PDA

View Full Version : 2012?

07-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Who's running for sheriff in 2012?

07-14-2009, 04:13 AM
I see people looking at this. Why isn't anyone responding? Has no one made mention of possible candidates? It looks like the agency admin needs an enema and the troops need real leadership. You ready for change? I'm a retired Deputy from the Tampa Bay area, now Senior management in the private sector. Should I continue or are you guys and girls content with your leaders...I mean management. There's nothing worse then Dinosaurs that are not in touch with the street anymore, that hand down policies etc from their air conditioned office, to fit their personal or political agendas. Time for new, younger and progressive blood that will empower his Deputies to do their job to the full extent of the law, without the fear of reprisal.

07-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Stay in the private sector you had your fun on the job,,, just let us worry about 2012...

Thanks for asking

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

07-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Stay in the private sector you had your fun on the job,,, just let us worry about 2012...

Thanks for asking

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
What? That's thre problem. An outsider needs to come in and take over.

07-15-2009, 10:59 AM
Then stay away from this useless site and do something....

07-15-2009, 01:36 PM
I see people looking at this. Why isn't anyone responding? Has no one made mention of possible candidates? It looks like the agency admin needs an enema and the troops need real leadership. You ready for change? I'm a retired Deputy from the Tampa Bay area, now Senior management in the private sector. Should I continue or are you guys and girls content with your leaders...I mean management. There's nothing worse then Dinosaurs that are not in touch with the street anymore, that hand down policies etc from their air conditioned office, to fit their personal or political agendas. Time for new, younger and progressive blood that will empower his Deputies to do their job to the full extent of the law, without the fear of reprisal.
WE NEED CHANGE. PLEASE RUN FOR SHERIFF AND GIVE THIS PLACE THE ENEMA IT NEEDS. I'M NOT CONTENT WITH ANY OF THE UPPER MANAGEMENT.

07-15-2009, 04:19 PM
I appreciate the responses, both good and bad. It gives me a true metric of feeling and thoughts out there about 2012.I'd like to see more responses. I will not waste your time if you guys and girls are happy. It's a lot of time and money to run and I'm a simple man, with simple values and resources. There's no silver spoon here, just old school blue collar work. What's right is right and what's wrong is wrong. Teamwork and Unity will be familiar words once again. As Sheriff, once my admin duties for the day are done, you'll find me in read off and on the street with the troops. I LEAD FROM THE FRONT! I will run as a Republican.

Poster "Hey 2012"..... I did have fun on the job, but it was not always fun. The internal politics are much worse the BS on the street. I always hated the internal struggle and I vowed that I would never run an agency like that. The worst part of the job was the terrible supervision....Mostly the front line Sgt's and Lt's. Over inflated egos! That will quickly be addressed. When it's extremely busy, I will remind Sgt's that they have notes too! NO is above taking a call and helping the agency's with it's mission....Protection of life and property!

If we are strong at our core, the rest will fall into place and this will be visible to the public. When they know the Sheriff' backs his troops and Deputies are empowered to walk tall, it builds confidence that they are protected, we are doing the right thing and we are committed. I don't care what the criminal element thinks, nor will I bend to media pressure. My goal is not to be popular, but be balanced. Bad people go to jail and they will complain...That's life! And another thing, there will be no BS IA complaints or witch hunts either.

New motto's for the agency under me:

Public: "Hernando SO, Leading the way for a safer Florida"
Internal: "Teamwork and Unity.....Train hard and Fight hard. Live to fight another day!"

Be safe

07-15-2009, 04:38 PM
you got my backing....anyone who runs wihin our agency will be the same old dead burned out wood that need to be thrown away.They live in the 1980s era and have no idea whats going on out there.We need change!!!!badly...Nugents boys,such as the owens,the maurers,need to go!!!the rest retired....if I run...i would be cleaning house on top.....give my guys good job protection and treat people the same not because they are popular in the community or because there families own businesses here.or etc.......it got somewhat better when the old timers such as the letts,arick,and few other cronies left.They have no idea how law enforcement changed and they would be the first one to give a citizen comment form to hang a deputy out to protect there own butt.dont get me wrong..a few new guys need a tune up and an attitude adjustment..no doubt..but Its a back stab fest and it wont change till we get change!!!new blood...u got my vote!!!!and time to help!!!

07-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Thank you for your post. I don't know any of the people your speaking of. As a Sheriff, I will completely clean house on the admin side and bring in my own people. They will have my philosophy instilled in them...The troops come first!. NO cookie cutter garbage and NO "Yes men". All of them will be hard working cops / cops and have a proven track record of making it happen on the street. I want leaders, not managers. I can teach anyone to manage (Write schedules, assign zones etc), but I need people the troops believe in.

Be safe

07-16-2009, 09:07 PM
I'd like more feed back please.

Be safe!

07-17-2009, 12:50 AM
How about posting a name to go along with these strong words you type. You have us listening it would just be nice to put a face to look forward to.

07-17-2009, 02:18 AM
How about posting a name to go along with these strong words you type. You have us listening it would just be nice to put a face to look forward to.
I'm sure in time they will give a name. Be patient, please.

07-17-2009, 02:35 PM
I will in time reveal myself. It would be unwise at this time to lay everything out.

Just believe that change can and will happen, there is light at the end of the tunnel and HCSO can be a place were Deputies like to come to work.

I would like to continue to post my ideas, philosophy and maintain a dialog, as well as gather feed back from everyone to help formulate the type of agency that is desired by everyone. It's not a one man show, but a group effort.

07-18-2009, 05:30 AM
They have no idea how law enforcement changed and they would be the first one to give a citizen comment form to hang a deputy out.....
yes they did. they knew what a bunch of jerk offs work with us. if a citizen has a complaint, it does need looked into correctly, which is not happening and has not happened in the past. we have too many dirty guys and dolls who work with us and the citizens have lost faith and trust in us. look at what some have done to us. i know i can't wait to get out of here...in time bro in time. morale sucks and the younger deputies are not doing what they should be, not all of them but too many who have gotten away with too much. as was said if they are liked in the community or their families own businesses and support the sheriff they can do what they want and the brass thinks the people can't see through it. that is bullsheet and our department is way out of hand. problem is it's who you know and not what you know. i wish i would have never come to this department and you won't see me here for much longer.
guest 2012 when and if you run for sheriff keep in mind the good old boys are abundant in this department. i am not one of them and i take my job very seriously, with the residents of this county kept in mind at all times. this is why i am getting out of here as soon as i can.
remember bros, one day we will all have to face the ultimate judge and that sure isn't nugent or his suck ass yes men and women.

07-18-2009, 05:50 AM
It looks like the agency admin needs an enema and the troops need real leadership

Guest 2012, "needs an enema" is strong wording and is disrespectful. This does not sound like leadership in my opinion and is an improper start....warranted or not.

You also state, "and the troops need real leadership". Guest 2012, what makes you qualified as a real leader?

You are going to have to be a real leader in the community too as well as in the political arena. You cannot just run an agency if "elected" and not commit to these.

I'm a retired Deputy from the Tampa Bay area

What kind of retirement do you have and is it from an on the job disability after only three years on? Another point is where in the Tampa Bay area as some areas are boring to work in. What is your LE experience?

now Senior management in the private sector

Senior management in the private sector means nothing on this board.

What do you oversee? How many employees report directly to you and what are their positions? How many people do you come in contact with in your senior management position each week? What kind of company is it? What was their payroll each year for the last 5 years? Does it have a comptroller? How many employees are employed full time/part time? Do you sub? How many locations does the company have, how many reportable injuries has it had over the last three years, what reductions have been made since and describe your light duty program if one exists............do you see where I'm coming from?

What do you know about GL, WC, Hold Harmless'/Indemnities, procuring health insurance/life insurance, setting up light duty programs, vendor's, NEGOTIATING, employer law, contracts, unions, and etc.

Do you even know the names of the people who run our government in Hernando County? Who will you reach out to if you need some advice? Are you aware of any unofficial channels in other counties or will you make the citizens fearful of your short comings if you have any?

"Senior management" could mean that you have a friend or two that run a small security company which provides unarmed guards to a small client base using retired men and women trying to supplement their SS income.

......or are you a multi million/billion dollar corporate executive that has reported directly to the owners, board or president for at least five years who has a proven track record which would make you a VP in a vital department or pretty close to it.

Some of my biggest problems in the business world are with top management not being morally straight in their dealings with certain vendors. Some of these insecure managers accept bribes, from gifts to monthly pay offs to se x. That does not include how they run their departments into the ground and kill morale. Some try to be big shots by promising jobs to their friends to impress people and then they start to put pressure on certain employees to quit so that they can hire their new drinking buddies.

The empty can rattles the most.....are you an empty can?

Time for new, younger and progressive blood that will empower his Deputies

Again, the maturity of the writing does not sell. You must keep in mind that even though you are speaking directly to HCSO's finest, you are also being read by Hernando county's citizens who will be voting.

I appreciate the responses, both good and bad. It gives me a true metric of feeling and thoughts out there about 2012

My question is how does it give you a true metric of the feelings and thoughts out here about 2012? You have had only a few responses since your first post. This to me makes no sense. Where else are you getting responses where you can write these things on this board?

Some of the responses here could be bogus or from some kids on summer vacation................I could be one of them.

I'm a simple man, with simple values and resources

I respect that you are a simple man with simple values and resources but to run an agency like this, it (in my opinion) takes a whole lot more to do a good job for the agency and COMMUNITY of Hernando County.

Teamwork and Unity will be familiar words once again

My question is how will you instill teamwork and unity (if it is lacking) into the agency and when.

As Sheriff, once my admin duties for the day are done, you'll find me in read off and on the street with the troops. I LEAD FROM THE FRONT!

Again, you have some of the community reading your writings and not just HCSO's finest. How many shifts will you be working? Are you married? Do you have children?

You lead from the front? What are you going to do.......traffic stops or beat units to a call or do you mean that you will take the non priority calls because they are not below you? I understand that if (God forbid) something big happened that you would have to be there. That is not a problem, but could you be more specific and the next question would be for how long?

Have you gone over the crime stats and understand how they are categorized? Are all of the employees at HCSO qualified for their positions? How many records will you go through and then evaluate on an individual basis or will you trust what has been written in each file (i.e. college grad without verifying or solid LEO by good outside friend supervisor)?

Do you know which areas of our county have the biggest problems? Do you know what those problems are? Will you re-zone certain patrol areas of Hernando County? Do you know how to apply for Federal grants and be almost guaranteed to receive them? Do you know where all of your resources are (hint: not hiring friends but other things)? What other ways will you get more money to put towards bettering the agency and our community?

What experience do you have in writing policies and procedures? How about emergency contingency plans? Do you know what you are looking at when reviewing them or will you just accept them as is or based on someone's title..............I'm not saying that they need to be changed, I'm asking if you know what you are doing.

