are hired to sit around talking on the phone and browsing the internet and waving the trucks by?

No one said not to talk on your cell phone. Stop tying up the Departments phone lines. But, don't stand out in front of the station talking on your cell phone and wave a truck by over your shoulder without even acknowledging them. How would you feel if you were the driver. It would piss me off.

How many times has a supervisor or dispatch tried for 30 minutes or more to get ahold of many of you and could not because you had turned your radio down so that it doesn't interefere with your conversation on the Station's phone?
Someone has to call you on your cell phone that you are NOT using to tell you. Has this happened to you?? The same people trying to stir everyone up is probably the exact ones that doing it all the time. Use some common sense sometime.

The Department does not want you browsing the internet because the computers are all tied together the the network. If you pick up a virus it can spread through the network or infect others through their USB drives. I'm sure you are not doing what you were hired to do while you are on the internet, are you?

07-30-2009, 10:15 PM
The order came from DACS, for EVERYONE in the entire DEPARTMENT to cut state cell phone use. That's why the memos came down.

Nobody cares about you as much as you think they do. There's a bigger picture than you. Instead of whining, figure it out.

07-31-2009, 03:09 AM
If the memo is for state cell use, then it should be written as such. Its written and the brass is saying its all officers staying on station phone in excess. It figures. Put the blame on the low man.

07-31-2009, 10:49 AM
The memo that came from Timmy was about Station phones only and intended for Officers only. Had nothing to do with you HQ, just like always poking your nose into things you KNOW NOTHING about. Also had nothing to do with cell phones.

Here is an idea to keep the main line clear and still be able to talk to other officers, most stations have at least 3 lines in them, main, fax, and old dial up line (talk about wasting money), extra line + extra phone = yackity yack with no crying from others.

The phone and internet on midnight shift helps an officer stay awake, would you rather have awake officers or sleeping ones?

Is it ok to use station phones to call phone sex lines as long as I use my calling card? I mean it doesn't cost the state anything and I really like talking to Marcie, she sounds HOT!

07-31-2009, 11:00 AM
When did everyone start thinking that we are hired to sit around talking on the phone and browsing the internet and waving the trucks by?

I started thinking this when I kept seeing the Major and CPT (back in the day before big headedness set in) @ the farmers market on both all the time taking care of personal business and ordering stuff on state time. Isn't what's good for the goose good for the gander, or is it that since they got promoted they got religion and want to walk the straight and narrow, or attempt to at least portray that? Cause I KNOW that they are still doing it. Ya'll (Tim, Dewayne) should really clean your computers once in a while, such a wealth of useful knowledge there.

08-02-2009, 09:40 PM
You will be losing your phones very quickly. The capitol vixen Terry Lee Rhodes is going to take them, she hates cops. It's not Timmy