Have you ever activated an EOC at 02:00? Have you ever considered that the comms center may not get timely weather info and that if a tornando is confirmed to use the reverse 911 system for the direction it may be heading because not everyone has a weather radio? Could it work? Your here for the community as well as the agency.

Are you familiar with all of the emergency services and the different levels in Hernando county and do you know what is available to you from state to federal?

HOW WILL YOU REVIEW THE COMMS CENTER? Do you have any firefighting or emergency medical experience? Are all medical calls going out quickly enough? How will you know? This is my biggest concern. The community suffers if things can't go faster.......remember "protection of life and property"........this is included.

CAD systems are good for some things but bad for others. The computer could categorize a call as a fall which sounds like someone tripped when in one case someone actually fell 70 feet at a golf course (dispatched as a fall). In other calls, vital signs are given and in one case a dispatcher said that a person urinated on themselves...........is this necessary information before dispatching an ambulance?

Does the dispatcher have to tell the paramedics this over the air? No they do not! The medics can do their own assessments when they get there....all they need is a nature of the call, not if the person has bathed that day or not.

It seems that people, since the change-over are looking for more information from the call taker/dispatcher before moving faster to include not sending a second ambulance emergency or specialized equipment until someone gets there first...........you can always cancel them........minutes are literally lost at times and don't forget we do not have a level I or II trauma center close by. Some trauma patients have waited about an hour at times in the back of an ambulance waiting for an un-available medical helicopter. Paramedics were not designed for trauma patients and do not have the equipment! Do you know who the medical director is? Are they involved in how medical calls are taken (to include motor vehicle accidents and etc)?

For a motor vehicle accident ask if there are injuries, if so, just send an ambulance, an apparatus with a hurst tool with proper man power then ask the additional questions like if anybody has been ejected and etc. The computer is making decisions and not properly trained people with COMMON SENSE. This could be killing people. How would you know?

As far as unneccessary and embarrassing information over the air, this is a small community and people have scanners and know their neighbor's addresses.....they don't need to know this information!

Do you know the difference between an als and a bls ambulance and which to send? If not, that is what the computer is for but don't we have ALL als ambulances in this county? I believe so...........so why are we functioning this way when it comes to medical calls?

EMT's with three years of full time street experience (on an ambulance) should be taking and dispatching medical calls. You get an address, a nature of the call, the closest cross street and a phone number of the caller and then dispatch.........you then ask additional or assist over the phone as needed......none of this layman index card or computer algorythm stuff.

I apologize but I don't think that you would know how to review the comms center and I believe that the Sheriff would be the one to oversee it's success. Your Florida State required "First Responder" Certification won't cut it.

These are just a few "ADMIN DUTIES" that are required by the Sheriff, are you sure that you will have time to be on the street with the troops??

As a Sheriff, I will completely clean house on the admin side and bring in my own people. They will have my philosophy instilled in them...The troops come first!. NO cookie cutter garbage and NO "Yes men". All of them will be hard working cops / cops and have a proven track record of making it happen on the street. I want leaders, not managers. I can teach anyone to manage (Write schedules, assign zones etc), but I need people the troops believe in.

In my opinion, it would be foolish to completely clean house on the admin side and bring in your own people. A "true leader" would not say that or more importantly, do that. It is a gradual and proper process. You sound as if you do not have any true leadership training and/or years of experience "leading".

Just believe that change can and will happen, there is light at the end of the tunnel and HCSO can be a place were Deputies like to come to work.

What kind of change and are you deceiving anyone? I have been part of teams in which when one person leaves the company, they negotiate to bring the top brass with them for more pay and benefits. We all go and after several months to a year, the old company wants us back and are willing to pay even higher salaries and equivalent beni's.
Are your guys that good in the admin side of what the agency and our community needs and with all due respect I believe that HCSO has some fine deputies. What makes your "proven track record cops" any better.

Maybe it's limitations keeping some troops down and even then will your "cops" train people without some type of contract (if it's legal) if they need it.........it's a pain in the butt to put your heart and soul into someone just to have them leave or not make the cut. I can't see any difference in how things may be handled.

I would like to continue to post my ideas, philosophy and maintain a dialog, as well as gather feed back from everyone to help formulate the type of agency that is desired by everyone. It's not a one man show, but a group effort.

Sorry but the community comes first and foremost, not you trying to make a cool club. Most if not all of HCSO deputies are professionals.

Do you have a US Military background as an NCO with at least two NCO leadership schools and at least 6 years experience in those positions? That would look good to me for starters.

Do you have a four year college degree from an accredited college?

What is your business experience?

What is your budget manager experience? You will operate on a budget and the tax payers may like to know what you can do?

As a Sheriff in Hernando County, what would be priority one for the community (you should have at least two or three top priorities that tie as number one).

Have you gone over the accident (motor vehicle) stats yet? I feel that FHP may be lacking in some of their investigations.

Question: Based on a headlight filament, can you determine if the headlight was on during a motor vehicle accident at night?........where is your expertise in LE?

Can you professionally compare certain streets, roads and etc to their posted speed limits (hint: some should say 35 MPH insteaed of 50 MPH)? What would you do to lower pedestrian fatalities in those areas or the motor vehicle accident fatalities in other areas when "engineering" or Florida DOT states that they are fine? It's politics or money.......yet people are still in danger.

What other areas have you worked in? Have you worked in different states or countries? Sometimes when someone works in one town, they stay stuck in their ways because they do not know any better.
There are better ways to do things and older people hate change. It has been said through some studies that it is very difficult to teach something a different way after it has been taught another (I can't quote the studies right now).

I have at times tried to change how people act on the job based on learning something that is 100% proven and they have told me, "well that's how it's done here". What is your mind set?

Do you know of any equipment problems at HCSO? Does everyone and every department have what they need? Are we as a community up to date in "police technology"?

Have you worked as/in:
A homicide investigator?
A detective in any fashion...not a patrolman?
A traffic homicide investigator/reconstructionist?
A K9 handler?
A DT instructor?
An FTO?
An ERT/SWAT Leader and/or sniper?
A forensics tech?
In water patrol?
Any type of SAR?
in narcotics/vice?
organized crime/gang activity?
community programs?
educating/helping kids?
the media.....................

You have to have a good working knowledge of everything.

What do you have other than the words you have already spoken?

I 'm reading..................

07-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Hey guest 2012 your OUT!!!!!! I am voting for WONDERING...... Excellent Blog... :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop:

07-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Hey guest 2012 your OUT!!!!!! I am voting for WONDERING...... Excellent Blog... :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop:
do you really think that guest2012 is going to lay everything on the plate this early on? i won't decide who i am voting for until much later in the game. i hope you rethink what you have typed and do the same thing and i hope you don't base your vote on a mere forum entry. i know i won't and neither will many in the community who don't even read this forum. wondering is probably the one who is running from within and that is not what we need. we do need someone from the outside to come in and flush the place out.

07-18-2009, 03:35 PM
advice to guest2012 be careful what you say.
the main concern of the brass who post here is to find out who is posting and that is why someone already wanted to know who you are. :cop: :cop: :cop:

07-18-2009, 11:57 PM
Look Guest 2012 is full of hot air.. Wondering smacked him good... Guest 2012 is a fake, a nobody, Loser :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

07-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Again, I appreciate the feedback both good and bad. Let me make some quick comments, before I respond to the long winded post from what is obviously a HCSO brass member or supervisor.

I have answers for what you probably think is a witty post.

1. I don't care if Nugent and his team try to find out who I am. There is nothing they can do to me or about it.
2. It is unwise to reveal the entire Business Plan and myself at this time.

I will tell you that have a strong following in Hernando, to include citizens, Judges and local attorneys. I have been asked to consider the position, which will be backed both publicly and financially by these individuals. They want change too and after speaking to me and understanding by background, they feel that I am a good candidate. That's all.

I know that this board can be a cancer sometimes, but sometimes is used for good. I'm just putting the word out there for both the LEO's and the citizenry.

Now............... In response to the post by “WONDERING”, you know too much about EOC, COMM CENTER etc to not be in the game. You’re not fooling anyone. So let’s begin.

Insecure people yell the loudest. Are you insecure?

-Enema: This is a strong word, which is why I chose it. After speaking to the above mentioned demographic of the county, it’s needed. I know that an overwhelming majority of the troops feel this way as well. If you feel disrespected or you feel it is disrespectful, TOUGH! I’m not here to make friends with everyone. And yes is it leadership. It’s about transparence, accountability and calling it like you see it… Even when it hurts! The scum bag sense of entitlement you feel, because you are a brass member or supervisor is disturbing and hollow. Hence, why the admin needs an enema. I will not tolerate it.

-Leadership: What qualifies me? A high level of moral fiber and integrity, ethics, sense of urgency, discipline, compassion, loyalty, expecting nothing other than a paycheck, honesty, accountability, listening skills, action, following the rules I except everyone else to follow, being the first on through the door on a hot call and not hiding behind the cruiser while the troops do it, a distain for the sense of entitlement, being able to admit when you’re wrong, standing you’re ground when your right, meaning what I say and saying what I mean, being a shield for my troops, providing proper training, dealing with issues head on and not ducking them because of political ramifications, the ability to speak to the masses and communicate efficiently, vision for the future, leading by example not through policy. All of these I posses, make me a leader. A person all people can believe in and get behind, not looked at with suspicious eyes and doubt. A Sheriff for all the people of Hernando, not just the select elite or chosen few. There’s one of the problems, your notion of the “Political arena”. The people of Hernando will either reelect me or not, based on my efforts and leadership. Is crime up or down, is Hernando a hot bed for drugs and crime, or do we feel safe. These are the questions people ask themselves about the police and this is the measure of how we are doing. Not how big I can smile on tv and through shade at an uncomfortable topic. The community either likes you or they don’t and those stripes will be earned, not given!

-Retirement: I retired from Law Enforcement in good standing after 15 years. I know, I know… I need 40 years experience and the lobotomy comes with being promoted right?

-Senior management in the private sector: It has everything to do the measure of your effectiveness and have everything to do with this board, as it is a part of me and what I bring to the table. I oversee hiring/firing, managing a multi-million budget, all of the HR function, payroll, talent management, support / logistics, billing and accounts receivable and the IT section. Everyone reports to me and I manage numerous employees, spread out across 4 states. I report to the CEO and the company board on the daily events and strategic movement of the company.
True measure: This is not the only venue I am reaching out too, but one and a tool to put my feelers out. I really don’t need it to make sense to you “WONDERING”. Thanks for the feed back though.

-Values: My point in this matter was as simple as the statement. I have no hidden agenda, I’m not interested in furthering my career past Sheriff and I owe no one! I respect the fact that you came on here and gave me “You’re opinion”, but that’s all that is… “You’re Opinion”. With your statement in this area, you must be a proponent of change then, because what’s going on now is not a “Good job”. The doors to the agency are merely open and people are working, but that does not represent a good job being done (Admin Level). I can take a piece of crap from the front yard, put icing and a candle in it, make it look pretty and call it a cupcake. However, when you bit into it…it’s still a piece of crap! I’m not saying that Nugent is a piece of crap, so relax. I’m just giving an analogy.

-Team Work: This is the easiest one for me to handle. One of the biggest problems today in law enforcement is the admin in agencies losing the vision on what’s really important, your people. I will be at as many readoffs as I can, on the street and on the radio as much as I can. The admin as no interest in this and like to make policy, pass judgment and formulate opinions from their air conditioned office. This is where the machine breaks down and the troops feel that they are out there alone. I will keep the admin and agency true to its core competencies and not spread ourselves thin trying to manage multiple projects or the enhancement of their careers, which takes away from the mission. Aggressively going after grants for training, equipment and programs that allow me to hire more Deputies, but also serve the true needs of the citizens. There needs to be movement within the agency. The troops like to try different things and I think they should. It only diversifies their knowledge and builds their skill level and in turn, makes them a better, well rounded Deputy for the citizens. Maybe re-look at the scheduling. I like the Tampa schedule, 4 on 4 off. This gives the troops a good break between work weeks and the opportunity to work the extra details for cash. Yes, it can be done. We just need to shift and reallocate resources. And money…… I will fight to get the Deputies raises each and every opportunity I get. Here is where the private sector advantage comes in, the one that you said is not applicable. The county has a budget, like a whole pie. It’s up to the head of each county department to make their play for the biggest piece. You need to be a better business person and know how to get that biggest piece. You keep pushing with a whole host of things, not just “Crime will increase”. This is only a fraction of what they need and want to hear. I have all the training, experience and knowledge to make it happen with the budget. Paid cops are happy cops! The worse thing they can say is no, so why not push the envelope. I will not take a raise, if the troops are not getting one. I will take my portion and recirculate it to the payroll pool. It might not be much, but at least I’m in it with them. The admin don’t need new cars every year to drive to and from the office. That money’s can be used for a new cruiser for patrol. Yearly events at the S.O., top notch relationship with the union and not the attitude that I’ll play nice in the sand box with you, quarterly awards for the hard working go getters etc. I’d like to implement a civilian group of people, that handles all the non criminal wrecks and found property calls in the county. They can also take low, no suspect information calls over the phone…A telephone reporting unit. These programs are much cheaper than having a Deputy respond, when properly trained collect all the necessary info and forward to CID (inactive, pending further leads) and will actually save money over a period of time and allow me reallocate resources to needed areas. This keeps Deputies available for high priority calls. There grants out there for this. We need to aggressively go after technology too. Anything that allows a Deputy to complete a through, timely and professional investigation by themselves is a must! Visibility, load balancing the work, appreciation, making the job easier, safer….. I could go on and on about team work. The moral of this is and you will hear it a lot from me, “BACK TO BASICS”.

-Unity,UCR,Others: I have explained how I will create unity and it is LACKING there! I know all about the crime stats and how UCR works. I was part of the committee at the agency I worked at that did all the GIS statistics and printed out detailed maps of patterns of crime in a particular area etc. I know the demographics of Hernando, the hot spots and the issues that plague the county. I have spoken to ASA’s and the PD’s and I know which areas are of concern, right down to traffic issues. I also know by talking with them, which Deputies and admin have the worst reputations, professionally. I will constantly be evaluating everyone, to make sure they meet mine and the communities’ expectation. This is an ongoing practice. The bad seeds will reveal themselves.

-Comm Center: Are you telling me, that every Chief of a PD and Sheriff know everything about the comm center and EOC? You’re sadly mistaken. They have a pretty good idea of how it works and they surround themselves with the people that know it back and forth to advise him/her. I give my expectations, must haves and the professionals move forward supervising keeping the needs, safety and law requirements in mind. This is all under my watchful via weekly meeting and evaluation processes. Activate EOC…No and neither did not most Sheriff’s until they needed to for the first time. All the systems in place would be made aware to me, once I was in office with the people in place that know how to use it. I have other ideas about how those systems could be used in conjunction with other programs. ALS-Advanced life support / BLS-Basic life support…. Are you kidding me. I will form a committee of experts in the county to review, tweak and test our comm center EMS practices and response times. What works, what does not work and what can we do better. Calls for service are screened by the excellent people in the comm center that know what they are doing and I expect the people in place supervising are monitoring situations. I will be putting a sworn supervisor in the comm center to oversee the operation, which will be in charge. You make it sound as if Sheriff Nugent’s is working in the comm center full time, taking calls. Is he? Or does he understand the process after taking office, being briefed of its function and putting the right people in place. Your apology is not needed, because I’m sure the Sheriff and almost all Sheriff’s have the basic “First Responder certification”. These ADMIN duties are oversee and delegated to the properly trained experts in his office. Give me a break!

-Cleaning House: A real leader recognizes faults, broken processes and people. Then adapts, overcomes and moves forward. There is no need to for the ritual of phasing people out or what you believe is a proper process. And who are you tell me or anyone else what’s proper? Immediate change is needed, clean slates and a new beginnings. This strategy has been very successful and effective in other agencies in similar situations and now they are beckons of law enforcement. I’m not making a “Cool club”, but a likable, attractive, professional agency that is not just a training ground for cops who leave for better agencies, but a place that can be a career agency. Of course the citizens come first and of course HCSO has outstanding Deputies. That goes without saying, so please get off your condescending, self righteous, daggered soap box. If Deputies and the civilian staff like what they do and where they work, that image is presented to the citizens in every way… Appearance, attitude, willingness to go the extra mile, approachability etc. Perception is reality to most folks. I have spoken to several Deputies, who are extremely talented cops. But they are miserable and it’s obvious when you talk to them. That attitude is displayed, not by conscious thought. I felt it and I wasn’t the one he was dealing with. I don’t want Deputies to see me and feel comfortable approaching me, not because I’m the Sheriff, but because they appreciate my efforts and they understand I am in the fight with them.

I have been in patrol, community policing, ERT, CID (Various positions) FTO and community programs directed by the Sheriff. My business experience is extremely intense. I have a college education, although I’m not sure what that really has to do with it. A degree in physical therapy would not be helpful in this capacity. I get it; it’s about the legitimacy that it could offer to make me sound better as a candidate, but not really being applicable. Because there are Sheriff’s and Admin that have degrees in nonsense, but claim a degree…Sounds really great right? Its total garbage and offers nothing to position. I would rather an experience cop that has all the applicable knowledge. Where are not NASA, where the guys and girls that fight the bad guys in the night.

Folks, don’t listen to the political rhetoric of others. The post from “WONDERING” was cleverly written to create doubt, but most of the issues and arguments are mute. The fact of the matter is that there are Sheriff’s both past and present, that have never be a cop a day in their life! It’s an elected position and ultimately a popularity contest, which is why people campaign and spend money. So the Sheriff’s that have no experience as a cop, who get elected, how do they do it? How do they get elected over and over again? They don’t know anything, but they surround themselves with the right people. The Sheriff does not run the agency by him/her self as “WONDERING” is trying to portray. If he or she did run the agency by themselves and knew EVERYTHING, they would be a policing god and that is not the case anywhere folks. I at least have a ton of experience as a cop, as well as corporate America. Don’t talk to me about the comm center, we have the right people for that. Talk to me about pressing issues, like budgets, meth labs etc. I will be working with the other Bay area Sheriff’s to create high level information sharing and task forces to combat any all issues. Citizens, you should know that most agencies don’t like information sharing with other agencies. The reason is simple, they want to look like the hero when something goes down and this lack of communication is a huge disservice and detriment to you. The agencies pose as if they do this, but being on these teams and on the inside for years, it is only 1/10 of what should be going on. I don’t care who gets the credit, I just want it done and bad people off the street so they are not walking around with you.

Your attempt to make me go away or look not so attractive failed!

I’m reading, watching and listening…

Be safe

07-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Now............... In response to the post by “WONDERING”, you know too much about EOC, COMM CENTER etc to not be in the game. You’re not fooling anyone. So let’s begin.

Dear Guest 2012,
You seem to be assuming too much where I am "not fooling anyone". Hernando County has plenty of intelligent people who are not "in the game".

I don't understand the "insecure people yell the loudest" thing or it being posted at least four times in your response, especially when you should try and use a few more spaces in your answers. That would make it is easier for me to read (but I saw those just fine). Are you using the "insecure people" thing from my, "the empty can rattles the most" statement on page one? You could have used it.

To answer your question, no, I am not insecure. You are not bothering me at all. Please continue.

-Enema: This is a strong word, which is why I chose it. After speaking to the above mentioned demographic of the county, it’s needed. I know that an overwhelming majority of the troops feel this way as well. If you feel disrespected or you feel it is disrespectful, TOUGH! I’m not here to make friends with everyone. And yes is it leadership. It’s about transparence, accountability and calling it like you see it… Even when it hurts! The scum bag sense of entitlement you feel, because you are a brass member or supervisor is disturbing and hollow. Hence, why the admin needs an enema. I will not tolerate it.

First, your demographics of certain judges, lawyers (if true) and citizens backing you financially is interesting. It sure is easier to have them pay out that kind of cash instead of you having to get all of those petition signatures yourself. Congratulations.

Do these judges and lawyers who are apparently backing you financially fall under the 5th Judicial Circuit?

In regards to your "tough if I feel disrespected" and the "scum bag sense of entitlement I feel" statements, please see the top of this post immediately under "Dear 2012," (hint: I tried to tell you on page one that it's a leadership and maturity issue........you want to run for sheriff, right?).

-Leadership: What qualifies me? A high level of moral fiber and integrity

I can see that.

......All of these I posses, make me a leader

I asked what makes you "qualified" as a real leader. Your response while respectable if all true looks more like an explanation of what you think a leader is.

There’s one of the problems, your notion of the “Political arena”. The people of Hernando will either reelect me or not, based on my efforts and leadership.

The political arena that I speak of will be the one that will assist you DURING YOUR FIRST TERM (if elected) to do the greatest good for our COMMUNITY and the agency as a whole.

It's apparent to me that you have no experience at the highest levels to include the business world. With all due respect, you don't see the whole picture because you have not been there.

-Senior management in the private sector: It has everything to do the measure of your effectiveness and have everything to do with this board, as it is a part of me and what I bring to the table.

Do you remember my examples on page one and then my question,........."do you see where I'm coming from?".

It's apparent that you don't.

I oversee hiring/firing, managing a multi-million budget, all of the HR function, payroll, talent management, support / logistics, billing and accounts receivable and the IT section.

Again, I would think that given your "business experience" that this would be better written unless you work for a very small company.

Everyone reports to me and I manage numerous employees, spread out across 4 states. I report to the CEO and the company board on the daily events and strategic movement of the company.

How do "numerous employees, spread out across 4 states" report to you and why do you have to report daily?

You should be trusted to do the job and maybe months should go by without you having to check in because the job is getting done (an occasional hello in passing is acceptable but not daily check ins).

You, sir/mam sound like you want to go out and kick a$$ in the streets and nothing else (your cool club). Should I be concerned?

True measure: This is not the only venue I am reaching out too, but one and a tool to put my feelers out. I really don’t need it to make sense to you “WONDERING”. Thanks for the feed back though.

What happened to "I appreciate the responses, both good and bad. It gives me a true metric of feeling and thoughts out there about 2012"?

-Team Work: This is the easiest one for me to handle.

Actually it does not appear to be.

I don't know what the agency's problems are but apparently you do....

but my point is NOT YOU working with the agency BUT the agency working together. Let me explain what I meant:

I can take a class of third graders and teach them how to play kickball. I place them into two teams, I explain the rules, the positions of each player on each team, what each position does and we practice on a "real kickball field". Once they get good I assign each team a captain and an assistant captain explaining their responsibilities and making sure that everyone understands their authority when it comes to kickball. I then put a proven and trustworthy student in charge of the whole game and then I check on them periodically to make sure it's continuing to happen correctly. After I am confident that everyone can work with little or no supervision, I have reached goal one of implementing teamwork.

I’d like to implement a civilian group of people, that handles all the non criminal wrecks and found property calls in the county. They can also take low, no suspect information calls over the phone…A telephone reporting unit. These programs are much cheaper than having a Deputy respond, when properly trained collect all the necessary info and forward to CID (inactive, pending further leads) and will actually save money over a period of time and allow me reallocate resources to needed areas. This keeps Deputies available for high priority calls. There grants out there for this. We need to aggressively go after technology too. Anything that allows a Deputy to complete a through, timely and professional investigation by themselves is a must! Visibility, load balancing the work, appreciation, making the job easier, safer….. I could go on and on about team work. The moral of this is and you will hear it a lot from me, “BACK TO BASICS”.

Civilians handling non criminal wrecks? What about revenue? Will the insurance companies back this? Will they write citations? Will they be considered "officers of the court" also if contested?

What is a non criminal wreck? Is it an accident with injuries or fatalities or where someone scrapes a little paint in a private parking lot. What if the two people get into a fight before they get there? What if they begin to fight while the civilian is there?

Could you please explain................? Never mind.

I know the demographics of Hernando, the hot spots and the issues that plague the county. I have spoken to ASA’s and the PD’s and I know which areas are of concern, right down to traffic issues. I also know by talking with them, which Deputies and admin have the worst reputations, professionally.

Down to the traffic issues? I doubt you do (per my example on page one).

You state that you know which deputies and admin have the worst reputations professionally? Based on what? I asked you if you were going to go through every ones file and verify everything for yourself........apparently not.

You have one to a group of people that want someone else in there really bad (justified or not, I don't know) and it's going to turn into a good old boy thing.

-Comm Center: Are you telling me, that every Chief of a PD and Sheriff know everything about the comm center and EOC? You’re sadly mistaken. They have a pretty good idea of how it works and they surround themselves with the people that know it back and forth to advise him/her. I give my expectations, must haves and the professionals move forward supervising keeping the needs, safety and law requirements in mind. This is all under my watchful via weekly meeting and evaluation processes. Activate EOC…No and neither did not most Sheriff’s until they needed to for the first time. All the systems in place would be made aware to me, once I was in office with the people in place that know how to use it. I have other ideas about how those systems could be used in conjunction with other programs. ALS-Advanced life support / BLS-Basic life support…. Are you kidding me. I will form a committee of experts in the county to review, tweak and test our comm center EMS practices and response times. What works, what does not work and what can we do better. Calls for service are screened by the excellent people in the comm center that know what they are doing and I expect the people in place supervising are monitoring situations. I will be putting a sworn supervisor in the comm center to oversee the operation, which will be in charge. You make it sound as if Sheriff Nugent’s is working in the comm center full time, taking calls. Is he? Or does he understand the process after taking office, being briefed of its function and putting the right people in place. Your apology is not needed, because I’m sure the Sheriff and almost all Sheriff’s have the basic “First Responder certification”. These ADMIN duties are oversee and delegated to the properly trained experts in his office. Give me a break!

GIVE YOU A BREAK!!??

PROTECTION OF LIFE. Yeah, it comes with the job and medical calls are the most common and a sworn supervisor won't help in that area.

First and foremost I do not know what admin does all day. Second, I have not bad mouthed anybody in the comms center. Nor will I.

* In General:

911 was developed to be a universal number to call when help was needed. It has progressed to handle high volume calls for big cities with pros and cons for the system.

The people operating the system can only be as good as the system lets them be. However there is usually a high turn over rate for these jobs and mistakes are often made by people in training or who don't care.

Secretaries are required to type 65 WPM are the call takers/dispatchers?

No? What is it then because this is life and death.

I don't know why our lawmakers won't implement a Florida State standard for 911 systems because many around our country and state are helping to kill citizens (I know that they are different systems and nobody has the money).

Let me explain something to you Guest 2012. In my early experience from the time that the phone was ANSWERED to the time that an apparatus and ambulance were signing on with sirens in the background was no later than a minute and forty seconds. Of course this was a long time ago and the phone had "call waiting" when it was not available to the public.

Next came 911 systems in the big cities. The medical calls were still taken within one minute and then dispatched via radio or telephone at night and EMS were on the road within two minutes of the call NOT two minutes TAKING the call (see where these computers slow things down).

Tell me Guest 2012, how does Hernando's comm center work now? Ask your experts who probably only know what they have been trained in and not experienced what I have described. Now compare JUST THE MEDICAL CALLS before the change over because those are my only concerns (besides the obvious fire and priority LE calls).

Companies are promising that their 911 system is the best and they promise to be experts with credentials (and unlimited support or upgrades for 10 years)and they have big city/county customers in each state. "Trauma surgeons and emergency physicians designed this thing"..............and etc.

These things are to help "support" people take and dispatch calls.

Look.....they don't have to be a sworn LEO or a fire fighter or even an EMT-paramedic. That would cost WAY TOO MUCH to staff. Let's just get some caring descent people to work for a lot less and give them index cards or algorythms to determine that they need to send out an advanced life support ambulance for every call. We have no basic life support ambulances.........THEREFORE YOUR WASTING VALUABLE TIME.

Are things more confusing and frustrating at times?

Are medical calls being delayed?

Some "professional" standard may be two mins to take a call before toning it out but that is way too long. We are not in Los Angeles. Brain damage begins between four and six mins after breathing stops. This is why they put fire stations within four mins of any point of a populated area (with some exceptions of course).

I know of deputies in Hernando who have requested an ambulance over the radio only to have it toned out four and in one case six minutes later. I doubt they realize this at times because the don't routinely monitor Fire channels but there was nothing else going on fire/ems wise.

Other times, for these deputies, the tone out for an ambulance is within 30 seconds.

I doubt the citizens of Hernando County realize these problems regarding the medical calls but they DESERVE better.

Keep the county as one like it is now but the comms center has to be as good as it was before the changeover for medical calls. It was much better then.

While I have your ear, this is more of an observation on my part and maybe the deputies don't realize it but when a deputy needs traffic or is in an active foot chase, shots fired or pursuit, DON'T have the dispatcher press the button that emits the long tone just to give someone "traffic". Sumter County's SO has it right, their tone is short and sweet. The deputies ears will adjust to it or better yet do what Hillsborough did and maybe still does...........call 10-46 and everyone shuts up until the deputy calls 10-75.

I fear that (God forbid) one of these days, that long annoying tone is going to cost a vital communication for a deputy and things will be delayed or stopped while everyone searches in confusion.

Look back at page one where I talk about trauma patients and equipment being sent non emergency until it's too late and others waiting in the back of an ambulance for about an hour waiting for "bay flight or "aeromed".

Again, keep in mind that we lack Trauma centers (they are in Tampa) and ask your EXPERTS why our hospitals won't take a trauma patient when our medical helicopters will be delayed to stabilize them and have bayflight take them when available after real blood or colloids have been pumped and cool things only ER docs can do instead of wasting time with the poor paramedics who's biggest colloid is L/R's (a chest tube when placed correctly in an emergency room is better than a 14 guage needle in the back of an ambulance and they can crack their chest or at least where I have worked in the past they did until a trauma surgeon was available).

I believe that Florida Statutes dictate where a trauma center can be set up. We should already have one here but we don't. Talk to your experts and get us one here to share with our neighbor counties.

There is a problem here. Learn about it.

The EOC question was just seeing how much experience you had and knowing what the job completely entails...............and you don't.

-Cleaning House: A real leader recognizes faults, broken processes and people. Then adapts, overcomes and moves forward. There is no need to for the ritual of phasing people out or what you believe is a proper process. And who are you tell me or anyone else what’s proper?

I brought it to your attention because it is obvious to me that you don't have leadership qualities. This is my County too.

If Deputies and the civilian staff like what they do and where they work, that image is presented to the citizens in every way… Appearance, attitude, willingness to go the extra mile, approachability etc. Perception is reality to most folks. I have spoken to several Deputies, who are extremely talented cops. But they are miserable and it’s obvious when you talk to them. That attitude is displayed, not by conscious thought. I felt it and I wasn’t the one he was dealing with.

I disagree. They keep it inside. Just as if they just left another senseless drowning and came to my call for assistance for a person flying a kite over my front yard. It does not matter how ridiculous it gets, they keep it professional.

My business experience is extremely intense

We already went over that. I'm not fooled.

I have a college education

CEU's for LE 40 hour FTO classes don't count.

there are Sheriff’s and Admin that have degrees in nonsense, but claim a degree…Sounds really great right? Its total garbage and offers nothing to position. I would rather an experience cop that has all the applicable knowledge.

Read your next quote while keeping this in mind......

Where are not NASA, where the guys and girls that fight the bad guys in the night.

Good luck in your report writing, prosecutions, grant writing and most importantly......convincing the politicians that you need more money for the agency.

The post from “WONDERING” was cleverly written to create doubt, but most of the issues and arguments are mute.

Thanks for the compliment but it was meant to be serious. All questions are valid.

The fact of the matter is that there are Sheriff’s both past and present, that have never be a cop a day in their life! It’s an elected position and ultimately a popularity contest, which is why people campaign and spend money.

Just what I thought.......you want to be popular and hire your drinking buddies. Again, congrats on not having to get those petition signatures.

The Sheriff does not run the agency by him/her self as “WONDERING” is trying to portray. If he or she did run the agency by themselves and knew EVERYTHING, they would be a policing god and that is not the case anywhere folks. I at least have a ton of experience as a cop, as well as corporate America.

I never said the sheriff runs everything himself. I said you have to have a good working knowledge of everything..........you obviously don't.

Thanks for working the streets as a LEO, enjoy corporate America and by the way, the g in God is capitalized.

Don’t talk to me about the comm center, we have the right people for that. Talk to me about pressing issues, like budgets, meth labs etc.

Yep, I've got it.

I will be working with the other Bay area Sheriff’s to create high level information sharing and task forces to combat any all issues. Citizens, you should know that most agencies don’t like information sharing with other agencies.

Glad I could help you there (page one).

Citizens, you should know that most agencies don’t like information sharing with other agencies. The reason is simple, they want to look like the hero when something goes down and this lack of communication is a huge disservice and detriment to you. The agencies pose as if they do this, but being on these teams and on the inside for years, it is only 1/10 of what should be going on. I don’t care who gets the credit, I just want it done and bad people off the street so they are not walking around with you.

I'm getting tired.

I wish you the best in whatever you do.

Your attempt to make me go away or look not so attractive failed!

No comment..........I'm done............wait, how will you handle the CJ if..............oh, never mind.

07-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Dear WONDERING,

I do appreciate the feedback, both good and bad. I apologize about the typos or the 2 or 3 misspelled words. I fat fingered the keys or missed it as I was going through it. I know it’s of extreme importance to be a good typist as Sheriff.

The support that is in place comes from various places and no names will be used at this time. The signatures for the petition are not a problem. I have a great supporting cast that is ready to get their hands dirty.

The values I listed of a good leader are the ones I personally possess, as mention in my post. I was not explaining what a good leader is, but who I am. You choose to look at my explanation of myself in your own way, because you’re taking this adversarial position with me. That’s ok. Like I said, your perception is your reality. When you meet me and speak to me face to face, you’re opinion will change.

I do have a high level of moral fiber and integrity. This site and post do nothing to take away from that, nor does your opinion. It does not get diminished, because I chose to stand up for myself and what’s right.

I disagree that my FIRST TERM will the opportunity for me to do the most good. Everyday should be viewed as an opportunity to get better, do better and be better. Some of the things that I put in place will take a while to be fruitful and have 100% adoption. Those results and ROI will be revealed over the course of my tenure. I have a lot of experience at the highest level of the business world, which by the way is much more cut throat than the government sector.

I never said one word about kicking anyone’s a$$. I said I would be tough on crime! I specifically said a tough, but fair and balance approach with no hidden political agenda. There is a big difference! That was a real nasty shot and clearly uncalled for, based on what I specifically wrote. I simply said that I would not bend to the criminal element or allow the media to push me around. Should you be concerned? I guess you should if you’re doing the wrong thing.

I love kickball speech, classic! Thanks…. I clearly gave some examples of changes that would bring the team closer, foster camaraderie and feelings of appreciation. It’s not only about physically working together, but changing attitudes, perceptions and breaking down walls amongst the troops. These are something’s, but I have others as well. I’m not given you my entire plan just yet.

Yes, civilians handling wrecks. Other agencies in the state already do it…FHP, Clearwater PD etc. These are wonderful programs that work and generate revenue. They are given the proper training and given the authority to write non criminal citations that are the result of accident investigations ONLY, ie “Improper backing”. They are considered Officers of the court and provide testimony if their citations area contested. Check out FHP’s and Clearwater PD’s model. The insurance company’s backing this is not a requirement. As a whole, accident investigations are non criminal, civil matters. We the Police are criminal investigators. We do accidents reports as a courtesy. Obviously if the wreck has a criminal event attached to it, then that’s different (DUI).

A non criminal wreck is any accident that has no criminal event attached to it like DUI, Hit & Run or a fatality. These types of accident have to be investigated by a sworn cop. However, all accidents that have just vehicle damage, property damage and injuries (Other fatal) can be investigated by civilians as outlined above. Based on the civilian investigators investigation of the wreck if they find fault, they can issue non criminal uniform citations. Any criminal citations will be and have to be issued by LEO’s only. These programs are already at work in the state and have been for years. Clearwater PD has been doing it for many years. Look at these programs if you’re unfamiliar.

I really do know about the issues and complaints in the county. They’re very easily researched.
I’m not mentioning any Deputies names here and putting them on Front Street with regard to their reputation. They will have the opportunity to right their wrongs and make a change. This information comes from other criminal Justice professionals. Going through employee files will be on an “On need bases”, should a situation arise or it’s needed.
There will be no good old boy system with me!

You are obviously very passionate about the comm center issues. If elected, I love to speak to you one on one and get clarity on what you seem frustrated with. Maybe changes are in order and needed. I’m all about better, faster, safer service for the citizens….and Deputies.

The EOC question remains mute. Most newly elected Chief’s and Sheriff’s need to brought up to speed on the EOC stuff in their particular county, because each one is different, have different needs and different resources available. I have a good grasp on its intension, use and the resources involved.

The CEU’s stuff is nice, but I actually have real college credits and degrees.

FYI, I don’t drink or smoke. So drinking buddies is out.

Again petition signatures, not problem.

After 15 years of being a cop in various roles, I think I have a good grasp of law enforcement and all requirements.

If I had to take over the jail and I would like too, it would be handled like every other merger, acquisition or transition. Managing change is not a problem. That is way too long to type out here. I think the jail is poorly run there and could be a whole lot more efficient, user friendly for criminal justice professionals and more professional as a whole.

Be safe.

07-21-2009, 01:20 AM
The EOC question remains mute. Most newly elected Chief’s and Sheriff’s need to brought up to speed on the EOC stuff in their particular county, because each one is different, have different needs and different resources available. I have a good grasp on its intension, use and the resources involved.

Guest 2012,

I did not want to get into this but:

Have you ever heard of lesson's learned? Do you know what it is?

I don't think that you do..........so I will explain it in an understandable form.

It is when there is a near miss incident or an actual incident happens. Based on that type incident, an investigation is launched to determine the cause, corrective measures and precautions on how to prevent it in the future (i.e. lower outdated speed limits in certain areas).

Most things can be corrected to never happen again when applied properly.

An act of God cannot be stopped but in certain situations, things can be implemented to help diminish the negative effects.

Do you live in Hernando County?

Do you remember back in early 2007 when three tornadoes ripped through Sumter, Seminole, Lake and Volusia Counties killing 20 people?

They also caused about 70 million dollars in damage.

The first tornado was spotted by radar over Homosassa (with, I believe a confirmed touch down) heading east at 15-20 MPH.

We in Hernando County are very sorry for the losses from back then.

In REALITY, we dodged a bullet as a community. The path ran from the west coast to east in pretty much a straight line. It could have very easily been us that got hit.

True leader, Public Safety Professionals like yourself should already know to look at major situations and call meetings about what has happened.

Sumter county's (and I am not bad mouthing them) comms center seemed to be unaware of any tornado touchdowns.

I believe that FOX 13 was the only station with a ticker on the bottom of the screen stating that a tornado was spotted in Homosassa and was heading eastbound.

I listened as Sumter County got hit. Their comms center began receiving calls and that was how they found out about it (at the time, I thought that they were already aware that a tornado was coming their way). After they started getting flooded with calls, they began to realize that something was wrong. The fire department in certain areas started saying that the area looked like it got hit by a tornado (there was an actual spotting of one tornado from one of their fire stations).

Streets were blocked with trees and etc. I believe that it was the fire chief that ordered that the EOC be called and activated. Their community came together quickly with someone volunteering a school bus and citizens volunteering to do SAR very early in the morning.

* My weather radio did not go off that night until later and we share the same tower with Sumter and Citrus.

Lesson learned?

Figure it out.

1. Weather radios are only as good as you set them up AND only alert when the NWS Tower activates the tone. If the tower is down, damaged or they are too late with an alert, what is plan B?

2. This is why I mentioned on page one about using the reverse 911 calling capabilities that we have at OUR comms center to notify our residents of incoming tornado danger.

3. Everyone was sleeping when the tornadoes hit between ? 2 and 4 A.M. so no televisions were on.

4. Not everyone has (or can afford) a weather radio. Reverse 911 would be a perfect solution to the best of the comm center's ability.

5.The EOC is an AFTERMATH in most cases. It is the COMMS CENTER'S responsibility to be in tune because they ARE public safety and are the ONLY ones operating 24/7. Communications means information for the operations going in and out to include up do date weather.

6. We want something implented and we don't want miracles just a good solid effort.

7.Refer to number 1. above and then see number 5. again.

I'm not a newly elected "Chief or Sheriff" and look how much I know.

Are you understanding or are you still focused on just LE work. You seem to keep forgetting that the Hernando County Sheriff has a whole lot more responsibility on his plate.

Do you still get tunnel vision when your adrenaline is pumping?

I ask because it appears that you have it now and it would be worse in a crisis.

Off the record: Is English your second language? That would explain your typo's and you being hard headed.

Just an observation.

p.s.

I've been at the highest levels of corporate America (way above what you tried to describe) for over 15 years. I never had to answer to the presidents or owners. We would pass info as needed and say hello in passing because I did my job well. I've never heard of a "company board" but I have heard of a Board of Directors.

I began LE with a 38 special, 4" vent ribbed barrel and two speed loaders filled with 38 sp + P ammo (tech 9's and street sweepers came later).

I have worked as an EMS provider,

as a fire fighter in the fire service

and I have a military background as an NCO WITH leadership schools, involved in small unit tactics.

If only you could expand your thinking and look at the whole picture of responsibility to our community.

Of course we want our LEO's to have the best to include paychecks that will pay their bills and let them begin a savings account with no morale problems if that is the case. Some may have gone a little haywire during a pursuit a while back but that had to be addressed. They may not realize how much the insurance costs are. I would have been upset too.

Of course there should be no double standards on the moderate to big things (i.e. a recent DUI case regarding a female employee). LE should be mature and reasonable but not fearful of retaliation. They have Families and bills.

Absolutely, get rid of the bad apples..........immediately. They are the problem and are dead weight but only after you OBSERVE them for a standard period of time (this is where your "qualified leadership" comes into play. You should only go in with a handful of people at the MOST (one is the minimum).

Keep IAD at it's strictest. Make them accountable and the elite. Working public safety gets you all kinds of complaints. All investigations must not be biased (i.e. my wife is upset due to a traffic stop and I am the sheriff...........I should be able to trust my IA people enough to tell my wife that it's between them and her and be able to know that it's unbiased and stay out of it.

Of course we want violent crime down.

Of course we want non violent crime down.

Hernando County has everything. Bank robberies, murders, explosive devices (past bank robbery), gangs, illegal narcotics/grow houses, an airport, large forests, beaches, water patrols, hurricanes, tornadoes, former military sites................everything. Don't forget that you will have to work with FDLE, DEA, FBI, Customs and a few others. You must be diplomatic and a great PR person to coordinate.

I believe that the current sheriff is trying to better things in the comms center and expand on helping our community. I'm just not sure if he is aware of all of the things that I pointed out (page 1 and 2....and now this)........but if you do get elected, I will come see you and shake your hand with a congratulations.

Now that I have picked you up, dusted you off and pointed you to victory, read and absorb what I have written on page one and remember the biggest concerns that can be addressed with minimum effort now.

Open your mind and educate yourself more.

Lastly, I would have fired you in corporate America pretty quickly based on your communication skills and lack of experience. I've never seen you in the streets but most people can do a pretty good job most of the time. It's not hard to be a LEO.

You want to be sheriff, right?

Clean it from top to bottom (NOT in reverse) and going through EACH personnel file will be part of putting things in line properly, not "as needed" like you stated. Do the job right. Who knows, maybe everything is already in line and good.............

Also, I see that you are now saying that petition signatures will not be a problem for you............why did you change what you said earlier?
You said that you had the financial backing of "judges, lawyers and citizens". Did you not know what you were talking about to become an official candidate or are you exaggerating the truth?

If you change one more statement which contradicts itself, you will have committed "public board perjury". If you stated these under oath, Florida state statute states that two or more contradictions is perjury. Would that be a criminal offense or could a civilian handle that?

In closing, I am NOT in the game and again, I know a whole lot more than you. Think about that.

I am going to sign this now,

A registered voter who lives in Hernando County.

Good luck.

07-21-2009, 04:12 AM
Dear WONDERING,

“Public Board Perjury”? LOL! That must have been a FSS back when you were on the job with your handy 38 special. I have not changed one single statement or backed away from one. You are simply twisting and chopping my comments and statements to illustrate your point. It’s convenient and I think that everyone sees that. I am well aware of all the FSS and actually, one contradictory statement under oath is or can be perjury.

The mere fact that you did not know that civilians can handle minor wrecks etc, shows your lack of LE knowledge and the application of it.

English is my first language, but I do speak Spanish and I am of Hispanic descent. I really don’t appreciate the RACIAL comment.

I am hard headed, you got it. I am relentless when I want something and I don’t lay down when someone tries to brow beat me.

You seem very knowledgeable with the comm center issues and challenges. This does not qualify you to know anything other than the issues you keep harping on, the comm center and EOC. Tornados, lions, tigers and bears…oh my! I am officially turning my cable service off and subscribing to the WONDERING WEATHER NETWORK!

I’m extremely strong with my LE knowledge and experience. I realize and understand the totality of the position and what it encompasses, meaning much more that LE responsibilities. I just don’t think you understand that I am well aware of it, because you keep beating the same drum.

I have learned to manage the adrenaline rush and remain alert to all my surroundings, just like all experienced cops. You don’t get on ERT without being 10-8 and squared away! I realize you’re trying to call me a rookie, but I have the documented career to prove you wrong. I have locked bad guys up for homicide in this state and got convictions of life in prison, without the chance of parole. Have you?

No, I don’t live in Hernando County. As I said, I’m not part of the good old boy network there. I never said I lived in the State anymore. Maybe I do……and maybe I don’t.

The Board of Directors is commonly referred to as the “Company Board”. Maybe you never heard that term during your wonderful private sector career…in the mail room.

It seems like you have had quite the many careers. Military Officer, Cop, Fire Fighter, EMS provider and now the Weather man. How about dog catcher and candle stick maker? I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m ready to put the “S” on your chest right now. I have got to meet you fine sir!

The people that back me will also speak out when the time is right. Then you’ll see, step back and realize that I’m everything I said I was. Time will tell… Faith is believing in something you can’t see.

You would have never fired me in the private sector, because I am the go to guy. The guy that gets it done and makes it happen! Just the way it is.

You don’t know squat about POLICE WORK, so don’t pat yourself on the back and tell me about what you think you know!

And in closing, I’d like to visit the comment you made, “It’s not hard to be a LEO”.

I hope that all the troops come on here and respond to your ignorant statement. They just don’t handout badges and guns. The screening process is extremely rigorous and thorough. The Academy is 6 months of intense physical and academic stress, FTO for new folks is rough, complex and detailed investigations, being a target your whole career and spending the rest of your career trying not to get killed or put in jail for the rest of your life. These are just a few issues that surround the job.

Wow, that’s not hard at all. If it was easy, everyone would do it….But they don’t!

I really think you have no respect for LEO’s. I hope the troops respond appropriately to you.

This is Guest2012……Out!

Be safe

07-21-2009, 04:29 AM
Sounds like a couple guys have a lot of time on their hands. I hope one of them gets elected as neither must have a job now with all the time they have to play here.

This forum seems like just the place to kick off a political campaign.

There are so many intelligent blogs.

07-21-2009, 08:14 AM
The mere fact that you did not know that civilians can handle minor wrecks etc, shows your lack of LE knowledge and the application of it.

Actually I do know that I can pass papers and split (and people do it every day without calling 911) but people call 911 when they don't know how to judge a motor vehicle accident to tell if there are injuries right off the bat. Most people can't stop driving and call out of concern. In that case, how are you going to assess more info? People are quick to dial 911 and I want that to continue. I don't agree with civilians handling non criminal wrecks. More questions will slow down the medical calls even further.

How many civilians are you going to hire and who is going to tell them to move the wrecked cars off the road because it's rush hour and then somebody realizes that a driver is "impaired" or worse, somebody was injured but nobody realized it at first. It happens all of the time.

In theory, you may be letting a whole lot more DUI's get away.

English is my first language, but I do speak Spanish and I am of Hispanic descent. I really don’t appreciate the RACIAL comment.

Right here and now you have showed me more of what kind of character you really have. We are finally down to your TRUE COLORS.

I RESENT that. My wife is from Hispanic descent.

Show me where you have written that you speak spanish and that you are of Hispanic descent.

What I wrote was:
Off the record: Is English your second language? That would explain your typo's and you being hard headed.

There was no "RACIAL comment" It's called profiling. It's a specialized LE tool.

Dumba$$.

You seem very knowledgeable with the comm center issues and challenges. This does not qualify you to know anything other than the issues you keep harping on, the comm center and EOC. Tornados, lions, tigers and bears…oh my! I am officially turning my cable service off and subscribing to the WONDERING WEATHER NETWORK!

If you opened your mind,they need to be addressed. You are the one who first told me that they were fine. The medical calls keep going out every day.......

The EOC question shows your experience level in public safety and the example of lessons learned educates you in fixing problems. Two things you lack.

If you just understood the first time, they would not have to be hammered out for you.

I’m extremely strong with my LE knowledge and experience. I realize and understand the totality of the position and what it encompasses, meaning much more that LE responsibilities. I just don’t think you understand that I am well aware of it, because you keep beating the same drum.

I pointed out legitimate items that you could not address. Being a good cop had nothing to do with it. Your responses show that you have never been on that level.

Are you running for sheriff or not?

You don’t get on ERT without being 10-8 and squared away! I realize you’re trying to call me a rookie, but I have the documented career to prove you wrong. I have locked bad guys up for homicide in this state and got convictions of life in prison, without the chance of parole. Have you?

Thousands of LEO's are ERT. Get over yourself. You have no military experience either (calling me a military officer). We support our Troops and Veterans in this community and serving your Country Honorably helps with the job your applying for.

I never called you a rookie nor have I implied anything detrimental to your LE career. What you keep missing is the level of R-E-S-P-O-N-S-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y. Answer the questions and present yourself accordingly.

I already thanked you for your service as a LEO and while I and others appreciate your hard work to get your convictions, we also understand that it is team work from the beginning to end...............just like the kickball example earlier........remember?

You don’t know squat about POLICE WORK, so don’t pat yourself on the back and tell me about what you think you know!

I'm not patting. I'm presenting and you have failed miserably.

Military Officer

I never said that.

All you have to do is look at what was written. EVERYTHING that I have said is on this board. How can you screw that up?

Do you miss clues that easy too? We don't need that kind of experience here.

I hope that all the troops come on here and respond to your ignorant statement. They just don’t handout badges and guns. The screening process is extremely rigorous and thorough. The Academy is 6 months of intense physical and academic stress, FTO for new folks is rough, complex and detailed investigations, being a target your whole career and spending the rest of your career trying not to get killed or put in jail for the rest of your life. These are just a few issues that surround the job.

No Sh!T. It's what you chose to do. No sympathies. You don't think that I have had death threats, "apparent contracts on me", angry people pouring out of houses while I'm making an arrest alone and wondering if the crap is going to blow while sitting in McDonalds while off duty with a few friends who are not LEO's and have no clue what group just walked in? Please...................lol. Most if not all cops who work where they live have to stick together and watch over their shoulder. Your always a target, sitting in your radio car doing a report or while off duty. Tell me something that I don't know.

If the screening process, academy and FTO phases were tough for you, then you don't belong here. I don't want to hear your BS.

I really think you have no respect for LEO’s. I hope the troops respond appropriately to you.

First a "RACIAL comment" and now this?

You know diplomacy and great PR skills are just what we need.

Welcome aboard!

Please thank whoever it was who typed your last message for you. They did a nice job and it was easier to read.

I'm through trying to educate you.

Be Safe.

07-21-2009, 01:30 PM
You have nothing to offer me, except your verbal jousting and rhetoric.

I appreciate it.

Please vote for Guest21012 in 2012!

Be Safe

07-21-2009, 01:41 PM
Your always a target, sitting in your radio car doing a report or while off duty.
psstttt....it's YOU'RE. Before you complain that the potential candidate has grammer or spelling problems, look in the mirror.
Guest 20112 don't let a suck up or a retired suck up discourage you. There are too many people out here who would gladly help get someone from outside elected.

07-21-2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the support!

I will not let anyone hold me down.

Change is coming......

Be Safe

07-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the support!

I will not let anyone hold me down.

Change is coming......

Be Safe
You're a wise one!! :D
Change is needed and very welcome.

07-27-2009, 04:20 AM
why is it that we can't go to bars in this county? screw u! will guest2012 allow us to go to bars or not? funny that there are still some that do patronize bars, some under the guise of checking things out but we still go. how bout the deputy who was involved in the bar brawl at mermaids last night?
i hate this place and the bs that goes on. we need change and we need it now. too bad we have to wait until 2012.

07-27-2009, 04:36 PM
I assume your talking about going to bars off duty in the County.

The answer to that would be "Yes". Common sense and consuming alcohol responsibly applies. Your all adults and there is no reason I would expect you not to have enjoyable private life. However, we do live our lives in a fish bowl. So....I would expect that no one embarrass themselves, me or the agency. That's not asking too much.

Things occur and happen, regardless of how many rules you put in place. I will not punish the entire agency (Blanket Policies) for 1 Deputy's mistake. I will deal with the individual Deputy as an alcohol related or any other occurrence happens and set the tone and precedent as to what everyone can expect, discipline wise, if another makes the same mistake. If you know what to expect on the discipline side for your individual actions, then you can do the whole cost versus benefit. I think that's fair. It will be uniform across the board in terms of discipline.....I don't care who you are!

I expect as Deputies that you are all under control and in control of yourselves, as we are the ones that need to be, because most others are not. Hence, job security.

I don't wanna hear about Deputy involved:
Bar fights
DUI's
Weapons while consuming alcohol

Again, things that you all already know.

Guest2012 for Sheriff!

Be Safe

07-29-2009, 02:57 AM
Sounds good to me!!! You have my vote and I'll do what I can to help with the campaign!

07-31-2009, 07:19 PM
This is so interesting, and what I really like about it the most is wondering and his posts! Can you make it anymore obvious that you are one of the brass, one of the Nugent good ol' boys, and are scared of new blood, because you know you will be fired immediately! This agency needs new blood, if it continues down this path it will self destruct, do we really want BPD to be better than us? Why does the brass not stop their B.S. and take a look at their guys, more and more want to jump ship and leave, that should tell you something, but you don't listen to us, you listen to each other make horrible decisions, and hang the troops out to dry. wondering, since you work at the office and judging from your long posts, you need to get off the computer and get back to work, If a road guy was in the office on a computer slacking off, you would write him up! So I expect to see a memo apologizing for your improper use of agency equipment.

08-01-2009, 10:55 PM
This is so interesting, and what I really like about it the most is wondering and his posts! Can you make it anymore obvious that you are one of the brass, one of the Nugent good ol' boys, and are scared of new blood, because you know you will be fired immediately!

Dear Guest User,

With all due respect, I have already stated that I am not in the game.

wondering, since you work at the office and judging from your long posts, you need to get off the computer and get back to work, If a road guy was in the office on a computer slacking off, you would write him up! So I expect to see a memo apologizing for your improper use of agency equipment.

Do you know if your agency has a main frame?

If it does, everything is permanently recorded and the sheriff can see each and every computer's transmission under his authority 24/7. He can see what web sites have been visited, what personal business has been done, inter-office memos and etc.

Sheriff Nugent will not find "Wondering" in his main frame. Not because I am the "brass" and work at home but because I'M NOT IN THE GAME.

So, no apology necessary.

Be safe.

08-06-2009, 04:21 PM
I see that your still reading the board WONDERING. Do you see the perception, mistrust, disdain for the agency and unhappiness of the troops? Do see the need for change yet? HCSO needs to become a career agency, not a training ground for cops to go to TPD etc.

Troops,

A quick word about the Cambridge Police deal. The comments made by the President and Mr.Gates are unacceptable. If that happened at HCSO and I was Sheriff, there would have been a strong response. After collecting the facts, speaking to the personnel involved and reading the reports, I would have been much more vocal about the political platform that was trying to be formed. I will not allow anyone of my troops reputation and name be dragged through the mud, because of someones political agenda. We don't act stupidly, we react to peoples actions! I don't think that the ordinary citizen realize that 99% of our job is reactive, which is a tremendous disadvantage to us. The way we over come it is common sense, alertness, experience and training.

Again, I will not bend to any media outlet or the opinions of anyone....including the President. He should not be getting involved in local affairs and I would sound off strongly in the media to that. As far as I'm concerned, if you call one on my troops stupid, you're calling me stupid. NO ONE will get a hall pass from me on that! Better pack a lunch, it's gonna be a long day if you take that road.

As far as Mr. Gates goes, there is nothing that shows any evidence of racial bias in this case. In fact, Sgt.******* appears to be an outstanding troop and I would be very vocal in his support. People who get arrested complain, that's just the way it is. When someone complains, it will be looked into. If it has merit, it will run it's course. But if it does not, that's the end of it! Racial prejudice is unacceptable and a serious accusation to make. If you accuse someone of it, you need to be ready to prove it with facts and evidence, not what you think or your opinion. Put up or shut up! There will be no witch hunts. I hate Monday morning quarterbacks from their air conditioned offices.

I think Sheriff Joe out in Arizona has it right.

Guest2012 for Sheriff in 2012!

Be Safe

08-07-2009, 02:09 AM
This is so interesting, and what I really like about it the most is wondering and his posts! Can you make it anymore obvious that you are one of the brass, one of the Nugent good ol' boys, and are scared of new blood, because you know you will be fired immediately!

Dear Guest User,

With all due respect, I have already stated that I am not in the game.

wondering, since you work at the office and judging from your long posts, you need to get off the computer and get back to work, If a road guy was in the office on a computer slacking off, you would write him up! So I expect to see a memo apologizing for your improper use of agency equipment.

Do you know if your agency has a main frame?

If it does, everything is permanently recorded and the sheriff can see each and every computer's transmission under his authority 24/7. He can see what web sites have been visited, what personal business has been done, inter-office memos and etc.

Sheriff Nugent will not find "Wondering" in his main frame. Not because I am the "brass" and work at home but because I'M NOT IN THE GAME.

So, no apology necessary.

Be safe.

Of course "Wondering" will not be found in the mainframe. We are BLOCKED from posting from the office, BLOCKED from this site!!!! Wondering, you are retired from the agency, aren't you? The way you post gives you away. Past big cheese who is now a little sneeze. Wipe it off and move on!

08-07-2009, 02:46 AM
CAPTAIN BOB FOR 2012!!!!!

08-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Sure A carton of smoke and Thick Steaks for everyone. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

08-13-2009, 08:23 AM
Of course "Wondering" will not be found in the mainframe. We are BLOCKED from posting from the office, BLOCKED from this site!!!! Wondering, you are retired from the agency, aren't you? The way you post gives you away. Past big cheese who is now a little sneeze. Wipe it off and move on!

That's a little bizarre.

Dear Guest,

In answering your question, the answer is NO, I am not retired from the agency.

08-13-2009, 11:23 AM
I see that your still reading the board WONDERING. Do you see the perception, mistrust, disdain for the agency and unhappiness of the troops? Do see the need for change yet? HCSO needs to become a career agency, not a training ground for cops to go to TPD etc.

Again, a thank you to whoever typed for you this time.

Guest 2012,
First, "perception" is NOT a leadership word. It's a manipulator's word who in many instances holds a Jr Management position. They are trained by "happy" people about this "perception" word and how to apply it to their advantage.

An example would be to use the word "perception" to get a subordinate to see things in a different "light". It's more to try and get them to play a different way. Unfortunately, it does not work with intelligent people. My guess is that you hear this "perception" word a lot at work. Are you the Jr Manager or the subordinate?

Why do you use the "perception" word Guest 2012?

To answer your question, I have read all of the posts from page one.

I see your entries, mine and a select few of your "buddies" who keep coming on here.

I see the other posts too and respect what they have written but I can't dispute what their views are. I can only dispute your views.

This is all really simple Guest 2012:

Any 5 year mid level manager (who gives a damn) can get morale back on track in a relatively quick manner. ESPECIALLY if that person is sheriff.

So quit talking about it because if there truly is a morale problem, it is a given that the "new" sheriff will fix it. Move on to the next big issues.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, you are missing ALL of the the points and lack the experience to be the Sheriff of Hernando County.

You could not answer any of my legitimate questions on page one.

You could not answer ANY of my professional concerns on any page for that matter as it pertains to the job of "sheriff".

When people don't know what they are doing, they begin to BS and focus on small issues. This describes you Guest 2012.

In closing:

Troops,

A quick word about the Cambridge Police deal. The comments made by the President and Mr.Gates are unacceptable. If that happened at HCSO and I was Sheriff, there would have been a strong response. After collecting the facts, speaking to the personnel involved and reading the reports, I would have been much more vocal about the political platform that was trying to be formed. I will not allow anyone of my troops reputation and name be dragged through the mud, because of someones political agenda. We don't act stupidly, we react to peoples actions! I don't think that the ordinary citizen realize that 99% of our job is reactive, which is a tremendous disadvantage to us. The way we over come it is common sense, alertness, experience and training.

Again, I will not bend to any media outlet or the opinions of anyone....including the President. He should not be getting involved in local affairs and I would sound off strongly in the media to that. As far as I'm concerned, if you call one on my troops stupid, you're calling me stupid. NO ONE will get a hall pass from me on that! Better pack a lunch, it's gonna be a long day if you take that road.

As far as Mr. Gates goes, there is nothing that shows any evidence of racial bias in this case. In fact, Sgt.******* appears to be an outstanding troop and I would be very vocal in his support. People who get arrested complain, that's just the way it is. When someone complains, it will be looked into. If it has merit, it will run it's course. But if it does not, that's the end of it! Racial prejudice is unacceptable and a serious accusation to make. If you accuse someone of it, you need to be ready to prove it with facts and evidence, not what you think or your opinion. Put up or shut up! There will be no witch hunts. I hate Monday morning quarterbacks from their air conditioned offices.

Guest 2012, DON'T YOU RECALL DOING THE EXACT SAME THING?

You too made a "serious accusation" regarding a "RACIAL comment" on page two of this thread.

You had NO proof,

you had NO facts and

you had NO evidence.

You had just what YOU THOUGHT and YOUR OPINION not to mention the whole transcript at your disposal (as previously pointed out).

"Put up or shut up"??

How soon we forget..........

08-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Wondering,

Do you repeat this stuff in your head until you believe it? Do you believe the stuff you're shoveling?

Your post from page one went on and on....and on....and on about EOC and comm center issues. It got the attention it deserved and that's it. I will surround myself with the individual experts related to that component of the agency. It's that simple.

I don't know any member's of HCSO, so I don't have any "Buddies" contributing here. I do appreciate them and their support. Troops, please keep it up!

What is this mid level, beginner level etc manager stuff? I laid out exactly what I am responsible for on a daily basis in corporate America. Flush out your head gear and get out of the goofy loop of repeating yourself.

You did make a racial comment, point blank and period. I'm not mad at you, I just pointed it out. Re-read what you wrote.

"Off the record: Is English your second language? That would explain your typo's and you being hard headed. Just an observation."

There is no accusation.....There's the proof, this is your text!

You implied that because I had typos and a few minor grammatic errors (Because I wasn't really concerned about it), that the explanation that English was a second language would be exceptable and expected. People who a have English as a second language are incapable of writing properly? Is that the expectation you have of minorities?

English being a second language for someone would indicate that they were a minority. So, are all people who have English as a second language "Hard headed". Is that a minority thing? I guess that would explain it right? Just an observation Wondering. Or was that Public Board Perjury, FSS????????

I was born and raised right here in the good old USA! I will try to make all my posts nice and neat, so I can feel as American as you.

Again, I realized that it is so important that I be a good typist in order to be Sheriff (Insert Sarcasm).

Perception is a powerful thing. It can move people and motivate people to make change and decisions both good and bad. It is a leadership word, because this is something a leader has to deal with everyday. To say it is not a leadership word or deny it, makes things to become chaotic. A leader harnesses it, controls it and uses it to reach the goal or complete the mission. Otherwise, the leader that doesn't acknowledge perception, it's role and the ripple effect it can have is remiss in their duty and has failed.

You are clearly a brass or former brass member. The harder you try to make a point that you're not, the more it shines through. I will not go away and I will not allow you or anyone else to discredit me or my service. Your bantering doesn't scare or impress me.

Folks, Wondering and people in the mind set like him/her are the primary force that want nothing to change. They want the comfort of knowing that a person with 50 years of experience (40 years removed from the street) are at the helm. The same 50 years of learning police admin from the previous good old boys, doing business as usual and know nothing about technology. They feel that progress is moving the 2 inches in front of their face, because they are limited and that is are far as they can see......or want to see. They think it's guarantee that they will be safe, because he or she has wore a uniform for 50 years. What you have is a guaranteed piece of ....!

Watch the news, read the newspaper and see what our county and state is facing and dealing with. The criminal element is taking over and they own the streets. They control the system and the rules are designed to protect them. Most admin have the balls to use the law to their advantage. They are content to sit back, be reactive and allow the criminal element to manipulate them and the system. NO MORE!

Be Safe

08-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Correction on the last paragraph:

Most admin DON'T have the balls to use the law to their advantage.

Guest 2012 for Sheriff in 2012!

Be safe

08-14-2009, 06:50 AM
Your post from page one went on and on....and on....and on about EOC and comm center issues. It got the attention it deserved and that's it. I will surround myself with the individual experts related to that component of the agency. It's that simple.

Uh, no. The comms center was 9 paragraphs you missed the other 41 or so but again you don't get it.

This is a problem that is literally putting peoples lives unnecessarily at stake on a daily basis. Don't you think that the sheriff has already done this and now you are stating that you will continue putting citizens lives at risk by doing the exact same thing that he has?

That is not change.

I am an expert in a few fields and this is one of them. You are wrong.

I don't know any member's of HCSO, so I don't have any "Buddies" contributing here. I do appreciate them and their support. Troops, please keep it up!

I never said that your "buddies" were from HCSO.

You explained that you had the backing of judges, lawyers, citizens and have spoken to other criminal justice professionals (all of Hernando County). You even stated that you knew who had bad professional reputations by talking to these "other criminal justice professionals".

You also stated that you have spoken to several deputies, who are extremely talented cops. But they are miserable and it's obvious when you talk to them."

Yet, you deny knowing anyone from HCSO.......but back to the point, I never said you did.

What is this mid level, beginner level etc manager stuff? I laid out exactly what I am responsible for on a daily basis in corporate America. Flush out your head gear and get out of the goofy loop of repeating yourself.

Perception:

You have stated that "perception is reality to most folks".......and other things such as ".....that's ok, like I said your perception is your reality".

I see that your still reading the board WONDERING. Do you see the perception,

Are you getting it yet? Let me repeat it again for you.

First, "perception" is NOT a leadership word. It's a manipulator's word who in many instances holds a Jr Management position. They are trained by "happy" people about this "perception" word and how to apply it to their advantage.

An example would be to use the word "perception" to get a subordinate to see things in a different "light". It's more to try and get them to play a different way. Unfortunately, it does not work with intelligent people.

Remember "perception"?

You did make a racial comment, point blank and period. I'm not mad at you, I just pointed it out. Re-read what you wrote.

"Off the record: Is English your second language? That would explain your typo's and you being hard headed. Just an observation."

There is no accusation.....There's the proof, this is your text!

No, that is YOUR PERCEPTION.

I am not a racist and you are still a dumba$$.

You sound like you have extreme inexperience when it comes to what you are talking about.

You are hard headed and either lack the capacity to open your mind a little bit more or you refuse to do so. I've stated this many times to you from the beginning.

Or was that Public Board Perjury, FSS????????

Do you know what "public board perjury" is??

It was a joke and it appears that you still don't get it.

I hope you were not searching the statutes for it.

You are clearly a brass or former brass member. The harder you try to make a point that you're not, the more it shines through. I will not go away and I will not allow you or anyone else to discredit me or my service. Your bantering doesn't scare or impress me.

Your PERCEPTION is that I am brass or former brass. So without any facts, your perception automatically becomes reality. That's Brilliant!

The FACT is, that I am not. I am however, better equipped than you for the job of Sheriff in Hernando County.

I don't want you to go away and discrediting you is easy but NOBODY has said squat about "your service" so quit bringing it up in this manner.

In reference to my "bantering" scaring you or impressing you..........again, get over yourself.

08-14-2009, 07:12 AM
I'm not a newly elected "Chief or Sheriff" and look how much I know.

Are you understanding or are you still focused on just LE work.
You seem to keep forgetting that the Hernando County Sheriff has a whole lot more responsibility on his plate.

Do you still get tunnel vision when your adrenaline is pumping?

I ask because it appears that you have it now and it would be worse in a crisis.

Just an observation.

.....If only you could expand your thinking and look at the whole picture of responsibility to our community.

.....Open your mind and educate yourself more.

If you change one more statement which contradicts itself, you will have committed "public board perjury".......

In closing, I am NOT in the game and again, I know a whole lot more than you. Think about that.

08-14-2009, 07:24 AM
For the record:

Right here and now you have showed me more of what kind of character you really have. We are finally down to your TRUE COLORS.

I RESENT that. My wife is from Hispanic descent.

Show me where you have written that you speak spanish and that you are of Hispanic descent.

What I wrote was:

There was no "RACIAL comment" It's called profiling. It's a specialized LE tool.

Dumba$$.

You are NOT sheriff material Guest 2012.

That is not my "perception". That is a FACT.

08-14-2009, 01:21 PM
Sure he is. Maybe not someone you would vote for (because he isn't part of the good ole boy network), but he has the substance it takes to become sheriff. Guest 2012, you have my vote! Keep up the good work!

GUEST 2012 FOR SHERIFF!!!! We need rid of the deadwood and all their cronies. Suck ups and brown nosers need to get out of town and then morale may increase. It's in the toilet now.

Wondering, keep lying. That's what HCSO is KNOWN for, that and corruption!!!!!!!

08-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the support!

We can't allow misguided and uninformed people to stop the train.

Be Safe

08-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Morale is fine where i'm standing. You are either one of those that always has something to complain about or your supervisors aren't doing their jobs. Either way...figure out where the problem is and address the issue. Check yourself or change units.

08-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Steve Klapka for Sheriff.. Mike Owens, or even Craig Baxley !!

08-18-2009, 12:37 AM
Really, Steve Klapka for Sheriff? Wow why would you want a Sheriff who’s wife worked for Jeff Cairo, and is now in her own firm as a defense attorney.
Jeff Cairo is the F.O.P. attorney OK I could agree with that. He would have ties to the F.O.P. but still.

08-18-2009, 03:06 AM
Steve Klapka for Sheriff.. Mike Owens, or even Craig Baxley !!
NO, NO, and NO. You are joking, right? If any of these were to become sheriff, not a damned thing would change! :evil: :evil: :evil:

WE NEED CHANGE AND WE NEED AN OUTSIDER TO COME IN AND CLEAN THE SMEGMA UP THAT HAS BEEN LEFT BEHIND. :P

Get and keep the suck up brown nosers out of here and keep Baxley far, far away! :devil: :devil:

08-18-2009, 03:09 AM
Morale is fine where i'm standing. You are either one of those that always has something to complain about or your supervisors aren't doing their jobs. Either way...figure out where the problem is and address the issue. Check yourself or change units.
you LIAR!! morale is in the toilet and has been for a long time. get your head out of your butt and your bosses butt. :devil: :devil: :devil: i rarely complain because it does no good and you won't catch me lying.

08-18-2009, 03:12 AM
Really, Steve Klapka for Sheriff? Wow why would you want a Sheriff who’s wife worked for Jeff Cairo, and is now in her own firm as a defense attorney.
Jeff Cairo is the F.O.P. attorney OK I could agree with that. He would have ties to the F.O.P. but still.
too many ties is what has ruined this department. we sure as hell don't need more. we need some fresh blood here to clean up the mess the good ole boy and girls have created. it's a hell hole here and we need to clean this place out, flush the turds right on down.

08-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Whats with the 20 questions? The guy said he would come out when the time is right. You people are a bunch of douchebags. That sh&thole does need an "enema." I've never before worked in a place where the morale is so low and the rank and file so divided between those that are burnt out by the bulls#it and just don't give a s*it anymore, and those that still have hope and are desperately kissing a$$ to get somewhere. And sucking a$$ is the only way to get somewhere with that facist regime. Nugent has a god complex and runs that place like it's a monarchy. If your part of the rank and file they don't give a f--k what you think trust me. Thats why they never come asking. I used to get so disgusted when **** was forced into a situation when he had no choice but to acknowledge me. You can just see how fake he is by looking at his face. And thats what his administration breeds people like John Cameron and Cinda Moore the fakest of all. If thats what you want take it. I'm lucky enough that I don't have to suffer through the bulls#it anymore. Otherwise give the new guy a shot.

08-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Whats with the 20 questions? The guy said he would come out when the time is right. You people are a bunch of douchebags.

I believe that most of those "20 questions" are mine.

Who is being a d-bag? It can't be only me because you stated "people".

I don't work for HCSO nor have I. I have what I personally know and see and what I personally want changed.

If someone wants to come into a community where I live too and state that they want to run for sheriff, why can't I ask them questions?

Why don't you list problems that you have observed as a professional and state them professionally. Don't mention things that can be traced back to you but at least anybody who reads this thread can understand things from your side and maybe others will add things to the list.

Citizens read this. Let them know.

Otherwise give the new guy a shot.

Is this statement directed to me or everyone?

I've already stated my thoughts and the reasons why.

Be Safe.

Wondering, keep lying.

I have been wanting to address this statement for a while but people began to respond and I did not want to detract from their posts. I believe that it's a good time now.

Please don't call me a liar.

09-01-2009, 03:17 AM
2012 can't get here fast enough!!!!!! :cop: :cop:

09-18-2009, 01:22 PM
2012 can't get here fast enough!!!!!! :cop: :cop:
AMEN!!!

10-20-2009, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the support!

We can't allow misguided and uninformed people to stop the train.

Be Safe

Or good old boys. Guest 2012 for sheriff! Out with the old in with the new!

GUEST2012 FOR SHERIFF, WOOT!!